USC's schedule with the latest polls

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

SoCalTrjn wrote:you fluff a conf record by playing Vandy, Miss St, Ole Miss, Kentucky + OOC foes the Citadel, Louisiana Monroe and Georgia Southern.
We play four teams ranked in the top 14. How many do you play? I'm sorry......none? Zero? Nada? Thanks for playing.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

T REX wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:you fluff a conf record by playing Vandy, Miss St, Ole Miss, Kentucky + OOC foes the Citadel, Louisiana Monroe and Georgia Southern.
We play four teams ranked in the top 14. How many do you play? I'm sorry......none? Zero? Nada? Thanks for playing.

"We"?
so you actually play for the team? or youre a coach? if youre saying "We" you must actually get on team charters and buses with the team as well.

If not its not "We" its "they" or "Florida"
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
T REX wrote:

"We"?
so you actually play for the team? or youre a coach? if youre saying "We" you must actually get on team charters and buses with the team as well.

Says who? I went there. I'm a Gator! Are you a Trojan or a wannabe? I may not be a Tampa Bay Buc but I sure as hell am a Gator. I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Go play elsewhere.

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Interesting you stop at 14...why? If you go to 15 then Cal comes into the picture...based on FINAL 2004 rankings after bowls

that would give FLA 4 of 15

SC 1 of 15

if you look at it this way 4 of 14 comes to 28.5% of the top 14 FLA has played and lost to...

the other way 4 of 15 is 26.6% of the top 15 FLA has played and lost to...

but then SC gets credit for 1 of 15 or 6.6%...

just sayin...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Interesting you stop at 14...why? If you go to 15 then Cal comes into the picture...based on FINAL 2004 rankings after bowls

SC 1 of 15

if you look at it this way 4 of 14 comes to 28.5% of the top 14 FLA has played and lost to...

just sayin...
Last year? Cal lost there QB and returns 3 starters on defense, that's it.

It's not intersting when you realize I am using the latest polls. That is the only hard data available right now without making conjectures. There is always movement from preseason polls but I think looking at USCs schedule its not like anyone is flying under the radar. Played and lost to? Man, you never stop....you're like a little kid. What does Florida have to do with USC's schedule? Why don't you answer that?

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

T REX wrote: Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:32 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

buckeye_in_sc wrote:
Interesting you stop at 14...why? If you go to 15 then Cal comes into the picture...based on FINAL 2004 rankings after bowls

SC 1 of 15

just sayin...

Last year? Cal lost there QB and returns 3 starters on defense, that's it.

It's not intersting when you realize I am using the latest polls. That is the only hard data available right now without making conjectures. There is always movement from preseason polls but I think looking at USCs schedule its not like anyone is flying under the radar. Played and lost to? Man, you never stop....you're like a little kid. What does Florida have to do with USC's schedule? Why don't you answer that?

wait conjecture...that is all FUCKING PRESEASON Polls are dumbass. That is why I went to the Final 2004 Polls. That was based on how a team performed last year. There have been no games played yet in 2005 regular season so at this point the polls are fucking meaningless. If that were the case Big 10 fan, SEC fan and Big 12 fan and ACC fan could be out here beating their fucking chests about their conferences. But none other than you are doing that. Because we all FUCKING realize preseason polls don't mean shit. Remember it's not how you start it is how you finish. SO what if Cal does happen to perform well and say ASU and Oregon rise up in the top 15-20 toward the end of the year and in the final poll...that is more of a measure of how the schedule played out rather than using a preseason poll to BASE all of your fucking arguments on.

Ok turn the table a little bit...what if Georgia and Tenn absolutely suck this year? Then what? Your theory gets blown to bits.

Look this argument is getting tired. The truest test would be for the AD at FLA to call up the AD at SC and schedule a game. Until then I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to (oops a few good men reset)...so until FLA travels out of state for an OOC game against some stiffer competition well then there you have it.

