Your Teams Record This Season

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Your Teams Record This Season

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

just for you Adel...

tOSU romps through their schedule...they plunger fuck USC and we hear schumck talk about how the refs fucked them even though the score was 31-13...OSU then rolls through the 10 culminating in the Vest baptizing Dick Rod with a butt fucking in the mouth at the shoe to the tune of 27-10...(oh by the way I won the FUCKING MICHIGAN lottery bitches...got 2 tickets at 65 apiece)...

then OSU gets another 50 day layoff to play either OU or UGA...UGA gets in and OSU hears again even though they plungered USC who finished up with 1 loss...how they are slow and can't compete...

tressel says fuck this shit...let's his dogs hunt and OSU gang rapes Richt and UGA to the tune of 43-17...

or something like that...

yeah OSU is going undefeated that is what I really wanted to say...

discuss...
M Club
el capitán

Re: Your Teams Record This Season

Post by M Club »

hardly. the fact you have a meh qb is going to catch up to you. the michigan game will be close this year.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Initial thoughts on Michigan...I see them going 4-0 in the non-conference. Notre Dame will be a good test on the road but they'll prevail. Their first 5 conference games are against Wisconsin, Illinois, Penn State, Michigan State and Purdue...all teams likely headed to bowl games. I think they go 3-2 to start conference play after that tough stretch. They'll be 7-2 leading into the winnable games against Minnesota and Northwestern. Going into THE game in Columbus at 9-2...the Buckeyes will be playing for a spot in the national title game. Wells will run for 150-200 yards and they'll beat the Wolverines by two touchdowns. The Wolverines will finish 9-3 in RichRod's first season and make an appearance at either the Capital One Bowl or the Outback Bowl as the third or fourth place finisher in the Big Ten. A respectable debut for the new regime with next year taking a step forward and being one of the favorites to win the conference. I think finishing in the top 4 this year is a reasonable expectation.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I think realistic best case scenario, MSU is looking at 8-4. Without putting too much analysis into it just yet, I see losses coming at home vs Ohio St, a high scoring upset @ Northwestern, @ Michigan, and @ Penn St.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

08/30/08 vs. Illinois TV St. Louis, Mo. Win Juice won't be loose, Washington is huge from HB position
09/06/08 vs. Southeast Missouri State Columbia, Mo. Win FG to win in 5th OT ( :Meds: )
09/13/08 vs. Nevada Columbia, Mo. Win Should be a high scoring game
09/20/08 vs. Buffalo Columbia, Mo. Win For christs sake, Buffalo?
10/04/08 at Nebraska * Lincoln, Neb. Loss Not because of Bo or Pink Shirts, MU doesn't win there, Show me!!!!
10/11/08 vs. Oklahoma State * Columbia, Mo. Win this is like Tech games, Okie st cant stop MU, Mu makes 2 stops
10/18/08 at Texas * Austin, Texas 50/50 They can beat Tejas, will they? not likely, this is still GP
10/25/08 vs. Colorado * Columbia, Mo. Win wonder if the geniuses will try man to man coverage again, sin #9
11/01/08 at Baylor * Waco, Texas win Damien Nash comes back to run for 180 before half
11/08/08 vs. Kansas State * Columbia, Mo. Win Thank you for Ron Prince, another beat down
11/15/08 at Iowa State * Ames, Iowa Win but who knows, they lay a turd in Ames every 2 years
11/29/08 vs. Kansas * TV Kansas City, Mo. (Arrowhead Stadium) Redleggers got lucky with shit schedule, back to reality and camerohead beatdown

10-2 at worst 11-1 at best. dave c and ebberflus are still the oc/dc coords, no way they can game plan to win both big games, they are piss poor. big games their idiocy shows.

then big12 title game, then New Years day bowl.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i can't bring myself to predict a record or game by game. and, i never pick a W or an L against Texas. just no way to know. ain't the way that works on the second week in October. and i'm not sold on OU's LB's and i think Bradford may struggle a little this year. I sure would like to see them hand the ball off to Chris Brown more. Murray has a lot of flash and the homerun ball, but he gives you 3rd and 9 for every time he gives you 3rd and 2.

need to be a better road team before i start to get real excited, IMO.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Adelpiero wrote: 10/25/08 vs. Colorado * Columbia, Mo. Win wonder if the geniuses will try man to man coverage again, sin #9
i can't even begin to believe that D-1 coaches came up with the game plan last year for CU to 1. not pressure Daniel and 2. play man.

