Listen up, snowflakes! Ovechkin is rolling

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Hap Rolleyes, how about losing with a little dignity. Can you do that?

If the caps lose to the leafs tommorow...I won't be crying like you are.

...and if the caps should win...well.. they'll be tied for wins. So shut the hell up....and please stop the drivel about the leafs making the playoffs.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

So if 5-4 is a beatdown, I guess the Leafs slaughtered the Craps last night. Have fun watching the Crapitols pick first overall in June.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Try to win with some dignity, hap. Your reputation in here is shoddy to say the least....maybe everyone is right..and it's just you. Work on it.

But how about ATG?! The Toronto media was fellating him. Toronto doesn't get many full on superstars pass through.

Seeing as he has only been speaking english for about 3 months...it's better than Tiger Williams.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

The Rat Pack wrote: Your reputation in here is shoddy to say the least...
You are waaaayyy to stupid to realize how funny this is coming from you. :lol: :lol:
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

The Rat Pack wrote:Ho hum Another two ppg's for ATG. The Caps lay a beatdown on the struggling leafs.
The Rat Pack wrote:Try to win with some dignity, hap.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Without a doubt you are one of the most entertaining posters here.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

AcidQueen wrote:Smack aside for a moment:

Ovechkin is playing absolutely lights-out. If he keeps it up, especially on a dismal Crapitals team where Kolzig is the only other real talent right now, then he deserves the Calder and he should get the Calder--but I am wholly convinced that he won't get the Calder for two reasons:

1) Ovechkin's a Russkie going up against a Canadian who's been anointed as "The Next One" even though he hasn't done jack fucking shit to back it up since the season started.

2) The NHL has had Sidney Crosby's name engraved on it from day freaking one, so he'll get it unless he suffers a complete and total collapse on the ice one night and there's nothing left of him but a naked singularity--and even then there's still a damn good chance that he'll win it.

Now, I appreciate the talent that Sid Crosby has, and I appreciate his potential too--but let's be real. If Sid the Kid gets the Calder with the decidedly lackluster season he's likely to have based on his performance ~14 games in, it'll be obvious as hell that the fix is in.

Let the smack resume.
RACK!

As Rat Pack put it.. Listen up, snowflakes! Ovechkin is rolling and he's the real deal.

Crosby's got more to work with but on a level playing field, he's not at Ovechkin's level yet.
Sidney's also 2 years younger and so far, it's showing.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Tonight is the first clash between ATG and Maria's pool boy.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Go Pens!
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Go Caps!

$10 at sake here
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Good for you, Smoke. I hope you win.

I guess you had your eyes opened after Saturday's debacle.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

The Rat Pack wrote:I guess you had your eyes opened after Saturday's debacle.
:lol:
A garage league team could had beat the Habs last Saturday night. Even Ovechkin took some time off.
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

The Rat Pack wrote:Tonight is the first clash between ATG and Maria's pool boy.
:lol:

Go Caps
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

'bode for Sid the Kid...he also expands his lead in points to 5 over Ovechkin. Ovechkin is going to be a monster in the NHL...I've never doubted that...the Caps won't amount to anything until they built around him though. He'll mirror Kovalchuk and Nash's numbers...more goals than assists. I think he'll win a Rocket Richard Trophy before he wins an Art Ross. Crosby will be the greater player overall. He'll make players around him better and he should win several Art Ross Trophies. The Pens will have success before the Caps will because they've got much more around Sid. Malkin is supposed to be just as Ovechkin or better...scary to see what he does with Pittsburgh next year.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Umm Shoalzie, The Caps are starting 6 rookies this season. 11 players born in the 80's. They're rebuilding around him, genius. 17 million in cap room to play with.

I know these inane comments are some bitterman thing you're going through.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Rat Pack wrote:Umm Shoalzie, The Caps are starting 6 rookies this season. 11 players born in the 80's. They're rebuilding around him, genius. 17 million in cap room to play with.