Fact is you stopped at 14 for a reason. The reason being it only supported your side of the argument. Why didn't you examine the whole top 25? Well SC plays 3 teams with an average rank of say 20 based on where they are now (using your logic). But again as wel all know (except you) things change mightly from preseason to during season to post season.

In looking at SC's schedule I really don't see a huge problem with it...let's examine shall we

Arkansas - beat Texas a couple of years ago. Made the SEC championship game what 3 years ago. Just because they went 6-6 last year doesn't mean they are dog shit. How can you sit here today and reasonably assume that they will suck and thus not get into the top 25? Oh I forgot you are just a lemming that follows whatever the pollsters feed you.

Arizona State - have the talent to be a top 15 team. They won their bowl game last year and return some very good ball players. They beat Iowa in 02 I believe and won their bowl game last year I do believe. Again they could turn out to be much better than the 19 average ranking they have right now.

Notre Dame - They could turn out to be much better than people give them credit for or worse. What happens if ND comes out and beats scUM and vaults into the top 15?

Oregon - Again another team with some talent and could be better than advertised. Some pretty good skill players and the past couple of years they have been down. But Bellotti has put together a couple solid recruiting classes and things could be on the rise for them.

Fresno State - No one wants to play them for the simple fact that they scare the shit out of people. They always play tough and give people fits.

So you see instead of reading just biased SEC fishwraps that tell you SC is garbage look at the bigger picture for a moment. Look I could give two shits about SC. All I care is that tOSU is in the Rose on Jan 4th, but to do that they have to beat 3 FUCKING teams in the top 10 in most polls and 2 in the FUCKING top 5...you want to break that down for me? As many have said SC has beaten everyone brought before them...again since you are a well heeled FLA alum why don't you dial up Foley and have him bring SC into the mud pit or whatever you call that field of yours and watch SC lay an ass beating on your beloved Gators that they have never seen before save for when Nebraska stuck it to the Gators.

You want to pick on SC only but you don't give your SEC brethern any shit...how about Georgia playing Georgia Southern a few times over the years? How about Tenn playing Middle Tenn State and other non con cream puffs. How about your beloved Gators warming up with FIU, FLA Atlantic, Midd Tenn State, and a host of mid-majors and I-AA teams over the years. and before you go shoving your whole leg in your piehole answer me this batman...

tOSU has to play Miami of Oh, Texas, and SDSU non con. Miami of Oh could scare the shit out of you or not, Texas is a known power and SDSU gave Michigan all they could handle last year. What do you have to say about that.

What do you have to say about in 09 we (yes I am an alum) will be playing SC and Miami of FLA non con. Break that down for me oh swami...

oh and to answer your question...FLA would go 8-4 with SC's schedule, maybe 9-3 with SC's schedule.

Who is going to run the ball for FLA? Wynn has been in the Doghouse. What about your defense? You lost a lot of talent and the gimmick offense still has not been tested against the speed of the SEC and or the rigors of getting up for more than one game a year (out at Utah)...so there you have my take on what FLA would do with SC's schedule and yes it has a lot to do with how FLA has performed over the last 3-5 years...SOS last year FLA was 10-2, after that you had a string of mediocre seasons with bowl losses and losses in games FLA should have never lost - see Miss State last year. So based on those facts I say 8-4 at best 9-3.
SEC Ballsucking Homer
Meatgrinders 'R Us

Post by SEC Ballsucking Homer »

SoCalTrjn wrote:SEC football is the best and no one else knows how to play the game, no matter what evidence there is of other teams being better.

^^^ Gets it! ^^^

Keep up the good fight, T-Bro.
There is no other conference.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

T REX wrote: T, just wondering, what is wrong with this thread? Do you think USC playing only 2 team in the top 25(none in the top 15) is a little weak? What is wrong with pointing it out?
Its based on preseason polls. Which dont mean shit. Hey guess what Chris Rix was preseason heisman last year and the year before what happen there.

If it rolls around before bowl selection that they have only played two in the top 25 and none in the top 15 then you would be on to something.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

T REX wrote:
It's not intersting when you realize I am using the latest polls. That is the only hard data available right now without making conjectures.

