[edit x3] Rack Izzo. 23-7 in tha dance.

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

[edit x3] Rack Izzo. 23-7 in tha dance.

Post by Buried_Nick »

.766% Second only to Wooden, and now K again.

And 233 wins in 10 seasons as a head coach. 4 final fours in the last 7 seasons!

Dude has 15 more seasons, if he wants it.
Easily a 600 win coach, if he wants to stay that long. Maybe 700!

Please, Fluke. Beat Miss St.!!!!!
Last edited by Buried_Nick on Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Yeah, assuming he can get your barnacle ass off of his sack long enough to get an extention, he could go places...

You're worse than Amhad Rashad was with MJ.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I just love it when MSU wins a game and dick-in-the-ass starts 5 threads about it.

One would suffice, dunce.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Make sure you two losers grab up some ginger-ale, and a few corndogs this Fri night, and watch two storied programs goin at it, on the HDTV at the bar.

Suck-ah's!!!!! :lol:
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Storied = OU Football
Up And Coming = MSU Basketball

One National Championship since 1979 isn't QUITE "storied."

Face it Babs, no matter how many threads you start about MSU hoops (none of which I've rid us of, btw ComplainBitch... they have rid themselves nicely) you're still not Duke. Accept it and move on.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I hope you beat Duke. After that who cares.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Assassin wrote:I hope you beat Duke. After that who cares.

You must really hate Duke if you want to read another week of Babs' posts about MSU.

I'm a little concerned with Duke after this weekend's performance against Delaware State and Mississippi State. MSU didn't look half bad in their two games but atleast Duke has had their number in the Izzo era. As long as Redick knocks down his shots and Williams stays out of foul trouble, Duke will likely run into Kentucky again in the regional finals.

RACK Coach K on getting the all-time tournament win total tonight passing Dean Smith...
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Shoalzie wrote:
The Assassin wrote:I hope you beat Duke. After that who cares.

You must really hate Duke if you want to read another week of Babs' posts about MSU.

I'm a little concerned with Duke after this weekend's performance against Delaware State and Mississippi State. MSU didn't look half bad in their two games but atleast Duke has had their number in the Izzo era. As long as Redick knocks down his shots and Williams stays out of foul trouble, Duke will likely run into Kentucky again in the regional finals.

RACK Coach K on getting the all-time tournament win total tonight passing Dean Smith...

Remember,I'm a UNLV fan. i'm STILL holding a grudge for 1991. :lol:

Coach K has done some of his best coaching this by far. This isnt one of dukes stellar classes,but he's still getting the most out of them. If Miss st could make free throws,they woulda won today. I think the Duke Mich St game will be a VERY entertaining game to watch.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Babs - You still up for a sig bet on fri night? Coach K owns Jizzo. Mich St is a nice team, but dont expect Duke to play that bad on Friday.

Duke 74
Mich St 68
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Thank you, Ass.! ...errrr.......I mean, assasin!
(I tried to abreviate, and saw what I'd done. :oops: )

Here's hoping UOSkunk and Syracuse twit have enough nads to stay the FUCK outta here this next weekend.
This place is for winners to "Duke" it out.

What'd Freddie Mercury say? - "No time for LOOO-ser's.....cuz....."

Helmut, Arch, and others, your cool. See ya in here for those Sig. and Av. bets, Duke fans!

Right?!
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Cicero wrote:Babs - You still up for a sig bet on fri night? Coach K owns Jizzo. Mich St is a nice team, but dont expect Duke to play that bad on Friday.

Duke 74
Mich St 78
Shit yeah!

SIG. and AV. bets?

Oh, ftfy. ^ :mrgreen:
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Strangely enough, the only asshole I see here keeps talking.
[cough!]loser says, what?![/cough!]
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

MSUFAN wrote:and watch two storied programs goin at it, on the HDTV at the bar.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

TWO STORIED PROGRAMS!??? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA you have to be fucking kidding me. Putting MSU in the same sentence as Duke is like putting MSU in the same sentence as Michigan in football.

You are truly a fucking moron.
Those who stay will be champions.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

the_ouskull wrote:Yeah, assuming he can get your barnacle ass off of his sack long enough to get an extention, he could go places...

You're worse than Amhad Rashad was with MJ.

the_ouskull
Or, for those of us who are a little more old-school . . .

Brent Musberger with Georgetown basketball circa mid-1980's.

