Your Teams Recruiting

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Your Teams Recruiting

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

As we head toward NLOI day...how is your team faring...

I know tOSU still have ships available for Pryor, Josh Jenkins and some FLA studs...they have a very strong class of which the OL is the cornerstone

Michael Brewster
JB Shugarts
Mike Adams

then you throw in Sabino top rated LB out of Miami, Lamaar Thomas out of MD, and a very good LB out of PA in Andrew Sweat and this has the makings of a top 5 to 10 class depending on the last few commits. I like what JT is doing here as well as in Ohio with DeVier Posey and Stoneburner...

thoughts on your classes...U MICH fan looks like the race is on for Pryor...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: Your Teams Recruiting

Post by Killian »

Suprisingly, ND is putting together their best class in over 10 years. Out of all of the kids who have committed, they have only lost one (DT Omar Hunter). Granted, he was likely the most important player in the class, but it's nothing short of amazing that they have held this class together given their season. Most of the credit lays on the shoulders of Corwin Brown and QB recruit, Dayne Crist.

They have 3-5 scholarships left, and their main targets are:

ATH Chris Harper
OL Kenny Page
RB Cyrus Grey
DT Mike Martin
ATH/DB Thaddeus Brown

Their class is outstanding at QB, WR, TE, OG/C, DE, OLB, S. CB and RB is average, RB would be listed in the previous group if they land Grey. OT is a concern, especially LT. DT is great on numbers, would be outstanding with either Hunter or Martin.

The most impressive player, and the one who will play the earliest, is WR Michael Floyd. I would bet that he will be a starter by week 3, and be the top recieving threat by season's end.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I don’t worry too much about it. Wisconsin doesn’t typically pull the 5-stars, occasionally gets a 4-star, but whatever they get, the coaches seem to mold them into a pretty decent team. One good thing about it is we don’t often have guys leaving early. They need all four years (often in addition to a redshirt) to get that good.

So take your little elitist dick-measuring contest and go fuck yourself.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Killian

Post by Killian »

Serious question Goob, how is Lance Kendrick panning out?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

FUCK YOU GOOBS... :lol:

actually two of the best WR's in Wisconsin history came out of the high school that is in the city right next to my hometown...Lee Evans and Chris Chambers...
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Its going to be VERY difficult replacng Donny Avery and Anthony Alridge during the offseason for the Coogs. But they have started with some promise:

Isiah Sweeney is probably just as fast as Alridge and Avery. He will be one hell of a player to watch if he can handle getting hit from bigger DBs. He has great hands and is a good route runner. Very exciting kid to watch.

Depauldrick Garrett - he hasn't committed yet, but he would be a great complimentary back for starter big backs Terrance Gannoway and Javon Davis. Garrett is more like Jones-Drew, undersized but with tremendous power from his lowerbody.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Killian wrote:Serious question Goob, how is Lance Kendrick panning out?
I believe they had high hopes for him as a WR, though I don't know that he ever cracked the three-deep this year, even with all of the injuries. I've heard nothing about him, though he's an interesting combination of size and speed. Maybe he got dinged up.

I believe he may be the best triple-jumper on the track team.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote: The biggest recruiting battle OU faces right now is keeping Curtis Lofton from making a huge mistake and declaring for the NFL draft.
Huge Mistake 1
OU 0
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Killian, I've seen Thaddeus Brown play a few times. He's a good high school back, but nothing real special. Milton Knox is twice the back Brown is and for that matter Ryan Zirbel from Saugus High School is better. More explosive, stronger, better quickness. Don't get me wrong, Brown is a good back but not what ND needs. Maybe a lower tier D-1 program.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Pretty happy with CU's class so far. We landed two of the best LBs in the country in Lynn Katoa and Jon Major. They also landed Shaun Mohler, a 4-star juco OLB. Got a nice OT in Bryce Givens to complement our crown jewel of last year, Ryan Miller. Ray Polk is a 4-star HB from here in the PHX area, although he didn't look too amazing from what I saw of him in the state championship game.

