Top 25 programs this decade

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheChief
Elwood

Re: Top 25 programs this decade

Post by TheChief »

campinfool wrote:I tried to keep up, but after reading a few Jon tirades made me skip to the end and post some irrevelent shit.
I laughed
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Jon, no matter how hard you try your still a retard
Might wanna edit next time...........RETARD.
You fucks remind me of UNLV fans back in the early 90's when they kept claiming they were still better than Duke after Duke punked their ass.
UNLV was better. Dook won on that day. It's called an upset. Like I attempted to explain to you before, dipshit, the better team does not ALWAYS win a game in any sport. The better team wins the MAJORITY of games against inferior teams. I'm really not sure why this concept is so difficult for you to comprehend. Actually, I'm really not surprised.
Explain to me again how Texas was not better than 05 USC when we not only beat them but did it in their own back yard?
You won by a fucking play, dipshit. Do you really think if you play USC 10 times, you win all 10? For crying out loud, tard, take off your fucking Shit Orange goggles and be just a little bit objective. I'm in denial? Over what? I fucking hate USC, dumbass. What the fuck would I be in denial over? I wanted Tejas to win that game, numbnuts.......
Not only would the Texas oline have man-handled the Miami dline but so would 95 Nebraska, and so did 02 Ohio State
Miami's 2001 d-line got manhandled by tOSU's O-line? They didn't even fucking play in 2001, dolt. And since you're referring to that 2002 game, how in the fuck did Miami's d-line get manhandled by tOSU's O-line? Did you even watch the game, idiot? tOSU couldn't run the ball for shit. Clarett had like 2 yards a carry and their leading rusher was Krenzel. tOSU scored 17 points in regulation. Clearly that was total domination of the Miami d-line. God damn you're fucking dumb.

I love how you throw out the "Texas O-line would manhandle Miami's". You're so god damn stupid I'm embarrassed for your mother.
You've had your head up blOwU fans ass for as long as I can remember.
What in the fuck are you talking about? Nice play here, Vito........"I'm getting my ass handed to me so I'll just make shit up". Dude, would you like me to link you to the 8,000 anti-Jason White posts I've made or the mocking I used to do of OU fans for their annoying circle jerks they used to have on these boards?? What a horrible take, Vito..........a truly horrible take.

Saying I have my head up OU fans ass? How you came to that conclusion baffles the shit out of my mind. Wow, dude.........you FAIL.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

TheJON wrote:UNLV was better. Dook won on that day. It's called an upset. Like I attempted to explain to you before, dipshit, the better team does not ALWAYS win a game in any sport. The better team wins the MAJORITY of games against inferior teams. I'm really not sure why this concept is so difficult for you to comprehend. Actually, I'm really not surprised.
someone else whom I'm not going to scroll up to see, but I think it's that homer Vito wrote:Explain to me again how Texas was not better than 05 USC when we not only beat them but did it in their own back yard?
TheJON wrote:You won by a fucking play, dipshit. Do you really think if you play USC 10 times, you win all 10? For crying out loud, tard, take off your fucking Shit Orange goggles and be just a little bit objective.
You are such a fucking dipshit. Read through the above again and if I have to explain it to you then you're not just a dipshit, but a profound dipshit.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Killian wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:so a bunch of haters says Texas is not #1 and couldn't beat Miami yet both BC and Vtech almost did, so why are they not mentioned as the best ever or even in the top 10 after all they almost beat the greatest team of all time. Not only would the Texas oline have man-handled the Miami dline but so would 95 Nebraska, and so did 02 Ohio State. Jon, no matter how hard you try your still a retard. You've had your head up blOwU fans ass for as long as I can remember.

Explain to me again how Texas was not better than 05 USC when we not only beat them but did it in their own back yard? You and van are in perpetual denial, you were both fucking retards back in 05 and are still fucking retards today.

You fucks remind me of UNLV fans back in the early 90's when they kept claiming they were still better than Duke after Duke punked their ass.

I'm still not sure why Jon is even talking, I didn't know we now let kids sit at the grown-up table. He needs to go back to the board bitch table with mtool
Vito, you can't be this dense. First off, if the 2005 Texas team is the best of the decade, why isn't the 2005 versions of OSU and Texas A&M listed? Texas struggled in both games, and was a dropped pass away from losing to OSU.