Or Howard Cosell with Muhammad Ali.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BlindRef wrote:

TWO STORIED PROGRAMS!??? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA you have to be fucking kidding me. Putting MSU in the same sentence as Duke is like putting MSU in the same sentence as Michigan in football.

Gotta RACK the MichiganFan there.

State has been a solid program during the Heathcote and Izzo days but I'd never call it great. When you compare it Duke...the Devils win conference titles, conference tournament titles and make deep runs in the Big Dance regularly. The resume of the senior class at MSU has two first round losses, one appearance to the Elite 8 and no Big Ten titles of any kind. I wouldn't exactly call that great. When surviving the first weekend of the Big Dance is an accomplishment, that's not saying much.

I can't wait for Friday night...I'm going have a tough time stomaching the local lovefest for the Spartans. :x
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BlindRef wrote:

That
is
a
RACK
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

OK, lets see. Out of the Tardom above, I have exactly ONE troll with enough ballz, that he'll sig. bet me on Duke.

Cicero. You were a deep thinker way back when, bro, but your smarts can't help ole Duke this time. The rest of you, just keep talkin trash, ans not backing it up.
Especially stoopis ass Mich fan. Wow, what a bunch of ballsuckers you guys are. The nerve to say anything in a college basketball forum! :lol:

Bet is for a sig. AND an Av. for one week. Sat. thru Sat.

Duke fans only.

Those are the only rules.

See ya either Fri. night, or Sat.

NOT THIS TIME, JJ!!!!!
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

MSUFAN wrote:Especially stoopis ass Mich fan. Wow, what a bunch of ballsuckers you guys are. The nerve to say anything in a college basketball forum! :lol:

NOT THIS TIME, JJ!!!!!
Kinda like you poking your head around the college football forum? Oh, and if that little guard from Vermont put 27 on you, it's scary to think what Reddick will do.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

I know who will win Friday night: Duke and Kentucky. CBS accidentally cc:ed me on a memo to the refereeing crews instructing them to create of the 92 regional final. Sorry, Utah and Michigan State, but you know it had to be this way.

In addition, the referees will ensure that Duke will win on a last second shot to beat Kentucky, setting up a Final Four semifinal with UNC.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Thank you Nostradamus. Sounds good to me.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MSUFAN wrote:OK, lets see. Out of the Tardom above, I have exactly ONE troll with enough ballz, that he'll sig. bet me on Duke.

I want a piece...State hasn't beaten Duke in over 50 years. I like my odds.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

OK, then - Sckoalz and Cicero.

Helmute? You in too?!
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

helmet wrote:I know who will win Friday night: Duke and Kentucky. CBS accidentally cc:ed me on a memo to the refereeing crews instructing them to create of the 92 regional final. Sorry, Utah and Michigan State, but you know it had to be this way.

In addition, the referees will ensure that Duke will win on a last second shot to beat Kentucky, setting up a Final Four semifinal with UNC.
Genius. Maybe I've been looking at the ref whining thing the wrong way. Maybe Duke does after all, own the refs, CBS, ESPN, C.D. Chesley, Holly Farms Chicken, Pilot Life.....
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

they showed Duke UNLV from 1991 this afternoon on ESPN Classic. I couldn't watch the end,,its still too painful.

Go MSU. Avenge the Runnin Rebels
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Assassin wrote:they showed Duke UNLV from 1991 this afternoon on ESPN Classic. I couldn't watch the end,,its still too painful.

I can understand where you were coming from before. Still, do you want to see Babs gloat?
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Shoalzie wrote:
The Assassin wrote:they showed Duke UNLV from 1991 this afternoon on ESPN Classic. I couldn't watch the end,,its still too painful.

I can understand where you were coming from before. Still, do you want to see Babs gloat?

I dont think he'll be gloating after Kentucky pounds them.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Ooooh....my favorite game of all time, even more than '92 vs. UK. Dude, that Vegas team is still at the top of my list of all-time college team. That had to hurt......repeat....undefeated season.....flush. I was just hoping Duke would keep the pasting under 20. Grant Hill took the opening tip in for a dunk and instantly I got this funny feeling.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Mustang wrote:

Ooooh....my favorite game of all time, even more than '92 vs. UK. Dude, that Vegas team is still at the top of my list of all-time college team. That had to hurt......repeat....undefeated season.....flush. I was just hoping Duke would keep the pasting under 20. Grant Hill took the opening tip in for a dunk and instantly I got this funny feeling.
^Gets a RACK
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Shoalzie wrote:

Y would he care? He hates Duke, as do a lot of fans.