Hawkins wants to read Siddhartha out loud to you but (outside OU choking their guts out in Boulder) his and his staff's game day coaching has been very weak IMO. in another thread i predicted he's gonna need to replace these WAC coordinators he's got.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

King Crimson wrote:
Adelpiero wrote: 10/25/08 vs. Colorado * Columbia, Mo. Win wonder if the geniuses will try man to man coverage again, sin #9
i can't even begin to believe that D-1 coaches came up with the game plan last year for CU to 1. not pressure Daniel and 2. play man.

Hawkins wants to read Siddhartha out loud to you but (outside OU choking their guts out in Boulder) his and his staff's game day coaching has been very weak IMO. in another thread i predicted he's gonna need to replace these WAC coordinators he's got.
it was funny, daniel and christainsen were watching game film and said, woah, colorado plays a lot of man, i likey. Colorado media and fans took that as you suck, blah blah, Daniel is cocky. it was just an observation, and he said he was salivating(getting maclin one on one with a corner???). Honest response, CU and their fans got pissed, they came out in man to man, and Maclin is still running free.

you flood the zones, get pressure with4, send a lb, and daniel is eating it or forcing it. they refuse to go to the run. i stil lsay if they tried to run as they did in 4th vs aTm and against Arky, they get a chance to win big12 title game. stupid ass plays to try and force the pass, DC is a horrid offensive coord. daniel is the reason he looks good, the kid grew up running the sytem. bring in another Dragon QB and it could be the same!!!

If teams go to flooding the zones with 6 or 7, you dont firce the underneath, the LB's are waiting for it! any tipped pass is an INT.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Sun, Aug 31 COLORADO STATE at Denver 5:30 p.m.
This one could be a rare blowout in a normally competitive series, with CSU making a coaching change and Hawk entering his 3rd year. (W)

Sat, Sep 06 EASTERN WASHINGTON BOULDER 1:30 p.m.
I suppose I should know better than to look past an FCS team, but I don't see any way the Buffs lose this one. (W)

Thu, Sep 18 WEST VIRGINIA BOULDER 6:30 p.m.
First big test of the year. In what is becoming typical Hawkins-era football, Buffs fall behind early, rally back at the end, but come up short. (L)

Sat, Sep 27 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla. TBA
With nine days to prepare, the Buffs pull off a stunning road upset. Nolesy is spared the humiliation of wearing a pro-CU sig because I forget about our bet again. (W)

HOMECOMING
Sat, Oct 04 *TEXAS BOULDER TBA
After playing two of the toughest back-to-back OOC games in all of CFB this year, the Buffs finally get a Homecoming cupcake with... Texas? Who the hell makes these schedules anyway? (L)

Sat, Oct 11 *Kansas at Lawrence, Kan. TBA
Meh. One-year wonder. (W)

FAMILY WEEKEND
Sat, Oct 18 *KANSAS STATE BOULDER TBA
Family Weekend turns out to be the party that Homecoming never lived up to. (W)

Sat, Oct 25 *Missouri at Columbia, Mo. TBA
Chase Coffman catches a kicked ball on 5th down to cap off a wild victory for the Tigers. (L)

Sat, Nov 01 *Texas A&M at College Station, Texas TBA
Fans dress up like they're in the military and fornicate in the stands. Buffs roll. (W)

Sat, Nov 08 *IOWA STATE BOULDER TBA
Buffs surpass last year's win total with two games left to play in the regular season. (W)

Sat, Nov 15 *OKLAHOMA STATE BOULDER TBA
CU gets caught looking ahead to Nebraska. (L)

Fri, Nov 28 *Nebraska at Lincoln, Neb. 1:30 p.m.
The Buffs remember to play defense in the first half this year and the game is never in doubt. (W)

8-4 seems reasonable for Hawkins' third year. If Darrel Scott comes out of the gates strong and the new hurry-up offense works like it's supposed to, nine wins isn't out of the question.
Last edited by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Keys, woman!"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

not with hawkins as the starting QB
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Jsc810 wrote:LSU could lose 3 games ...

