Let's talk recruiting

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Devlin, ALE and Taylor all verbaled today. This is pretty astounding.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

OFFENSE:
QB Nate Allen, 6-2/185, Cape Coral
QB Alwan Lee, 6-0/170, Miami Booker T. Washington

RB Keeley Dorsey, 5-11/207, Tallahassee Lincoln
RB Aston Samuels, 5-10/190, Belle Glade Glades Central

C Kevin McCaskill, 6-0/287, Tallahassee Godby
OT Hector Hernandez, 6-4/256, Naples
OL James Boger, 6-4/295, St. Petersburg Dixie Hollins
OL Zach Hermann, 6-3/310, Tarpon Springs East Lake

TE/OL Jeff Ide, 6-6/255, Bradenton Manatee

TE Andrew Ketchel, 6-5/215, Fort Walton Beach Choctawhatchee

WR Carlton Mitchell, 6-0/190, Tampa Gaither

DEFENSE:
DE Joseph Jackson, 6-4/205, Miami Booker T. Washington
DE Craig Marshall, 6-4/206, Fort Walton Beach Choctawhatchee
DE David Fonua, 6-2/250, Bradenton Southeast
DE/TE Josh Smiley, 6-3/230, Milton

DL James Jackson, 6-1/260, Tallahassee Lincoln (2004)
DL Aaron Harris, 6-5/250, Williston
DL Frank Harry, 6-3/285, Poplarville (Miss.) Pearl River CC via Ainge, La. Varnado
DL Leslie Stirrups, 6-1/275, Tampa Hillsborough

LB LaBrandon Glover, 6-2/215, Pensacola
LB Robert Spann, 6-1/200, St. Petersburg High
LB Alonzo McQeen, 6-0/199, Jacksonville Lee

DB Jerrell Young, 6-1/205, St. Petersburg Gibbs.
DB/WR Dylan Douglas, 5-10/170, Jacksonville Jackson

KS Delbert Alvarado, 6-2/185, Tampa Robinson

Our biggest needs are at OL, DL, and LB. I like the way this class is shaping up so far, especially in adressing the needs we have. If we can land Javaris James and Daron Rose, then that will be a huge boost for this class.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

PSUFAN wrote:Devlin

I live 3 minutes from Downingtown High School. I am not an alum of the school but I know the town is crazy about this kid. It's nice to see he'll stay in-state and give the ole f' you to Miami.

I'm not as famliar with PSU's depth at the QB position. I assume he won't see any action till at least his Soph year?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Michael Robinson might have been the last of the PSU QBs to be awarded the position, regardless of who is behind him or what happens in practice. Don't get me wrong, MRob was a good leader for the team in '05 and played really well, but there was no chance that competition would have unseated him.

I think they'll play things differently now at PSU. They have Anthony Morelli, who is very talented and has spent two years in the system already, and they have Pat Devlin coming in.

I imagine that Devlin won't redshirt, that he'll see some action throughout the season. If AM is injured, they'll need to have someone step in and play well. I think the offense has matured to the point that they can't put a totally subpar QB on the field and try and get away with it, which they did as recently as 2001. Devlin will be on a crash course, and from what I understand he's every bit up to the task.

PSU is stinking with WR talent now, and the QB will have to be able to get these guys the ball.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
BuddyFramm
Crack Whore

Post by BuddyFramm »

I don't pay much attention to recruiting to be honest. I pay attention to them once they officially become Huskies. The highlight of Washington's class is Jack Locker, a QB out of Ferndale, WA. He is one of four four-star recruits that have committed to the Huskies. I know Scout has UW ranked 31st and Rivals has us ranked 44th. Certainly not the rankings I'd be satisfied with long-term but given our three wins over the last two years, those rankings probably aren't that bad. There are a couple of high profile players who are still highly considering the Huskies. If they were both to commit then Coach Willingham would have himself a very nice recruiting class.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

