[edit x3] Rack Izzo. 23-7 in tha dance.

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

This thread belongs in the theater of the absurd.

I wonder how Terry Francona compares to Joe Torre? Or Billy Martin? Or Bobby Cox?

Babs, remember when I sincerely stated you are a Dumbass of epic proportions?

I meant it.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MSUFAN wrote:Ummm.. I beg to disagree. K has been at Duke, what; 25 years now? Give Tom 15 more. He just turned 50 years old. If he decides to be another Gene Keady, I can almost assure you we'll win at least another NC or two!

You can entertain the "what if" game with Izzo but the reality is Coach K has done it, you're predicting Izzo will do it.

If he has the 25 year career Coach K does with the 500/600/700 wins, double-digit Final Four appearances and 3 or 4 national titles...I'll say he's on par with him and other greats of all-time. Right now, no...Izzo is one of the best coaches right now but in the history of college basketball, he's a long time to go before he's a Hall of Fame coach.

You can't just project the guy's career before it's happened...he could always hop to the NBA or retire early or lose control of the program and get canned...it's all possible.

I'm not attacking just you for the saking of attacking you...I just think you're just putting the cart before the horse in this case. Give your boy some time before you declare him king of all coaches.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Mustang wrote:
The Assassin wrote:they showed Duke UNLV from 1991 this afternoon on ESPN Classic. I couldn't watch the end,,its still too painful.

Go MSU. Avenge the Runnin Rebels
Ooooh....my favorite game of all time, even more than '92 vs. UK. Dude, that Vegas team is still at the top of my list of all-time college team. That had to hurt......repeat....undefeated season.....flush. I was just hoping Duke would keep the pasting under 20. Grant Hill took the opening tip in for a dunk and instantly I got this funny feeling.

Not mine. I liked the 1990 National Championship game better. 8)

Why Larry Johnson didn't drive too the hoop and tie it instead of passing to Hunt for a badly shot 3 is beyond me. LJ had the lane!
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

I was anticipating a repeat for '91. Nice surprise.....

Interesting story about Larry Johnson. A Dallas high school legend at Skyline, he was signed to play at my school, SMU. We'd see him sitting in the stands at games. BUT......they didn't believe his SAT scores and asked him to take it again. Larry basically tells SMU to get bent and enrolls at some junior college in Laredo or Midland or some such, where Tark gets a whiff and swoops in. Larry could flat out play. Ditto for the rest of that squad. Yeah, they got a NCAA title but should've had two and gone down as perhaps the greatest college team ever (in my mind they still are). But one loss and everyone forgets. I don't think they had a close game that whole year then when they got into a tight battle with Duke, they got rattled.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

MSUFAN wrote:two storied programs
If MSU is storied than so is FSU, atleast we beat Duke on occasion.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

comparing izzo to krzywzkrkyzzzshushefski is plain fukkin' stooopid. And I hate the dukkies with a passion!
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

See....
..you know something is wrong when even anti-DukeNation is going to bat for K. Try again....
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Post by Buried_Nick »

S'all right, fuckers. Get in line!, cuz we're gonna be slappin your asses in this forum come Fri. night. Bring it on!

Oh, and you guys are forgetting maybe one of the Heels best ever, RashEEEEED! Wallace! POY at UNC wasn't he?! Unless you were speaking only of players born there? :oops:

As I said before, all eyes will be on Austin:

Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo owns the second-best NCAA Tournament winning percentage among active coaches at .778 (21-6), ranking only behind Duke's Mike Krzyzewski (.795, 66-17). In fact, the Austin Regional features three of the top four coaches as Kentucky's Tubby Smith ranks fourth (.722, 26-10).

Austin; Regional Of Champions - Since 1996, the four teams in the Austin Regional have combined to win four NCAA Championships (Kentucky - 1996, 1998; Michigan State - 2000; Duke - 2001) and appear in 10 Final Fours (Michigan State - 1999, 2000, 2001; Duke - 1999, 2001, 2004; Kentucky - 1996, 1997, 1998; Utah - 1998). By comparison the Syracuse Regional has four Final Fours and one NCAA Title and the Chicago Regional has three Final Fours and one NCAA Championship, while the four teams in the Albuquerque Regional have not appeared in one Final Four since 1996.

