Rivals.com recruiting team rankings

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

T REX wrote:
If Ro Jo committs, who cares about Bert Reed? Honestly. That's pretty easy rationale.

Why do I have a hard time believing that was the pitch Urban made to Bert over the summer?

See you in the Swamp.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

You don't get it....Urban got burned last year. It wasn't going to happen again. We worry about ourselves not you, not others. Why should we? What was said to Patrick Robinsin last year? Guess what? I don't care. IT happens.

No one is actually a player until they sign.

We are riding the wave of a national title. What do you want Urban to do.....not recruit?

FSU fan is acting like the poor little brother and I don't get it. We took our lumps and made a great hire. I would temper your enthusiasm a tad. You shuffled the deck but the dealer(bowden) is still the same.

chief: You mention records(2003) but that's when SABAN was there, right? Coincidence? I'm sure FSU fan will say no.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

John Brown, (according to Rivals), the best true nose tackle prospect in the country, is now a GATOR!!!!!!

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Too bad he wont qualify. I dont know even know why you guys bothered. Should have saved the ship.

All reports are saying that he can't even get into prep school. He's almost a lock for JUCO. Good get b/c he is a stud, but I think that is why FSU and other schools backed off.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

T REX wrote: chief: You mention records(2003) but that's when SABAN was there, right? Coincidence? I'm sure FSU fan will say no.
I agree that Saban was a integral part of the LSU success. So using your logic, in your opinion, how exactly has the LSU team handled the departure of Saban? I wonder if he was the only good offensive mind, well, until Les Miles got there, right?

Yup, I'm sure the OC had nothing to do with it. By your logic, Jeff Bowden might as well be considered a fucking wizard.

Dude, call a spade a spade. Don't try to down play that FSU has made good hiring decisions in the last month...just because you are UF Fan. I shouldn't have to hold your hand like this.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Never said it wasn't a decent hire. But let's be honest, the guy was demoted. Period. You can't argue that fact.

Losing Kevin Steele(your RECRUITING COORDINATOR) was huge....hence your POOR showing in recruiting this year. Disagree?

TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Steele was not the coordinator, Lily is. And if you are going to drag me into your recruiting smack talk, you are going to have to wait until signing day for that.

Coming off a 7-6 season, loosing Steele, taking a large amount of Oline players and having UF own the MNC should have a significant impact on this years class.

But pulling in kids like Reed will certainly help...we will see what happens on signing day.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

TheChief wrote:Steele was not the coordinator, Lily is. And if you are going to drag me into your recruiting smack talk, you are going to have to wait until signing day for that.

Coming off a 7-6 season, loosing Steele, taking a large amount of Oline players and having UF own the MNC should have a significant impact on this years class.

But pulling in kids like Reed will certainly help...we will see what happens on signing day.
This is off of the FSU athletics site:
Steele has also earned a reputation as an outstanding recruiter. He was named the Rivals.com National Recruiter of the Year in February for his work in helping Florida State land a 2005 signing class ranked No. 1 nationally by some recruiting services.
I apologize if I got it wrong.

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Going into 2008 supposedly tOSU is in on some major OL prospects...a couple have them as the leader...(SC Crosses his fingers)...

well for me it is onto Spring Ball recruiting is what it is...time to move on to find replacement for Ginn, Gonzo, Pittman, etc...oh the HORRAH...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Going into 2008 supposedly tOSU is in on some major OL prospects...a couple have them as the leader...(SC Crosses his fingers)...

well for me it is onto Spring Ball recruiting is what it is...time to move on to find replacement for Ginn, Gonzo, Pittman, etc...oh the HORRAH...
Brewster is one of them. Stud.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

yeah I have read a bit on the guys...Brewster some kid named Schugarts out of Texas...Adams kid from Ohio...be nice to land 2 or 3 of them to start off right...

plus if I read it correctly the #1 overall prospect...yeah I don't put much stock into that (see Mike D Andrea)...is supposedly listing tOSU as his leader Tyrelle something or other...

good lord I have become a recruiting junkie...
Killian

Post by Killian »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:yeah I have read a bit on the guys...Brewster some kid named Schugarts out of Texas...Adams kid from Ohio...be nice to land 2 or 3 of them to start off right...

plus if I read it correctly the #1 overall prospect...yeah I don't put much stock into that (see Mike D Andrea)...is supposedly listing tOSU as his leader Tyrelle something or other...

good lord I have become a recruiting junkie...
I think Shugarts is leaning to Texas or UofM.