OSU 02 did not man handle Miami 01. Those were two totally different teams.

And yes, Vegas was a better team than Duke. And Russia was better in 1980 than the US in hockey. Upsets happen, which is why they are called upsets.

I wouldn't throw around that board bitch tag like you are, considering you are making a Suh like run at the award in this thread alone.
My point isn't that Texas is without a doubt the best team of the decade, it is that 2001 Miami isn't as clear cut #1 as Jon=Bitch seems to think it is. I would say that Texas 05 USC 04 and Miami 01 all have legit arguments as to why each can lay claim to #1.

I can look at all arguments and contend in every case, the fact that I contend that the Longhorns have a legit argument at being #1 this decade is very relevant because they did finish the season undefeated and that team put 21 guys into the NFL.

And no, UNLV was not better than Duke, since 3 of the top 4 players on the floor in that game were all from Duke. Grant Hill, Christian Laetner and Bobby Hurley. The only UNLV guy that breaks the top 4 is Larry Johnson who would be 3rd on that list with Stacy Augmon being #5.

USC 05 was a great team with lots and lots of offensive talent but really didn't have shit on defense. 04 USC had lots and lots of defense but it's offense wasn't nearly as good that year as the 05 offense was. So it balanced itself out.

The key to Miami 01 was Dorsey was a very average QB with lots of talent around him. Nor did they face a duel threat QB as dynamic as Vince Young so don't be too quick to say they would walk all over Texas. The Texas secondary had 2 thorpe award winners and 2 guys that would eventually play in pro bowls.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Greg Anthony and Augmon were both better than Hurley. Hell, Anderson Hunt may have been the better point guard in that game. Yes, Vegas was much better or there wouldn't still be arguments about if they threw that game.

I would wager that any problems Dorsey had with the secondary would be similar to the issues they would have caused Football Jesus with their linebackers.

If Texas took away Miami's passing game, they had cock loads of talent at RB. If Miami neutralized FJ, what would Texas do?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Papa Willie wrote:http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/rec ... by=Win+Pct

^^^^^ Though some teams had easier goes of it than others, you'd pretty much have to base everybody off of winning %. That's 1999-2008.

Best teams I've seen the last 10 seasons (My Top 10):

1. '01 Miami.
2. '04 USC
3. '08 Florida
4. '05 Texas
5. '03 LSU
6. '02 OSU
7. '06 Florida
8. '99 FSU
9. '00 OU
10. '07 LSU
The third best team this decade lost at home to Ole Miss? I dont think Florida would have beat USC last year and Utah beat Bama worse than the Gators did the next game when Bama had more time to prepare for the Utes.

1. 01 Miami
2. 04 USC
3. 05 Texas
4. 05 USC
5. 06 Florida
6. 03 USC/LSU
8. 02 Ohio St
9. 07 LSU
10. 08 Utah
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Killian wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:so a bunch of haters says Texas is not #1 and couldn't beat Miami yet both BC and Vtech almost did, so why are they not mentioned as the best ever or even in the top 10 after all they almost beat the greatest team of all time. Not only would the Texas oline have man-handled the Miami dline but so would 95 Nebraska, and so did 02 Ohio State. Jon, no matter how hard you try your still a retard. You've had your head up blOwU fans ass for as long as I can remember.

Explain to me again how Texas was not better than 05 USC when we not only beat them but did it in their own back yard? You and van are in perpetual denial, you were both fucking retards back in 05 and are still fucking retards today.

I'm still not sure why Jon is even talking, I didn't know we now let kids sit at the grown-up table. He needs to go back to the board bitch table with mtool
Vito, you can't be this dense. First off, if the 2005 Texas team is the best of the decade, why isn't the 2005 versions of OSU and Texas A&M listed? Texas struggled in both games, and was a dropped pass away from losing to OSU.

OSU 02 did not man handle Miami 01. Those were two totally different teams.

And yes, Vegas was a better team than Duke. And Russia was better in 1980 than the US in hockey. Upsets happen, which is why they are called upsets.

I wouldn't throw around that board bitch tag like you are, considering you are making a Suh like run at the award in this thread alone.
My point isn't that Texas is without a doubt the best team of the decade, it is that 2001 Miami isn't as clear cut #1 as Jon=Bitch seems to think it is. I would say that Texas 05 USC 04 and Miami 01 all have legit arguments as to why each can lay claim to #1.

