Your Teams Recruiting

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Re: Your Teams Recruiting

Post by Cicero »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:Goddamn Saban is trying to send a guy who's committed to 'Bama on Jones' trip to Norman to try and talk Jones out of going to OU. :D

More power to him if Stoops is dumb enough to let it happen...
We still need someone to get the ball to him. Bradford will probably be what turns Jones in y'all's direction.
I think you're right.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

How quickly the media and others move on from gossip. All those worries from the Music Class scandal have gone to the way side. All the smack spewed from T-Dumbass and others, turns out to be worthless. We are going to miss some players on Defense for the first 2.5 games of the season, but after that we should be fine.
We lost a couple players after the scandal, but gained others and are about to finish out one hell of a class..
How a team can continue to pull in this type of talent while being mediocre for 7 straight years I don't know. Either way, I'm elated with our class of 22 right now and there looks to be a few more lofty additions on the way.

Maybe some day we Nole fans will see this turn into W's...but as I've said before...you need more than talent. Coaching is what really matters...it is paramount for FSU to start posting more W's, otherwise...the recruiting will start to lose out as well.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

So nebraska defensive coaches had temp tatoos put on their arm with Will Comptons name and the black shirt logo to woooooh the kid to stay at Nebraska.

How fucking gay, seriously, and as i said before the Compton shit got over hyped, he wouldnt break Depth Chart for LB at MU next season. He would be a red shirt and get some time in 2010 possibly. He will get PT immediately at NU.

i still say he is overrated as a LB, but could be a great FB.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:

Your obsession with the SEC is fucking hilarious, dude.
ESPN reported that schools in other conferences were guilty of violations?

No... but Yahoo does. :twisted:
Stanfordhoo said that USC and its coaching staff was guilty of violations or that some convict said Bush took a bunch of money that he can not prove he ever made before giving to Bush?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Adelpiero wrote:So nebraska defensive coaches had temp tatoos put on their arm with Will Comptons name and the black shirt logo to woooooh the kid to stay at Nebraska.

How fucking gay, seriously, and as i said before the Compton shit got over hyped, he wouldnt break Depth Chart for LB at MU next season. He would be a red shirt and get some time in 2010 possibly. He will get PT immediately at NU.

i still say he is overrated as a LB, but could be a great FB.
Typical

Dude is overrated when you miss and a future-star when you hit? :meds:

Ya win some ya lose some. Hell, the way kids are you might get him yet. But if you don't then take it like a man.

After a rough start to recruiting in the Bo-era this is good news. After the rash of decommits local chicken-littles and the competition were going on-and-on about how screwed we were. But things are picking-up nicely, especially on the defensive side, where we need more help. We won't have a killer class but will be plenty solid. Plus the staff has recommitted to pushing the walk-on program, that already looks to be bearing fruit.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

he is overrated

several of the recruiting guru's have said as much

he isn;t a starting LB. a FB, he could be a monster.

here is how it end up, and why i knew he would stay with NU commit:
NU=Playing time in 08
MU=redshirt

Gabbert might not end up being a good fit, but a local kid who runs the spread might end up being the starter in 2010. 55tds 6 ints same formation, same spread offense. hell of an arm and accuracy.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

Oh God the recruiting services said so...wow it must be true.

:hfal:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote: Interesting tidbit on Jones from this weekend:

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2008 ... 97538/1090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Julio has left the building
A week ago, the Gators were feeling pretty good about their chances of landing Julio Jones, the nation's No. 1 wide receiver prospect from Foley, Ala. But the positive vibes quickly disappeared on his visit to Gainesville this past weekend.

Things were going so badly that the UF coaches told Jones to leave early.

Word is that Jones was trying to do some recruiting for Oklahoma during his stay in Gainesville. Jones visits Oklahoma this weekend, a good indication that maybe he's going to be a Sooner. Alabama has been considered the leader for Jones for quite some time, but it appears Bobby Stoops is going to pull this coveted prospect out of the state.

Heard about that. Looks like he's yours. Congrats. You got a good 'un.

Whoops! This just in:

http://gatorsports.com/article/20080124 ... 06662/1016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Correction: Jones not sent home
print 11:32 am, January 24, 2008
In a Thursday recruiting story, The Sun inaccurately reported that All-America wide receiver Julio Jones was sent home early from his University of Florida visit by the coaches and that Jones, who is from Foley, Ala., was recruiting for Oklahoma while he was in Gainesville.
Sources confirmed Thursday that Jones, in fact, stayed for his entire visit and had not done any recruiting for another school. The Sun regrets the errors

Speaking of Reggie Bush: That tape of the con talking to Reggie's stepdad ain't gonna make USC too happy. :lol:

This is just getting weird with this kid.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Frank Beamer's growth wrote:Oh God the recruiting services said so...wow it must be true.