I know these inane comments are some bitterman thing you're going through.

You're a beaut...

Of course they are building around him but the Caps don't have better building blocks than the Pens. The Caps have nothing comparable to Crosby, Malkin, Christensen, Malone, Whitney, and Fleury. Ovechkin and Crosby can be considered a wash but beyond #8, the Caps don't have the same young talent as Pittsburgh.

Also, the Pens don't have to worry about Crosby's junior team trying to take him back...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_story/?ID= ... l-capitals
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

You're getting desperate, Shoalzie old boy.

Regardless that your post is just nonsense. You obviously know nothing about the caps farm.

Anyway, I have no interest in debating blue chips with someone just trying to stir the pot.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

The Rat Pack wrote:You obviously know nothing about the caps farm.
Then educate us instead of engaging in verbal wankery. Please, O Great Know-It-All, impart thy wisdom unto us unwashed masses that we may become aware of the greatness that is the Washington Capitals farm system.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
ESRB NOTICE: Online Experience May Change During Game Play
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

The Rat Pack wrote:Anyway, I have no interest in debating blue chips with someone just trying to stir the pot.
Hahaha!!

I rarely, if ever, laugh out loud while reading these boards these days, but this one got me going.

MORE, I WANT MORE!!! :lol:
Still a FlameFan
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Rat Pack wrote:You're getting desperate, Shoalzie old boy.

Regardless that your post is just nonsense. You obviously know nothing about the caps farm.

Anyway, I have no interest in debating blue chips with someone just trying to stir the pot.

I apologize for backing up my argument with facts...I know the truth is like kryptonite to you.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Yawn... I really hate making shoalzie old boy & Crow look stupid.

On the Hershey Bears:

Eric fehr 1st rd pick
Jonas Johannson 1st rd pick Colorado
Maxime Ouellet 1st rd pick Philly
Mike Green 1st rd pick
Dave Steckel 1st rd pick LA
Joe Finley 1st rd blue chip
Boyd Gordon 1st rd pick
Chris Bourque

...and that is just off of the top of my head.

I'm sure all the rest of you have an AHL team with 7-8+ first rounders.

So Shoalzie, there you go. The Caps are deep on the farm. Deeper than the Pens.

For the second time in as many days, I accept your apology. You might want to stop putting yourself in the situations which give me bode.

...and please, never use a word like Kryptonite on these boards. You comic book nerd.

Some facts on you, shoalzie old boy. :meds:
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

Hapday wrote:Have fun watching the Crapitols pick first overall in June.
You mean the Blues.

Hockey's a great game, you should watch it sometime Hap.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Rat Pack wrote:Some facts on you, shoalzie old boy. :meds:

Well, at least I got you to back up an argument. I can give you points for coming up with actual names instead just saying, "the Caps are better". As far as I can see, the Pens have the better names right now but we'll see in 3 or 4 years how good your guys really are. I keep hearing people rave about Evgeni Malkin...one of the top players the Russian Elite League as a 19 year old. For the Pens to have two franchise players to build around, it's to compete with that. Until we see any of the Caps youth make an impact, they're nothing more than untapped potential. The Pens best young players, with the exception of Malkin, are at the NHL level. The Caps could be doing the right thing in letting their guys development in the juniors and minor leagues before bring them up. Right now, it's argument over speculation...this argument won't be settled until all of these players are in the league have proven to be quality players.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

So you're retracting all of your statements.

I like how you're all over the Pens prospects...yet the caps are all unproven. What a hypocrite you are.

I'm done with this humoring the retard type of posting. Shoalzie old boy, you're dismissed.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Rat Pack wrote:So you're retracting all of your statements.

I like how you're all over the Pens prospects...yet the caps are all unproven. What a hypocrite you are.

I'm done with this humoring the retard type of posting. Shoalzie old boy, you're dismissed.