I'm still crossing my fingers on Darrell Scott. He'd be the most-highly regarded HB recruit at CU since Marcus Houston (although we all know how well that turned out). With Hugh Charles and Byron Ellis both graduating and no heir apparent, he could definitely end up starting as a true frosh, which apparently is important to him. If Scott comes to CU, he would be the kind of marquee recruit that could make a lot of kids in the 2009 class curious about what Hawk has going on in Boulder.

Also hoping to land 4-star safety EJ Woods. If CU somehow landed both of those guys plus a few more 3-star guys, they could end up with a Top 10 or 15 class. Right now, they're hovering in the 20-25 range, which I'll gladly take at this point in Hawk's tenure.
"Keys, woman!"
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

FSU is having a really good class. 20 commits to this point including 2nd best Qb in the nation(Manuel)and the top LB(Bradham). FSU's LB class is second only to Miami and they are getting two of the best JUCO prospects in WR Surrency and RB Pressley. Surrency will start and Pressley will split carries w/ Antone. I love the Defensive class to this point but I am hoping they can also land Luiget and Lerente McCray. The one position they have struck out on so far is Safety since Holton de-committed and went to Miami. Still in the running for two top flight OL(Jenkins and Sanders) although I think Jenkins is a tOSU lock. They are still in the running for Julio Jones which would make this class a Top5 if they land him.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Laxplayer wrote:Killian, I've seen Thaddeus Brown play a few times. He's a good high school back, but nothing real special. Milton Knox is twice the back Brown is and for that matter Ryan Zirbel from Saugus High School is better. More explosive, stronger, better quickness. Don't get me wrong, Brown is a good back but not what ND needs. Maybe a lower tier D-1 program.

how much lower tier than 3-9 can you get?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The Trojans only have 14 commits right now and have really been addressing their needs at O line with 5 big young kids comng in.

Im not sure how many more schollies they have left but they should have quite a few as it seems every year they only bring 17-19 guys when I see other schools consistently signing 24 to 26

A few more that I think will wind up at USC are
Vaughn Telemaque
Jurrell Casey
and Id like to see
Omar Hunter
Jerrell Harris
Nicholas Perry
and
T.J. Bryant

there is also a JCWR that SC hasnt offered yet that may be able to step in and help right away named
Attrail Snipes

I think Carroll will make a good push at the end of this month and get a few kids other schools may think they have wrapped up as well as a good chunk of tht list up above, if it comes down to it, he can just introduce them to some agents and get them some free hotel rooms
Killian

Post by Killian »

Laxplayer wrote:Killian, I've seen Thaddeus Brown play a few times. He's a good high school back, but nothing real special. Milton Knox is twice the back Brown is and for that matter Ryan Zirbel from Saugus High School is better. More explosive, stronger, better quickness. Don't get me wrong, Brown is a good back but not what ND needs. Maybe a lower tier D-1 program.
They were looking at Brown more as a DB, but it looks like they will have to pass on him and Knox because of test scores.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

SEC schools have an unfair advantage in their ability to tap into the “fear of flying” demographic among recruits.

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I've seen him as a DB too. Same thing. There are better out there. Good football player who will make some program very happy just not the caliber to play at ND.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Goober McTuber wrote:SEC schools have an unfair advantage in their ability to tap into the “fear of flying” demographic among recruits.
:lol: I chuckled.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Goober McTuber wrote:I don’t worry too much about it. Wisconsin doesn’t typically pull the 5-stars, occasionally gets a 4-star, but whatever they get, the coaches seem to mold them into a pretty decent team. One good thing about it is we don’t often have guys leaving early. They need all four years (often in addition to a redshirt) to get that good.

I'm going to give you a rack for basically playing along and then pulling the rug. Now run along with your cocktail wennie while the guys with the footlongs pull out the ruler.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Texas has a solid recruiting class but nothing to brag about. The big fish is Darrell Scott who we are pretty much in a dog fight with CU over. If we land Scott we will have addressed all of our needs.

