Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 6-3-23

Post by kcdave »

Caught this one last weekend on local radio
for all request weekend. It's gotta be at least
35 years since I heard this tune.

Longggggggggggggg fucking day ahead. Grill biz whoopin' my ass right now.
So much to do and not enough time in the day. Stressing on this shit is causing
insomnia which only makes things worse. I am fully determined to be poolside
by 4pm pounding beers and tequila for a while.
I did the same thing last Sunday and that was the last decent night of sleep
that I have had. While poolside, I snapped and pic and deliberately posted it to FB.

I rarely EVER post anything, but I was starting to get a buzz and I knew it would get
a rise out of the ignorant anti-woke crowd. It was a success. FB trolling at its best.
The anti-woke maga fucktards and just as a ridiculous and over the top bunch of
melters as the woke, purple haired, fist clinching sky screamers.
IT'S A COLD FUCKING BEER ON A HOT DAY! I don't care if it has pics of shit covered
hairy dicks on it. I will damn well drink it.

Happy Weekend, Y'all.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Weekend Roll Call 6-3-23

Post by Carson »

You call that beer?
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

In.

Wife is working today and tomorrow so not doing a whole lot. It's been as dry as a desert around here lately so I'm going to break out the sprinkler and try to water my .6 acre. Ground is quite hard and the grass is looking a little dehydrated! Most houses around here do not have underground sprinkler systems because we normally get adequate amounts of rain. And we are not about to spend $10k to put one in.

I changed positions at work recently. For nearly the past two years I was Assistant Branch Manager for a local bottled water company. But, 90% of days were doing route driver stuff especially for the last four months when we lost a veteran driver. It's been nothing short of a shitshow trying to find quality guys to take on a route. Yes I'm going to go ".net" on you and say the 5, yes FIVE, nogs (go ahead, ban me I don't give a crap) that we hired to take the route were garbage employees at best. Two of them didn't even make it past the first damn day! The longest was two weeks. They talked a strong, convincing game in their interview, but when it came to actually doing the work, they wanted nothing to do with it even though we fully explained and were very clear on the physical nature of delivering water. The fifth one put it over the top. He was an honorably discharged Army veteran and saw combat in Afghanistan. Just like the others, he just stopped showing up. No call, no text, nothing. He only lasted 3 days. These guys were more worried about talking on their phones all day than learning the job. They could barely handle the water and wouldn't listen to me when I was actually training them for the job and how to do the job the best way possible! Hell, one of them got snappy with me when I was showing him how to properly unload water and lift it without hurting yourself. But as he was unloading water not the way I was showing him he just shouted "yo man, I got dis!" Yeah, way to disrespect a manager, but someone trying to prevent you from back injuries especially when you "didn't got dis."

So, I decided to say "fuck it" and step down from management and take over that route. Those customers deserved the best instead of an unprofessional doing a half-assed job. It's more money for me because I'm on commission route pay instead of just manager salary pay. Plus, I can go home after the route is done, truck loaded for the next day, and paperwork turned in! I will now be home before 3:00 every day instead of having to hang around until at least 5:00.

I guarantee you these black guys we gave a huge chance to didn't want to work for two white guys at our branch plus the several white guys at the main branch. IMO, they knew we would hold them to a higher standard and accountability and most of them want nothing to do with high quality work. They just want to do less work for a paycheck and keep talking on their phones. Of those that lasted more than a day, I could tell they weren't going to make it because they were just not engaged with the job and pretty much blew off what I was training them for.

Unfortunately, these are the only people who actually applied for the job.

So, ban me, but that's the truth.

If this is indeed the case, it's been great posting with most of you especially all former .net posters!
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

News flash!!

White man who refers to blacks with the N-word hires 5 blacks & can't retain any of them!

:meds:
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:06 pm In.

Wife is working today and tomorrow so not doing a whole lot. It's been as dry as a desert around here lately so I'm going to break out the sprinkler and try to water my .6 acre. Ground is quite hard and the grass is looking a little dehydrated! Most houses around here do not have underground sprinkler systems because we normally get adequate amounts of rain. And we are not about to spend $10k to put one in.

I changed positions at work recently. For nearly the past two years I was Assistant Branch Manager for a local bottled water company. But, 90% of days were doing route driver stuff especially for the last four months when we lost a veteran driver. It's been nothing short of a shitshow trying to find quality guys to take on a route. Yes I'm going to go ".net" on you and say the 5, yes FIVE, nogs (go ahead, ban me I don't give a crap) that we hired to take the route were garbage employees at best. Two of them didn't even make it past the first damn day! The longest was two weeks. They talked a strong, convincing game in their interview, but when it came to actually doing the work, they wanted nothing to do with it even though we fully explained and were very clear on the physical nature of delivering water. The fifth one put it over the top. He was an honorably discharged Army veteran and saw combat in Afghanistan. Just like the others, he just stopped showing up. No call, no text, nothing. He only lasted 3 days. These guys were more worried about talking on their phones all day than learning the job. They could barely handle the water and wouldn't listen to me when I was actually training them for the job and how to do the job the best way possible! Hell, one of them got snappy with me when I was showing him how to properly unload water and lift it without hurting yourself. But as he was unloading water not the way I was showing him he just shouted "yo man, I got dis!" Yeah, way to disrespect a manager, but someone trying to prevent you from back injuries especially when you "didn't got dis."