BuddyFramm wrote:I don't pay much attention to recruiting to be honest. I pay attention to them once they officially become Huskies. The highlight of Washington's class is Jack Locker, a QB out of Ferndale, WA. He is one of four four-star recruits that have committed to the Huskies. I know Scout has UW ranked 31st and Rivals has us ranked 44th. Certainly not the rankings I'd be satisfied with long-term but given our three wins over the last two years, those rankings probably aren't that bad. There are a couple of high profile players who are still highly considering the Huskies. If they were both to commit then Coach Willingham would have himself a very nice recruiting class.
A Husky fan, eh? Welcome. How did you hear of this board?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Killian wrote:A Husky fan, eh? Welcome. How did you hear of this board?
I echo the question.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

RTS bought a new computer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sweet. I'll let him get acclimated before Ducksfan tears into him. I can only speak for myself, but I'm guessing the Duck contingent is salivating over the idea of a Husky fan to beat up on.

Since if I was of a mind to get mean, I'd say something like "yeah, I'll bet you don't sweat it until they sign the LOI....Sincerely, Jonathan Stewart."

But he needs to acclimate first.

Awesome to see a noob.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

you guys have heard of trolls havent you?
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yeah, but c'mon...who would even stoop to trolling as a Husky fan?

I'm pretty sure I'd troll as a gay Islamic jihadist before I took on a Husky fan persona.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Dinsdale wrote:Yeah, but c'mon...who would even stoop to trolling as a Husky fan?

I'm pretty sure I'd troll as a gay Islamic jihadist before I took on a Husky fan persona.
Change "Husky" to "Hurrigangsta" and the above would be accurate for me.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh, I'm a Hurrihater, as well.

But for me, there's two deciding factors at work here:

A) They're my team's archrival

B) Many of you may not know this, but it was in fact Huskyfan that brought the blight to the face of the planet known as "the wave," which has been polluting stadiums full of retards for over 2 decades now. So the next time you're at a game and are thinking to yourself "what fucking idiots came up with this stupid 'wave' thing that serves no other purpose than to have some asshole bump into me and make me spill my $6 beer"...well, now you know. Thank Huskyfan. They still do that shit, too.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Dinsdale wrote:Oh, I'm a Hurrihater, as well.

But for me, there's two deciding factors at work here:

A) They're my team's archrival
I thought that was Oregon State.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oregon State is a main rival, but certainly not the archrival. Oregon State is going to have to get a whole lot better and have a lot more good years before they regain any sort of "archrival" status that was lost 40 years ago.

Husky fan and Ducks fan share a real, genuine, sincere brand of hatred for one another.

Reminds me of a year or two ago during rivalry week, the local sports guys got Keith Lewis (U of O) and 49ers teammate and training camp roommate (apprently Erickson did this quite intentionally) Richard Seigler on the phone at the same time. They refused to directly adress one another, and claimed they hadn't all week. The announcers asked how they could be so callous, being good friends and teammates. Lewis responded "man, up in Oregon, you have families...brothers sisters, fathers and sons who don't speak to each other during rivalry week. You think I'm going to talk to that Beaver jackass this week, think again." (or something like that). When asked about the Beavers as the archrival, Lewis answered "Huh? The Huskies are our archrivals. I'm insulted that you think a team that plays in a high school stadium could be our archrival." It was pretty funny stuff at the time...Keith Lewis was a fine plyer, but was never short of things to say. That same week, I think they got Igor Olshanski and Onterrio Smith to pile-on Nick Barnett. Good times.

But we don't have fun with the Husky rivalry -- that's serious stuff. Wearing Ducks gear in the city of Seattle at any time is taking your life in your hands (I took up for a Duckfan at the last Seahawk game I went to, since he was taking some). If you wear a Ducks shirt coupled with a Yankee hat in Seattle, you'll "meet" all sorts of interesting people.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Probably had to go to another room to get a word in with Keith around.
Ken

Post by Ken »

quacker backer wrote:you guys have heard of trolls havent you?
Yes, and it was SUCH the baiting post.
You have heard of TROLLING, haven't you?
BuddyFramm
Crack Whore

Post by BuddyFramm »

Thanks for the welcome, I think.