I can look at all arguments and contend in every case, the fact that I contend that the Longhorns have a legit argument at being #1 this decade is very relevant because they did finish the season undefeated and that team put 21 guys into the NFL.

And no, UNLV was not better than Duke, since 3 of the top 4 players on the floor in that game were all from Duke. Grant Hill, Christian Laetner and Bobby Hurley. The only UNLV guy that breaks the top 4 is Larry Johnson who would be 3rd on that list with Stacy Augmon being #5.

USC 05 was a great team with lots and lots of offensive talent but really didn't have shit on defense. 04 USC had lots and lots of defense but it's offense wasn't nearly as good that year as the 05 offense was. So it balanced itself out.

The key to Miami 01 was Dorsey was a very average QB with lots of talent around him. Nor did they face a duel threat QB as dynamic as Vince Young so don't be too quick to say they would walk all over Texas. The Texas secondary had 2 thorpe award winners and 2 guys that would eventually play in pro bowls.
You... are... a... moron. Miami was clearly the best team of the decade. Not even a question about it. It's not just Jon saying this... it's the majority of the posters. Not just the overall numbers of players just put in the NFL but nine future pro bowlers on that team.
Killian wrote:Greg Anthony and Augmon were both better than Hurley. Hell, Anderson Hunt may have been the better point guard in that game. Yes, Vegas was much better or there wouldn't still be arguments about if they threw that game.

I would wager that any problems Dorsey had with the secondary would be similar to the issues they would have caused Football Jesus with their linebackers.

If Texas took away Miami's passing game, they had cock loads of talent at RB. If Miami neutralized FJ, what would Texas do?
I'm glad you said something because I about spit milk on my screen when I read that shit... Hurley wasn't even one of the top seven players on the court much less in the top 4. All but two players on that UNLV played pro ball in some capacity whether it was in the NBA, CBA, or Europe. And this was before the NBA had expanded again.

Vito should be sterilized so his genes don't enter our species pool, before it's too late.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Killian wrote:Heh, too bad you weren't around to witness his "Vince Young will transform the NFL the same way Jordan did the NBA" takes.
Radio has done a bang up job just fighting to be the starter at Tennessee. :lol:
I'm starting to believe in him as a legit NFL player. Dude's making plays.
I don't what I was thinking... bot he sure is proving me wrong tonight. 8) :D
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Papa Willie wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/rec ... by=Win+Pct

^^^^^ Though some teams had easier goes of it than others, you'd pretty much have to base everybody off of winning %. That's 1999-2008.

Best teams I've seen the last 10 seasons (My Top 10):

1. '01 Miami.
2. '04 USC
3. '08 Florida
4. '05 Texas
5. '03 LSU
6. '02 OSU
7. '06 Florida
8. '99 FSU
9. '00 OU
10. '07 LSU
The third best team this decade lost at home to Ole Miss? I dont think Florida would have beat USC last year and Utah beat Bama worse than the Gators did the next game when Bama had more time to prepare for the Utes.

1. 01 Miami
2. 04 USC
3. 05 Texas
4. 05 USC
5. 06 Florida
6. 03 USC/LSU
8. 02 Ohio St
9. 07 LSU
10. 08 Utah
Yeah? What about it? That same Ole Miss team went on to beat the living shit out of a very good Texas Tech team in a bowl. That same Ole Miss team would have easily been a number 2 team in your shit conference. Btw - how are those bowl games going for the Pac 10 so far, Cunt Toast?

Yeah - that's what I thought you'd say.

'08 Florida would have probably beaten '04 USC, cockinyourbutteredass faggot. Oh wait - how'd your team do this year, faggot?