It's YOU, and your jealousy of MSU and Izzo, that doesn't want to see any gloating. Evidenced by your ignorant Av.

And in case any of you think this team isn't motivated:
Here's an excerpt from a Det. News column by Wojo. He was allowed to be with the team for the week of the Selection show, after we had lost to Iowa.
5:30 p.m. Sunday

• The theater room: Players are back in the plush room, the centerpiece of this spectacular basketball complex. They munch on chicken wings, burgers, fries and salad. The selection show is in 30 minutes, but suddenly, the room darkens and the screen illuminates.

Players see joyous images of Michigan State's regular-season Sr. Day finale against Penn State, followed immediately by the final play of the loss to Iowa. Then a blank screen.

All eyes trail Izzo as he strides to the front and places two videotapes on the table. Then he lifts a sledgehammer and swings.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

He smashes one tape, hitting it once, twice, three times. He lines up the second tape and pounds again, but misses. Anderson leaps to his feet, grabs the tape and throws it to the floor. With a plastic crunch, it shatters.

Not a word is spoken. Izzo stands, breathing heavily, and drops the sledgehammer.

"One tape is the end of the regular season," he says, his voice unsteady. "The other is the end of the Big Ten tournament. We're smashing it all, all the shit that we can't win the close games, that we can't do this and we can't do that. SO GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEADS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT'S OVER!"

Long, long pause.

"I spoke to Chris Hill last night and he asked me if I lost confidence in him. I said, 'You're damn right I have. I lost confidence in how you play. I haven't lost confidence in how you can play.'"

With that, the reconstruction begins. For the next 10 minutes, Izzo shows statistic after statistic, numbers that tout Michigan State's accomplishments. He points out the program's streak of eight NCAA Tournament appearances. He notes that 25 of Michigan State's 49 nonconference opponents the past four seasons were tournament teams, the most of any top program, a tribute to the seniors.

Hill, Anderson and Kelvin Torbert are good players who had the fortune (and misfortune) of coming aboard right after Michigan State's run of greatness -- three straight Final Fours and the 2000 national championship. As Izzo turns to look at them, his voice lowers.

"You seniors who have been through so much shit, there is not a team in the country that can match it. I showed you all those numbers because somehow, someway, you've got to believe and trust me in this last stage."

His voice breaks. Ten, 15 seconds pass. He struggles.

"I know that schedule last year damaged a couple of you guys. We could've done it like other big-name teams and canceled games when we lost pro players. But instead, I just sent you out there to the wolves and let them kick your ..."

He clears his throat. His eyes are red.

"Because of that, sometimes I feel I put you through more SHIT than you deserved. And now tonight, it's gonna change, and we're gonna figure out a way to use it all to our advantage. We're not going to prove people wrong anymore. We're going to prove ourselves right.

"You have nothing to fear. You don't always do the right things, you don't always make the big free throws or the clutch shot, but you have an enormous selection to choose from in how to right the ship."

The sound comes on, and the selection show begins.
Now I know why Anderson and company stroked so many big free throws these last two games. When it looked like the other team was mounting a comeback, late. I gotta think there's something going on here, fella's.

When I can find the link to Fox Sports Net in Detroit, I will post the numbers from a comparison between K, and Izzo that they showed last night; their first 10 years as head coaches. It will speak for itself.

Later.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

THEY BEAT A #12 AND A #13 YOU DOUCHEBAG!!!! Dont even try to compare Izzo to Coach K.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

What is there for Shoalz to be jealous of MSU for?

Fucking Ponderous
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Cicero wrote:THEY BEAT A #12 AND A #13 YOU DOUCHEBAG!!!! Dont even try to compare Izzo to Coach K.
Twit.

In EVERY category; Coach Izzo was ahead of Coach K, when looking at their first 10 years in coaching.

If I find this link, I'm gonna come back in here, and shove it up your "choose your Blue" ass!

Good luck Fri. night! [IAMSUCHANIDIOT]
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MSUFAN wrote:In EVERY category; Coach Izzo was ahead of Coach K, when looking at their first 10 years in coaching.