Aug. 30 Appalachian St.
Sep. 6 Troy
Sep. 13 North Texas
Sep. 20 @ Auburn
Sep. 27 Miss. State
Oct. 11 @ Florida
Oct. 18 @ South Carolina
Oct. 25 Georgia
Nov. 1 Tulane
Nov. 8 Alabama
Nov. 22 Ole Miss
Nov. 28 @ Arkansas
no opinions on the record for the other 37 teams you follow?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i don't see CU winning both at KU and ATM.

with a Tech/Snyder type schedule, this is a 8-9 win Buff team. instead you get West Virginia and FSU. as is, 6-7 wins works enough to keep the Hawk myth alive in Boulder.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Adelpiero wrote:not with hawkins as the starting QB
disagree. i think Cody's a decent QB. and i think he'll have a very good career. he's no super savior like Chase Daniel, the greatest football player of all-time.
"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

King Crimson wrote:
disagree. i think Cody's a decent QB. and i think he'll have a very good career. he's no super savior like Chase Daniel, the greatest football player of all-time.
daniel is a system qb

cody is not good

if i was an opposing DC, everytime i see cody at the helm, i salivate , he's bringing Ints and poor qb play
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Adelpiero wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
daniel is a system qb

cody is not good

if i was an opposing DC, everytime i see cody at the helm, i salivate , he's bringing Ints and poor qb play
He was a freshman last year. Unless your name is Sam Bradford, freshman QBs tend to make some mistakes. I don't think he's ever going to be a Heisman contender, but I think he can be a solid QB. We'll see, I guess...
"Keys, woman!"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Adelpiero wrote:daniel is a system qb
What exactly does this annoying buzz phrase mean anyway? Doesn't every qb play in a "system?" If you played without a system you probably wouldn't be very good. Is the implication that a system qb can't improvise or go no huddle ala Peyton Manning?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:daniel is a system qb
What exactly does this annoying buzz phrase mean anyway? Doesn't every qb play in a "system?" Is the implication that a system qb can't improvise or go no huddle ala Peyton Manning?

he's been playing in the spread since he was in 8th grade

they brought in the offense for him. not because it was the in thing, it was solely for him. the spread. the system he's been using for 4 years of highschool and 4 years at MU.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Well, whatever gets the job done. He may not go high in the NFL draft, but that's pretty unimportant as far as CFB discussion goes.

edit: fuck, I was being ignorantly generous. Will he even be drafted at all? He ain't a big dude.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Well, whatever gets the job done. He may not go high in the NFL draft, but that's pretty unimportant as far as CFB discussion goes.

edit: fuck, I was being ignorantly generous. Will he even be drafted at all? He ain't a big dude.
4th=6th round

maybe
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

mgo

take a look at the offense, the oline have literally 3-4 yard splits between each other. as they did at SLC.

he is a "system" qb.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Got it. I'm just wondering what diff it makes? The goal is to advance the ball and score TDs. He's doing pretty well at it.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Got it. I'm just wondering what diff it makes? The goal is to advance the ball and score TDs. He's doing pretty well at it.
they spread the oline, so he can see.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Anyway, I'm thinking most qbs not bound for the NFL are "system" qbs. If you're not versatile in all areas then a system should be structured around your strength(s). Nothin wrong with that.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

08/30/08 vs. Illinois TV St. Louis, Mo.
09/06/08 vs. Southeast Missouri State Columbia, Mo.
09/13/08 vs. Nevada Columbia, Mo.
09/20/08 vs. Buffalo Columbia, Mo.