I'd tell you Merry Christmas, but Jesus would come down and kick my ass for not pissing on you and your family, so I hope your Christmas sucked, fag.
Howd your team do? why do you constantly hang from the nuts of other teams? Thats right, youre an allbarn fan and those fucking pussies have never been shit and never will be shit. Just because Ole Miss plunger raped the fighting pussies of allbarn and beat tebows crying like a little fat girl ass doesnt mean they would have done shit in the Pac, theyd play a roadie in Pullman and shit in their pants when it was 18 degrees out there, kind of like allbarn would have if they had the balls to play the back end of the home and home with washington state instead of pussying out, but fans like you are used to pussying out, been a war chicken trademark for years, hell the south has been full of pussies for over 150 years now. want to buy a confederate rifle, never fired, only dropped once, They cant even find a confederate uniform with a bullet in the front, being a gutless cunt is tradition down there, isnt it?
Any of your kids even alive the last time allbarn won a road game out of conference? Im sure theyll grow up to be pussies just like dad and with dads homophobic ways, I wouldnt be surprised if your kids are gay by the time theyre 10, but that will likely make daddy happy that his kids had the guts to come out of the closet dad is still hiding in.

Jesus is the name of the spic that mows my lawn

Heathens greetings, douche bag
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote: hell the south has been full of pussies for over 150 years now. want to buy a confederate rifle, never fired, only dropped once, They cant even find a confederate uniform with a bullet in the front, being a gutless cunt is tradition down there, isnt it?

Dude you're fucking idiot... more Confederate soldiers killed Union Soldiers at 1 to 3.23 pace during the Civil War. More Union regiments surrendered than Southern by far. The South lost the Civil War for three main reasons... 1) the northern infrastructure for producing goods, 2) the northern population dwarfing the southern, and 3) General Lee's mistake in giving into the Confederate Congresses insistence that the Southern Army go on the offensive to attempt to end the war. Even with the supreme first two advantages the South was running roughshod through the Union Army while they remained in a defensive posture and fighting battles on the ground of their choosing. Almost to a man the southern officers were much better trained, experienced, and tactically superior. The average Confederate soldier was also much better trained and very superior in firing accuracy.

P.S. Auburn was founded by a Pastor who was against succession.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote: hell the south has been full of pussies for over 150 years now. want to buy a confederate rifle, never fired, only dropped once, They cant even find a confederate uniform with a bullet in the front, being a gutless cunt is tradition down there, isnt it?

Dude you're fucking idiot... more Confederate soldiers killed Union Soldiers at 1 to 3.23 pace during the Civil War. More Union regiments surrendered than Southern by far. The South lost the Civil War for three main reasons... 1) the northern infrastructure for producing goods, 2) the northern population dwarfing the southern, and 3) General Lee's mistake in giving into the Confederate Congresses insistence that the Southern Army go on the offensive to attempt to end the war. Even with the supreme first two advantages the South was running roughshod through the Union Army while they remained in a defensive posture and fighting battles on the ground of their choosing. Almost to a man the southern officers were much better trained, experienced, and tactically superior. The average Confederate soldier was also much better trained and very superior in firing accuracy.

Rack this knowledge based post. Some people are just fucking stupid, and seeing them being strummed is well worth the read.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

PrimeX wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

Rack this knowledge based post. Some people are just fucking stupid, and seeing them being strummed is well worth the read.
It just amazes me what idiots post sometimes. The Union drew the top echelon officers from one major breeding ground, West Point. The Military was a virtual way of life culturally in the southern states; not only did they draw from their officers who had attended West Point but also from institutes dedicated to military tactics: The Citadel, The Virginia Military Institute, The Georgia Military College, Arkansas Military Academy, Southern Military Institute, Fleetwood Academy of War, and Texas Military College. Southern Military men had vastly larger numbers of professionally trained military men for the active military immediately entering the conflict but also for their state militias. In the confederate Army not only was it almost a foregone conclusion that your commanding officer had some form of higher military training but their non-commissioned officers as well. In contrast to the Union who was throwing every Tom, Dick, and Harry who had a political connection that a Governor could commission being immediately tossed into the fray at ranks as high as a full bird colonel.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

TheJON wrote:
10 worst coaches of this decade........

1.Ron Zook (Florida, Illinois)
2.Jerry Retardo (LSU, Indiana)
3.Bobby Williams (Michigan State)
4.Steve Kragthorpe (Louisville, Tulsa)
5.Buddy Teevens (Stanford)
6.Greg Robinson (Syracuse)
7.Ty Willingham (Notre Dame, Washington)
8.Tim Brewster (Minnesota)
9.John Mackovic (Arizona)
10.Charlie Weiss (Notre Dame)
Any list of worst coaches that doesn't include me has no credibility at all...

