Did the refs give the game to the Steelers?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:The thing that gets me about the Burger TD was the side judge or line judge or whichver judge calling it a TD when he at first was running over to spot it short. What was that about?
It was because he didn't see it cross the goaline and was going to spot it till he saw that Ben had put the ball past the goalline.

I still think the Steelers score by giving it to Bettis if they mark it instead of giving the TD so fuck the ref for now allowing Bettis a shot at a TD. He might have gotten the mvp.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Ben got the ball to cross the plane. If he didn't, then there was nothing conclusive to say he didn't.

Also...if he didn't, the ball gets spotted at the 1 cm line. The Steelers pound it in on the next down, or maybe they don't...then Hasslebeck has to take a possession on the 1 cm line.

Put a sock in it, pussies.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

PSUFAN wrote:Ben got the ball to cross the plane. If he didn't, then there was nothing conclusive to say he didn't.

Also...if he didn't, the ball gets spotted at the 1 cm line. The Steelers pound it in on the next down, or maybe they don't...then Hasslebeck has to take a possession on the 1 cm line.

Put a sock in it, pussies.
This Super Bowl will always be tainted! No longer will it be known and "One for the Thumb!", instead it will be "One for the dumb!"

And... what's with the Steelers still using the name steelers? They haven't made steel in that shit hole city for years! Even Hibbing, Minnesota makes more steel than that chowd town. At least the Packers still know what a box is for! :lol:
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You have a penis in your avatar. That's really all that has to be said in response.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
UCant Unretires Again

Post by UCant Unretires Again »

PSUFAN wrote:Ben got the ball to cross the plane. If he didn't, then there was nothing conclusive to say he didn't.
You sound about as sure as that TD as BitchSmacked does his heterosexuality.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Hey - it was close. I was saying that I thought he didn't get in. I wanted them to pound it in with Bettis. We both know they would have done so on the next down.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

bsmack: The ref was spotting the ball and then changed mid-stream???? Weird.

And a picture from BEHIND the play is fucking stupid. Ever hear of angles?
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

T REX wrote:bsmack: The ref was spotting the ball and then changed mid-stream???? Weird.

Ever take a second to process sensory data and then come to a conclusion?

Never mind, I've read your posts.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

BSmack wrote:
T REX wrote:bsmack: The ref was spotting the ball and then changed mid-stream???? Weird.

Ever take a second to process sensory data and then come to a conclusion?

Never mind, I've read your posts.
Huh? I would like to know how it seems you are the only person that can tell if a ball crossed a line from behind. Usually we have those people posted on the sides. Usually a pic from either side is used. Unless you have the greatest depth perception in the history of the world trying to make an assumption from an angle BEHIND the imaginary target line IS FUCKING STUPID and nearly impossible.

Yeah.....sure you can tell that the tip of the football crossed from taht angle. Must be those Steeler x-ray glasses. Fucking tard.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

T REX wrote:Huh? I would like to know how it seems you are the only person that can tell if a ball crossed a line from behind.
I don't need that picture any more. Watch ESPN News. In about 20 minutes they will show a good slow motion shot of the tip of the ball toutching the plane of the goal line. That was a TD, end of fucking story.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

BSmack wrote:
T REX wrote:Huh? I would like to know how it seems you are the only person that can tell if a ball crossed a line from behind.
I don't need that picture any more. Watch ESPN News. In about 20 minutes they will show a good slow motion shot of the tip of the ball toutching the plane of the goal line. That was a TD, end of fucking story.
Link :?:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

frodo_biguns wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Link :?:
It's on your fucking TELEVISION. The station is called ESPN NEWS.

Certainly a well paid web page designer like yourself ought to have access to ESPN News.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

PSUFAN wrote:Hey - it was close. I was saying that I thought he didn't get in. I wanted them to pound it in with Bettis. We both know they would have done so on the next down.
Yeah, because we all know there's no way Bettis could ever fumble the ball at the 1 yard line, could he...
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

No the refs didn't give the game to the Steelers.

Usually, teams with a defense like the Steelers will get calls in their favor because the only way the opposing O-Line can keep them from the QB is by holding. That gets called when the ref is standing there watching it.

Missed field goals, "gave" the game to the Steelers as well as dropped passes.

As Super Bowls go, it was a close game that could have went either way. Sloppy looking football but nevertheless exciting, unless of course the alternative entertainment is what Raider James was getting, then it's a no brainer.

Steelers got lucky, team of destiny and all that. A team of destiny that made it to the Super Bowl and eventually won it, because they did not let the standard "bad calls", "bad non-calls", and referees get in their way. Seattle did. They missed opportunities and did not overcome the adversity that faced them. P'Burgh did.

I would have been happy if either team won. Strong for Seattle and Bettis for P'Burgh are both compelling stories and it was nice, as a fan of the game, to see one of them walk away from a hard earned career, hard worked career with a ring.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

PSUFAN wrote:You have a penis in your avatar. That's really all that has to be said in response.
It was much easier to google up a picture of a “dickhead” than it was a “gibbering dumbfuck”.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Deckard
Crack Whore

Post by Deckard »

Hanson's razor: Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence. Football is a game of momentum and obviously a bad call can impact on a team, the really good teams can overcome and retain momentum. No doubt the Seahawks fell victim to some bad calls its too bad they couldn't overcome them ( like the steelers did vs. the colts). I can't see the refs poor calls being part of an organized effort by the NFL to enable Jeromes last bus stop speech but I can see how Seattle fan could be extremely bitter over this one
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

Good gawd, look at all the whiners...down by 4 and Hasselbald throws a TERRIBLE pass that gets intercepted. That was their shot, tough shit it didn't work out.... See ya next year.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.