Five Guys

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

mvscal
Blank

Re: Five Guys

Post by mvscal »

I seriously doubt that there would be any meaningful difference between ground chuck and ground ribeye that would justify the expense. It would be interesting to see how they would fare in a blind test.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

mvscal wrote:I seriously doubt that there would be any meaningful difference between ground chuck and ground ribeye that would justify the expense. It would be interesting to see how they would fare in a blind test.
Well, at least you didn't dismiss the concept without trying it for yourself like some. Lesser cuts of meat can be prepared in a fashion to taste pretty good. Why go through the work when you can get a nice ribeye, S&P it and chuck it on the grill and, cooked properly, will melt in your mouth? The 50/50 sirloin/ribeye steakburger just melts in your mouth the same way. I've had plenty of cookouts with friends who said that burger is one of the best they've had without knowing it was sirloin and ribeye. I made 3 1/2 lb. burgers, and the cost of the steaks were less than $10. Money well spent. Screwball is up there talking about a $4 Jr. burger from a fast food joint that is money well spent. :meds:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Look, I have no doubt that if you grind up quality cuts of beef, you can make a tasty burger. But seriously, if you gave your guests a choice of a really tasty burger or a nicely grilled ribeye, which are they going to choose like 95% of the time?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:I seriously doubt that there would be any meaningful difference between ground chuck and ground ribeye that would justify the expense. It would be interesting to see how they would fare in a blind test.
dude's got more TVs than circuit city. Price don't matter.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:Look, I have no doubt that if you grind up quality cuts of beef, you can make a tasty burger. But seriously, if you gave your guests a choice of a really tasty burger or a nicely grilled ribeye, which are they going to choose like 95% of the time?
maybe he's talking about the 5% of the time.

personally, i think it probably doesn't really matter what part of the cow you are grinding up. The primary difference in price is determined by tenderness, then marbling. once the grinder has done all the chewing, it prolly don't matter. i am certain that a good burger chef can make a ground chuck burger taste better than a mediocre one using the best possible burger.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

smackaholic wrote:dude's got more TVs than circuit city.
So do you.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:
So do you.
So does T1B ('sup AP).
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

IndyFrisco wrote:
So do you.
well, they still do an interweb bidness, so i 'spose they got them somewhere. i guess best buy would have been a better example.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

5 guys is apparently in Denver, but i haven't been. we do have smashburger and larkburger in the new "gourmet burger" franchise invasion. larkburger was pretty good. good fries. might be a CO chain. smashburger was kind of weird, very greasy (the bottom bun was basically liquified after sitting in the paper serving tray for less than 3 minutes)...but they peppered the beef heavily which i liked. fries, average. nothing special. would go back to lark, probably not to SB (since there are at least 2 places i'd rather eat within 200 yards of the place and about 6-7 within a 1/2 mile)....but SB does have beer (though their apparent "uptempo" loud music ambiance would make spending more than about 10 minutes in there sort of iffy).

Boulder, Colorado is not a great burger/fries town, that's for sure. a place that didn't serve fresh ground beef didn't have a chance in the Norman, OK of my youth. here, it's like a new thing that you pay extra for.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Toddowen wrote:Someone told me that Red Robin was the best burger they've had. Specifically, their blue cheese burger.
There is one literally 2.5 miles away. They're better than any fast food joint, but nothing you can't make for yourself. The BEST burgers are aged ground Prime Rib that are aged from the radiation from 27 TV's and then put in a salt mine under a 6000 sq/ft home.

THEN... you get a metal meat grinder... I really meant "plastic" meat grinder and then toss them on the grill.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Red Robin has the most ridiculously over-priced burgers in the western hemisphere.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Red Robin sucks a ridiculous amount of ball sac. I went once, and will NEVER return.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

IndyFrisco wrote:My PET

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38254
Nice. So you fuck up steak, too.

Just as well buy a tube of that 70/30 crap that they sell down at the Aldi, rather than insult a perfectly good ribeye by smothering it in all that shit. To each his own, I reckon. Fuckin' 'tard. :meds:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Toddowen wrote:Someone told me that Red Robin was the best burger they've had. Specifically, their blue cheese burger.

