Anybody watch the ING 3 par challenge thing?

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Alkie
Swigmeister General

Anybody watch the ING 3 par challenge thing?

Post by Alkie »

On ESPN2

That shit was pretty fun to watch, plus all the golfer were chill and miked up. Man they made some amazing tee shots onto those par3's too. If so can somebody explain the validating thing? I've never seen that in skins play before.
IndyFrisco wrote:I was really into partaking in the art of fellatio
Dinsdale wrote:rack Al.
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

If you win a skin, you have to validate it by winning or tying the next hole. Otherwise, you don't win it and the $$ rolls over.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Anybody watch the ING 3 par challenge thing?

Post by BSmack »

Alkie wrote:On ESPN2

That shit was pretty fun to watch, plus all the golfer were chill and miked up. Man they made some amazing tee shots onto those par3's too. If so can somebody explain the validating thing? I've never seen that in skins play before.
Validating means money is not awarded for a skin until the player “validates” by winning or tying the next hole.

The par 3 shootouts are the best way to watch to older guys play with the younger ones. Who was in this one?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Alkie
Swigmeister General

Post by Alkie »

BSmack wrote:
Alkie wrote:On ESPN2

Validating means money is not awarded for a skin until the player “validates” by winning or tying the next hole.

The par 3 shootouts are the best way to watch to older guys play with the younger ones. Who was in this one?
Funk, Mickleson, Mccord, and North. North won, but Funk was about 1/4 inch from a hole-in-one which is worth a cool million, and would have defeated Andy North.

I get the what about validating, but why? It made it so when North finally won a hole it was worth 290,000 and nobody could catch him.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Alkie wrote:Funk, Mickleson, Mccord, and North. North won, but Funk was about 1/4 inch from a hole-in-one which is worth a cool million, and would have defeated Andy North.

I get the what about validating, but why? It made it so when North finally won a hole it was worth 290,000 and nobody could catch him.
Why? Because this is a made for TV event and they like the drama to be high. Nothing says high drama like a putt for 290k.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Saw it last night. It was Couples, not Funk.

But yes, North was up $290,000 to like $40,000 as the next closest and Couples landed one past the hole and backed it up to where MAYBE a piece of the ball went over the cup.

Definitely good watch.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Alkie
Swigmeister General

Post by Alkie »

IndyFrisco wrote:Saw it last night. It was Couples, not Funk.

But yes, North was up $290,000 to like $40,000 as the next closest and Couples landed one past the hole and backed it up to where MAYBE a piece of the ball went over the cup.

Definitely good watch.
Percocets had already kicked in at that point thanks for the correction.