Of course the biggest recruiting news is that Texas pulled Muschamp away from Auburn and now it looks like they are going to get Applewhite as well. The word is that if we bring him in it will be to groom him to take over when Davis retires.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

OSU picked up 5 more huge recruits when

Boone LT
Robo WR
Freeman LB
Jenkins CB
Laurenitis LB

all decided to stay for their senior seasons...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Goober McTuber wrote:I don’t worry too much about it. Wisconsin doesn’t typically pull the 5-stars, occasionally gets a 4-star, but whatever they get, the coaches seem to mold them into a pretty decent team. One good thing about it is we don’t often have guys leaving early. They need all four years (often in addition to a redshirt) to get that good.

Rack. When it comes to recruiting as a Spartan fan, I'm a pretty casual observer. It's tough to get excited about 2 and 3 star recruits...and the occasional 4 star. Especially when the only things I have to go by are basic statistical information like 40 yard times and bench presses. Wowee. No fancy 7 minute YouTube clips with professional editing, and whatnot.

I'm more concerned with who actually suits up on Saturdays, rather than who's being targeted to suit up.

All in all, State has done a good job of molding who they do get, and send their fair share of players into the NFL.

Really though, I just enjoy watching the games.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

you guys aren't REAL fans. I meet with Gary Pinkel once a week for coffee and discuss recruiting. His cell number is #3 on my speed dial, right after my wife and bookie.

~adel
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PSU has had a humbling recruiting season so far.

The PSU board debates have to do with the fact that the PSU staff only has a couple of full-time recruiters. Joe Paterno very infrequently gets involved these days, which should be expected of a 81+ y/o man. At that age, it is difficult to put in the travel and scheduling effort...and the reality it that he hasn't been doing that for a number of years.

The other problem is that recruits are really turning their noses up at PSU's offensive approach. Several targets that have eliminated PSU of late have mentioned this.

QB recruiting is extremely difficult for PSU right now, because Jay Paterno has a piss-poor reputation, one that he has earned with all of his might.

Pitt has been getting some good talent lately. PSU's real recruiting strength, Larry Johnson Sr., has been lining up nice prospects at DL, and Ron Vanderlinden has shown that he can get and develop top-notch LB talent. Everywhere else, there are looming weaknesses.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Believe the Heupel wrote:The three schools I've heard are FSU...

Why would he want to go there? Rumors has it there's fags on the WR corps there.

Sorry
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Lots of last minute vacillating...

I'll wait til after NLOI day and grade out Neuheisel....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Seer wrote: grade out Neuheisel....

Running Weasel over with a grader?

I hadn't thought of that yet.

RACK!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

How many Neuheisels does it take to pave a road?

Depends how thin you spread them.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Rack. When it comes to recruiting as a Spartan fan, I'm a pretty casual observer. It's tough to get excited about 2 and 3 star recruits...and the occasional 4 star. Especially when the only things I have to go by are basic statistical information like 40 yard times and bench presses. Wowee. No fancy 7 minute YouTube clips with professional editing, and whatnot.

I'm more concerned with who actually suits up on Saturdays, rather than who's being targeted to suit up.

All in all, State has done a good job of molding who they do get, and send their fair share of players into the NFL.

Really though, I just enjoy watching the games.
this pryor thing counts as my first time to have followed recruiting to any extent. well, maybe mcguffie, but only b/c he's a once-in-a-lifetime recruit [read: fast white running back] who no one will stfu about.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

M Club wrote:this pryor thing counts as my first time to have followed recruiting to any extent.

Pryor might almost-singlehandedly bring recruiting to the casual fan, once reserved only for the super-mega-diehards.

I'm just hoping that Pryor is a pothead. Oregon with the Blind Eye wins that battle every time.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Does Pryor have a #1 school at this point? Last I heard, OSU was the "front runner" but I know that's mostly speculation. I read that Pryor also had some interest in LSU, but not as much as Michigan or OSU. He canceled his visit to PSU, apparently.

Sam McGuffie...he'll be an interesting player to watch. Is he really as good as advertised, or does he just seem great because he's a white guy doing black guy things?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Does Pryor have a #1 school at this point? Last I heard, OSU was the "front runner" but I know that's mostly speculation. I read that Pryor also had some interest in LSU, but not as much as Michigan or OSU.