You are suggesting that using pre-season polls qualifies as "hard" data.

That dot in the distance behind you is m2......

:roll:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

T-Rex, it's better that SC doesn't play many ranked teams (even though your thread gives too much credit to preseason rankings) . . .

If they played any higher ranked teams they'd just beat'em 55-19. Boring. They lower ranked teams have a better chance to make it interesting. :wink:
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:

So you see instead of reading just biased SEC fishwraps that tell you SC is garbage look at the bigger picture for a moment.
Every fishwrap in every corner of the universe has USC #1. I don't think anyone disagrees, even me, especially with the return of Leinert and Bush. I never said they sucked, I never said they didn't deserve to number one. I said their schedule is weak. BTH, a complete outsider actually saw through the hatred of me and got what I was saying. USC is number one, their schedule is less than desired. That's all I am saying. What does any of that have to do with UF or the SEC? It doesn't. It just gives you a reason to insult me further. Unfortunately, I have been here before......same old, same old. You guys have the same tired tune. No new tricks. No new insults.

I was just trying to have a discussion. Can you do that without using tard or urban smack?

Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

The Seer wrote:That dot in the distance behind you is m2......

:roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I promise to not use tard smack if you don't use in your big 12 sucks thread that will be getting fired up here soon...in response to your question about having a discussion I'll be filing that away for when you do fire up that big 12 sucks thread and start throwing around stupid shit...mr. pot meet mr kettle meet mr. black

ok so onto the discussion...

I just read my recent issue of SI and they had SC as one of the teams with the best OOC schedule. of course that is one opinion, but when was the last time FLA went on the road for an OOC game ala SC is this year, Texas is this year, etc?

their schedule is weak? but again you are basing it purely on the preason polls. those are about as reliable as the exit polling on election day and we know how that turned out. tell me why do you base your argument SOLEY on those polls? Do you not feel Arkansas, ND, ASU, etc could be better than advertised moreso based on watching them over the last year or so and not just based on what number is assigned them in a newspaper...until you answer my question (which has been posed to you at least 3 times regarding your logic based purely on preseason polls)...answer that before you respond with quit calling me names smack...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

simple....its all we have right now in front of us to use. like it or not, they are polls. even preseason polls are still polls. hell, remember purdue? they fell out after going to like 5. you can't and won't until jan . but isn't that what fun college football talk is about? its not like i cam ein herew screaming that usc sucks....i didn't. i am just saying that their schedule looks weak. so far, instead of anyone talking about the topic I get 'the sec sucks' or 'trix you suck' or urbanm-cum-guzzler.....thats my fav. i guess i just do not fit in here anymore......so be it

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

"We"?

Oh spare me schmuck. If anyone's guilty of being on the "WE" bandwagon, look no further than SC fan. Go to wearesc.com and read a post or two. those asshats actually think they do play. It happens at every school, for every team in every sport. I've never used it but there are those that live vicariously through a team they have no affiliation with except they buy the gear or went to school there. Your fans are just as guilty as any others so why not bash them while you're at it?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

No Trex you just have a history of drive byes with not a lot of substance so how do you think people are going to react?

yes preseason polls are all we have right now, but you also have last years final poll and bowl performance, etc. Again in reading the current issue of SI they actually think SC has a pretty good OOC schedule. While it might not be ripe with highly ranked teams it still has teams that could jump up and bite you...

ask Texas about Arkansas
ask Tenn about ND last year

again for discussion...why are you putting so much faith in the preseason polls? Personally while they are useful to talk about I still put more faith in how a team performed last year and how they did at the end of the year...just my opinion...

so based on that I would rate SC's schedule as above average...notice I didn't say the best or the absolute worst. They are doing something about it in the future (scheduling tOSU and what not) but for now it is all they have...

question back at you then...why will FLA not leave the Swamp for a OOC game? I mean tOSU and Texas are doing home and home (or whatever) and Iowa/ASU did one, etc...

just askin...