:hfal:

these same guys said Chris Brooks was soft not top WR in missouri, way overrated!.

i hear he might make scout squad this year for nebraska. he'll, you had to offer his girl a scholly also to get him. Nice job!
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

Yeah just like your 4 stars studs
Chase Patton
Kyle Riggs
Jerrill Humphrey
Josh Barbo
Damien Nash
Darrell Jackson-only 3 star but I remember the hype-in jail for banging a 13 year old.
They all panned out well. Just saying they are wrong more than they are right and you helped prove my point with Chris Brooks.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Papa Willie wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:

Your obsession with the SEC is fucking hilarious, dude.
ESPN reported that schools in other conferences were guilty of violations?

How many times have you seen me post that they ALL do it? ALL fucking schools, dumbass. ALL of them. Some (cough, cough USC) just do it more than others.....

I fully expect Auburn does it. Why can't you admit that USC does it?

Im sorry you can not see the difference between some convict trying to give a kid already at a school money so the kid will leave the school and go pro and a school and its boosters trying to give kids money to come to their school and then that schools administartion giving them free grades at classes they never attend so the kids can continue to play for the school.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

How does Pete Carroll have to know about a house one of his players parents are living in 100 miles away even though it was just a regular old tract home
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

SoCalTrjn wrote:How does Pete Carroll have to know about a house one of his players parents are living in 100 miles away even though it was just a regular old tract home
I can guarantee you Weis knows where everyone of his players parents are living. Believe it or not, most schools have compliance staff working for them and aprise the coach of anything that might even smell fishy. If a player's parents up and moved, they would make damn sure they knew about it. When Jim Clausen decided to pack up his family and move to Indiana, Weis knew about it and made sure nothing illegal was going down with the house.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

not to mention michigan basketball got shit hammered for basically the same thing.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Not sure how much is true but according to Rivals last night Texas had their inhome visit with Darrel Scott and he informed them that he is Texas bound.

At this point all I can say is that I will believe it when his sig is on the dotted line. I don't for a second believe this is over.

BTW it looks like Skippy has tried to get involved in his recruitiment but it might be too little too late.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Look for Petey to cut and run.

Redskins, Falcons, who knows. If the heat gets turned up too high, he's gone ala Lou Holtz every stop on his pathetic tour.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Back on topic
The Trojans are having a pretty down year in recruiting. The average rating per player is still one of the highest but they still only have about 15 commits and 1/3 are o linemen which was a desperate need for USC. USC will still get a few names that people will think they are not a player for, TJ Bryant being a good possibility, Jerrell Harris and Nicholas Perry as well
The 2009 class is shaping up great, USC already has the nationas best player this year (though still an 11th grader) heading to up the road to play for the Trojans. Joining Barkley at USC in the 09 class are Kevin Graf, TJ McDonald, Morrell Presley, Marquis Simmons and Devon Flournoy. Manti Te'o will be a nice addition to the 09 class
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

What I'm hearing out here in Utah is that Te'o is BYU bound. He has a pretty strong relationship with Bronco Mendenhall and is 100% set on going on a 2 year mission for his church.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

winning with 1/4 of your team on missions is tough as hell. How noone came in and swooped Mendenhall away from BYU is beyond me. He can flat out coach!

ps vito check your pm
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Adelpiero wrote:winning with 1/4 of your team on missions is tough as hell. How noone came in and swooped Mendenhall away from BYU is beyond me. He can flat out coach
I took my oldest son to the TCU/BYU game this year. After watching the game and reading some of the things coming our of BYU fans; I'm now a believer that those guys have one hell of a coach. All you have to do is look over the roster to know that even the Air Force Academy probably has more talent than BYU.

Right now he is ripe for the taking if he gets the right offer in the next few years, but the longer he stays he is going to be harder to steal away. He is in Lavell Edwards shadow and will always be while there but there are lots of people that can see how good of a coach he really is.

Beyond the X/O part of it which he obviously has down; the thing I like about him is the level he expects from his athletes. When his team goes to a bowl game they are required to perform community service in that community. I would have paid to see Chris Simms doing community service while he was at Texas, same with Roy Williams and Cedric Benson. After all the crap that went on at Texas this last season I've become much more sensitive to the conduct of student athletes off the field. I guess I'm getting old but I was very embarrassed with what I saw this year from Texas players. I guarantee you I'm not the only one either, most of the Texas Exes I spoke with were pretty disgusted as well.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Sudden Sam wrote:Well, my Sooner friends, we got him. Don't know if it's as big a deal as everyone thinks, but Julio's ours.

We shall see if his presence warrants all the attention he's gotten.

http://alabama.rivals.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He has been the most talked-about in-state recruit in perhaps the history of Alabama recruiting but has probably had less to say about his college options than anyone in recent memory. On Signing Day in front of television cameras from all over the country, Foley five-star receiver Julio Jones made his decision.

