Who is the best corner back in the league?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Who is the best corner back in the league?

Post by jiminphilly »

I read an interesting stat on a relatively unknown corner in the NFL that to me indicates that perhaps he might just be #1 or 2..

I wanna see some names first.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Deion Sanders.

sin

Deion Sanders
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

#1 Terrance Newman
#2 Anthony Henry
#3 Aaron Glenn
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Now?.........Chris McAlister--
Last 5 yrs...Ty Law (probably done with a serious foot injury)
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I saw this stat from Dr. Z's column on SI and I thought it was a good indication of how underrated this guy is..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/w ... ems/2.html
Finally, a nice little plug for Philly's right cornerback, Sheldon Brown, who was not a Pro Bowl choice and made only one all-pro team last year: mine. "I knew Brown was good, going into this review, but when I saw his stat lines my jaw dropped ... he only allowed one TD, despite facing 117 passes ... Brown allowed a mere two completions on 24 deep passes, which ranked second in the league...I don't get a commission for his Honolulu plane ticket and hotel room, but I like to see justice served. If he plays this well next year, he ought to not just go to the Pro Bowl. He should be an All-Pro."

Lito Shepherd get more int's then Brown so he's the more household name but lack of int's can mean 2 things.. you're getting burned alot or they don't throw your way because your that good. Clearly Brown is the latter.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I would say Mcallister is the best. But Ronde Barber is not far behind.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Re: Who is the best corner back in the league?

Post by frodo_biguns »

jiminphilly wrote:I read an interesting stat on a relatively unknown corner in the NFL that to me indicates that perhaps he might just be #1 or 2..

Fred Smoot - Not only is he funny as shit He can back it up! His quotes ar priceless!

"64% of the world is covered by water, the other 46% is covered by Freddy Smoot", Fred Smoot (CB Redskins), Fred Smoot fan page (made by himself)

Honorable Mention
Antoine Winfield
G.O.
Elwood

Re: Who is the best corner back in the league?

Post by G.O. »

frodo_biguns wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:I read an interesting stat on a relatively unknown corner in the NFL that to me indicates that perhaps he might just be #1 or 2..

Fred Smoot - Not only is he funny as shit He can back it up! His quotes ar priceless!

"64% of the world is covered by water, the other 46% is covered by Freddy Smoot", Fred Smoot (CB Redskins), Fred Smoot fan page (made by himself)

Honorable Mention
Antoine Winfield
smoot may not be THE best, but as a skins fan, he is very, very good. sorry to see him go. the same can't be said for ol' champ.

love the stats in that article.

Post by Guest »

:roll:

to this entire thread.

It's not about who the better CB is on your team, it's about the one that is the best in the league.

That player is Champ Bailey.

Hands down.

The fact that there are people here that actually voted for Sheldon Brown and Terrance Newman over him speaks volumes of the lack of football knowledge on this board.

I mean wtf is wrong with half of you?

At least I get the McCallister votes, those votes are incorrect but at least he is one hell of a player in his own right.

But Brown and Newman????

Get a fucking grip on reality already.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

icantstopfarting wrote:

Hands down.

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

icantstopfarting wrote::roll:

to this entire thread.

It's not about who the better CB is on your team, it's about the one that is the best in the league.

Hands down.

The fact that there are people here that actually voted for Sheldon Brown and Terrance Newman over him speaks volumes of the lack of football knowledge on this board.

I mean wtf is wrong with half of you?

At least I get the McCallister votes, those votes are incorrect but at least he is one hell of a player in his own right.

But Brown and Newman????

Get a fucking grip on reality already.

Unlike everyone else, I posted stats... important stats.. that show why Brown is possibly one of the best. McCallister would probably be my #1 as well but Champ Bailey gets burned a lot and is no where near the best corner in the league.
Last edited by jiminphilly on Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

icantstopfarting wrote::roll:

Hands down.

Or on consensus All-Pro cornerback Champ Bailey: "Bailey was 79th in deep yards (first being the fewest), tied for 73rd in deep completion percentage, tied for 16th most in deep attempts, tied for 69th in deep TDs ... Bailey wasn't just beaten deep; he was targeted for deep passes quite frequently."

i honestly hope you are kidding.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

icantstopfarting wrote:

Hands down.

Great Take-RACK IT.