Karl Dorrell.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

You're so god damn stupid I'm embarrassed for your mother.
:lol:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

fuckin' spray..i swear to God when i think ive read it all i read cunt toast? Bwaaaha

and rack the civil war reset.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

Nice job, youre now the M2 of the civil war, the south fucking lost and those pussies have been losers ever since. And much like Southern Football teams, as soon as they went on the road and played outside of the south, they got their asses handed to them.
Killian

Post by Killian »

No, you're just a clueless fuck.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote: And much like Southern Football teams, as soon as they went on the road and played outside of the south, they got their asses handed to them.
Really, once again you're a fucking idiot...

Ever heard of the battle of Antietam? The bloodiest single day in American battle history? Occurred outside of Sharpsburg, Maryland where Confederate forces killed over 13,000 Union troops and wounded another 10,000.

Battle of Carthage where a bunch of Arkansas and pro-confederate Missouri Militia wiped the field with the Union 2nd Infantry and if not for a rear guard action and the quick retreat over thirty miles in one night while losing its supply train towards Kansas would have been completely destroyed.

How about the Battle of Wilson's Creek where, once again, a bunch of Confederate militia from Arkansas and Missouri wiped the field with the Union "Army of the West"? At dawn Missouri militia feinted entrenching at the top of a low lying ridge overlooked by a hill and invited a Union attack. When the idiot commanding officers of "The Western Army" obliged the Missouri militia fell back allowing the Pulaski Artillery regiment to open fire from above. The Arkansas Militia and Missouri State Guard counter attacked in a pincer movement... By 9:30am 1/4 of "The Western Army" had been killed or mortally wounded.

The Battle of Chusto? Near the Oklahoma/Kansas/Missouri border in less than 20 minutes of fighting the Confederate troops were able to kill over 215 Union soldiers while only losing 6 men and three wounded.

The Battle of Vale Verde in Arizona where a Confederate force from Texas who was outnumbered three to one by Union forces from Fort Craig were able to kill or capture over 600 Union soldiers (almost as many men as the Confederate forces had themselves) and capture the entire artillery arsenal stationed there as well.

The Battle of Independence where Confederate Soldiers not only took the Union to task but took control of their camp leaving the field with virtually all of the Union's supplies and ammunition. The Union lost 344 soldiers that afternoon... the Confederacy lost 16.

Or the Battle of Sheppardstown near the Maryland/West Virginia border where two CSA brigades charged a whole two Union divisions. Outnumbering the Confederacy nearly ten to one the vast majority of Union soldiers fled the field; three dozen Union soldiers drowned in their hast to make their way across a near by dam. The 118th Pennsylvania was the only Union portion of the division to hold it's ground and was decimated, reporting 269 casualties and over 150 men captured. The obvious bravery of the Union Army compared to the Confederate in action for you right there.

There are about 40 other Confederate victories in the north I could cite for you but those are amongst the funniest pertaining to your point. All of those battles took ground on Union controlled soil..

Killian said it best...
Killian wrote:No, you're just a clueless fuck.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

West Virginia is as backwoods assed southern as alabama, if they say shit like "y'all", theyre inbred southern pussies.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:West Virginia is as backwoods assed southern as alabama, if they say shit like "y'all", theyre inbred southern pussies.
Too bad for you that the actual soldiers were from Pennsylvania, New York, Maine, and Connecticut for the most part. A brain trust you are not.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Killian wrote:Greg Anthony and Augmon were both better than Hurley. Hell, Anderson Hunt may have been the better point guard in that game. Yes, Vegas was much better or there wouldn't still be arguments about if they threw that game.

FJ was #2 in the country in passing efficiency so I guess he passes the ball, but if you are saying what happens if they take away both the passing and running ability of Vince, they he hands off to either Selvin Young, or Jamal Charles, two very fast and excellent backs. Both are NFL starters or have been at some point in their careers. Or maybe he hands off to Romonce (That's not my 2 lbs of pot in my bag) Taylor. Or he passes to our TE David Thomas who was one of the best TE to ever play for Texas.

Neither Greg Anthony nor Augmon was better than Hurley, Hurley was an absolute monster in college. Had he not had the cronic shoulder and knee issues he would have been a very solid pro in the mold of Stockton or Nash.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

SoCalTrjn wrote:West Virginia is as backwoods assed southern as alabama, if they say shit like "y'all", theyre inbred southern pussies.
That's all you have after being weB raped with actual facts on a message board, AGAIN?

