As a Chief fan, I am embarrased

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

joe6pac
Elwood

As a Chief fan, I am embarrased

Post by joe6pac »

At the display my team put on last night. There is no excuse for what went on. They are a better than that. I'm disgusted. Good job Denver.
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mile High is a tough place to play Joe.........

The Broncos home field advantage is more pronounced than most teams, hence the disparity in their home field record versus their road record over the years......
get out, get out while there's still time
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Keep clinging to that "just wait til we play you at home" mentality Paul.......

Last night the Broncos demonstrated how to stop that high powered offense......I'm sure there were any number of defensive coordinators making notes.....
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Yea, the Chiefs sucked last night.

By week # 5 we'll have Roaf, Warfield & Welbourne back and barring any unforseen injuries, failed drug tests or arrests should be at fuill strength for the rest of the Season.

Most of the KC faithful forgot that prior to the season we were all saying we'd be ecstatic if the Chiefs went 2-2 to open the year.

Unchecked Myopia ran rampant.

That said, I'm still of the opinion the Chiefs win the AFC West. The remaining schedule looks like this - along with my predictions:

Eagles - Win
Bye week
Redskins - Win
@ Miami - 50/50 (we always seem to lose in FL)
@ San Diego - Loss (see, I'm keepin' it real)
Oakland - Win
@ Buffalo - 50/50
@ Houston - Win
New England - 50/50
Denver - Win (Payback in KC)
@ Dallas - Win
@ Giants - Win
San Diego - Win Marty won't win 2 straight in KC
Cinn - 50/50 (may determine home field for first or second round of playoffs)

That's a minimum of 9 wins with a real good chance of at least splitting the four 50/50 games: @ Mia, @ Buff, NE & Cinn.

Still calling 11 wins and a possible first round bye.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

It wasn't that difficult to call a Horsie win last night.

Dungver's home advantage for starters. Beyond that, KC was a bit "fat and satisfied" after winning a roadie at Oakland the week before. Human nature. It's VERY difficult to win back-to-back division roadies in the AFC West. Dungver was ready for battle last night and KC was not. That's what I saw. Top that off with a few Chiefs being dinged, and the Mules were off to the races. Chef fan, are you convinced that there is not something wrong with Priest Holmes....?

Fine line between looking like a contender and looking like a pretender in this league.

Forget about the fact that it was a "blowout," because it in no way indicated that Denver is gonna be better than KC over the long haul any more than Miami whipping Denver's ass in week one shows that they will be better than the Mules over the course of the season.

16 weeks is a marathon, a process, as Phil Simms accurately described it on Sunday.

How both teams respond from here forward is what is important.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I put it all down to the altitude.

And missing Willie Roaf.

And Sammy "hands of stone" Parker

And Studip peanalties.

And blown assignments.

And shiity paly calling.

And untimely turnover at our own 12

oh yeah, and Denver played one helluva' game and simply busted KC in the chops from the moment the game started. Once they got that 17 point 1st qtr lead, it was Katy bar the door.

You just don't come back from a big early deficit there, and yes, I'm going to point to the altitude as a major reason why. Our boys just aren't used to sucking that thin air, and that's why they always seemed a step slower than the opposition.

Bottom Line: Props to the Broncos.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:It wasn't that difficult to call a Horsie win last night.
Dungver was ready for battle last night and KC was not. That's what I saw.
The Bronco's defensive performance last night was no doubt a carry over from the San Diego game. Shutting down a back like LT is a huge accomplishment for that defense and their confidence was obviously high. The problems always start for Denver when they leave the friendly confines of Mile High......
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Re: As a Chief fan, I am embarrased

Post by Joe in PB »

I am embarrased at the display my team put on last night. There is no excuse for what went on. They are a better than that. I'm disgusted. Good job Denver.

Sincerely,

Wk 2 Charger Fan
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

KC Scott wrote:That said, I'm still of the opinion the Chiefs win the AFC West. The remaining schedule looks like this - along with my predictions:
Eagles - Win
Bye week
Redskins - Win
@ Miami - 50/50 (we always seem to lose in FL)
@ San Diego - Loss (see, I'm keepin' it real)
Oakland - Win
@ Buffalo - 50/50
@ Houston - Win
New England - 50/50
Denver - Win (Payback in KC)
@ Dallas - Win
@ Giants - Win
San Diego - Win Marty won't win 2 straight in KC
Cinn - 50/50 (may determine home field for first or second round of playoffs)

That's a minimum of 9 wins with a real good chance of at least splitting the four 50/50 games: @ Mia, @ Buff, NE & Cinn.