So, I decided to say "fuck it" and step down from management and take over that route. Those customers deserved the best instead of an unprofessional doing a half-assed job. It's more money for me because I'm on commission route pay instead of just manager salary pay. Plus, I can go home after the route is done, truck loaded for the next day, and paperwork turned in! I will now be home before 3:00 every day instead of having to hang around until at least 5:00.

I guarantee you these black guys we gave a huge chance to didn't want to work for two white guys at our branch plus the several white guys at the main branch. IMO, they knew we would hold them to a higher standard and accountability and most of them want nothing to do with high quality work. They just want to do less work for a paycheck and keep talking on their phones. Of those that lasted more than a day, I could tell they weren't going to make it because they were just not engaged with the job and pretty much blew off what I was training them for.

If this is indeed the case, it's been great posting with most of you especially all former .net posters!
I agree. Ban that racist prick.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:14 pm News flash!!

White man who refers to blacks with the N-word hires 5 blacks & can't retain any of them!

We tried! We worked with them as best we could, we respected them and treated them as professionally as we could! But, at the end of the day, they were garbage employees who were only going to do a half-assed job at best. We did not let them go nor did we imply they shouldn't come back. It was all on them. You'd think someone with work ethic would call or text a manager saying they weren't coming back. But, all five just ditched us the same way; no call no show.

We now have one black guy on our team and he is absolutely amazing and awesome to work with and his customers love him. Last year, there were 3 other black guys on our team, that were there before I was hired on, and they were also terrible employees. They thought they were in charge but in reality they didn't want to manage, but didn't want to be managed at the same time. There were many shouting matches that broke out (and you can imagine how those went down....just short of someone "getting kilt"). They all voluntarily left (probably because two white guys were running the branch and increased quality and professional standards than previous management didn't do). So we are definitely glad they are gone and we can actually run the company and the branch professionally now and our customers are enjoying their service again too.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

d-townmike wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:30 pm
Diego in Seattle wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:14 pm News flash!!

We tried! We worked with them as best we could, we respected them and treated them as professionally as we could!
"As you could."

Meaning that you tried to call them "boy" & "nog" as little as possible.
But, at the end of the day, they were garbage employees who were only going to do a half-assed job at best. We did not let them go nor did we imply they shouldn't come back. It was all on them. You'd think someone with work ethic would call or text a manager saying they weren't coming back. But, all five just ditched us the same way; no call no show.
That's a sign of disrespect towards their supervisors. If I was your boss I'd be looking at why you were having so much trouble training & retaining new employees.

One of my life sayings is "if there's smoke there's not always fire, but if there's a whole bunch of smoke...you can expect to find a problem." I see a whole lot of problems in what you described.
We now have one black guy on our team and he is absolutely amazing and awesome to work with and his customers love him.
"I'm not a racist...I have a black friend!"
Last year, there were 3 other black guys on our team, that were there before I was hired on, and they were also terrible employees.
More smoke.

Can't find people willing to do the job?

Ever heard of supply & demand?

Apparently you aren't offering enough to make the job worthwhile, both monetarily & satisfaction. Stop the typical "nobody wants to work and our shit doesn't stink" bullshit. Want quality employees? Entice them with pay & a work environment that makes it worthwhile.
Last edited by Diego in Seattle on Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Doubling down on being a racist prick. How am I not surprised?
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

So $60k/year plus bonuses wasn't enough for them? :meds:

And we were fully upfront with how much they would make and what to do to make even more.

No we don't pay nearly as much as companies in So-cal, but it's because costs of living are far less here!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

How much do you make for being a racist prick?
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Ahh good question and thanks for asking. I actually make more now for being a full blown KKK costume wearing racist.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:06 pm In.

This is rich considering your history at these boards. You are a piece of shit and your story is to be taken with a huge dose of skepticism.

Why can't you attract and retain quality employees? That's on you, douchebag. Maybe take a look in the mirror for once.

Sounds like you and the shitty ass company you work for need to step up your game and attract better candidate, who at the end of the day, don't owe you anything other than a day's work. Nobody said you had to like it, just deal with it.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:04 pm So $60k/year plus bonuses wasn't enough for them? :meds:

And we were fully upfront with how much they would make and what to do to make even more.