I was in the barber shop gettin' the ol' locks trimmed when ythis flashed by. Looks like we made quite a haul. Still waiting to hear about Jerrell Harris, LB.

Miami had a shitload of top-rated LBs sign. Damn!
I'm just glad Texas doesn't have to face him for the next 3-4 years
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Bama's got the top class thusfar per rivals.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/te ... sp?SID=880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michigan is ninth having not recieved a LOI from McGuffie yet. Also whoever lands Pryor will obviously move up a couple spots. Pretty nice start for RR, holding together a strong class of Carr committs, and strealing a couple late signees.

edit to add.....

Late signee 4-star RB Mike Shaw helps out if Sam M. decides to bail. Not really worried about the backfield positions as UM always has a fine stable of RB's.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

We finished up excellent. Ranked #7 per Rivals. Boy that music class really did us in! Where is TREX when you need him?

Next year when we are 7-6 we can all listen to ESPN say, there just isn't top notch talent at FSU anymore...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Prattville High School shut him down twice the last two years in the playoffs, but I don't think anyone else ever did.
GREAT get Sam... Guess we are just going to have to settle for the other 3 top 15 Wide outs we signed in the class. :mrgreen:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Alrighty then...

Strange saga: Although he apparently was not contacted nor offered a scholarship by Cal, a player committed to the Bears in a ceremony at Fernley High (Nevada) on Friday, according to wire-service reports. It is unclear whether Kevin Hart, an offensive lineman, fabricated the whole thing, was duped by a Tedford impersonator or fell victim to one of a bevy of other conspiracy theories circling recruiting Web sites and chat rooms.

Hart, his family and coach have refused comment, and Cal can't comment on prep players. A number of investigations, from criminal to fact-seeking, have commenced, but the lone reported and recurring fact is that neither Cal, nor Oregon, which Hart claimed as his second choice, offered a scholarship. He also claimed to be recruited by Oklahoma State, Washington and Nevada.

Getting trolled by M2 is no way to go through life, son.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Texas has a very solid class but doesn't have the difference maker we wanted. Still nothing to sneeze at we got the top DBs we wanted and 3 solid olinemen. We also got the WR we wanted, so we came away with everything we needed.

The big misses were OT Good and RB Scott

Big hits: DB Brewster, Monroe, Williams, Wr Hales, Grant, and Buckner, DT Humphrey, and olinemen Buchanan and Snow.

Look for the star power to come in the 2009 class with Texas currently leading for 4 of the top 20 players in the country (according to Rivals).

http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

ND is #2 per Rivals right now and still in the running for Milton Knox, who's supposed to be announcing momentarily. I'm not sure if we move up to #1 if we get him.

Btw, 32 recruits? Jeebus, Sam, what on earth did you guys do?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: Btw, 32 recruits? Jeebus, Sam, what on earth did you guys do?

Dude, it's Bama... do you really want to know?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

A school is limited to just 25 new scholarships a year, how many of Bamas players are gray-shirting?

Bama, Miami and Fla State all have over 30 signees
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Well, it's not like Bama is looking at the Death Sentence if they get caught fucking up again any time soon, so I wouldn't worry abou....

Oh.

Good luck with that, Bamafan. With such a beacon of honesty and integrity at the helm, there shouldn't be any problems.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Very happy with our class. We needed to address size on both sides of the line and we did that. We needed to get some DB's and getting Baker away from Auburn was sweet. Landing B.J. Daniels was a nice get for us as well.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Vito Corleone wrote:What I'm hearing out here in Utah is that Te'o is BYU bound. He has a pretty strong relationship with Bronco Mendenhall and is 100% set on going on a 2 year mission for his church.
been hearing the same thing about Uona Kaveinga for months. Maybe Pete stuck his head in a top hat and told a story for his freind to write down as a hidden gospel of 6 lb 8 oz jesus.
So will Manti like Rey Rey and Lofas #58 jersey or Troy and Kalukas #43? or will he want 55?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:ND is #2 per Rivals right now and still in the running for Milton Knox, who's supposed to be announcing momentarily. I'm not sure if we move up to #1 if we get him.

Btw, 32 recruits? Jeebus, Sam, what on earth did you guys do?

Didnt Chet have some huge pissfest presser a year or so back about kids not knowing what the word commitment meant and now cheesesteak is trying to get kids like Knox and Moore to break their word? Irony, Weis is thy name
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I don't think getting Mendenhall away from BYU will be easy, he has strong ties there and could take considerable grief from those in the church if he were to bolt. But he is a quality coach I wouldn't have minded seeing he 'skers go after.

As far as Neb's recruiting goes, we did OK considering we had a coaching change and the new staff was selling something considerably different than the last one. We were #21 in Scout.com and #30 in rivals. We did make a couple stretches, offering guys that should've been no-more than greyshirts, hopefully they'll work-out. I think we'll recruit well once these coaches have the opportunity to really build relationships with recruits and get things going on the field again.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?