Sincerely,

You've always been a fucking dipshit of the highest caliber-it shocks me not that a fuckrod smoking nutnuzzling squirt swilling stinkknot commando like yourself cant process basic reading comprehension.

Fucking tard.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

I can't throw down 2 pictures in the same post?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

FUCK THIS SHITHOLE.....
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Raydah James wrote:I can't throw down 2 pictures in the same post?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

FUCK THIS SHITHOLE.....
2+ pics per post are only allowed to PP members, James.

You got no memo....?
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote:

FUCK THIS SHITHOLE.....
2+ pics per post are only allowed to PP members, James.

You got no memo....?

Now the NFL forum has strict fucking rules about something as stupid as the number of pics being thrown down in one post?

After this, im almost convinced that Paul Tagliabue is a secret mod in this motherfucker.

The writing is on the wall...........FUCK THIS PLACE.

WAR Smackboard
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Raidah Jaymes

you know that I have no beef with you whatsoever.

question?

looking at the edit: the 1st pic had "i6" before photobucket.com and the second pic didn't have any such thing?

should there be?

just wondering.

Q
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

^^^^^^^

Translation:

VVVVVVV
Qbert wrote:
no

YOU're just too stupid to throw down two pics in the same post
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Shawn Springs.

Sent SMOOT all of his afterbirth last year. Good luck with the #1 receiver this year SMOOT.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

stuckinia wrote:Shawn Springs.

You're kidding right?
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

icantstopfarting wrote:

Hands down.

Even other mules are laughing at this weak fucking take!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Headhunter wrote:

Elway still looks like he did before he retired.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Raydah James wrote:

Great Take-RACK IT.

Sincerely,

You've always been a fucking dipshit of the highest caliber-it shocks me not that a fuckrod smoking nutnuzzling squirt swilling stinkknot commando like yourself cant process basic reading comprehension.

Fucking tard.
RJ, it isn't the site, it's your picture type. The second one down is a bmp file and for some reason won't show up. If you convert it to a jpg, there's apparently no problem.

BTW-I must again state that other bronco fans take no responsibility for icsf or any idiocies posted by him.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Bottom to top - ICSF, T1B
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Close Nix, but this may better represent ICSF's position in this forum .......

Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

:lol:

Post by Guest »

Nixhex wrote:Image

Keep your homoerotic fantasies to yourself buttpirate.

Seeing that I apparently been choosen to bring the truth to the offseason football forum tards in here I can see why so many of you are obsessed with me but I'm here to talk football, not play grabass with a few of the dumb fucks that lurk in here too cowardly to post their own takes.

Keep your stupid fucking stats, there is no other position in the NFL that renders stats more meaningless that CB.

Ask any WR who is the best CB in the NFL and Bailey will come up more often than not.

Foreskin fan is simply jealous due to the fact that Shanny just raped you in yet another trade and are still trying to figure out how to properly use Portis. Meanwhile the genius simply plugged in another back last season and suffered no drop off in production.

Other Bronco fans in here are so frightened by Faider and Chief fans they choose not to represent, instead preferring to sit back and let others do their thinking for them.

I've said it before i'll say it again, the representation of Bronco fans on this board with the exception of me is a joke. Christ Jesus one of the Bronco tards here admitted to trolling as a chick back in the day in some kind of strange effort to meet other men. WTF is that shit? I thought this was a troll free forum? Come correct for the love of God.

RJ follows me from thread to thread desperately seeking my attention all the while making a fool out of himself with his inability to post pictures for fucks sakes.

The way I see it, when someone else in kicking their own asses for you there is no need even to respond to such person.

But by all means raging homos continue to believe what you like.

Why should anyone be called out for saying that Sheldon Brown is the best CB in the league? Or Terrance Newman for that matter? I forgot this was the niiiicccceee football forum.

I wasn't surprised to see Main Street turn to shit, what was surprising was to see the football forum do the same.

Keep jacking each other off fucktards, many of you seem to think that it beats having an actual take or topic of interest.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

icantstopfarting wrote:
Nixhex wrote:Image

Keep your homoerotic fantasies to yourself buttpirate.
You consider a picture of football players homoerotic?

Maybe someday Hawaii will get an expansion team called the Rainbows. You could be their number one fan.

Post by Guest »

Do you even realize what a fucking fool that last statement makes you sound like?