Can you discuss anything without calling the other person or the topic "retarded"? You'll never get us to see your side of things when you're calling people names like we were in the schoolyard.

The Caps guys are unproven because the majority of them are in the AHL. We can at least judge the Pens top prospects because they are in the NHL right now. I can say the Wings have the best prospects in the league but I could never prove that until they actually play in the league. Grading prospects is an imperfect science but you're able to judge them better when they are in the NHL. Have you ever watched any of your Caps guys in the AHL before? Even if you have, they're playing other AHLers. Put them in the show and then we talk about who has the better future.
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

Shit, Rattie.....I was hoping you'd have ejected by now.

There's only two people here that are better versed in the great game of hockey than me. Shoalzie's one of them.

Trying to get a rise out of him is impossible. I think he's really just a bot programed to spew perfectly logical, succinct hockey related statements and run weekend pick 'em challenges.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

al? wrote:I think he's really just a bot programed to spew perfectly logical, succinct hockey related statements and run weekend pick 'em challenges.

Oil can! Oil can Oil can! :lol:

I'll have the results up after I get home from work tonight. Would've done it yesterday but the power was out for most of the night.
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

al? wrote:There's only two people here that are better versed in the great game of hockey than me. Shoalzie's one of them.
OK, I'll bite. Who's the other one?
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Mainiac wrote:
al? wrote:There's only two people here that are better versed in the great game of hockey than me. Shoalzie's one of them.
OK, I'll bite. Who's the other one?
Me
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

Mainiac wrote: OK, I'll bite. Who's the other one?
JD

you get an honorable mention though, mainiac. You're solid.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

al? wrote:
Mainiac wrote: OK, I'll bite. Who's the other one?
JD

you get an honorable mention though, mainiac. You're solid.
Heh... you're just buttering me up so I'm gracious when I lose our little bet.

Wings suck.
Still a FlameFan
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

JesusHBaldheadedChrist

ATG has a 4 point game.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

The Rat Pack wrote:JesusHBaldheadedChrist

ATG has a 4 point game.
Rack the Rat Pack for being on cue. Dude is money.
Still a FlameFan
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

JD wrote:
The Rat Pack wrote:JesusHBaldheadedChrist

ATG has a 4 point game.
Rack the Rat Pack for being on cue. Dude is money.
Don't be an asshole, Jed. This is an ATG thread.

When The ATG has a banner game...it gets put in the thread.

:meds:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'll give Ovechkin kudos...great game last night. The Caps are still a brutal team but he at least makes them entertaining.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Still trying to stir the pot, eh Shoalzie old boy? :meds:
"I'm surprised they don't have a better record. They play hard and work hard," Rangers defenseman Darius Kasparaitis said.
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

I'll give Ovechkin credit he has been the third best rookie so far this season.

One question though does he still sit out the third period when he is getting hit too much because he ran his mouth off like an idiot in previous games or has he out grown that yet?
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

M-O-O-N spells moron.

Go away, hater. :meds:

ATG is dead even for points in all periods.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

I would like to point out that ATG is tied with Maria's little boy in points. ATG has played in less games. ATG has fewer penalties and a better +/-.

ATG also has more game winners, more shots on net...and shootout goals.

Moon, what sport are you watching?
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

OTST
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
ESRB NOTICE: Online Experience May Change During Game Play
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Rat Pack wrote:ATG has played in less games.
One fewer game...you're reaching. The number don't lie though, he's done well in spite of his team.

Don't ever say I didn't think he's a great player but you'll never get me to think the rest of the Caps are much to sneeze at. The Caps are a one player team and no matter what Kasparaitis said, this would be the worst team in the league again if he wasn't there carrying them on his back. I'd say he's been the most valuable rookie but it's still too early to say he's better than Crosby. Crosby clearly has the better supporting cast and to his credit, he's been the best player on a team with Lemieux, Palffy, Gonchar and Recchi.