al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

I don't agree with that.

:twisted:
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

I think he should be suspended as long as Moore can't play. If Moore never comes back then neither does Bertuzzi. Simple as that. It was assault and battery resulting in terrible injuries. A lot of folks have said that we should "move on". Tell that to Moore. Do you think he's "moving on"? He's been robbed of his livelihood and the ability to play the game he loves. Bertuzzi deserves nothing less than the same fate, at least he's got his health---which is something Moore doesn't have. Fuck Bertuzzi, he's fucking scum.
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

Mainiac wrote:I think he should be suspended as long as Moore can't play. If Moore never comes back then neither does Bertuzzi. Simple as that. It was assault and battery resulting in terrible injuries. A lot of folks have said that we should "move on". Tell that to Moore. Do you think he's "moving on"? He's been robbed of his livelihood and the ability to play the game he loves. Bertuzzi deserves nothing less than the same fate, at least he's got his health---which is something Moore doesn't have. Fuck Bertuzzi, he's fucking scum.
I'm starting to look like a Todd supporter here, so let me say I think he's a POS and that the sucker punch was one of the biggest bitch moves I've ever seen......

BUT

You can't levy a suspension based on the result of the action. It's as simple as that. Do you think that Bertuzzi's actions had any more or less intent than Ciccareeli or McSorely going lumberjack to people's domes? Or Dale Hunter's world famous cross-check to Pierre Turgeon's face? Suter's hit on Kariya?

You can't levy suspensions based on the result of the act.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Moore's an unrestricted free agent. I don't know what kind of implications that has for workers comp, but if his injury prevents him from working again, he'll be able to file a workers comp claim against the Xvalanche- AND still be able to sue Bertuzzi for damages.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

[web]http://www.canucks.com/theinsider/defau ... =5&id=1265[/web]

:roll:

How about a fucking appology to Steve Moore?

Enjoy getting your asses kicked yet again in the Division by the Avs and Flames.
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

al? wrote:
Mainiac wrote:I think he should be suspended as long as Moore can't play. If Moore never comes back then neither does Bertuzzi. Simple as that. It was assault and battery resulting in terrible injuries. A lot of folks have said that we should "move on". Tell that to Moore. Do you think he's "moving on"? He's been robbed of his livelihood and the ability to play the game he loves. Bertuzzi deserves nothing less than the same fate, at least he's got his health---which is something Moore doesn't have. Fuck Bertuzzi, he's fucking scum.
I'm starting to look like a Todd supporter here, so let me say I think he's a POS and that the sucker punch was one of the biggest bitch moves I've ever seen......

BUT

You can't levy a suspension based on the result of the action. It's as simple as that. Do you think that Bertuzzi's actions had any more or less intent than Ciccareeli or McSorely going lumberjack to people's domes? Or Dale Hunter's world famous cross-check to Pierre Turgeon's face? Suter's hit on Kariya?

You can't levy suspensions based on the result of the act.
Why not? The law does when it comes to violent crime. Certainly Bertuzzi didn't intend to break dude's neck, but he has to pay for the consequences. If I got in a fight with a guy downtown and punched him out and caused brain damage I would sure as hell face more serious charges than if I simply broke his nose. I didn't intend to cause brain damage or break his nose but I would be held accountable for whatever damage I caused. I don't see why the NHL can't act in a similar fashion. I think in order to prevent this stuff from happening again the NHL should come down harder than hard on things like this. I don't think it's unreasonable at all.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

The whole issue about whether or not Bertuzzi could have played in Europe and how it relates to his suspension should be a moot point.

He's not under contract to a fuck'n European team or league.
He's under contract to a team that is based in the NHL.

In truth, they should be kept seperate.
If the Europeans had wanted to allow him to play... that should have been left up to them to decide.
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

You guys make good points and I can see your point of view. I disagree fundamentally on how suspension should be meted out as well as the validity of the law's involvement.