Never mind,

carry on.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

icantstopfarting wrote:Do you even realize what a fucking fool that last statement makes you sound like?
That's rich! Coming out of your mouth that is really fucking rich!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

icantstopfarting wrote:Do you even realize what a fucking fool that last statement makes you sound like?

Never mind,

carry on.
Look, I think Champ Bailey is a great Cb. It's the hands down statement that you are off on. He simply got burnt way to many times last year to be the "hands down" best cb in the league. If you weren't a blatant fucking homer you would know this.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

I guess I can't nominate myself can I?
MVP defense 1985
9 Ints, three forced fumbles and "0" TDs scored on!
Keeping the bath water warm.
James
Jake

Post by James »

Brought to you by the best CB in the NFL today, hands up, er, down.
"What's a three-letter word for man's best friend?"

"Tit?"

"No, I've tried that already..."

Post by Guest »

Managed to squeeze in a few posts between buffet visits today ehh Fatboy?

Posting a racist pic does not equal bode, rather it screams out to all what a racist insensitive piece of klansman shit you really are.

I've made my points, the facts speak for themselves.

Done.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

icantstopfarting wrote:I've made my points, the facts speak for themselves.
Done.
Don't leave yet. I need you to list for me five things Shannahan has done during the off season this year to make the Broncos better than they were last year......

Post by Guest »

Felix wrote:
icantstopfarting wrote:I've made my points, the facts speak for themselves.
Done.
Don't leave yet. I need you to list for me five things Shannahan has done during the off season this year to make the Broncos better than they were last year......
Decided to pretend to be a Bronco fan again ehh Felix?

Props I guess :roll:

1. Trading a low first round pick this year for what will almost certainly be a top ten pick next year in a deeper draft. At this point Foreskin fan is so used to being taken advantage of that they simply don't know any other way. Yeah I know, technically it's not something that will make us better this year but in the long run that will be one kick ass trade for Shanny and the boys. It's definately not gonna suck next year picking top ten and late in the first round. Not to mention that Shanny has said on record that he was gonna draft Stanford Routt with that pick anyway. Advantage - Broncos

2. Trading for Gerrard Warren. Dude has all world game and with Price sitting there willing to bitchslap him if he gets out of line this move will pay dividends. With our outstanding set of LB's all we need is a dude who can occupy blockers for a few seconds and let our boys do major damage. Upgrade of a weak position at a low cost.

3. Signing Andre Patterson. Dude is an underrated coach who was brought in to work with some underacheivers.

4. Free agent signings of Courtney Brown, Stephen Alexander, Jerry Rice. This move increases depth at a low cost.

5. Bringing Ian Gold back home. Some might argue that we overpaid for him but those tards don't remember what a solid contributor he was both on defense and on special teams.

Then again your entire argument is flawed. When you are as close as the Broncos are a major overhaul every offseason simply isn't necessary. Leave it to tards like you to equate lots of free agent signings to more wins. Did your stupid ass happen to catch the Faiders play any games last season? Free agent signings in the NFL are boom or bust with many of these dudes essentially hanging it up once they sign the big deal. Knowing what I know about you I can see you moaning and groaning over the Raiders overpaying for Sapp and Washington last season. Meanwhile, people in Tampa and New England were rolling their eyes at the reach.

Rack Shanny for recognizing this and being cheap with his cap money. Portis wanted more money that he was worth, the next offseason Portis' replacement wanted more money than he was worth - both are gone and good fucking riddance.

So essentially we made defensive improvements in the offseason, and kept the offense intact with our franchise QB. You know the one that Denver fans are always crying about? Over 4,000 yards 27 TD's. Yeah it sucks to have a QB that puts up numbers like that.

The Broncos and Chargers are doing it right. The Faiders and Chefs are not. For all the noise the Faiders made by acquiring Moss many of the tards in here forget that the receiving corps was an area of strength last season for Chokeland. Basically they didn't address any of their needs and it will show with a .500 record at best next year. The Chefs meanwhile can't ever draft for shit so they decided to try to fix that awful defense through free agency. Kendrell Bell? Didnt they trade for an over the hill Sam Madison?. Chemestry anyone? Not in KC until about mid season girls.

You may return to sucking Faider and Chef cock my fellow Bronco fan.

Sorry to interupt your moaning and crying after making the playoffs for the 2nd straight year and being on a clear upswing.