Sorry to disappoint but no troll here. I spend time on the Husky Scout and Rivals boards but they just really aren't my thing. There is too much emphasis on recruiting on those boards for my liking. I've lurked on several PAC 10 boards and thats how I found out about this place. It was either an Oregon or SC board that mentioned this board in a thread so I decided to check it out. I see lots of PAC 10 representation here but no Husky fans so I thought it might be a nice place to start posting. Seriously, if I were to troll as a fan of another school would I really pick the Huskies??? Trust me, anyone who claims to be a Washington fan these days is a REAL fan.

Anyway, I look forward to getting a feel for the place and contributing to the board and I get teary-eyed at the thought of finding some semi-human Ducks fans to have fun with, if they exist.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Believe the Heupel wrote: I dunno, the one time I met him (he came up to visit) he seemed like a nice guy.
Although he's an utter jackass on the field, every time I see them put a microphone in front of him, he always seemed like a pretty decent fellow. Sure can't keep his tude in check on the field (Huskyfan doesn't know anything about that, eh?).
BuddyFramm wrote:Trust me, anyone who claims to be a Washington fan these days is a REAL fan.
Do you like do the wave and stuff?
I get teary-eyed at the thought of finding some semi-human Ducks fans to have fun with, if they exist.
We were once semi-human, but too much interbreeding with Huskyfans took what little humanity was left.
BuddyFramm
Crack Whore

Post by BuddyFramm »

Not really into the wave but to each their own I guess. So, how many Ducks fans are there on this board? I've seen at least two on this thread.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

JayDuck is kind of the OG ringleader. I think that covers the Oregon contingent.

And you'll learn that when Jay calls his shot on some off-the-wall upset, he's dead serious...and always right.

I think there's a Wazzu fan here somewhere, too.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Welcome Huskieguy.

Too bad you're getting here at about the slowest time of the year. Have a good time, read more than you post and take every opportunity to lambast a poster named Babs or whatever she's calling herself these days. You'll know her when you see her.

Go Blue!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Ken

Post by Ken »

BuddyFramm wrote:Thanks for the welcome, I think.

Sorry to disappoint but no troll here. I spend time on the Husky Scout and Rivals boards but they just really aren't my thing. There is too much emphasis on recruiting on those boards for my liking. I've lurked on several PAC 10 boards and thats how I found out about this place. It was either an Oregon or SC board that mentioned this board in a thread so I decided to check it out. I see lots of PAC 10 representation here but no Husky fans so I thought it might be a nice place to start posting. Seriously, if I were to troll as a fan of another school would I really pick the Huskies??? Trust me, anyone who claims to be a Washington fan these days is a REAL fan.

Anyway, I look forward to getting a feel for the place and contributing to the board and I get teary-eyed at the thought of finding some semi-human Ducks fans to have fun with, if they exist.
No disappointment, here. There's enough crap trolls on this and the main board as it is.

Welcome. I'll reflect WolverineSteve's comment... it's a shame you're stopping by at the beginning of the slow season. Be on the lookout for some EPIC spring game threads in a few months though.

When you registered, you did check the 'I accept' box next to the part about hating notre dame, right? Obviously so, or you wouldn't be posting, I guess.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Does scout still have the five page Oklahoma upset thread? I thought my IQ was going to drop just reading it.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

A Husky guy just in time for March Madness? Think he can organize a friendly pool for the tournament?

Here's my ten bucks.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ken wrote:When you registered, you did check the 'I accept' box next to the part about hating notre dame, right?
I'm going to go out on a limb, and say Huskyfan knows a thing or two about hating the Hunchbacks.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

Dinsdale wrote:
Ken wrote:When you registered, you did check the 'I accept' box next to the part about hating notre dame, right?
I'm going to go out on a limb, and say Huskyfan knows a thing or two about hating the Hunchbacks.
unless his parish priest told him it was a mortal sin
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Funny recruiting bit
CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Lake Oswego standout Gabe Miller has given an oral commitment to play at Oregon State University.