No we don't pay nearly as much as companies in So-cal, but it's because costs of living are far less here!
$60k plus bonuses obviously isn't enough if you're attracting candidates that don't listen to you and bail on you after a couple of days. But no, blame their skin color. You racist pile of human excrement.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:32 pm Ahh good question and thanks for asking. I actually make more now for being a full blown KKK costume wearing racist.

Nice Dodge, you POS racist.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Did you check to make sure their Masters degrees in water delivery were legit?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Just got back from my Saturday morning Farmers Market and COSTCO trip.

Recovering today from a whirlwind 33 hour trip to LA. We left Thursday morning at about 8:00 am and got back home yesterday at 5:30 pm. Rode the Surfliner on AMTRAK from Oceanside to LA Union Station, about a two hour trip, then took a seven minute Metro ride to the GrandAv Arts / Bunker Hill station, and a two block walk to the Conrad LA, a brand new high rise hotel in the middle of the neighborhood that's home to a lot of performing arts centers, museums and dining. Got an early check in at the hotel and a complimentary upgrade to a room on the 23rd floor, which we occupied a little before noon. After a quick lunch we had a 1:20 pm reservation for the Jean-Michel Basquiat King Pleasure exhibit, which is in the same new complex as the hotel, and a 3:30 reservation across the street at the Broad (pronounced Brode) Museum, a contemporary arts museum that has another dozen of Basquiat's paintings, along with a lot of stuff by Warhol, Lichtenstein and other 20th century artists. After dinner at Au Lac LA (a vegan Vietnamese fusion place) we went back and crashed at the hotel. On Friday morning after breakfast at the hotel (a Jose Andres restaurant) we had tickets for an 11:00 am concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (also across the street) with Dudamel conducting the LA Philharmonic plaing Mozart's Overture to the Magic Flute, Piano Concerto No. 27, K. 595, and Symphony #41 'Jupiter.' We checked out of the hotel before the concert and left our bags with the bell captain. After the show we picked up our bags, hopped on the Metro back to Union Station, had a quick lunch, and took the 3:10 to Yuma Oceanside, and home to Fallbrook.

Here's the view from our hotel room.

Grand Ave going across the center. Foreground on the left is the Music Center (Dorothy Chandler Pavilion) where the LA Opera performs. The tall building behind that is the LADWP headquarters. Just up Grand from there is the Ahmanson Theater where they do Broadway shows and the like. On the right side of Grand from front to back is the County Court House, Grand Park (which you can't see), the County Admin building and the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels. Just beyond that is the 101 Freeway. Dodger Stadium is basically on the other side of the hill in the background. Just to the left and across the street from the Music Center is the Walt Disney Concert Hall (not it's not at Disneyland but a state of the art performance center designed by Frank Gehry), and then the Broad Museum.

Looking out the window in the other direction is City Hall, and you can see some of Grand Park in front of it.

This is the Music Center at 1:00 am, with LADWP in the background. You can see that they're intent on saving energy.

This is the Walt Disney Concert Hall, from the restaurant in the hotel where we had breakfast.

The Broad Museum next door.

This is the view from our seats at the concert hall. We were in the equivalent of the center seats of the second row of the nosebleed section on the other side. This is really and incredible concert hall with amazing acoustics, all of the interior is wood. We've seen a bunch of jazz as well as classical performances there.

These are the seats facing the stage.

Behind the stage is a pipe organ with massive wooden pipes.

General Peters
All-American Kid

Post by General Peters »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:06 pm

GREAT fukken job dtown. Too bad you had to single-handedly step in and save the company dude. Sometimes the appreciative hard-working dudes like yourself have to do everything. And for those giving dtown a hard time, I guess it's HIS fukken fault for these 3 day employees being lazy and disrespectful and refusing the learn. YEAH RIGHT!! :evil:
Last edited by General Peters on Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
well kiss my ass and call it rosy
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Jean-Michel Basquiat, though not obvious from his name, was born in the Bronx, NY. HIs father was from Haiti. He died in 1988 at the age of 27 (from an OD I think). Today, some of his works are valued at $100 million or more. The exhibit at the Grand LA was put together by his family (mostly his two surviving sisters) and has a lot of stuff from his childhood as well as a lot of works that were never sold. There's also a re-creation of his workshop, which was pretty cool. Besides finished pieces there's a lot of unfinished stuff and drawings from when he was in HS, plus video interviews, etc. The kid had a very strange mind put a lot of it on paper and canvas (and whatever else was handy, like fences and blankets). You could spend days looking at this stuff and never get all of it.

https://www.westsidecurrent.com/lifesty ... 3cd63.html

The pieces at the Broad Museum are all finished and of museum quality. Definitely a contrast to some of the exhibit across the street and very interesting to compare.