For the record I think we can all agree that Bertuzzi is a cheap-shot artist of the lowest character, and I wouldn't shed a tear if he never played another game in the NHL.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Funny that Bettman gives a slap on the wrist and lets him play while Moore may never play the sport he loves again.

Bertuzzi will get his real punishment when the 'sucks play on Pepsi Center ice for the first time this season. Wouldn't surprise me if the league hands down suspensions to the Avs players after that fiasco is over and done with.

What red wings/avs rivarly?

:twisted:
Deckard
Crack Whore

Post by Deckard »

Does Bertuzzi have to be sued in civil court in Canada because it happened there? Or can Moore go for it in an American court ( due to it being a "North American" league ) where he would likely do a little better monetary wise? And one more question...what does Brad May do when Bertuzzi is leading the Conga line at the Pepsi center this fall?
go get your knife
Crack Whore

Post by go get your knife »

Cross Traffic wrote:[web]http://www.canucks.com/theinsider/defau ... =5&id=1265[/web]

:roll:

How about a fucking appology to Steve Moore?

Enjoy getting your asses kicked yet again in the Division by the Avs and Flames.
A) Todd did apologize. on TV. he was almost crying.

B) Bertuzzi has requested to see Moore in person to apologize AGAIN. Moore will not see him

C) The Avalanche are going to be horseshit this year

thanks for comin out
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

go get your knife wrote: A) Todd did apologize. on TV. he was almost crying.

B) Bertuzzi has requested to see Moore in person to apologize AGAIN. Moore will not see him
Oops, but apologies and tears don't quite make up for pre-meditated aggravated assault and battery. Due to the glorious medium that is Sports Center, I watched that fuck stalk Moore around the ice, before pulling that cheap shot.

Suspension my ass, cryin' Todd should be doin' hard time behind bars.

Oh, and save the flowing "but that other guy who wrapped his stick around that player's larynx who now has a tracheotomy didn't get suspended" e-mails, clones.

That guy should have gone to prison, too.

Did I just post in the hockey forum?
go get your knife
Crack Whore

Post by go get your knife »

War Wagon I never said that apologizing was enough. Just clarifying that he did in fact apologize.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

go get your knife wrote:War Wagon I never said that apologizing was enough. Just clarifying that he did in fact apologize.
true, but as with 99.9% of all "professional" apologies, odds are he was just doing it because his agent told him to and that he was obgligated to. I highly doubt, even with tears, he was serious about it.

Again, he'll get his real punishment when the Cannots visit Pepsi Center for the first time this year.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Fair enough... my post wasn't actually aimed at you, though I did use your quotes.

I guess I'm fairly astounded that any hockeyfan could possibly try to sugarcoat or defend Bertuzzi's actions on the ice.

He can shove his apology. I've heard killers apologize to families of murder victims...right before the judge sent them to life in prison or death row.

Apologies are cheap pennance, and hardly atone for one's actions.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

d-townmike wrote:Again, he'll get his real punishment when the Cannots visit Pepsi Center for the first time this year.
Probably not, unless Lacroix actually plans on getting himself a heavyweight.

And, no, Brad May doesn't count as a heavyweight.
Still a FlameFan
Captain Haddock
Elwood

Post by Captain Haddock »

I'm OK with Bertuzzi being reinstated. The big white hanky scene was punishment enough.

But that video never gets less gruesome. I 've seen it dozens of times...I still wince when Moore makes contact witht the ice.
Lily-livered bandicoots!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Imagine that.

The sport is dead so they do something like this...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

IndyFrisco wrote:Imagine that.

The sport is dead so they do something like this...
The sport is far from dead. It's just done catering to your hockey-hater asses.
Still a FlameFan
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

Am I the only one who thinks re-nstating bert now was a good idea? Sure you can argue that he deserved more, but that arguement can be made whenever he would have gotten reinstated. By doing this before the season starts (while all the free agent madness is going on) the story will hopefully be old news when the first puck drops. Keep him suspended and he'd be a dark cloud hovering over the new area of NHL hockey.

I hate the canucks however I'm glad that this story will be out of the media sooner than later.
GET-ZKY!!!!