Miller was named The Oregonian newspaper's Class AAAA defensive player of the year.

Miller, at six-foot-thre, 230-pounds, has played several positions, including fullback, tight end receiver and linebacker. He was also considering Oregon, California and Colorado.

But Miller says Oregon State has the tradition and he says that made a difference.
Oregon, lots and lots of bowl games. Colorado, not too many years removed from a national championship. Cal, not so "traditional," but is a team that's on the rise (and is the only team to have established a tradition of winning the championship in a 4 loss season). Oregon State -- worst team in D1 for a long, long time.

What "tradition" at Oregon State was he after, exactly? Talk about a match made in heaven...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

socal wrote:A Husky guy just in time for March Madness?
Baggetball forum is that way ------------------------>
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Back on subject...

Saw this earlier today.

Revisiting the recruiting rankings

Evaluating five No. 1 classes and picking a new No. 1

A year ago next week, Tennessee fans basked in the glory (albeit temporarily) of landing the nation's No. 1 recruiting class. This year, that honor is expected to be bestowed on Florida.

Question: Do such rankings necessarily equate to similar success on the field?

Answer: Sometimes yes, sometimes, not at all.

The best time to truly measure the strength of a recruiting class is several years later. Signing-day rankings are entirely theoretical, based on the assumption that all those "five-star" prospects will turn into college All-Americas -- and all those two-star guys the other schools signed will barely be able to put on their pads properly. Revisiting a class years later, however, often reveals that some of those five-stars never even became starters. Some flunked out, suffered too many injuries or transferred. Meanwhile, some other school's lesser-heralded recruits were busy playing their way to national championships and high NFL draft selections.

SI.com reevaluated the consensus No. 1 classes over the most recent measurable five-year period (1999-2003). Some proved to be right on the money. Others went terribly awry. In each case, we also scoured other prominent classes that year and, where applicable, crowned a "revised" No. 1 based on how it turned out.

Note: the consensus No. 1 class used for each year was the one tabbed No. 1 at the time by the majority of the following recruiting services: SuperPrep (Allen Wallace), Prep Football Report (Tom Lemming), The National Recruiting Advisor (Bobby Burton), National Blue Chips (Max Emfinger) and Scout.com (2002-03 only).

1999 No. 1: Texas
Standouts: OL Derrick Dockery, DE Cory Redding, TE Bo Scaife, QB Chris Simms, DT Marcus Tubbs

Starters: DB Rod Babers, OL Robbie Doane

Busts: DB Monti Collie, WR Artie Ellis, WR O.J. McClintock, OL Alfio Randall, RB Ivan Williams

Assessment: The presence of Simms and Redding, USA Today's offensive and defensive players of the year that season, created enormous expectations of Mack Brown's first full class, which, despite a five-year record of 50-15, was largely regarded as a disappointment. The class certainly produced some stars -- including five current NFL players -- but, in retrospect, wasn't all that deep.

Who should've been: Miami
Standouts: DB Julian Battle (All-SEC at Tennessee), DB Philip Buchanon, OL Vernon Carey, QB Ken Dorsey, WR Andre Johnson, OL Bryant McKinnie, RB Clinton Portis

Starters: DB Maurice Sikes

Busts: RB Jason Geathers, DL Marquis Johnson

Assessment: Fresh off probation, the Hurricanes were still flying somewhat under the radar at the time, and the class failed to crack most top-10 lists. Dorsey, Johnson, Portis and McKinnie became the offensive stars of Miami's 2001 national championship team. McKinnie, Buchanon, Johnson and Carey were first-round NFL draft picks, and Portis the 2002 Offensive Rookie of the Year.