Here's some stuff from the family exhibit.

He was a big jazz and sports fan. This is Charlie (Bird) Parker

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

These are from across the street.

Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Damn Mikey, nice stuff. One of those guys/things is LTSNickFrisco I think.

Well here is this, back patio watching tstorms cruise through.

:0087:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Nice view out the back. We've been getting about 30 minutes of sunshine every day for the past couple of weeks. Hovering around 65 to 70 degrees in sunny SoCal. We just went from May Gray to June Gloom. Everybody's complaining about how much cooler cloudier it is than normal, and no sunshine. I think they will all be changing their tune by the end of July when it starts hitting 90 and higher.

LOL at LTS. I think you may be right.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

General Peters wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:49 pm
d-townmike wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:06 pm

GREAT fukken job dtown. Too bad you had to single-handedly step in and save the company dude. Sometimes the appreciative hard-working dudes like yourself have to do everything. And for those giving dtown a hard time, I guess it's HIS fukken fault for these 3 day employees being lazy and disrespectful and refusing the learn. YEAH RIGHT!! :evil:
You didn’t read any of the responses did you?

Oh that’s right, you can’t read. My bad.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Mikey wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:20 pm 3:30 reservation across the street at the Broad (pronounced Brode) Museum, a contemporary arts museum that has another dozen of Basquiat's paintings, along with a lot of stuff by Warhol, Lichtenstein and other 20th century artists.
Is it comparable to the Getty Museum (I haven't been to either)?
On Friday morning after breakfast at the hotel (a Jose Andres restaurant)
How dare you support that socialist! He should just let survivors of natural disasters & civilians in war zones pull themselves up by their bootstraps & feed themselves!

Sin,
.net losers
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:47 pm

Is it comparable to the Getty Museum (I haven't been to either)?
Much smaller than the Getty, which is a huge place with multiple buildings and collections, from ancient to contemporary. This is just one building with a single collection, all contemporary, on one floor (the second). The first floor has a gift shop and some spaces for temporary exhibits, often interactive from what I understand. The main collection is free to visit, though you need to make a reservation, and you can see the whole thing in an hour or two depending on how much you linger. Even though it’s relatively small it has some pretty impressive pieces.

Eli Broad was a wealthy developer in LA. Very rich but not in a class with JP Getty.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

d-town wrote:ban me I don't give a crap

I don't see anything that you would be banned for.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Jsc810 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:39 pm Rack Mikey's PET
Ditto.

Great job, Mikey!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:13 pm I don't see anything that you would be banned for.
What about calling them lazy balck nogs?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

They are black.
Fact.

They are lazy.
Fact, in his opinion. lol

D-town typed "nog," and not -----> the dreaded N word.

I don't think anyone gets banned for calling someone a nog.

But I am not an admin.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:35 pm They are black.
Fact.

They are lazy.
Fact, in his opinion. lol

D-town typed "nog," and not -----> the dreaded N word.

I don't think anyone gets banned for calling someone a nog.

But I am not an admin.
I agree. What's the big deal?

Sin,

Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

We now have one black guy on our team and he is absolutely amazing and awesome to work with and his customers love him.

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Roach wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:58 pm Damn Mikey, nice stuff. One of those guys/things is LTSNickFrisco I think.

Well here is this, back patio watching tstorms cruise through.

:0087:
Beautiful view, Roach. What’s your critter’s name?

Great PET, Mikey.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Biggie wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:12 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:38 pm
Why can't you attract and retain quality employees?
CDL drivers who have to unload product? Not very surprising or unusual at all to go through a lot of them before you can get one to stick in that type of position.

Of course, you know absolutely nothing whatsoever about people who actually work for a living.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Whoosh right over your pointed head.
Gee I wonder what they could possibly do to stop that phenomenon.

Fuck off Nazi.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

mvscal wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:25 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:38 pm
Why can't you attract and retain quality employees?
CDL drivers who have to unload product? Not very surprising or unusual at all to go through a lot of them before you can get one to stick in that type of position.
Cosign.

I have some experience in this space. Most CDL drivers can earn just as much money letting someone else unload the truck. If you could make $30/hour backing up to a dock, throwing the doors open and waiting for someone else to run the forklift while you listen to a replay of Papa Joe Chevalier's greatest hits, why would you schlep water in the heat for the same money? The selling point for dtown's company is regular hours, weekends off, and the satisfaction of taking good care of your customers. There's a lot of intrinsic value in those work conditions but they don't appeal to everyone. Find the right person and they'll latch onto this type of work and perform well. Unfortunately, among CDL drivers, hard workers are maybe 1:100. Most guys start driving truck because they're lazy and/or in poor physical condition.

These are basic facts. Keep your racism in your pants, clones.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.