I like it.
:wink:
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

MSUFAN wrote: Austin; Regional Of Champions - Since 1996, the four teams in the Austin Regional have combined to win four NCAA Championships (Kentucky - 1996, 1998; Michigan State - 2000; Duke - 2001) and appear in 10 Final Fours (Michigan State - 1999, 2000, 2001; Duke - 1999, 2001, 2004; Kentucky - 1996, 1997, 1998; Utah - 1998). By comparison the Syracuse Regional has four Final Fours and one NCAA Title and the Chicago Regional has three Final Fours and one NCAA Championship, while the four teams in the Albuquerque Regional have not appeared in one Final Four since 1996.

I like it.
Interesting. It's been a long day and I'm tired so maybe I am missing something but there are some extreme mathematical problems with that post. L'il help? :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

rozy wrote:Interesting. It's been a long day and I'm tired so maybe I am missing something but there are some extreme mathematical problems with that post. L'il help? :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I was going to comment on the front end of it, but I don't even know where to start, so I just thought I'd avoid this forum on Friday night:
Babs wrote:S'all right, fuckers. Get in line!, cuz we're gonna be slappin your asses in this forum come Fri. night. Bring it on!
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

RadioFan wrote:
rozy wrote:Interesting. It's been a long day and I'm tired so maybe I am missing something but there are some extreme mathematical problems with that post. L'il help? :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I was going to comment on the front end of it, but I don't even know where to start, so I just thought I'd avoid this forum on Friday night:
Babs wrote:S'all right, fuckers. Get in line!, cuz we're gonna be slappin your asses in this forum come Fri. night. Bring it on!

I still haven't figured out how the same regional can send 2 or more teams to the Final Four in the same year. But I am tired, so maybe, JUST maybe I am reading it wrong.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

MSUFAN wrote:S'all right, fuckers. Get in line!, cuz we're gonna be slappin your asses in this forum come Fri. night. Bring it on!

Oh, and you guys are forgetting maybe one of the Heels best ever, RashEEEEED! Wallace! POY at UNC wasn't he?! Unless you were speaking only of players born there? :oops:

As I said before, all eyes will be on Austin:

Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo owns the second-best NCAA Tournament winning percentage among active coaches at .778 (21-6), ranking only behind Duke's Mike Krzyzewski (.795, 66-17). In fact, the Austin Regional features three of the top four coaches as Kentucky's Tubby Smith ranks fourth (.722, 26-10).

Austin; Regional Of Champions - Since 1996, the four teams in the Austin Regional have combined to win four NCAA Championships (Kentucky - 1996, 1998; Michigan State - 2000; Duke - 2001) and appear in 10 Final Fours (Michigan State - 1999, 2000, 2001; Duke - 1999, 2001, 2004; Kentucky - 1996, 1997, 1998; Utah - 1998). By comparison the Syracuse Regional has four Final Fours and one NCAA Title and the Chicago Regional has three Final Fours and one NCAA Championship, while the four teams in the Albuquerque Regional have not appeared in one Final Four since 1996.

I like it.
Yes, NC born players. I'm pretty sure Wallace is from Philly. But I'll stack up players from my home state of North Carolina against any other (yep, most went to Carolina but that's ok). There's something constructive for you to do MSUfan, instead of driving the PR machine for Izzo. Give us an all-time Michigan-born team, regardless of where they played. Bet it's pretty good.

But try to give the Izzo thing a rest, eh? We all know he's terrific. But when you keep running and running and running about how great he is (like the pundits do with K), people will turn on him. Which sort of puts this board into a quandry......forcing the Duke haters to be on Babs' side Friday night. My guess is they'll suck it up, grit their teeth, tighten the jaws and swallow the lesser of bitterness.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

As a fellow MSU fan, one thing I find humorous is that before Babs' existence here, Michigan State was just another run-of-the-mill d1 major conference school, with flashes of success here and there, hardly entering into any conversation. Now many here center much of their hate around its programs, much like a Duke, UNC or Miami receives. Is it because of Babs' endless rantings? Yeah, sure, but they're still getting boat loads of attention, and Babs is loving every minute of it.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

It has more to do with actually hating Babs than it does MSU. I like Izzo and think he's one Hell of a coach and his teams are tough teams that, for the most part, seem to win the right way too... I don't like how many players he's had leave early, but, what's a coach to do, right? I mean, with all of the Academic AA's on that squad, it's hard to keep them out of Fortune 500 companies before they graduate. :D

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

the_ouskull wrote:It has more to do with actually hating Babs than it does MSU. I like Izzo and think he's one Hell of a coach and his teams are tough teams that, for the most part, seem to win the right way too... I don't like how many players he's had leave early, but, what's a coach to do, right? I mean, with all of the Academic AA's on that squad, it's hard to keep them out of Fortune 500 companies before they graduate. :D

the_ouskull
Whether it's a result of Babs or not, my only point was that the hatred for Michigan State athletics is prevalant.