2000 No. 1: Florida
Standouts: DB Guss Scott, TE Ben Troupe

Starters: WR Kelvin Kight, WR Carlos Perez, DL Ian Scott, OL Shannon Snell, OL Max Starks

Busts: QB Brock Berlin (transferred to Miami), DB DeShawn Carter, RB Willie Green, DL Darrell Lee, DB Tre Orr

Assessment: Berlin was one of the most hyped recruits in years, so his failure to win the starting job at UF and subsequent transfer to Miami forever put a damper on this class, particularly when the Gators' slide to mediocrity began shortly thereafter under coach Ron Zook. In truth, the class wasn't a complete disaster like some Florida fans remember it, but it certainly didn't live up to its billing.

Who should've been: Auburn
Standouts: RB Ronnie Brown, QB Jason Campbell, LB Karlos Dansby, RB Rudi Johnson, DB Carlos Rogers, DB Junior Rosegreen

Starters: LB Bret Eddins, FB Brandon Johnson, DL Jay Ratliff

Busts: WR Silas Daniels, DL Marcus White (transferred to Murray State)

Assessment: Campbell was the only nationally-prominent name in a class that cracked just one major top-10 list, but he, Brown, Rogers and Rosegreen were all cornerstones of the Tigers' 13-0 season in 2004, while Dansby was an All-SEC performer and Rudi Johnson, a junior college transfer, was SEC Offensive Player of the Year in his one season with the Tigers.

2001 No. 1: Florida State
Standouts: RB Eric Shelton (transferred to Louisville), WR Craphonso Thorpe

Starters: OL Milford Brown, DB Jerome Carter, DB Kyler Hall, WR P.K. Sam

Busts: LB Chauncey Davis, LB Willie Jones, OL Ron Lunford, QB Adrian McPherson, DB Dominic Robinson

Assessment: Of all the great classes FSU has assembled over the years, this one may go down as its most disappointing. Very few consistent starters emerged from the group. Robinson, considered one of the top skill players in the country that year, made very little impact, and McPherson's career was derailed by his legal troubles.

Who should've been: LSU
Standouts: WR Michael Clayton, DL Marquise Hill, DL Marcus Spears, OL Andrew Whitworth, OL Ben Wilkerson

Starters: RB Joseph Addai, QB Rick Clausen (transferred to Tennessee), DB Travis Daniels, OL Nate Livings, OL Rudy Niswanger, DE Melvin Oliver, CB Ronnie Prude

Busts: DL Brandon Washington

Assessment: The experts weren't far off on coach Nick Saban's first full class, with one No. 1 vote and No. 2 or 3 from the rest. You can't ask for much more from a class that produced nearly all the star players from LSU's 2003 national title season and several starters from last year's SEC West champs. Clayton, Spears and Wilkerson were all Parade All-Americas who lived up to the hype.

2002 No. 1: Texas
Standouts: OL Justin Blalock, LB Aaron Harris, TE David Thomas, DT Rod Wright, QB Vince Young

Starters: DL Larry Dibbles, DL Chase Pittman (transferred to LSU), DE Brian Robinson, CB Aaron Ross, OL Lyle Sendlein, OL Kasey Studdard, RB Selvin Young

Busts: WR Marquis Johnson, CB Edorian McCullough, DL Brian Pickryl

Assessment: If you watched the Rose Bowl, you know this class -- led by top-rated quarterback Young -- certainly fulfilled its prophecy, though not without some hitches. Besides Young, Wright and Blalock, the most heralded prospects in the class were Dibbles, McCullough and Pickryl, none of whom became stars. After the Longhorns won the national championship with this class in 2005, it would be hard to argue Texas didn't deserve No. 1.

Who should've been: Texas
Texas may have held the top spot, but the Longhorns weren't a runaway winner.