the last 3 are pitiful. and you guys backed out of playing Iowa a couple years ago if i recall. Pinkel is a real Snyder style go getter. pad the wins. though, you guys get to see Turner Gill again.
"
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

We will lose 11-12 games on our way to another national championship.
Sin,
M200L
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Aug. 30, 2008 Coastal Carolina - embarassing matchup, blowout win.
Sept. 6, 2008 Oregon State - squeaker win. PSU doesn't really gameplan for opponents, so OSU will shock some folks for 3 quarters.
Sept. 13, 2008 at Syracuse - squeaker win. PSU sucks on theroad early in the season. I think Syracuse will be awful.
Sept. 20, 2008 Temple - squeaker win. Temple is really improving under Golden, but they just don't have the depth.
Sept. 27, 2008 Illinois - loss. Illini should be solid this year.
Oct. 4, 2008 at Purdue - squeaker win. PSU usually has their number.
Oct. 11, 2008 at Wisconsin - loss.
Oct. 18, 2008 Michigan - loss.
Oct. 25, 2008 at Ohio State - loss.
Nov. 8, 2008 at Iowa - win. PSU will salvage a little dignity here.
Nov. 15, 2008 Indiana - win.
Nov. 22, 2008 Michigan State - win.

4 loss seasons are PSU's current baseline. One of the squeaker wins could easy be a loss. There are many who believe this is Joe's last year...a 5 loss season would probably be hard for him to survive.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Awww......what the fuck.....I'm feeling homerish.....

12-0

GO HAWKS!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I'll play.

S06 SAN DIEGO STATE After last season's debacle, a season-opener against traditionally a second-division team from a non-BCS conference could be just what the doctor ordered. No excuses for losing this one -- Weis should be summarily fired if that happens. W

S13 MICHIGAN Both programs are at a bit of a crossroads, so this is a tough one to call. Based on last year, it looks like Michigan doesn't have as far to go to get where they're going as ND does. L

S20 @ Michigan St. Another tough one to call. Sparty has been a tough out, at a minimum, for us in recent years, and Dantonio seems to be a good fit for them. On the other hand, there is the series trend: visiting team is 7-0 since 2001. On a hunch, I'll give this one a L

S27 PURDUE Tiller already has announced this will be his final season, so that should be good for a slight motivational lift in a rivalry game for Purdue. However, the series trend favors ND (home team 9-3 since 1996, ND has lost at home only once since 1974 in this series), and you have to go back to 1968 for the last even year that ND lost to both Sparty and Purdue in the same season. W

O04 STANFORD Harbaugh has this program improving, but they still have a little way to go. ND's current 6-game winning streak is the longest in series history. W

O11 @ North Carolina Another improving program, and Davis is a helluva coach, but I don't think they have enough to win here. Caution: potential trap game if ND somehow manages to get to this unbeaten. W

O25 @ Washington A game ND can't afford to lose, considering who Washington's coach is. A bye week preceding this game will be a bonus for Weis and his staff. W

N01 PITTSBURGH Wannstedt is a terrible coach who gets more chances than he deserves every place he goes. W

N08 @ Boston College Fredo got hit hard by graduation, but somehow always finds a way to beat us. L

N15 @ Navy (Baltimore) Paul Johnson left for Georgia Tech. Navy doesn't catch lightning in a bottle twice. W

N22 SYRACUSE SU should be playing out the string under Robinson by this time. W

N29 @ Southern Cal I can't predict a win here in good faith. Maybe 2009 is when the streak ends. L

By that analysis, I come up with 8-4, but anything between 5-7 and 9-3 wouldn't surprise me.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Texas is young and needs to replace at the skill positions. We lost Jamaal Charles and Limas Sweed on offense. We have some pretty good back up with Vondrell McGee and Fozzy Whitaker at RB. Whitaker is the wild card. He was a stud at Pearland in HS and rushed for over 3,000 yars his senior year. He is smallish but is a blazer and many say he runs like a guy who is 220. We will see. Malcolm Williams should take over for Sweed. The biggest question is the defense. Muschamps should bring attitude back to that side of the ball. This team reminds me of the 2004 team. We have good DL and LB's but the secondary is a question. We will problaby start 3 fresh or sopph's in the secondary. With that said......