There's one up near you in Manchester, smachaholic. Ever been?
i know exactly where it is. drove buy it about 20 minutes ago. it's at the buckland hills mall. never been there. don't plan too. i suspect it is like all other big chain stuff which means so-so. i just about never to go chain restaurants....unless i got a 50 dollar gift card which we just used at outback right down the street from RR.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Speaking of burgers...anyone ever et an ostrich burger? Fuddruckers is supposed to have them available from time to time. I've almost been tempted.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Drier than Liz Taylor's pussy lips.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Red Robin is OK... for what it is. Always have to keep that in mind.

Last I heard, at one near me, a guy I went to high school with (25 years ago) is freaking STILL putting himself through college by bartending there (hence my familiarity -- we'd kinda get the hookup). Those whacky Asian guys -- I think he's got about 4 different PhDs by now... and still slinging drinks and going to school. Dude's 44 -- one would think he'd have chosen a career by now, what with 25 freaking years of college under his belt.

I have a Fuddruskers near me -- haven't had one of their ground-up-donkey-asshole-burgers in many years.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Truman wrote:Just as well buy a tube of that 70/30 crap

Slow cook that on the smoker, and you end up with the gnarliest greaseball you've ever seen... tastes pretty good.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

R-Jack wrote:Drier than Liz Taylor's pussy lips.
Kinda like trying to pry open a cold grilled cheese sammich.
I would think.
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Damn near every item on Red Robin's menu tastes saltier than licking mermaid pussy.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

OCmike wrote:...licking mermaid pussy.
I guess a squid would know where to find it too.

:wink:
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Red Robin - overpriced but tasty
Smashburger - fucking God awful
Five Guys - see Red Robin...although the fries are worth it
In n Out - Meh
Fuddruckers - pretty good
Champs Burgers (a hole in the wall that only sells burgers and potato chips) - best burger in Houston

Btw, Indy, I like the idea of grinding up better cuts of meat for a "classier" burger. I like Rib-eye in the form of steak as much as the next guy, but nothing beats a great tasting burger after a long day spent doing yardwork. I think I'll try this recipe and let y'all know how it turns out.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Mikey wrote:
OCmike wrote:...licking mermaid pussy.
I guess a squid would know where to find it too.

:wink:

:lol: Worst part about nailing mermaid pussy?...getting chafed by the scales.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Can't believe some of you actually praise places like Fuddruckers and Fatburger. The quality of those burgers are barely a step up from Burger King.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

If I've learned anything from this thread it's to stay far, far away from anything recommended by Todd.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Someone go ahead and fill me in on why Fuddruckers is so bad. There used to be one in GR when I was growing up, but it closed in 96. Then I found one in DC. So it was like revisiting lost youth. I go there about once every couple months. I know it can be a bit expensive, but I love piling on the pico de gallo, A1, nacho cheese and jalapenos. God, that tastes good.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bill Lumbergh
Jake

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Someone go ahead and fill me in on why Fuddruckers is so bad. There used to be one in GR when I was growing up, but it closed in 96. Then I found one in DC. So it was like revisiting lost youth. I go there about once every couple months. I know it can be a bit expensive, but I love piling on the pico de gallo, A1, nacho cheese and jalapenos. God, that tastes good.
Why I am not surprised that a pissant like you who thinks Baltimore is cool would also think Fuddruckers is great? :meds:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Baltimore beats the shit out of KC any day of the week, like you beating your meat. Even if you get tired of Bmore, you can get to Philly, NY or DC in <3 hrs.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Not sure if 5 locations is a chain but Umami burgers are as good as any single joint I've been to and hands down better than any chain.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

R-Jack wrote:Drier than Liz Taylor's pussy lips.
If you are referring to a Fuddruckers O burger you might be right cause that place sucks but I have cooked plenty of ostrich burgers (there is a farm next to the Hitching Post 2 in Buellton) and they are very tasty and quite juicy when cooked right.

Better than eating a horse.