Pistons. Big Ben and Larry. My thoughts.

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Pistons. Big Ben and Larry. My thoughts.

Post by Buried_Nick »

First off; I re-watched the 2nd half of TNT's coverage. It's amazing and downright insane how obviously biased and rah-rah for the Meat the TNT team on courtside was. Doug Collins for sure. (He was a former coach of Detroit, run out of town for being a huge wuss) This guy Collins on every Pistons big basket, would proclaim how the Meat should have this; should have done that, to stop that previous basket. And when the Meat made a hoop, (especially if it was from a role player like Butler or Jones/Dooling, the guy goes into his giggle/laugh mode, EXPOUNDING on how good they're doing. Just a terrible, terrible crew.
The whole TNT broadcast was pure Meat, Meat, and more MEAT!

Second; post game interviews, I found Big Bens remarks to a question on how Duncan will be a tougher task, since everyone knew Shuck was injured; really great. Ben had words to the effect; "What?! Have you seen that dude Shuck? Dude is Huge, and physical. Duncan is great in his own right, but wtf are you talkin 'bout?!" -- that was great. So, personally I see Ben after weathering the Shuck mountain, having at least a more fair opportunity vs. Timbo. Timbo is a bit more finess. Shuck is a downright Bitch! It's how Parker and Ginobli get matched up by the Master, Larry Brown, that'll decide this series. I kinda like our chances.

Third; Lary Brown postgame, he talked about the Spurs coach. How; "........the guys won TWO Titles, and nobody even talks about it. And how WE'RE defending Champs, and you all don't talk much about it."
(Elluding to the fact that the god damn NBA has taken on a showtime, tv ratings attitude with their commentating and favoritisms in the media write ups and shit.) But like he said; these are the two best teams over the last how many years. And it's the Finals. It should be a great one. Defensive struggle or no, this is Basketball; played the RIGHT way.

Prediction? -- If it's 2 - 3 - 2, series, like last year, I say Detroit in 5 again. If it's 2 - 2 -1 -1 -1, I say Detroit in 6.

Can't wait. :wink:
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Pistons. Big Ben and Larry. My thoughts.

Post by Dinsdale »

MSUFAN wrote:If it's 2 - 3 - 2, series, like the last couple of decades.....
So, you saw your first NBA game last year, eh?

That must have been memorable.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

This isn't some banged up team with its only two stars limping up and down the court. This is a well rested Spurs team that is arguably better than the Pistons at every single position from headcoach to the end of the bench. Detroit will be lucky to escape the finals with their dignity, let alone a win. But I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt. Spurs in 5.
Life's Pretty Straight Without Jimmy Medalions.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

ElvisMonster wrote:Image
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If Ben Wallace tries to sneak around Duncan, the way he was trying to sneak around Shaq and slap the ball away, rather than defending the basket, it's going to be over quickly. I kind of doubt Brown will put up with that poor decision making, though. If he does, it's going to be the Tim Dunking highlight reel.

SA has a lot of scorers, but I won't underestimate Prince's ability to shut fools down. I hate the Pistons with a passion(sup Blazerfan still bitter over 1990), but Prince is an underrated player. Quick and intelligent. Amazingly quick hands, with excellent lateral movement, and actually plays defense every play. Plays with the veracity and intensity that Sprewell used to. A rare commodity these days.

It was funny watching Rasheed after the game talk about how he "gets up" for playing Duncan. That bullshit might fly with the Pistons/Eastern Conference fans, but Blazerfan(and I'm sure Spursfan) thought it quite funny. If by "getting up," he meant "getting up out of bed in the morning, so I can assume my ongoing role as Duncan's little bitch" then he was being truthful. Otherwise, save it Psychosheed. The softest big man in the game has no business talking tough.
Killian

Post by Killian »

He talks alot of shit because he's 7' guarding power forwards while a 6'8" dude matches up against the centers. Hard not to be a good defensive player when you are playing out of position.

I think Wallace made those plays on Shaq because no one in the NBA can guard Shaq in the low block when he has his back to the basket. Once he gets it in the block, it's in.

The interesting match-ups are going to be Bowen on Rip and Chauncy on Parker. Duncan will get his, so it will be up to Manu, Parker, et. all. If SA can shut down Rip, game set match for the Spurs.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

First of all props to the Pistons for ending Shaq's season....again.

Rasheed plays the game with passion (many times to a fault) and intensity, dude has some serious skills on both ends of the court. I have never really liked his antics which lead to technicals, but I can live with them if he's productive and stays out of foul trouble. When he's commiting fouls and taking t's and not scoring or rebounding it puts more pressure on the bench/role guys, Mcdyess and Campbell. I think 'Sheed is the key to the finals.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Yep.

Sheed and Rip.

But don't forget Mr. Big Shot, and of course Tay!

We're talking 4 top flight threats at any given play.
I KNOW you hayters get that, right?

I think a LOT of people get caught up in the "paper" stats of these guys like Parker and Manu, because they play in the pathetic defense conference.
When Larry Brown and Dumars have you in a series, they can clamp down on certain guys. Brown is one of the best sideline x & o's guys there is! And our defense is headed by the DPOY, ben Wallace.

To me it's a 5 gamer. 4-1 Detroit. Especially after we steal game one. :wink:

(sorry bout the 2-2-1-1-1 thing. I thought they rotated every other year. Whatever)
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

"There is something intangible about this guy, like a lighter that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, but when it does, man, what a flame!" ~ Mitch Albom on Rasheed Wallace.

^ ^ ^ I just love that pic. Notice the Meat fans faces in the background.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

He's a piece of shit and the whiniest, cry baby bitch in the league.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Cicero wrote:He ended our season and played well when it mattered. Rack him.
FTFY. And your boy Wade is making a run for whiniest bitch in the league. He's in his second year and assumes everytime he misses a shot a foul should be called.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Killian wrote:
Cicero wrote:He ended our season and played well when it mattered. Rack him.
FTFY. And your boy Wade is making a run for whiniest bitch in the league. He's in his second year and assumes everytime he misses a shot a foul should be called.
"That GAME!"

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:Rasheed plays the game with passion (many times to a fault) and intensity
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh, wait, sorry --

What I meant to say was BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Sin,
Blazerfan
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Bitter Blazerfan is more like it. Rasheed has been (by his standards) well behaved in Detroit. Don't hate on him now that he's sporting a ring and playing for another while your pathetic franchise spins its wheels.