Yeah, I know waaaaay too much about 17 year old boys. And you can put that in a sig!
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Trojans class is starting to fall apart, Wilson changes his commitment, Warren goes to Michigan, Green is waffling, Jones drops USC and now Austin and McKnight may stay closer to home and USC is in desperate need of WR
with Green USC has 6 scholarships to go, 7 without
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Trojans class is starting to fall apart, Wilson changes his commitment, Warren goes to Michigan, Green is waffling, Jones drops USC and now Austin and McKnight may stay closer to home and USC is in desperate need of WR
with Green USC has 6 scholarships to go, 7 without
I guess DW wasn't a "lock" as trojan fan said...

We're even picking your pocket... with 2 of the top 4 running backs in the state, that you guys wanted. One of whom is the fastest high school player in the state of CALifornia.(Jahvid Best)

The other one who isn't far behind in speed and may end up playing cb for us.(Shane Vereen)

What makes me most happy is that we have one of the best OL recruiting classes in the country.

We didn't do as well on the defensive side of the ball, where we really need it.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I've heard McKnight has committed to both schools, should make Wednesday interesting. Also heard that Austin loves USC, but doesn't love that it's in California. Likely to end up at FSU, from what I've heard.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

With Austin, I believe USC has been out of the game for some time now. It should be down to Tenn, UNC, and FSU. Of course he'll probably pull a shocker and choose USC on the 7th.

It is so hard to tell which kids and their coaches are playing the media.

On a side note, Dionte Thompson is visiting FSU this weekend...would be nice to replace Paige with him...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Warren went to Meatchicken for immediate playing time and a far less chance to get beat week in and week out playing the pedestrian pass offenses in the big 10.
USC has the #2 RB in the nation and the #12 and still has a shot at the #1, they can afford to lose Vareen and Best who were both ranked down around 20 or so. Plus USC has that kid coming in next year.
USC's o line will be fine they have 2 players ranked in the top 10 and had a third bvefore he switched to Florida, but Pete is in Florida at his house now trying to get the kid back. O'Dowd and Coleman are both huge pickups.
Trojans have been stacked at LB but they still took 3 of the Nations Best in this class including one who showed in the AAA game that he is the best player in the nation.
McKnight and Austin are what USC need to put a nice cap on this class, Jones I think is gone, USC needs to get Thompson and Paige as WR is one of the spots that they needed to get some bodies in. i would have liked for them to take one of the 2 top JC WR's in California this year but they didnt go after them.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

It seems like Petey never goes after JC players???

I still don't understand how SC ever loses a single game? Hell, they should be beating every team they play by 30 points or more and if they don't it should be an embarrassment to the program and the coaching staff.

The Trojans are basically made up of a of nothing but 5* players with the rare 4* player coming in.

This leads me to believe the SC coaching staff is not as good as people think. I think a good coach(cough*Tedford*cough) and coaching staff can take a 3* player and make him a 4* and take a 4* and make him a 5* player.

For USC to lose to Oregon State and UCLA with the talent they have is absolutely embarrassing.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

420 wrote:It seems like Petey never goes after JC players???

I still don't understand how SC ever loses a single game? Hell, they should be beating every team they play by 30 points or more and if they don't it should be an embarrassment to the program and the coaching staff.

The Trojans are basically made up of a of nothing but 5* players with the rare 4* player coming in.

This leads me to believe the SC coaching staff is not as good as people think. I think a good coach(cough*Tedford*cough) and coaching staff can take a 3* player and make him a 4* and take a 4* and make him a 5* player.