Not shocking at all.

RACK SCS once more. Love the history buffs who know what they speak, even if they be OU fan.

Truly enjoyable reading SCS.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Vito, I'll give you this; your myopia knows no bounds. Miami had more talent at TE, WR and RB. Add in their defense and yes, Miami is the better team.

So if Hurley didn't face fuck his truck window, he would have set the career assist record or been a two time NBA MVP? Jesus Christ. Latener made Hurley. Once he was gone, Bobby couldn't get them to the sweet 16 after he got face raped by Jason Kidd. The next year, Hill got Duke to the finals as their PG. Hurley was like every other Duke point guard. Overrated as fuck.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Killian wrote:Vito, I'll give you this; your myopia knows no bounds. Miami had more talent at TE, WR and RB. Add in their defense and yes, Miami is the better team.

So if Hurley didn't face fuck his truck window, he would have set the career assist record or been a two time NBA MVP? Jesus Christ. Latener made Hurley. Once he was gone, Bobby couldn't get them to the sweet 16 after he got face raped by Jason Kidd. The next year, Hill got Duke to the finals as their PG. Hurley was like every other Duke point guard. Overrated as fuck.
And USC 04 wasn't over the top talented at WR TE and RB? Come on, there is a reason the ESPN idiots kept telling us they were the greatest team of all time. And no, the USC offense was better than the Miami 01 offense. Two Heisman winners, the baddest oline I have seen since the Nebraska lines of the mid-90's. and lots and lots of NFL talent receivers and TE.

Texas had 6 DBs on the 05 team that are all now in the NFL and doing very well, about the only one that struggled was Michael Huff. Two went on to win the Thorpe award and Michael Griffith is a pro bowl safety. Yea I will put that secondary against anything 01 miami had to offer at TE and WR.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
PrimeX wrote:
That's all you have after being weB raped with actual facts on a message board, AGAIN?

Not shocking at all.

RACK SCS once more. Love the history buffs who know what they speak, even if they be OU fan.

Truly enjoyable reading SCS.

Agreed again. SoCalFagjam just digs himself deeper with each post. I'd like to see how long he would even live down here with his current attitude. I'm sure within 2 hours of his arrival, one of us inbred southerners would have his/her entire arm thrusted up his vagina and would be using him as a baseball bat......

Note to self: don't ever fuck with SCS about the Civil War. :D
My father has three masters degrees and two doctorates (Juris Doctorate and Qualitative Methods and the Study of American Civil War). He has been a military instructor at two different postings after he got out of special forces. His first was teaching a military Law class at UT-Austin, his second was teaching Civil War tactics at the United States Army War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Civil War history was ingrained in my life from a very early age. I grew up reading about the Civil War almost like they were bed time stories...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Okay, what's say we pit SCS against mvscal in an MTV style, Civil War Trivia Death Match.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

I'll take the North, and give the South 20 points.
What were we just talking about?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:I'll take the North, and give the South 20 points.

Lmao... you'd probably be correct. The South was destined to lose given the circumstances unless the British would have eventually intervened; which they most likely wouldn't have with the financial power base of the region being in New York. The industrial might of the north just had no comparison in the south who was dependent on it's trade in raw goods. The best the south could have hoped for was dragging the war out another six to seven years (much like the American forces did in the Revolution) and grinding it to a standstill. Unfortunately too many politicians in the Confederate Congress did not understand this or at least didn't accept it and continually pressured General Lee to make offensive moves that they hoped would end the war sooner so that they could begin to profit from trade again. Lee understood this for the most part. Both placating to the CSA congress and being able to defend the western Confederate States such as Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, and most of Tennessee was completely unrealistic with the population differences. Soldiers were a much more precious commodity for the south than the north which had a much larger population and an almost endless and continual supply of immigrants willing to take up arms for citizenship. The fact that Lee and subordinate officers were able to last more than two years given the circumstances and expectations is a testament in and of itself to the superior training and tactics they possessed at all levels of soldiering in the conflict.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Yeah, but if Tuco and Blondie had blown up that bridge sooner...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

