Trump government shutdown--Day 1

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Trump government shutdown--Day 1

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:Elections have consequences, or so I've been told. The reps run the executive and legislative branch, but by margins too thin to steamroll things through. This means the reps have to throw the dems an occasional bone. They have as they are willing to live with some form of DACA....with a few strings. The dems, unfortunately want everything and are willing to give up nothing. And so long as 90% of the MSM carries their water, they may get away with it.
You’re not following very closely, are you?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Joe in PB wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:90% of Drumpf’s motivation is to undo everything that Obama accomplished even when what’s best for the country, like DACA.
Please explain how or why DACA is best for the country, as opposed to deporting illegal immigrants and their children back to their country?
You go first. I was just disagreeing with your claim, which was completely unsubstantiated. I know you feel that whatever your opinion is should be obviously correct to the rest of the world but, really, it doesn’t work that way.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Innocent Bystander wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:What I want is illegal aliens sent back to their countries. What I want is to stop paying for illegal alien education and medial needs. What I want is a balanced budget and a Capitol Hill that is functional, unfortunately none of those things happened.
Really, there's nothing more that needs to be said.
Then maybe you both should STFU.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Mikey wrote: You go first. I was just disagreeing with your claim, which was completely unsubstantiated. I know you feel that whatever your opinion is should be obviously correct to the rest of the world but, really, it doesn’t work that way.
Thanks for demonstrating exactly what is wrong on Capitol Hill. Whatever the other party is in favor of, your party is not.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:Not a spending bill. Takes 60 votes.
Not true. Had the Republicans not already wasted budget reconciliation on their disastrous attempt to repeal Obamacare they would have that card in the deck right now. But they didn't because they suck and now they can't make a deal.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Joe in PB wrote:
Mikey wrote: You go first. I was just disagreeing with your claim, which was completely unsubstantiated. I know you feel that whatever your opinion is should be obviously correct to the rest of the world but, really, it doesn’t work that way.
Thanks for demonstrating exactly what is wrong on Capitol Hill. Whatever the other party is in favor of, your party is not.
Nice white flag.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

“Problems start from the top, and they have to get solved from the top, and the President’s the leader, and he’s got to get everybody in a room, and he’s got to lead. And he doesn’t do that, he doesn’t like doing that, that’s not his strength. And that’s why you have this horrible situation going on in Washington. It’s a very, very bad thing and it’s very embarrassing worldwide.”
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Joe in PB wrote:
Please explain how or why DACA is best for the country, as opposed to deporting illegal immigrants and their children back to their country?
Simple. It is all about votes. The Dems need them and one of Hillary’s aides put it in a memo.

http://www.newsweek.com/daca-memo-democ ... 5988?amp=1
“The fight to protect Dreamers...is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success,”
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

A politician garnering votes you say.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:
Simple. It is all about votes. The Dems need them and one of Hillary’s aides put it in a memo.

http://www.newsweek.com/daca-memo-democ ... 5988?amp=1
“The fight to protect Dreamers...is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success,”
So you’re saying it’s not about votes for the Republicans?
What’s it about then?
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

SM, I suggest you step back and take breath and loosen the grip on your pearls. The small percentage of unfunded non essential services that are effected by the shutdown are non essential. It is just a media frenzy, those of us living responsibly in the real world are unfazed. Watching others sucking off the government teat going into apoplectic fits is very amusing. Somebody should have asked Tom Brady his thoughts on the shutdown.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The piss-dribbling sack of shit. The man who supposedly wrote the Art of the Deal sitting on the sidelines as his staffers do his work.

Very presidential. The White House is truly an adult day care.
Whether Trump remains in his behind-the-scenes role is unclear — he is “itching” to be involved and constantly watching TV, according to a senior White House official. One adviser who speaks to Trump frequently said he “always wants a deal.”

As Trump has watched the nonstop television coverage of the shutdown, he has bounced from grousing to aides that he will be blamed for the shutdown, to asking aloud if he should try to end it, to saying Republicans are in a better spot than Democrats and citing polls that show as much.

He complained about not going to Florida for the weekend, where the first anniversary of his inauguration was to be feted with a lavish gala, while also telling advisers his administration was doing better on handling the shutdown than Obama’s did in 2013, according to people who spoke to him.