For USC to lose to Oregon State and UCLA with the talent they have is absolutely embarrassing.
you know what's pretty fucking embarassing, ass-spelunker? lying about not only going to cal, but being offered a scholarship to UCLA.

your whole existance is a fucking embarassment.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

perhaps the problem with 5star players is that they are harder to motivate than the 3 and 4 star kids.
Other than the Rose Bowl vs Texas where Young went Superman, USC has pretty much ass fucked every non conference foe in every big game for about 5 years now. It has been the road games vs teams that werent supposed to put up much of a fight that the Trojans have sort of limp dicked it in.

So now that those tree hugging hippies in feCal have blocked all the of the football facility upgrades, how long before tedford is in Eugene where they actually care about the sport?
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
So now that those tree hugging hippies in feCal have blocked all the of the football facility upgrades, how long before tedford is in Eugene where they actually care about the sport?
It's just an injunction, and Sandy, Tedford, and everyone else pretty much expected it to go down that way.

It goes to trial in the spring and it's not about the freaks in the trees so much as it's about the Hayward fault line. The HPC isn't being built on the fault line so it shouldn't be a problem winning this one, but it does set back building about a year for the HPC and the retrofit of Memorial.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

heard some indian dude put his teepee next to some oak trees and said that those noble trees weremuch more important than feCals football program
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

SoCalTrjn wrote:heard some indian dude put his teepee next to some oak trees and said that those noble trees weremuch more important than feCals football program
Yeah, I think the fucker is running for Mayor also. I love Cal, but I can't stand the people running the city of Berkeley.The people that own homes on Panaromic Hill aren't helping things either. I think the city is trying to squeeze money out of Cal for some projects that they want but don't have the money for.

The hippies keep saying the oaks have been there longer than the country has been a nation... when in reality, everyone of those trees except 2 were planted after Memorial was built. The University planted the trees, not the city, and it's on campus.

The thing is... Cal was/is going to plant 3 trees for everyone cut down. Fuckin' hippies!
Killian

Post by Killian »

Believe the Heupel wrote:OU picked up a big commitment for 2008 at junior day today. Justin Johnson, the top RB in Texas and possibly the nation next year, handed Bob Stoops this letter:

"Coach Stoops,

Thank you for the opportunity of a lifetime and chance to fulfill my dream. To you, your staff, my future teammates, and the Sooner nation…

I hereby commit myself to this creed and the 2008 Sooner football recruiting class.

Boomer Sooner!!!

Justin Johnson (Bus1)"

He also left room on the letter for the signatures of several other players.

I love this kid.
Interesting. It looks like the state of Texas may be open to have some of it's top players taken. ND leads for junior WR Dan Buckner.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Believe the Heupel wrote:OU picked up a big commitment for 2008 at junior day today. Justin Johnson, the top RB in Texas and possibly the nation next year, handed Bob Stoops this letter:

"Coach Stoops,

Thank you for the opportunity of a lifetime and chance to fulfill my dream. To you, your staff, my future teammates, and the Sooner nation…

I hereby commit myself to this creed and the 2008 Sooner football recruiting class.

Boomer Sooner!!!

Justin Johnson (Bus1)"

He also left room on the letter for the signatures of several other players.

I love this kid.
In all fairness, he has been an OU lean for the last year. Top running back? I think that Jermie Calhoun will have something to say about that. Texas recruited Johnson as a LB. He looks to be better on the defensive side of the ball. We shall see. Definetly a nice pick up for OU.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Johnson is the cousin of sooner receiver Manuel Johnson so him going to the sooners was almost a given. Texas recruited him as a linebacker and my guess is he will be the best linebacker recruit when it is all said and done.

RJ Washington right now is calling himself a soft commit so we shall see how he looks after other come calling.

Mack has not even started recruiting for 2008, the only reason Fran and Bubba have started is because they have gotten their asses handed to them this year they threw in the towel and started on next year.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Tomorrow is make or break time for the Noles 07 recruiting class. We are in on some big time players. Can the new staff reel them in? Or will the smack talk of TREX ring true?

Warchant is reporting Marvin Austin to Butch Davis and UNC and also that Noel Devine will commit to West Virginia??
Those would be a couple of shockers to me.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

As far as FSU goes, getting Bert Reed yesterday was a great pickup. He will be a good slot WR.