SunCoastSooner wrote: How about the Battle of Wilson's Creek where, once again, a bunch of Confederate militia from Arkansas and Missouri wiped the field with the Union "Army of the West"?
If I'm not mistaken, that battle occured in current day Springfield, Missouri. One of the main drags thru a town of 100,000 is named "Battlefield Road".
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

War Wagon wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: How about the Battle of Wilson's Creek where, once again, a bunch of Confederate militia from Arkansas and Missouri wiped the field with the Union "Army of the West"?
If I'm not mistaken, that battle occured in current day Springfield, Missouri. One of the main drags thru a town of 100,000 is named "Battlefield Road".
It may be present day Springfield with Urban sprawl and all. At the time it took place outside of Springfield. The Union Army had camped at Springfield and were afraid that the militia were preparing the ground for a Confederate siege of the town after having been drilling just outside of St. Louis and the Union commanding officer in the state thought they might make a move on the St. Louis Arsenal. A series of battles then commenced that included the Carthage affair I noted as well leading into the battle of Wilson's Creek after the Union forces in the area had recombined to form "The Army of the West".
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

05 texas would have worked the union army. best evar!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

SunCoastSooner wrote: Ever heard of the battle of Antietam? The bloodiest single day in American battle history? Occurred outside of Sharpsburg, Maryland where Confederate forces killed over 13,000 Union troops and wounded another 10,000.
third down conversions of 10 yards or more while throwing into the wind.

Battle of Carthage where a bunch of Arkansas and pro-confederate Missouri Militia wiped the field with the Union 2nd Infantry and if not for a rear guard action and the quick retreat over thirty miles in one night while losing its supply train towards Kansas would have been completely destroyed.
holding calls refs won't call against SC.

How about the Battle of Wilson's Creek where, once again, a bunch of Confederate militia from Arkansas and Missouri wiped the field with the Union "Army of the West"? At dawn Missouri militia feinted entrenching at the top of a low lying ridge overlooked by a hill and invited a Union attack. When the idiot commanding officers of "The Western Army" obliged the Missouri militia fell back allowing the Pulaski Artillery regiment to open fire from above. The Arkansas Militia and Missouri State Guard counter attacked in a pincer movement... By 9:30am 1/4 of "The Western Army" had been killed or mortally wounded.
outscoring your opponent by 10 after being down 35.

The Battle of Chusto? Near the Oklahoma/Kansas/Missouri border in less than 20 minutes of fighting the Confederate troops were able to kill over 215 Union soldiers while only losing 6 men and three wounded.
total punt return yards [uh, the other team didn't punt?].

The Battle of Vale Verde in Arizona where a Confederate force from Texas who was outnumbered three to one by Union forces from Fort Craig were able to kill or capture over 600 Union soldiers (almost as many men as the Confederate forces had themselves) and capture the entire artillery arsenal stationed there as well.
2nd down receiving yards during a 4:36 stretch of the 3rd quarter

The Battle of Independence where Confederate Soldiers not only took the Union to task but took control of their camp leaving the field with virtually all of the Union's supplies and ammunition. The Union lost 344 soldiers that afternoon... the Confederacy lost 16.
three rushing tds we would have been given had 'getting tackled' been a reviewable infraction.

Or the Battle of Sheppardstown near the Maryland/West Virginia border where two CSA brigades charged a whole two Union divisions. Outnumbering the Confederacy nearly ten to one the vast majority of Union soldiers fled the field; three dozen Union soldiers drowned in their hast to make their way across a near by dam. The 118th Pennsylvania was the only Union portion of the division to hold it's ground and was decimated, reporting 269 casualties and over 150 men captured. The obvious bravery of the Union Army compared to the Confederate in action for you right there.
points of theirs that don't count because those cheaters used backup qbs to "signal" in plays.

There are about 40 other Confederate victories in the north I could cite for you but those are amongst the funniest pertaining to your point. All of those battles took ground on Union controlled soil..
we scored more points than you on the days we didn't play.

.m2 said it best...
Killian wrote:The Confederacy is the best one-loss team in the country.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I laughed screw. The Confederacy lost because of issues other than the military.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

the only thing I want to know from papa is what the hell is that avatar all about? Is it fantasy or did you suck shattner's weewee?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

sorry A_B, engaging ol' willie in overly erotic homo smack isn't going to go well for you. he'll run you around that coliseum.