Leave it to bandwaggon fucks like you to decide that anything short of a Superbowl Victory is a failure. This team is built for the long haul and will get to the promised land in the next few years.

I guarantee it.

Ok now I'm really done with this thread.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

you're not done with this Thread yet "ican'tstop being tatooed by EVERLAST Pleather."

defensive additions = CLEVELAND BROWNCOS. Coach Patterson--->the D-Line underacheived while coached by Andre Patterson...no POSSIBLE Way that this can be refuted...can a Coach become a Leopard and change his Spots?

bIg MONEY is gonna live up to his potential?

Courtney Brown will stay healthy because of the 'rarified Mile HIGH Air?

you got someother "CHUCK" from the BROWNS too....really HOPE it works out for you...

DROUGHNS really stunk it up in the DONKEY'S backfield last year too....right?

DROUGHNS and the 4th rounder from you used to get Dilfer...for bIg MONEY...ok--->YOU got over.

my BUCKEYE Clarett will be an adequate fill-in...after the injury-prone Smurfs get hurt again too.

enjoy your Season BROWNCOFan.

we will TOO....just the same!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

icantstopfarting wrote:
Never stopped being one, but unlike you I'm not willing to simply accept everything Shannahan does and proclaim him a "genius" like some moronic "fans".
1. Trading a low first round pick this year for what will almost certainly be a top ten pick next year in a deeper draft. Yeah I know, technically it's not something that will make us better this year but in the long run that will be one kick ass trade for Shanny and the boys.

I'll admit this was a good move for next year. But really, I wouldn't get all worked up about Shannahan getting over on Washington-it's not that hard to do.
2. Trading for Gerrard Warren. Dude has all world game and with Price sitting there willing to bitchslap him if he gets out of line this move will pay dividends. With our outstanding set of LB's all we need is a dude who can occupy blockers for a few seconds and let our boys do major damage. Upgrade of a weak position at a low cost.
So what do you think Shannahan can do with Warren that hasn't already been tried by other coaches? What magical formula will Shannahan invoke that will suddenly turn Warren from a underacheiver to a solid player?
3. Signing Andre Patterson. Dude is an underrated coach who was brought in to work with some underacheivers.
Again, what magic trick is he going to employ in Denver that he didn't use in Cleveland? So not only do we get a bunch of underachieving linemen from the Browns, but now we've got the coach that led them to their mediocrity? Fucking outstanding!!
4. Free agent signings of Courtney Brown, Stephen Alexander, Jerry Rice. This move increases depth at a low cost.
So signing two "never lived up to their potential"s and a guy that should have retired about 4 years ago is what you consider "brilliant" moves? Yikes....
5. Bringing Ian Gold back home. Some might argue that we overpaid for him but those tards don't remember what a solid contributor he was both on defense and on special teams.
They should have never let him go in the first place, so I don't consider this to be a great move--they've just made up for a past mistake.

Care to try again?

(You could have said not letting Trevor Pryce get away, and that would have counted)
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

Felix wrote:
icantstopfarting wrote:
Never stopped being one, but unlike you I'm not willing to simply accept everything Shannahan does and proclaim him a "genius" like some moronic "fans".
now, thats a great point- homerism has its limits. i respect that.
1. Trading a low first round pick this year for what will almost certainly be a top ten pick next year in a deeper draft. Yeah I know, technically it's not something that will make us better this year but in the long run that will be one kick ass trade for Shanny and the boys.

I'll admit this was a good move for next year. But really, I wouldn't get all worked up about Shannahan getting over on Washington-it's not that hard to do.
eh- you shoulda skipped this one, since the rest of your post is dead on. you wouldnt care to elaborate on that? probably not, since the last time the skins played the broncos, the broncos lost... at mile high no less...to marty, no less.

and of course, we wont get into super bowl history. sorry- the broncos have never 'gotten over' on the skins.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

G.O. wrote: and of course, we wont get into super bowl history. sorry- the broncos have never 'gotten over' on the skins.
In return for the Broncos' first-round choice (the 25th overall pick), which Denver officials have been shopping for the past few days, the Redskins surrendered their third-round pick (76th overall) in this year's draft, along with first- and fourth-round selections in 2006.
Um G.O., if you don't think Denver got over on the Redskins with this trade, you're a fucking idiot.