I think UNC will get Austin. He loves the limelight and he has been drinking the Butch Davis koolaid in large doses. He will be a big fish in a small pond.

I think FSU gets Devine, Brandon Paul, Jerry Howard and Deonte Thompson tomorrow. All 4 and 5 Star kids.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Sudden Sam wrote:
I sure hope either FSU or West Virginia get Devine's sig. I don't want him at Bama no matter how good he is. What an embarrassment that would be for Saban.
I must be out of the loop on this...why would that be an embarrassment for Saban? Regardless, I'm pretty sure Alabama is safe :)
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Totally understand. In recent years FSU has been torched by these types of kids.

Here's to hoping Devine is different and that he picks FSU. Hopefully Deon can steer this kid right.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

Right now the Ducks are #11 on the Rivals.com listing and #8 on Scout.com board.
We will see tomorrow....we are in real ned of defensive help...especially in the secondary and I dont see a lot of that in this class so far.
Still those numbers are pretty high for Oregon...
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Travis Lews (AAA LB, San Antonio ****) has switched his commitment from Nebraska to Oklahoma. :D
11th hour switch...Big Red Auto have more openings?
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Noel Devine just committed to West Virginia. Great pickup. If he qualifies, he is going to blow up.

So much for being loyal w/ the kid from the beginning.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

quacker backer wrote:Right now the Ducks are #11 on the Rivals.com listing and #8 on Scout.com board.
We will see tomorrow....we are in real ned of defensive help...especially in the secondary and I dont see a lot of that in this class so far.
You've had a shitload of commits, is why you're so high. You guys have done great on defense, but your overall * rating is 3.14.

Not that * ratings mean that much in every case...

Exhibit A: re $Cs recruiting rankings

Kid boosted from 2 to 3 stars within HOURS of SC showing interest.

The regional analyst who awarded the two stars, a thoughtful man who works hard. He defended his actions Sunday, explaining that he had never heard of Henderson until last week, when the champion hammer thrower announced he was rethinking his commitment to WSU and taking an official visit to Troy. At that point, the national analyst said, he decided to look at Henderson's tapes.
Killian

Post by Killian »

420 wrote:
quacker backer wrote:Right now the Ducks are #11 on the Rivals.com listing and #8 on Scout.com board.
You've had a shitload of commits, is why you're so high. You guys have done great on defense, but your overall * rating is 3.14.

Not that * ratings mean that much in every case...

Exhibit A: re $Cs recruiting rankings

Kid boosted from 2 to 3 stars within HOURS of SC showing interest.

The regional analyst who awarded the two stars, a thoughtful man who works hard. He defended his actions Sunday, explaining that he had never heard of Henderson until last week, when the champion hammer thrower announced he was rethinking his commitment to WSU and taking an official visit to Troy. At that point, the national analyst said, he decided to look at Henderson's tapes.
Kinda like Aaron Corp going from a 3* to a 5* after he commits to USC, and now he's the #3 QB in the country.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

^^

I agree Killian. I think Corp is overrated. I think since he signed , people who never saw him play are assuming that he must be all world if he signed USC.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

UNLV #98 out of 123 schools. no not embarrassing at all.

At least we aren't Richmond.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Or maybe they just saw Corp completely outclass Clausen at the Cal HS State Championships and shine in every all star game he has played in.
Corp commited to USC in May of last year, he didnt become a 5 star player or the #3 QB until January after he was seen playing amongst the best and 8 months after giving Pete his verbal.
Thats OK if you want to sit some 2000 miles away from Southern California HS Football and pretend to know whats going on based on press clippings. Everyone out here who watches games week in and week out now how good Corp is.

As for the article m200l posted, sounds an awful lot like sour grapes on the Coug fans side, maybe they should stop worrying about SC's recruiting and try worryingabout the Cougars actually showing up and playing in their marquee OOC games
Killian

Post by Killian »

Corp wouldn't have gotten a second fucking look had he committed to any other school but USC. He recently became the #3 QB, but he shot up at least one star less than a week after Clausen gave Petey the bird.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

FSU just got a commitment from Rivals100 4 Star OL Antwan Greenlee.