Coach K started at Army...not exactly a basketball power. Plus, he went over to Duke when they were the laughing stock of the ACC. Izzo inherited a good program at MSU plus Michigan was in a sharp decline after the Fab Five years. Coach K went to Duke and had to compete with the other powers in the state when he was a virtual unknown. Compare the first ten years if you want but Izzo will never match Coach K's overall body of work.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

[/quote]Coach K started at Army...not exactly a basketball power. Plus, he went over to Duke when they were the laughing stock of the ACC. Izzo inherited a good program at MSU plus Michigan was in a sharp decline after the Fab Five years. Coach K went to Duke and had to compete with the other powers in the state when he was a virtual unknown. Compare the first ten years if you want but Izzo will never match Coach K's overall body of work.[/quote]

These were dark times indeed. Mighty Wagner College beat Duke at Cameron....and I was in the building. The horror.... One of our neighbors, Tom Butters, called Krzyzewski into his office at the end of one of those horrible seasons. I, and many others were ready to send this guy on his way. Instead, Butters got him sign a multi-year contract extension and told him to get coaching. The rest is history....oh, probably not as illustrious as all those final fours Michigan State has gone to but still pretty good.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Shoalzie wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:In EVERY category; Coach Izzo was ahead of Coach K, when looking at their first 10 years in coaching.

Coach K started at Army...not exactly a basketball power. Plus, he went over to Duke when they were the laughing stock of the ACC. Izzo inherited a good program at MSU plus Michigan was in a sharp decline after the Fab Five years. Coach K went to Duke and had to compete with the other powers in the state when he was a virtual unknown. Compare the first ten years if you want but Izzo will never match Coach K's overall body of work.
These were dark times indeed. Mighty Wagner College beat Duke at Cameron....and I was in the building. The horror.... One of our neighbors, Tom Butters, called Krzyzewski into his office at the end of one of those horrible seasons. I, and many others were ready to send this guy on his way. Instead, Butters got him sign a multi-year contract extension and told him to get coaching. The rest is history....oh, probably not as illustrious as all those final fours Michigan State has gone to but still pretty good.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Shoalzie wrote:

Ummm.. I beg to disagree. K has been at Duke, what; 25 years now? Give Tom 15 more. He just turned 50 years old. If he decides to be another Gene Keady, I can almost assure you we'll win at least another NC or two!

Also, remmember Izzo was an intergeral (sic) part of those great Heathcote years. That's even more kudo's on Toms side.

Sure, I don't think Izzo is right alongside K right now. But, give him another 15 years at 24 wins a year, like he's averaging. Even MORE than 24, if you take his recent 6 years or so.
Killian

Post by Killian »

MSUFAN wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:

Ummm.. I beg to disagree. K has been at Duke, what; 25 years now? Give Tom 15 more. He just turned 50 years old. If he decides to be another Gene Keady, I can almost assure you we'll win at least another NC or two!

Also, remmember Izzo was an intergeral (sic) part of those great Heathcote years. That's even more kudo's on Toms side.

Sure, I don't think Izzo is right alongside K right now. But, give him another 15 years at 24 wins a year, like he's averaging. Even MORE than 24, if you take his recent 6 years or so.
And what's your point? You just kyoa by saying that Izzo was part of those great Heathcote years. So he inhereted a good team with a solid recruiting base in one of the top basketball states in the land. K inhereted a team that was a laughing stock with no recruiting base in a weak basketball state. He also did it at a school with the academic reputation of Duke. Izzo didn't have to worry about that little bit either.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Whoa, Killian! "K inhereted a team that was a laughing stock with no recruiting base in a weak basketball state." Oooh, gotta disagree. The state of North Carolina has produced some of the BEST players....ever. David Thompson, Walter Davis, Phil Ford, the great Buck Williams, Jerry Stackhouse (those 3 all from Rocky Mount), Michael Jordan, Brad Daugherty, Dominique Wilkins, John Lucas, Rodney Rogers (those two from Durham), and the immortal Kenny Dennard. OK...the last one is a reach...and that list has a lot of greybeards on it but the state has turned out some great talent, though it rarely ended up on the Duke campus. But your points are well taken.

This whole Izzo vs. Krzyzewski thing seems a little inane. Both are good coaches and good guys. Sure, if Izzo keeps it going for another decade or more, he could have some great numbers. Congrats. But let's wait till he gets there. Meanwhile, Krzyzewski IS there.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Forgive my ignorance. I stand very much corrected.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Mustang's right on that count. Off the top of my head, current ACC players from NC include Randolph, Paul, Jack, Eric Williams, and McCants. I think either Downey or Gray is from NC too.

Comparing K's first ten years to Izzo's first ten years is stupid. Maybe if Izzo had spent five years coaching Oakland and then got the MSU job. Different career paths. How about Izzo's first ten years vs. K's first ten years at Duke? That would at least have a little more meaning.