Dude seems like he's sitting on the fence to see which school's boosters offer him the best incentive program.

He's still got a few verbal bullshitments out there.

I haven't heard much new, but I'm not quite the Joe Recruit Watcher that some are. Hell, I don't even have a Rivals subscription.

I hear Oregon has some boosters with some deep pockets. And one of them even has the ability to illegally suggest that a certain choice might lead to a very lucrative endorsement contract should he end up in the pros.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Sudden Sam wrote:Recruiting is like a second season down here. I follow it enough to be vaguely aware of some names. I pay attention, but it doesn't mean shit really.
Concur. Many of the posters on the ND homer boards know every little thing about every player ND is pursuing. I pay some attention to it, but I get more excited about these guys after they arrive on campus.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Dinsdale wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Does Pryor have a #1 school at this point? Last I heard, OSU was the "front runner" but I know that's mostly speculation. I read that Pryor also had some interest in LSU, but not as much as Michigan or OSU.

Dude seems like he's sitting on the fence to see which school's boosters offer him the best incentive program.

He's still got a few verbal bullshitments out there.

I haven't heard much new, but I'm not quite the Joe Recruit Watcher that some are. Hell, I don't even have a Rivals subscription.

I hear Oregon has some boosters with some deep pockets. And one of them even has the ability to illegally suggest that a certain choice might lead to a very lucrative endorsement contract should he end up in the pros.
michigan's excited right now b/c pryor rescheduled his official visit for this weekend. the other two available weekends he has a basketball game, so this is technically the last one a school can lay out their entire red carpet for. i basically get all my gossip from mgoblog since it does a good job of synthesizing information from other boards so i don't have to read them. rivals? ugh..
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm through looking at youtube clips of HS players dancing through ga-ga-eyed defenses. Any 1-A prospect, like oh say Austin Scott, can look his HS competition look silly. They can then come on to campus and proceed to make nearby pillows look tough as nails.

I'm sneering at you, Austin.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I really think Pryor is a Michigan Man. Not long to wait and see now.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Dinsdale wrote:How many Neuheisels does it take to pave a road?

Depends how thin you spread them.
Why does Rick Neuheisel eat his eggs out of a bowl?

Because if they were Cheerios, he'd lose to 'em on a plate.
"Keys, woman!"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:
Hopefully we get 5* Julio Jones now for a truly truly sick WR class.
Thought Alabama had Jones, but now, with Auburn hiring Troy's offensive coordinator, methinks he may be headed to the Tigers.
Sam he sounds like he is only really considering Oklahoma and Bama now. I've heard and read multiple interviews with him on the radio and in the print media. Never have heard mention Auburn on the radio in three interviews; though I have seen him mention Allbarn in small handful of print articles. He only glosses over Florida State on the radio. All the real talk seems to migrate towards the schools wearing Crimson in all his interviews.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Sam he sounds like he is only really considering Oklahoma and Bama now. I've heard and read multiple interviews with him on the radio and in the print media. Never have heard mention Auburn on the radio in three interviews; though I have seen him mention Allbarn in small handful of print articles. He only glosses over Florida State on the radio. All the real talk seems to migrate towards the schools wearing Crimson in all his interviews.
Hey, sounds good to me. Now if only we had a QB to get the ball to him...
I rarely get excited about the prospects of four and five star recruits from outside of Oklahoma and Texas signing with OU but I am really begining to think we are going to land Julio having listened to him on the radio. I keep hearing him on the radio say he likes to win and that OU does that... I guess he doesn't watch football in January though.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

FSU has lost all its recruits and will be getting the death penatly.

Sin,
Trixie
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Pryor is making his UM visit as we speak. There will be 7 or 8 FB recruits (incl. Pryor) and a few hoops recruits at UM/Iowa hoops tilt tommorrow.

I've heard its down to UM and OSU. He's definately a guy who adds instant credibility to a recruiting class. The kind of guy that can help you land top wr's and rb's the next couple years. Kinda like Tebow/Harvin.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!