Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Two different viewpoints

Post by PSUFAN »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/w ... texas.osu/

Tressel:
"We'd like to have a home-and-home [every year] with a team of great interest to fans in our state," said Tressel. "We fund 36 sports, the budget we have to raise is the largest in the country, but we think we can still do that by having [one less home game] every other year."
Brown:
Brown intimated the 'Horns, who scheduled the Ohio State series roughly a decade ago when the program was struggling financially and competitively, might not have made the same choice under the present circumstances. "At places like ours, we're going to fill up our stadium regardless of who we're playing," said Brown, "so we'd actually make more money playing another game at home, getting our guys ready for our conference schedule. So I don't see this continuing [beyond next year's game in Austin]."
Rack Tressel. College football is about more than making the spreadsheet look good.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Brown: "play another game at home, getting our guys ready for the conference schedule".....

Translation - We would prefer our record be unblemished by playing a patsy rather than travelling and likely getting our asses handed to us....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Already been posted and talked about, try keeping up :D

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... 5c6f4c7c17
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Having the extra game beginning next year would solve whatever issues Mack brown has with having a certainly number of home games.

Sincerely,
T REX
Dreams......Temporary Madness
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The Pac is using the 12 game next year to allow all of the conference teams to play all the other conference teams..... something that every conference should do, especially if it means kicking the Dukes, Vanderbilts and Baylors out of said conferences
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:The Pac is using the 12 game next year to allow all of the conference teams to play all the other conference teams..... something that every conference should do, especially if it means kicking the Dukes, Vanderbilts and Baylors out of said conferences
Not going to happen and for numerous reasons.

First and foremost every major confrence needs a private school. If your confrence is comprised completly of public universities then the states can come in and take over controll from the confrence heads. Confrence budgets will also be under controll of the states legislatures.

Second your view is totally focused on football and football alone which is a pretty damn narrow point of view. Then again considering you are USC fan I can understand why you would feel that way, especially after reading your posts at the end of the colege baseball season the NCAA baseball forum. Baylor, Vanderbilt, and Duke suck at football but bring alot more to the conference in other sports. All three of the schools you mentioned are academic powerhouses. Duke is a national power in Basketball, W. Basketball, LaCrosse, Soccer, and W. Soccer. Baylor is a national power in W. Basketball (reigning national Champs), Baseball, and Track & Field (produced the last 4 Olympic Gold Medals in the 400m at the Olympics). Vanderbilt is a national power at Soccer, W. Soccer, Track and Field, and Swimming & Diving. I am sure there are athletic programs at each of these schools that I am forgetting but these are the ones I know of off the top of my head.

Athletic scholorships and programs are supposed to be for student atheletes to garner and education not for the whiny whim of football fan to tout their local/regional confrence football prowess.

Oklahoma sucks at women's soccer. Is the conference going to kick us the hell out based on us not being able to field a competitive women's soccer program in over a decade of Big 12 Sports? Fuck NO!!! USC couldn't find it's ass in broad daylight in basketball. Is the Pac 10 going to kick your spoiled ass out of the confrence based on that fact? Fuck NO. Hell USC sits in the middle of the biggest softball hotbed in the country because of it's inferiority complex when it comes to UCLA refuses to even field a team any longer; is the Pac 10 going to kick your sorry uncompetitive ass out based on this fact. Fuck No!!! Miami can't field a basketball team to save it's life. Did the ACC not offer them an invite based on this? Fuck No!!! Same goes for umpteenth other athletic programs at major universities across the country so get the hell off your football soap box and grow a damn brain you elitist football fan only asshat!!!

Now have a good day and carry on :D.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

since when did college football concern itsself with other sports when it comes to conference alignments (sup Notre Dame)

Every sport is different
In hockey, schools that are in the Big 10 are spread over 2 different conferences
half the teams in the Pac 10 dont bother with a cunt sport like Soccer
USC doesnt field a softball team cause they dont want a bunch of chicks with fat asses running around campus on scholarship
point is that in very few sports are the conference allignments uniform, football is so unique that it doesnt have a playoff to determine a national champion, having the conference alignments unique to the football programs would not be such a stretch.

and no I wouldnt mind if the Pac kicked USC out in basketball, infact id applaud if Garrett dumped the program all together and used the scholarships and money on the baseball team.

and as far as looking at "football as the only sport" being unique to Trojan fan..... USC has more national titles in men sports than ANY other school in the nation and thats without including football so it would appear that USC has Scoreboard in EVERYTHING
http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/champs_listing1.html

total National titles in mens sports (not including football)
USC 72
OU 15
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:total National titles in mens sports (not including football)
USC 72
OU 15

#1 That is neither here nor there.

