Your Teams Record This Season

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Your Teams Record This Season

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:8/30 fucko.

Probably the only time I'll pull for State when the game has nothing to do with helping out Michigan.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

FSU 8-4

Losses to Wake, Miami, Clemson and Ufag.
Last edited by Cicero on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:8/30 fucko.

We'll be waiting with a Gold-Out....

.... and some new uni's

look for them to being wearing Gold..... just a hunch.

New Uniform Photo Gallery
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

m2, that stadium looks like the ring around a dorm room toilet. Apparently the urine motif extends beyond the unis.
.... and some new uni's
big SHOCKER.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

1.West Mich-W
2. San Jose-W
3. New Mexico St -W
4. Va Tech-(at home with a bi-week before, VT's O won't be that hot, think we can win)
5. Mizzou-L
6. TTech-L
7. Iowa State-W
8. Baylor-W
9. OU-L
10. Kan-L
11. KSU-W
12. CU-W

8-4, that is the record we'd have had in '07 with an actual defense, some motivation, and less-bloated players. We'll have all those things this season so we should be able to make a decent comeback.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

.m2 wrote:Kevin Riley

My Beaverton homey should hook you up.

Might be a few Beaverton QBs taking snaps in the PAC this season.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Sudden Sam wrote:It really bothers me to see Nebraska so down lately.
That makes one of us.
"Keys, woman!"
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Sudden Sam wrote:It really bothers me to see Nebraska so down lately. That "defense" last year was about as bad as I've ever seen. I long for the days of NU and UA being powers again.

Bama and Nebraska had some epic matchups "back in the day". Devaney and Bryant buttin' heads. Lotta respect for each other. Good times. Oh shit! I'm wallowing in the past....again!

Alabama 2008

Clemson L
Tulane W
Western Kentucky W
Arkansas W
Georgia L
Kentucky W
Ole Miss W
Tennessee L
Arkansas State W
LSU L
Mississippi State W
Auburn W

8-4 at best
Thanks for the sentiment, maybe we'll get to do a home-and-home someday. We haven't had a SEC-opponent in the noncon in forever.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Danimal wrote:Thanks for the sentiment, maybe we'll get to do a home-and-home someday. We haven't had a SEC-opponent in the noncon in forever.
Gee. I wonder why? With gas prices so high, no way will they take their bus more than 200 miles.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

IndyFrisco wrote:Well, with a new coaching staff, I'm not sure how this team is going to play this year. By that, what scheme they will have. McGee is a senior, very experienced. Sherman historically has like the passing game though. McGee has been solely used as an option style QB. So, my predictions are going to assume Sherman utilizes McGee as a run first QB but with a little more passing than Fran used.

8/30 Arkansas State 6:00 PM W - Slaughter
9/6 @ New Mexico 5:00 PM W - A&M on the road typically is a bad thing. I see this being a squeaker even though we should kill them.
9/20 Miami (Fla.) 6:00 PM W - Payback from last year. Kyle will be the difference.
9/27 Army 6:00 PM W - We won't take this game lightly this year. This will be a beatdown. Sherman being hailed at texfags.com
10/4 @ Oklahoma State* TBA L - Road game. Decent team. We lose by 2 TDs. Sherman doubted by many at texfags.com
10/11 Kansas State* 1:00 PM W - Sherman rights the ship. A&M by 3 TDs. He ain't so bad says texfags.com.
10/18 Texas Tech* 1:00 PM W - Oh my...we finally beat tceh. We're BCS bound. Sherman could be THE MAN says texfags.com.
10/25 @ Iowa State* TBA W - rollin rollin rollin. 7-1 baby! XII championship game, here we come says texfags.com!
11/1 Colorado* 1:00 PM W - Could it be? Sin, texfags.com
11/8 Oklahoma* 1:00 PM L - 59-14 Damn. As long as we beat t.u. Yours truly, texfags.com
11/15 @ Baylor* TBA W - 5 OT. Basketball payback. 9-2 and a win in Austin. Hope OU loses next week! - texfags.com
11/27 @ Texas* 7:00 PM L - 35-34 after leading 31-7 at the half. Sherman should get fired! texfags.com

Alamo Bowl - A&M vs. Purdue - L - 38-14. I heard we're going after Bill Cower! Sin, youknowwho

If we end up 9-4 in Sherman's first year, I won't be dissapointed. ANything less than 8 wins will be a huge dissapointment.
Sin,
Frisco
I can't honestly see the 9-3 regular season. ATM has the fewest returning starters in the con. The rest of the south will be improved with the only likely win IMO being Baylor. Miami should be improved in Shannon's sophomore year. But you couldn't ask for a better draw against the north, that will help. You'll be implementing new systems on both sides of the ball. The switch to the WCO is a tough transition, especially with a qb like McGee. As you said a big key will be whether Sherman does a Callahan and tries to implement his full-on WCO in the first year with a run-oriented qb or he goes with a more collegiate-style ground-oriented attack more likely to get W's.

I'd say no better than 8-4, which is nothing to sneeze at in a transition year.

But I do like your chances against Purdue, even in Tiller's last game they are a soft team at-heart. Pound it at them, make it a dogfight, and you should eke out a W.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Miami brought in some impact players and an excellent class.

they should be greatly improved.

hurrigangstas will be on the hunt!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Adelpiero wrote:Miami brought in some impact players and an excellent class.

They also ganked KU's DC.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Danimal wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:Miami brought in some impact players and an excellent class.

They also ganked KU's DC.
Bill Young is a good coach. he did a respectable job at OU under Blake. as bad as those teams were, they were still fairly salty on D for a 3,4,5 win teams. amazingly, Blake had two pretty decent DC's in Young and drawing a blank.....DC'd at KSU with Snyder, blitzed a lot, very physical D's....and was just canned at SMU.....brain fart.

Young also recruited Oklahoma for KU and they had 3-4 Oklahomans starting for them last year.

edit: Phil Bennett.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Wasn't Rex Ryan the DC under Blake for a bit?

After looking it up, yep, in 1998.
that's right, i forgot about Rex. maybe i'm wrong in my post above in something.

after a little research, it appears Bennett was the secondary coach at OU and not DC. he sure did a nice job at KSU. they knocked the snot of Heupel and Nate Hybl. and I remember them dominating UT in Austin, just blowing up plays left and right putting Applewhite on his back.

on the subject of SMU, their website says they are going back to the vintage white helmet with the red "pony" logo. which i think is a nice move.

edit: like when UW wore the purple helmets, the SMU blue headgear never really looked quite right.

Last edited by King Crimson on Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

King Crimson wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:
Wasn't Rex Ryan the DC under Blake for a bit?

After looking it up, yep, in 1998.
that's right, i forgot about Rex. maybe i'm wrong in my post above in something.

after a little research, it appears Bennett was the secondary coach at OU and not DC.

on the subject of SMU, their website says they are going back to the vintage white helmet with the red "pony" logo. which i think is a nice move.

edit: like when UW wore the purple helmets, the SMU blue headgear never really looked quite right.

3 different jersey's...gay.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!