August 30th Florida Atlantic.....cupcake....Horns roll...59-3

Sept 6th at UTEP.....W.....45-12

Sept 13 Arkansas......W.....This is the first of 3 hate games.......Petrino wishes he stayed in the ATL as coach BOOOM Motherfu.ker knocks those motherfu.kers out.

Sept 20 Rice.....W......Big.....

Oct 4 at Colorado......W....Texas brings the pain train to Boulder and wins easily

Oct 11 Oklahoma.....This is one game that could make or break our season. If we win....we will win the Big XII South. Lose.....Cotton Bowl.....

Oct 18 Mizzou.....W......This is in Austin. I have seen every Missou game in Austin and they do not play well there. I think that Muschamps scheme wins this game.

Oct 25 OSU.....W......We teach Coach what it feels like to get beat by The Man.

Nov 1 at Texas Tech.....50/50 on this game. I am not buying into the Tech for BSC game crap. They have no defense. They will score points. With out inexperience in the secondary....I see a potential loss.

Nov 8 Baylor......W.....but Baylor will be better. Art Briles is a good coach and the bears will be in a bowl next year.

Nov 15 at Kansas......W.....I do not thik they will repeat their antics from last year.....Everyone will take them serious.....and beat them

Nov 27 Texas A&M.....W....back to Thanksgiving night. This is how the game was meant to be played. I see an epic beating for the aggies. Think 1996.....50-15.

I see 11-1 or 10-2. This is a team that needs to get confidence early. If they do that they will win the Big XII south. If not.....long season and we start looking forward to 2009.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Well, with a new coaching staff, I'm not sure how this team is going to play this year. By that, what scheme they will have. McGee is a senior, very experienced. Sherman historically has like the passing game though. McGee has been solely used as an option style QB. So, my predictions are going to assume Sherman utilizes McGee as a run first QB but with a little more passing than Fran used.

8/30 Arkansas State 6:00 PM W - Slaughter
9/6 @ New Mexico 5:00 PM W - A&M on the road typically is a bad thing. I see this being a squeaker even though we should kill them.
9/20 Miami (Fla.) 6:00 PM W - Payback from last year. Kyle will be the difference.
9/27 Army 6:00 PM W - We won't take this game lightly this year. This will be a beatdown. Sherman being hailed at texfags.com
10/4 @ Oklahoma State* TBA L - Road game. Decent team. We lose by 2 TDs. Sherman doubted by many at texfags.com
10/11 Kansas State* 1:00 PM W - Sherman rights the ship. A&M by 3 TDs. He ain't so bad says texfags.com.
10/18 Texas Tech* 1:00 PM W - Oh my...we finally beat tceh. We're BCS bound. Sherman could be THE MAN says texfags.com.
10/25 @ Iowa State* TBA W - rollin rollin rollin. 7-1 baby! XII championship game, here we come says texfags.com!
11/1 Colorado* 1:00 PM W - Could it be? Sin, texfags.com
11/8 Oklahoma* 1:00 PM L - 59-14 Damn. As long as we beat t.u. Yours truly, texfags.com
11/15 @ Baylor* TBA W - 5 OT. Basketball payback. 9-2 and a win in Austin. Hope OU loses next week! - texfags.com
11/27 @ Texas* 7:00 PM L - 35-34 after leading 31-7 at the half. Sherman should get fired! texfags.com

Alamo Bowl - A&M vs. Purdue - L - 38-14. I heard we're going after Bill Cower! Sin, youknowwho

If we end up 9-4 in Sherman's first year, I won't be dissapointed. ANything less than 8 wins will be a huge dissapointment.
Sin,
Frisco
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

LOL, Indy. i love Texags. one of those would need to say "the WC is BACK!"*, however. :D

