Weekend Roll Call 3-11-23

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 3-11-23

Post by kcdave »

If you have not heard, Rog is redoing Dark Side of the Moon as
part of the 50th anniv of it's original release.
I certainly hope the rest is better than this garbage.

However, I saw a quote somewhere saying it would be
without those horrible fucking guitars or some shit,
so I am thinking this a suitable preview for the entire
album.

Gym, honeydo's lots of grill biz, then heading
out to pick up Vaghub's newer sled. We found a decent
MDX last week that is the closest thing I could find to a
sensible purchase in the still fucked up beyond belief,
used car market.

Planning to watch the new Chris Rock vid on Netflix tonight.
Anyone watched it yet?

Shittiest weekend of the year .... I hate losing an hour.

Happy Weekend, Y'all.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Re: Weekend Roll Call 3-11-23

Post by Sudden Sam »

Tons of yard work. College basketball.

Started going thru boxes of sports stuff from the ‘60s. Finding all my childhood shit. Splitting stuff up to give it all to my grandkids who will be here next week. Autographed b&w pics of Roger Staubach, Floyd Little, and others, tons of baseball and football cards, decals from colleges, NFL and MLB, etc.

Always thought I’d unload it all on ebay, but I’m looking forward to giving it to the kids.

Dug into some great tunes while looking thru everything: Parlor Mob’s And You Were a Crow, Dr Feelgood, Sand Rubies, Sidewinders, Jim Suhler, Wagner’s Tannhauser.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

IN---NCAA hoops/Spring MLB on the tube. Why do we still call it a tube and we still "dial"a phone number ??
Turn the clocks ahead tonight before you hit the sack.
Enjoy
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

kcdave wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:20 am Planning to watch the new Chris Rock vid on Netflix tonight.
Anyone watched it yet?
Yeah, pretty funny shit.

Going to Dodgers/Cubs spring training game today.
"I see everything twice!"
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Wolfman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:49 pmTurn the clocks ahead tonight before you hit the sack.
Not gonna.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

In

Wife works all weekend but doesn't mean we just sit around. My oldest and middle sons are having a couple buddies over later this afternoon and my youngest has a birthday party to go to at Urban Air tomorrow.

In between all that I hope to get to Ace to start getting some spring stuff. Won't be able to next weekend since we leave for our spring break in Tampa, FL on Saturday. Couple days at Busch Gardens then a beach or whatever day before we make our way back and do a full day in Atlanta. Way better than dealing with WDW like we did a couple years ago.

Later all
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

kcdave wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:20 am If you have not heard, Rog is redoing Dark Side of the Moon as
part of the 50th anniv of it's original release.
I certainly hope the rest is better than this garbage.

However, I saw a quote somewhere saying it would be
without those horrible fucking guitars or some shit,
so I am thinking this a suitable preview for the entire
album.
Perhaps, and I'm just spitballing here, but perhaps that person could listen to other music, you know...without horrible guitars, and enjoy themselves while allowing other people appreciate the horrible guitars. Not liking a thing doesn't mean the thing sucks, it means you don't like a thing. Opining about it makes you an attention whore, not a savvy critic.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Checking in, btw. Hoping to have all tax preparation done today so I can file Monday-Tuesday.

My payroll for 2021 is being audited as I expect many businesses are in the wake of PPP funding. I have no discrepancies or oddities; just gotta show them the documents.

Peace, out.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

At the risk of being seen as an attention whore, the issues I have with remaking DSotM is that it's considered a masterpiece by PF aficionados, and redoing it would be tantamount to repainting the Mona Lisa. Not saying either couldn't be redone better than the original, but the bar for doing so is set so high that the likelihood of topping it is remote. The bigger problem with this particular project is that Waters is not as good a singer as David Gilmour, as is clearly heard in the clip. I doubt that I would find a revised version of any PF song on which Gilmour is the vocalist made better by having Waters sing it, nor by having the "horrible" guitars removed.

But that's just my take. Not saying explicitly that it's gonna suck, but that I probably won't like it (and I'm not even a huge PF fan). You are certainly allowed to enjoy the fuck outta the remake if that's what blows your skirt up.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

At least Roger didn't do this...

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

The Mona Lisa has been repainted ad nauseam. Some I like, some are horrific. And it’s not even that great a painting, mostly famous for being stolen. Try that line with Nightwatch and you might have something.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

The Road to the Final Four begins. Houston may get there this year. At least they should have a reasonable path with their seeding.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:26 pm At least Roger didn't do this...

Basically that's exactly what he did. This is just a sad vanity project for a bitter, angry old man. I would feel embarrassed for him if he weren't better off dying in a fire that nobody would bother to piss on.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Cleaned house a bit today, laundry, and now relaxing flipping back and forth between PSU BBall and Pens hockey. Flying out tomorrow for a much needed vacation on the sandy-white beach of St. Pete, FL. I so tire of the supremely shitty Pgh weather by early Feb. Fishing, crabbing, and catching a Pirate spring training game are on the docket. Further to those 'plans', no clue... just relax and have a few vodkas at the tiki bar.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Happy birthday, Chip. Trust me…you’re not old at 61.

I had to be rushed from my office to a doc last week. I became incoherent (worse than my usual state), was shaking, and absolutely pouring sweat. My pants were soaked…water puddling on my chair. Turned out my blood sugar had nose-dived.

When I got back to the office, the person who had helped me get to a car laughed and told me I bitched about getting old the entire walk out of the building. I told the nurses I always pride myself on being in better shape than the younger folks I work with. Just had a physical in January and all my numbers were great. Very frustrating to get hitt with something like that.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Jsc810 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:20 pm Damn Booger, hope they were able to get that under control.

I didn't go to the ER but everything still hurts and I can barely move. An IV of Dilaudid would be perfect now.
I’m fine. Once they diagnosed the problem, they had me gulp down a packet of glucose (?) gel. Within 10 minutes I was okay. Likely a one time incident.

As to your aching, things I’ve always done without giving them a thought now leave me stove up badly. I feel for you. Hate to say this, but…it gets worse.

Stretching, yoga, etc should be encouraged for kids. Flexibility should become a part of our lives.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Booger wrote:Stretching, yoga, etc should be encouraged for kids. Flexibility should become a part of our lives.
I agree.

PE is important, and pear-shaped kids waddling around everywhere is an indictment on our education system.

Glad you're okay, Booger, and hang in there, Jsc!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is