Close second: Ohio State
Standouts: LB Bobby Carpenter, RB Maurice Clarett, LB A.J. Hawk, WR Santonio Holmes, OL Nick Mangold, QB Troy Smith

Starters: OL Doug Datish, OL T.J. Downing, DB Tyler Everett, DB Nate Salley, DE Mike Kudla, DT Quinn Pitock, OL Rob Sims

Busts: LB Mike D'Andrea, CB E.J. Underwood, QB Justin Zwick

Assessment: No need for revision here, either; OSU was a consensus No. 2. Clarett had the biggest immediate impact, playing a huge role in the Buckeyes' 2002 title season, while Hawk, Holmes and Smith were the stars of the '05 team that beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl. Interestingly, Zwick was far more touted than Smith, and D'Andrea was rated much higher than Hawk and Carpenter.

2003 No. 1: LSU
Standouts: RB Alley Broussard, QB JaMarcus Russell, S LaRon Landry

Starters: OL Will Arnold, WR Dwayne Bowe, DB Jessie Daniels, QB Matt Flynn, WR Craig Davis

Busts: RB Barrington Edwards (transferred to North Carolina), WR Amp Hill (transferred to South Florida), S Daryl Johnson

Assessment: This class's ultimate legacy is yet to be determined, with headliner Russell among those with two seasons of eligibility remaining, but so far there haven't been quite as many breakout stars as expected. Bowe and Davis, arguably the biggest gets behind Russell, have been inconsistent. On the plus side, Daniels and Landry were freshman contributors to the '03 title team.

Who should've been: USC
Standouts: OL Sam Baker, RB Reggie Bush, OL Ryan Kalil, CB Will Poole, WR Steve Smith, RB LenDale White

Starters: OL John Drake, QB John David Booty (projected), DT Sedrick Ellis, DE Lawrence Jackson

Busts: RB Chauncey Washington, WR Whitney Lewis

Assessment: At least one service did have the Trojans No. 1 on signing day, and others moved them up after Booty signed in the spring. Amazingly, in a class with a Heisman winner (Bush), a soon-to-be first-round draft pick at tailback (White) and numerous other stars of the past two BCS title games, the most heralded prospect in the entire class was Lewis, who has yet to pan out.

Comments?
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Whitney fricken Lewis, how does a kid get through private high school without ever finding out he has dyslexia?
BuddyFramm
Crack Whore

Post by BuddyFramm »

Ken wrote:

No disappointment, here. There's enough crap trolls on this and the main board as it is.

Welcome. I'll reflect WolverineSteve's comment... it's a shame you're stopping by at the beginning of the slow season. Be on the lookout for some EPIC spring game threads in a few months though.

When you registered, you did check the 'I accept' box next to the part about hating notre dame, right? Obviously so, or you wouldn't be posting, I guess.

Thanks for the welcome. This time of year is a good time to start posting at a new board because most of the people around are the most loyal and knowledgeable fans. I look forward to contributing here. This is already a massive improvement over Rivals and Scout. The negativity on those boards is unbearable. I know we've sucked the last couple of years but damn, you'd think we were Oregon State or something. :D
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

^^^^^

Pissing me the fuck off. We need O-Line and he could start right away. We were his leader last week. Negative recruiting is a bitch.
Killian

Post by Killian »

You guys are going to get Daron Rose. And yes, negative recruiting sucks.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Antonio Logan-El did a little showboating at his press conference. Basically, he did the thing where he showed various caps, and then he ended up on PSU. The Fridge's wife was front row center, among others. After he announced PSU, there was some whooping and the like.

I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of this crap. Of course, when a kid announces for your school, you're happy, but I'm not in favor of making a big spectacle out of announcing a verbal. These kids are announcing at the ESPN Zone, for pity's sake...on live national TV. IMHO, this kind of thing will end up with fighting at a press conference.
Killian

Post by Killian »

PSUFAN wrote:Antonio Logan-El did a little showboating at his press conference. Basically, he did the thing where he showed various caps, and then he ended up on PSU. The Fridge's wife was front row center, among others. After he announced PSU, there was some whooping and the like.