*though, admittedly, you guys have had two of the worst DC's back to back in Torbush and Darnell.
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

texfags makes me more ashamed of being an A&M fan than what most of you think the Yell Leaders should make me feel. I would post at a t.u. message board supporting their team before I would ever post at texfags again. Unbased chat is not allowed there. Fukk them.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Cougs are faced with their easiest schedule in years, but it could be one year too late with the departures of Anthony Alridge and Donnie Avery. However, the new coaching regime headlined by new head coach Kevin Sumlin has me thinking this offense will still be one of the tops in C-USA. The defense returning 8 starters helps a lot too. They did reload with some good young talent in Isiah Sweeney and Brice Beal on the offensive side of the ball. Terrance Ganaway with his good frame (6' 220) has the ability to help the Coogs control the clock. Keenum's athleticism at the QB position gives the offense a dual threat at the helm, but Blake Joseph's rocket arm and better passing accuracy minimizes mistakes on passing downs. If Sumlin can work both of these guys in without screwing with their confidence, then the Coogs should have a big season with the soft schedule that lays ahead...

08/30/08 vs. Southern - Easy win
09/06/08 at Oklahoma State - could be the only blemish on the season, however, they played Oregon and Bama tight on the road last year.
09/13/08 vs. Air Force - a shootout of mass proportions, but the Coogs win it in the 4th.
09/20/08 at Colorado State - defense will come up big in this one.
09/27/08 at East Carolina - Keenum and Gannoway rush for a combined 200 yards
10/09/08 vs. UAB - Joseph and freshman phenom Sweeney hook up for 2 scores
10/18/08 at SMU - Coogs force 4 turnovers and win on a late FG
10/28/08 at Marshall - Over before it started
11/08/08 vs. Tulane - Easy win
11/15/08 vs. Tulsa - late touchdown pass to EJ Smith clinches the division
11/22/08 vs. UTEP - Win
11/29/08 at Rice - a battle on the ground will have UH pulling out a heartbeaker in the final minute

11-1
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Notre Dame is hard to figure out right now. The tone of the season will come in the first two games. Light up SDSU with a balanced mix of running and passing, Weis really did see the light and is allowing Heywood to call the plays. Beat SDSU with a heavy slant in favor of passing yards vs. rushing, Weis is still calling the plays or has considerable influence on what is being called. Close game against SDSU, 7-5 type of year, give or take a game. Lose to SDSU, Steve Orsini/Rick Chryst will be on the phone with potential candidates for the Notre Dame coaching job. Breaking it down how I see it:

09/06/08 vs. San Diego State - SDSU lost their entire front 7 from last season. ND should be able to run and establish some confidence going into Michigan. I expect a 35-13 type of game. 1-0
09/13/08 vs. Michigan - I think this will be close for a bit, but I think ND will win in the end. Outside of 2006, UofM struggles at ND and they will be breaking in a new QB and an entire new system. While the spread option will keep ND off balance for awhile, I think ND's defense will be able to bring pressure with Tenuta's blitz schemes. UofM will either be playing a walk-on, a true freshman, or a kid that Tenuta saw all year long in practice. Either way, I think it works to ND's advantage. 2-0
09/20/08 at Michigan State - This game will be interesting. Both teams play well in the other's stadium's, and I don't think Hoyer is a very good QB at all. The problem is that I think Ringer could gash ND for some big runs. At best, this is a toss-up for ND. 2-1.
09/27/08 vs. Purdue - Tiller built a huge lead against a horrible ND team last year and almost pissed it away. 3-1.
10/04/08 vs. Stanford - I think Harbaugh can build a solid program here, but he just lost his DC to UofM and still has a ways to go. 4-1.
10/11/08 at North Carolina - Davis is building a good program and is an excellent college coach. I think this will be a toss up as well. 4-2.
10/25/08 at Washington - Lockler is the only reason Willingham is still at UW and scares the shit out of me. But, he has no WR's with any experience and knowing how Willingham recruits OL, I think ND will have the edge. 5-2.
11/01/08 vs. Pittsburgh - McCoy may be the best running back in the country, and will be the best RB ND faces. I think he will have a huge game against ND. Good thing for ND that Wanny is dumber than a box of hair. 6-2.
11/08/08 at Boston College - ND never plays well at BC. But they lost Ryan along with a host of other players. Toal is back, so their defense should be solid. Their best team in recent memory really struggled with ND last year. I don't think Jagoff is that great of a coach, but this is still a toss-up for ND. First toss-up they win, 7-2
11/15/08 vs. Navy - Paul Johnson is gone, and so is that stupid streak. 8-2.
11/22/08 vs. Syracuse - Awful, 9-2.
11/29/08 at USC No explanation really needed, although I am looking forward to my annual back and forth with Meds. 9-3.