Still calling 11 wins and a possible first round bye.
Jeez dude, I know you're still suffering from post traumatic stress after the ass rape by the Donks, but after the way you guys looked Monday, I could make an argument on every team there except Houston..

Minimum 9 wins???? Try 1 sure win there..I'm sure you'll win a few more than that, but get real.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Were you a member in good standing with a known reputation I'd offer you a wager the Chiefs win 9 games or more.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

poptart wrote:1. Chef fan, are you convinced that there is not something wrong with Priest Holmes....? .... 2. How both teams respond from here forward is what is important.
1. The biggest problem with Priest, is Larry Johnson, and the biggest problem with LJ, is Priest. Well, Im not so sure about Larry ...... fucker has so many problems, Im not sure which one is the biggest .... but Priest ranks right up there. Running back by committee most always sucks, and the way they are running this one sucks more.

In theory: Priest gets 2 drives, LJ gets 1. Yet in reality, Priest starts, LJ fills in, they both play at times, and during the first 3 games, you never KNOW who the hell is out, until you look. Its basically a clusterfuck. Also, the situation w/ the O-line, only compounds the issues at hand..... Bottom line, just as I said last night, Chiefs got whooped in Denver, no surprise there. It was week 3, and a damn fine time for it to happen. Use it as a learning experience, and move on.

2. Chiefs hammer Philly, barely beat them, or lose a very close one. Whatever. :roll: Denver earlier in the day, loses. Close, huge, whatever. :roll: Chiefs pick up a little "mo," Denver loses a little "mo." From there .... Den wins over Wash, while the Chiefs have a bye. Next ...... Den gets rolled by NE, while the Chiefs should win by 20 over Wash.

Its all hyperbole at this point. One game at a time.
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

KC Scott wrote:Were you a member in good standing with a known reputation I'd offer you a wager the Chiefs win 9 games or more.

Oh boy, you sure put me in my place...I've welched, and or not paid a bet?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Spent all damn week waiting for Monday night; especially with the absence of OU football last weekend. 15 minutes into the game I have my wife bitching aout not wanting to watch a bunch of Zebras all damn evenning. In the interests of getting laid for t rest of the week I was forced to turn the remote over early in the 3rd quarter.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

My wife made me come home from Deacon's in the third quarter, too.

Sin,

Suncoastinphilly
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I was forced to turn the remote over early in the 3rd
Turn the remote over? You mean upside down? Because I know you don’t mean over to the wife!
Run if you have to but keep up!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

godzilla2002 wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:I was forced to turn the remote over early in the 3rd
Turn the remote over? You mean upside down? Because I know you don’t mean over to the wife!
It's no so bad most of the year. She is sports fanatic as well just computer impaired or she would probably be on our board talking shit in the NFL, NBA and college football forums. Well probably not in here seing as though she knows the niners suck ass.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

jackass007 wrote:
KC Scott wrote:Were you a member in good standing with a known reputation I'd offer you a wager the Chiefs win 9 games or more.

Oh boy, you sure put me in my place...I've welched, and or not paid a bet?
Well, it's not exactly like your a well respected member of the community.

If we put up a thread sayin' "who would vouch for jackass007?" how many positive replies do you think we'd get?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote: If we put up a thread sayin' "who would vouch for jackass007?"
don't ask any of the raydud fans, he still owes them a shitload of money.....
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Spent all damn week waiting for Monday night; especially with the absence of OU football last weekend. 15 minutes into the game I have my wife bitching aout not wanting to watch a bunch of Zebras all damn evenning. In the interests of getting laid for t rest of the week I was forced to turn the remote over early in the 3rd quarter.
Pussy.... That's what Rosy Palm and her 5 sisters are for...
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BBMarley wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Spent all damn week waiting for Monday night; especially with the absence of OU football last weekend. 15 minutes into the game I have my wife bitching aout not wanting to watch a bunch of Zebras all damn evenning. In the interests of getting laid for t rest of the week I was forced to turn the remote over early in the 3rd quarter.
I personally don't live by the creedo "pussy ain't nothing but a hand with a face" policy.
DELSDAD
Elwood

Post by DELSDAD »

I personally don't live by the creedo "pussy ain't nothing but a hand with a face" policy.
Rack. I wired the house for multiple tubes in case football is not on the wifes agenda.

BTW-I thought OU had taken off more than one week from football. 8)
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

KC Scott wrote:Yea, the Chiefs sucked last night.
looks like this - along with my predictions:
Eagles - Win
{{{{{giggle,giggle,snicker,giggle}}}}}}}

Come on lets bet that 9!
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
BBMarley wrote:
Def not a replacement.. but will do in a pinch
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back