#2 When is the last time USC was competitive in a sport that people watch besides football?

Oklahoma is competitive at the very least in ever major sport that television airs. This century alone: football 3 national title appearances, with one title, in five years, 3 conference titles, Basketball fial four appearance (top 5 preseason in every major media publication this season), 4 conference titles, Women's basketball national title game appearance and three conference titles, Baseball is only one of 4 programs in the conference to have made the conference tourny every year, softball 5 WCWS appearances and one national title this century.

Those are just the sports that atleast a fraction of America pays attention too and not mentioning the three national titles in row and still defending in Men's gymnastics.

Many of those national titles USC also have were decades ago! Such as the 12 baseball titles (and we have slammed your head in this door previously as well) the last one was in what 1972? Congrats :roll: Congrats on all the men tennis titles as well.

Oklahoma doesn't have national titles that many schools do but damn it for the most part (with the exception of women's soccer and vollyball) OU is highly competitive in all faucets of its athletic program.

Like I said though that wasn't even the argument being presented you are trying to warp into such though. Conferences are not formed on football alone. Hockey is an exception to the rule much like Men's gymnastics. Only a fraction of NCAA instituitions compete in those sports and therefore are forced to form new and seperate alignments to compete. Are you trying to compare Football, basketball, and baseball and their wide spread popularity across the country to Hockey and Men's gymnastics?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

so weak:

"At places like ours, we're going to fill up our stadium regardless of who we're playing," said Brown, "so we'd actually make more money playing another game at home, getting our guys ready for our conference schedule. So I don't see this continuing [beyond next year's game in Austin]."

is about money, or about getting ready for conference? Texas has a far from illustrious career of playing outside the state of Texas...going way back to the SWC. this is part of the reason I, and others, harp on how hilarious one Dusty Mangum FG makes in the mind of Texas fan. and Mack Brown for instance, since the Rose Bowl is all he talked about at the Big XII media days.

and SCS is right, without the private schools....conferences would have to open the books. and that ain't gonna happen.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

USC's last national title in baseball was in 1998, since OU's last
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:The Pac is using the 12 game next year to allow all of the conference teams to play all the other conference teams..... something that every conference should do, especially if it means kicking the Dukes, Vanderbilts and Baylors out of said conferences
Not going to happen and for numerous reasons.

First and foremost every major confrence needs a private school. If your confrence is comprised completly of public universities then the states can come in and take over controll from the confrence heads. Confrence budgets will also be under controll of the states legislatures.

Second your view is totally focused on football and football alone which is a pretty damn narrow point of view. Then again considering you are USC fan I can understand why you would feel that way, especially after reading your posts at the end of the colege baseball season the NCAA baseball forum. Baylor, Vanderbilt, and Duke suck at football but bring alot more to the conference in other sports. All three of the schools you mentioned are academic powerhouses. Duke is a national power in Basketball, W. Basketball, LaCrosse, Soccer, and W. Soccer. Baylor is a national power in W. Basketball (reigning national Champs), Baseball, and Track & Field (produced the last 4 Olympic Gold Medals in the 400m at the Olympics). Vanderbilt is a national power at Soccer, W. Soccer, Track and Field, and Swimming & Diving. I am sure there are athletic programs at each of these schools that I am forgetting but these are the ones I know of off the top of my head.

Athletic scholorships and programs are supposed to be for student atheletes to garner and education not for the whiny whim of football fan to tout their local/regional confrence football prowess.

Oklahoma sucks at women's soccer. Is the conference going to kick us the hell out based on us not being able to field a competitive women's soccer program in over a decade of Big 12 Sports? Fuck NO!!! USC couldn't find it's ass in broad daylight in basketball. Is the Pac 10 going to kick your spoiled ass out of the confrence based on that fact? Fuck NO. Hell USC sits in the middle of the biggest softball hotbed in the country because of it's inferiority complex when it comes to UCLA refuses to even field a team any longer; is the Pac 10 going to kick your sorry uncompetitive ass out based on this fact. Fuck No!!! Miami can't field a basketball team to save it's life. Did the ACC not offer them an invite based on this? Fuck No!!! Same goes for umpteenth other athletic programs at major universities across the country so get the hell off your football soap box and grow a damn brain you elitist football fan only asshat!!!

Now have a good day and carry on :D.

Just lie back and enjoy it, SoCal....
E UNUM PLURIBUS