And Izzo's coaching career started in an era of players leaving early. He's just a victim of the way things are now.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

William Cutting wrote:Whether it's a result of Babs or not, my only point was that the hatred for Michigan State athletics is prevalant.

If it wasn't for Babs, I'm sure there would more respect paid to the Spartans. They have been one of the better programs while Izzo has been coach. If you actually took a poll, more people probably are anti-Michigan than anti-Michigan State overall. The reason why so many here are rooting against the Spartans is because of that loudmouth. Granted, I'm a Michigan fan and I don't like State anyways but when you have irritating fans constantly running their yaps...you can't help but want to see their team lose every game.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I read today that MSU hasn't beaten Duke since like 1958??? Nice...

Shoalzie you are right we prolly would give more respect to MSU if it weren't for Babs = bitch...

I mean football is bad enough with her in the threads...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

My point is that fans of teams LOVE to hear their team being talked about, whether it's good or bad, with respect or void of it. Babs could keep his rantings to himself, and you may have a silent respect for MSU, but you wouldn't be giving him what he wants, which is simply a discussion centered around his team.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Babs or no Babs, I want MSU to hand Dook a ticket home.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

^^^^^

Not gonna happen.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Cicero wrote:^^^^^

Not gonna happen.
Probably not tonight, but on Sunday, after UK takes them down, I'll post a "bwuuuaahhh" thread. Deal?
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Come on Michigan St. Beat Fluke U.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

The Assassin wrote:Come on Michigan St. Beat Fluke U.
Quit jinxin' an stuff.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

RadioFan wrote:
Quit jinxin' an stuff.

We don't believe in jinxes.

signed,

the Cubs
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Assasin,

How is Duke, Fluke U?

3 Nat'l Titles and 6 ACC titles in the last 8?

All luck right?

Fuckbitch.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

this board will melt if MSU wins

fucking babs will spam, spam, spam!!!!!!!!!

:roll:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

The Assassin wrote:
RadioFan wrote:
Quit jinxin' an stuff.

We don't believe in jinxes.

signed,

the Cubs
Quit it. They're doing well. :wink:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Adelpiero wrote:this board will melt if MSU wins
Highly unlikely.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Cicero wrote:Assasin,

How is Duke, Fluke U?

3 Nat'l Titles and 6 ACC titles in the last 8?

All luck right?

Fuckbitch.
Sissy ro.

Its called an unflattering nickname. Look it up. I respect what Duke has done. It doesnt mean I have to like them.

cumguzzlin feeb. :roll:
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

RadioFan wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:this board will melt if MSU wins
Highly unlikely.

We'll get a bunch of annoying posts from Babs but the board won't melt. Now, if MSU wins the national title...I don't think I'll want to be in here for that.
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

well at least we won't have to hear from Dukie V...
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Killian wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:Especially stoopis ass Mich fan. Wow, what a bunch of ballsuckers you guys are. The nerve to say anything in a college basketball forum! :lol:

NOT THIS TIME, JJ!!!!!
Kinda like you poking your head around the college football forum? Oh, and if that little guard from Vermont put 27 on you, it's scary to think what Reddick will do.
Some people just show their ass continually. :lol:

Can't wait for Obi-Wan to kick our ass this Sept. !!!!!
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

MSUFAN wrote:OK, then - Sckoalz and Cicero.

Helmute? You in too?!
Smart move, Helmeted one. :wink:
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Happy Easter Babs...Go UK! :wink:

(A special message from everyone's favorite Kentucky fan)
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

4 final fours in 6 seasons. Unreal.
Lets try and get it all!!! Huh?!
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Shoalzie wrote:Happy Easter Babs...Go UK! :wink:

(A special message from everyone's favorite Kentucky fan)

Is she wearing a cast because Wynonna tried to eat her leg?
Al Davis=Fidel Castro