Ahem...

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Ahem...

Post by the_ouskull »

Oh. No message. Just cleaning my throat.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

...they were totally "Final Four Material" though. How could I have ever doubted...?

the_ouhatesbeingright
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Fucking trap games.

Eat a dick.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

This game today is an example of why I said what I said... You're calling it a "trap game," but I was thinking of it more as a simple road game.

Kansas is still a really good squad, but they DO have weaknesses...

the_ouskull
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

the_ouskull wrote:\You're calling it a "trap game," but I was thinking of it more as a simple road game.
KU thought it was a simple road game too... that's why it's a trap game.

Also... we already know who the fuck you are, enough with the egocentrical inclusion of your nick as a sig. Unless you need to constantly remind yourself of who you are.
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Re: Ahem...

Post by Buried_Nick »

the_ouskull wrote:Oh. No message. Just cleaning my throat.

the_ouskull
Yeah, cuz posting something would make you look like a Bookout penis envying, knob infatuated, hero worhiper.

Right? According to your own god damn rantings over the years.

So, you try and act all cool and shit.

Nice try,asshole. :roll:

Now, when MSU punks scUM, or when we plop Ill. back to second place, are we allowed to come in and "A-hem!" to everyone?
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

Got our ass handed to us..............no biggie..............lt'll be a wake up call.
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

See, that's what you Kansas folk DON'T understand about me. I was rooting for KU yesterday, and I think that Self will use yesterday as a wake up call... but I hope it was a wake up call for the fans as well.

Babs... stay out of the grown-up business. The "ahem" wasn't about OU in any way, shape, or form. Although they did have a great win yesterday, overcoming the loss of their best player and, (once again) horrible officiating... highlighted by Gibson BLATANTLY stepping OOB in front of an official on a drive (like two feet in front of him) and not getting called for it. Blown, maybe, but not called.

the_ouskull
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

JHawkBCD wrote: Also... we already know who the fuck you are, enough with the egocentrical inclusion of your nick as a sig. Unless you need to constantly remind yourself of who you are.
Careful...

Sin,
Mace and velocet
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

"JHawkBCD"Also... we already know who the fuck you are, enough with the egocentrical inclusion of your nick as a sig. Unless you need to constantly remind yourself of who you are.
That's it? That's "what you've got?" Nothing about the game? Nothing about how to rebound? (From the loss... even though 'Nova DID outrebound you...) Just "smack" about my signature...? I mean shoot, (Speaking of "shoot," did 'Nova outshoot Kansas, too? 50.9% - 43.6%. Wow. I thought that they, and I'm quoting from another thread, "[were] a pretty good shooting team this year." I could have sworn I said that they weren't...)

Maybe you should re-read the article that you were putting so much stock in before 'Nova broke it off in you...

It's here in case you "lost" it.

And, this, from that article in particular, you need to pay SPECIAL attention to...
"When we're ahead," Kansas Forward Christian Moody said, "we need to learn to put our foot in someone's throat."
Halftime Score: 41 - 34
Final Score: 83 - 62

Well, at least Coach Self will have some film on how to do just that now...

If not, maybe he can check out this thread. "Eat a dick," indeed. What, you thought I was just a signature? Forget that I MIGHT know a lil' bit about this whole basketball thing...? Piss right off.

You thought your team was world-beaters, when, in fact, they've played two good teams, both at home, and when they had to leave Phog, we saw which Kansas team showed up. Do I think that they'll be that bad come March...? F*ck no, I don't. They're a good team, and they WILL learn from this loss. Do I think they're a Final Four team...? Also, f*ck no. If that offends you, tough shit. We still have to wait a few months to find out who's right.

the_ouskull
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

pssst, skull....KU beat Kentucky at Rupp arena w/o Simien and with Langford out with a concussion for most of the 2nd half.

Nova' was a speedbump, they'll recover, and I still think they have a good chance of making it to the Final Four.

You're just feeling froggy because the Sooners held off the 'horns, which is understandable.

Me? I'm feeling froggy because I watched the Mizzou Monster, aka Linas Kleiza, drop 31 points on the Cornshuckers. That white boy is a joy to watch.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

If they beat them at Rupp, then HUGE props. I went to ESPN's KU homepage and it didn't show Kentucky as an away game.

Then again, CBS didn't show OU as ranked until the end of the game yesterday, so I can't really trust major media outlets lately...

But, like I said, if it was at Rupp, I DO apologize...

And yeah, I'm stoked as Hell about the OU's been playing lately, but that has nothing, nada, zero, to do with my thoughts / feelings about Kansas' chances at the FF.

Yeah, speaking of Kleiza, who the fuck knew, right? Lol.

the_ouskull
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote: and with Langford out with a concussion for most of the 2nd half.
just a question: I remember Langford going out with about 5 minutes left. i could be wrong....but i know he didn't leave the court/go to the lockerroom until the last minute/minute and a 1/2. Right about the same time Moody got hurt.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasket ... 0109_KS@KY

"Kansas finished the game without Giles, who fouled out with 5:20 left; Moody, who injured his ankle with 1:29 left; and Langford, who was hit in the head with 2:45 left and never returned. Self said Langford suffered a severe concussion."

Langford played 32 minutes according to the Box Score.

FYI.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

skull,

What I want to know is are you typing that in on every post or do you have a hot key? :lol:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote:http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasket ... 0109_KS@KY

"Kansas finished the game without Giles, who fouled out with 5:20 left; Moody, who injured his ankle with 1:29 left; and Langford, who was hit in the head with 2:45 left and never returned. Self said Langford suffered a severe concussion."

Langford played 32 minutes according to the Box Score.

FYI.
Ok, fine, whatever...I stand corrected.

My original point still stands.

Oh, and Langford missing the last 2:45 IS still important, because that's when close games are won or lost.

Ask Georgia Tech.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

the_ouskull wrote:...they were totally "Final Four Material" though. How could I have ever doubted...?

the_ouhatesbeingright
C'mon Skull, I know you're smarter than this. ONE game in mid January doesn't mean a team is or isn't FF material. I know you're still healing from the foot Danny Manning broke off in OU's ass many moons ago, but let the KU hate go man.

(and yes I realize that my Ted Valentine/Dook hate consumes too much of my thoughts!!!)

Does making 16 3's tonight "prove" that KU is a good outside shooting team all the sudden, if we go by that line of thinking.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

I still don't feel like they're Final Four material... but I'll admit that when I said that, I was trolling.

And I hate Danny Manning and the 88 OU team a lot more than I hate KU. Too good, for too long, and they do it the right way. Nothing but love for KU...

the_ouskull
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Ahem... (Was this a "trap game" too?)

:D

the_ouskull
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Wasn't a trap game... just a team that's playing way below what they're capable of.

You can still feel free to eat a dick, though.