I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of this crap. Of course, when a kid announces for your school, you're happy, but I'm not in favor of making a big spectacle out of announcing a verbal. These kids are announcing at the ESPN Zone, for pity's sake...on live national TV. IMHO, this kind of thing will end up with fighting at a press conference.
Yeah, I heard the Logan-El thing got really ugly, really quick. And Antonio didn't help matters, calling Fridge that mornign and telling him to hold a spot for him and wearing a black suit with a bright red tie.

Just make your fucking choice and play your five years.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Much like Rick Neuhiesel (sp?) taking the over in Gonzaga's first rounder game...

....Humor....
SoCalTrjn's Head

:wink:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

PSUFAN wrote:Antonio Logan-El did a little showboating at his press conference. Basically, he did the thing where he showed various caps, and then he ended up on PSU. The Fridge's wife was front row center, among others. After he announced PSU, there was some whooping and the like.

Logan-El calls audible, picks Penn State
Lineman had been Terps commitment

By Heather A. Dinich
Sun Reporter
Originally published January 25, 2006

Dressed in a sharp black suit accented by a Maryland-red tie, 17-year-old Antonio Logan-El sat before a television camera yesterday at ESPN Zone in Baltimore, surrounded by Maryland football fans waving red pompoms and holding Terps signs.

Highlights of his football games at Forestville High School in Prince George's County flashed on a giant screen behind him as the top offensive lineman in the state turned his college commitment into prime-time entertainment.

Logan-El first pulled a Florida cap out of a bag before declaring it wasn't the school for him and tossing it aside. Then he held up a Tennessee cap, said a few words and threw it aside.

Finally, the senior got to the Maryland cap, said a few nice words about the program he originally committed to as a sophomore and then dropped it on the floor!

And so went the jaws of the Maryland fans.

Logan-El then held up a picture of him and Penn State coach Joe Paterno and committed to playing for the Nittany Lions.

"TRAI-TOR!" one fan yelled from the back of the room.

"HA-TER!" Logan-El's mom yelled back.

Suddenly the "WE ARE ... PENN STATE" chant broke out from a surprising number of Nittany Lions fans who had discreetly mixed in among the standing-room-only Terps crowd.

Penn State has now lured seven of the top 11 players in Maryland to Happy Valley. Four-star defensive tackle Phillip Taylor from Gwynn Park High also gave an oral commitment to the Nittany Lions yesterday -albeit without a national audience.

"It was very hard, but I had to do what was best for me," said Logan-El, who is rated a four-star recruit and the top offensive lineman in the state by rivals.com. Logan-El said he didn't hear the fan call him a traitor, but said, "It shows you why Penn State was the best decision for me."

NCAA rules prevented coaches from either team from being at the restaurant during Logan-El's actual announcement, but after it was over, two assistants from Penn State's staff joined him and his family, including Larry Johnson, who recruited the 6-foot-4 guard. Offensive line coach Dick Anderson was also there.

Friedgen's wife, Gloria, was seated with a close friend of the family in a large center booth and on her cell phone through the entire announcement. As soon as Logan-El's broadcast was finished, she grabbed her coat and they were out the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The recruiting of athletes has become too much of a spectacle. No wonder some of these kids come in w/ a chip on their shoulder. Its b/c the recruting pundits make them out to be HoFers before they even play a down in CFB.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

FLW Buckeye wrote:Back on subject...

Saw this earlier today.

That seems like the most accurate way to analyze a recruiting class. As much as I get caught up in it I know it doesn't really matter.

Love the avatar.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Cicero wrote:^^^^^

Pissing me the fuck off. We need O-Line and he could start right away. We were his leader last week. Negative recruiting is a bitch.
Negative recruiting? What a fuckin' pussy you are.

Walker chose OU because OU offered him first and actually went out and visited his parents. FSU didn't. In an interview today he said flat-out that's why he chose OU.

I actually thought Bobby had gone out and visited. Hmmmm. Oh and negative recruiting isnt happening? "Well son, you know Bobby isnt going to be there by the time you graduate." All the fucking time. Maybe not Stoops, but I wouldnt put it past him.