Trump was determined to show he was working, posing Saturday for a photo behind his desk, wearing a white “Make America Great Again” golf hat. To the click of cameras, he strode resolutely down the portico and even made a rare venture up to the office of White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, where he addressed a coterie of top aides.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

coterie
Prayers going out.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Softball Bat wrote:
coterie
Prayers going out.
Probably from a shithole anyway.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:
BSmack wrote:
88 wrote:Not a spending bill. Takes 60 votes.
Not true. Had the Republicans not already wasted budget reconciliation on their disastrous attempt to repeal Obamacare they would have that card in the deck right now. But they didn't because they suck and now they can't make a deal.
So what you are saying is that the the Democrats are not responsible for shutting down the government because the Republicans could have prevented the Democrats from shutting down the government, but didn't?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm saying their pursuit of the Great Black Whale has put them in a position where they now have to negotiate in good faith and incorporated Democratic ideas into their budgeting. Obviously they aren't.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

How long before those on Welfare, unemployment, and in the government start to feel like they're 2nd class citizens to non US citizens or illegal aliens?

My guess is as time goes by, the Democrats will be feeling more heat since they've already said it's all good with the addition of DACA amnesty.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

They won't. Not sending back people who were forced to move without their consent is a priority for non-racists in America.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The DACA issue isn't about race, there are plenty of Latino's who have immigrated legally. It's about non citizens who ignored imigration rules and want to stay.

bigredretard
Elwood

Post by bigredretard »

I wonder if all the pinko's here were for amnesty when George Bush was pushing for it. I doubt it very seriously. And for the record, the "Dreamers" are not going to get deported.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88 wrote: I wish your parents had smuggled you into a certain facility on the shore of Guantanamo Bay as a child.
I wish you were aborted
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Unfortunately no budget deal, but a continuing resolution. Looks like another year where we'll be half way through the fiscal year before a budget is approved, only to be right where we are now Oct 1st.

In the justice system a hung jury is thanked for their service and excused from the case. I'd be in favor of similar treatment for Capitol Hill concerning a budget standoff. I have a feeling if that were a possibility congress would find some middle ground much sooner.

At minimum Congress should be the first not to be paid or receive benefits, and receive no back pay when a budget is finally passed.

This shit is beyond old.

Last edited by Joe in PB on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigredretard
Elwood

Post by bigredretard »

Trump 2020
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:They won't. Not sending back people who were forced to move without their consent is a priority for non-racists in America.
You get paid to write? Wonderful sentence there.

If these people really were forced to move here then sending them home would be the compassionate thing to do.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:They won't. Not sending back people who were forced to move without their consent is a priority for non-racists in America.

If these people really were forced to move here then sending them home would be the compassionate thing to do.
When it's now the only home they know? That's being compassionate? You aren't this stupid.

Oh, wait...
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Sounds very compassionate indeed, but where does it end?

I see the same problem in a few years time, with a precedence set for amnesty and citizenship.

Basically a green light for illegal immigration, through a sanctuary state like California.

No thanks.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I'm not sure where it ends. My only point was to refute Fat Seater's suggestion that sending them home would be the compassionate thing to do. It might be what he'd like to see, but it would in no way be compassionate. And I think he knows that.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

From the UPi:

McConnell said Democrats caved after realizing the shutdown wasn't politically wise.

"I think if we've learned anything during this process it's that a strategy to shut down the government over the issue of illegal immigration is something that the American people didn't understand," McConnell said.
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018/01 ... m_medium=3
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Left Seater wrote:

When it's now the only home they know? That's being compassionate? You aren't this stupid.

Oh, wait...

See the linked quote from Screwy. He tried to make it sound like these people were kidnapped and held here against their will. He is trying to spin a narrative. I replied in kind calling out his crap.

You aren’t this stupid,

Oh wait...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:See the linked quote from Screwy. He tried to make it sound like these people were kidnapped and held here against their will. He is trying to spin a narrative. I replied in kind calling out his crap.
Well, if you're going to reply in kind, it is incumbent upon you to translate your sentences into Screwballese. If you're going to write it in proper English, you're just going to confuse the reader.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Goober McTuber wrote: Well, if you're going to reply in kind, it is incumbent upon you to translate your sentences into Screwballese. If you're going to write it in proper English, you're just going to confuse the reader.
Point taken and so noted.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

And BTW, just to be clear, I thought the Senate Democrats made a huge mistake. I'm sick of seeing political bullshit crammed into spending bills because their supporters fear that their positions can't stand up to scrutiny on their own. Same thing as earmarks.