Obviously, that's through Blue and Gold glasses, but I believe the low bar should be set at 8-4, perhaps 7-5 if you call Michigan or Purdue a toss-up.

8-4, I think ND is headed in the right direction. That should help them have a top 7-10 class, and keep the program headed in the right direction.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Wanny is dumber than a box of hair.
:lol:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wisconsin gets Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State back-to-back-to-back, but the two tougher games are at home. Same with Illinois, which offers a chance for payback. Fresno will be a tough game on the road and Bucky will be starting out with an unproven QB, but the running game will be strong as always and the defense should be solid. Probably 11-1, 10-2 a possibility. Should be in New Year's Day bowl. Again.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Goober McTuber wrote: Fresno will be a tough game on the road
You can put this game in the loss column for Wisconsin.

Check my prediction in a couple of months.

As far as CAL is concerned:

If Kevin Riley starts, then CAL has a chance to win the PAC 10 and capture their 10th straight MNC...

... if Nate Longshore starts, then also ran status again for sure.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

8/30 fucko.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

09/06/08 vs. Western Carolina.......W
09/13/08 vs. Chattanooga............W
09/20/08 vs. Wake Forest ............L......still missing players Wake will beat us again
09/27/08 vs. Colorado.................W.....defense dominates this game
10/04/08 at Miami.....................W.....fuck miami
10/16/08 at North Carolina State.....L.....Thursday Night Game...FSU always loses on Thurs Night
10/25/08 vs. Virginia Tech............W.....No meltdown this year FSU wins a close one
11/01/08 at Georgia Tech.............W.....Rivalry renewed, I hated that they separated GT and FSU.
11/08/08 vs. Clemson..................L......Got to give tommy the win. Tommy owns Bobby
11/15/08 vs. Boston College..........W......BC back to being BC without Ryan
11/22/08 at Maryland..................L.......FSU will prob go into meltdown mode and lose the last two reg season games and lose a bullshit bowl game
11/29/08 vs. Florida...........................If FSU wins this one, I could care less about the rest of the schedule.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Killian wrote:09/13/08 vs. Michigan - I think this will be close for a bit, but I think ND will win in the end. Outside of 2006, UofM struggles at ND and they will be breaking in a new QB and an entire new system. While the spread option will keep ND off balance for awhile, I think ND's defense will be able to bring pressure with Tenuta's blitz schemes. UofM will either be playing a walk-on, a true freshman, or a kid that Tenuta saw all year long in practice. Either way, I think it works to ND's advantage. 2-0
michigan struggled at notre dame under carr, definitely. part of my frustration with him was the way he'd shit his pants for the notre dame and osu game. it's fine to respect tradition, but he treated those games like bo was still in charge and the game would come down to whoever made less mistakes rather than how you're supposed to win games with the forward pass; namely, by scoring more points than your opponent.

while i definitely prefer for dick rod to embrace most of michigan's football traditions, i do hope he somewhat disregards the importance of notre dame and osu in such a way that he doesn't curl up on the fetal position when playing them. carr was such a wimpy piece of shit. he'd bring an offense into the osu game averaging 700 yards/game passing and think, oh no, osu: i better run off tackle every single play. carr was reverent to the point he became deferential. i doubt you'll see michigan struggle at nd stadium for the reasons they have in the past. they might lose, which is fine as long as it's not b/c they're playing scared.