Keef Oberman, economic genius

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Keef Oberman, economic genius

Post by smackaholic »

I heard yesterday that this fukking moron tweeted out that Disney should tell Ron DeSatan to fukk off and move their entire operation to another state or maybe PR. And then burn their shit to the ground, preferably while RD is there.

Not sure if he was just trying to be funny or is serious. I mean, he is capable of passable humor. I do recall him displaying it while at ESPN 100 years ago, but this misses the mark, IMO in the funnay dept.

Does he have the slightest bit of understanding of the value of the physical property Disney has created in the swamp?

It is well into the billions. Probably 100s of billions.

And the great majority of it can't be picked up and moved.

And lets say they do set it a blaze and spend billions more making it elsewhere. Where do they go? KO said PR or NC.

Hey kids, lets load up the minivan and drive to San Juan.

Uhhhh, good luck with that.

Maybe they could go to South Texas. Yeah, sure. Let's go from a sorta red with a hint of blue state to a blood red one. Sounds like a plan.

OK, we'll go to NC. So what if we have to shut it down for at least a third of the year.

Sorry, Keef, Disney is going nowhere. WD built there over 50 years ago for good reason. It was cheap, had a great climate and was within a few days drive of maybe 75% of the country's population.

And even with them losing their unique political status, it is still way more business friendly than anywhere else.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Keef Oberman, economic genius

Post by smackaholic »

BTW, I think he could be on to something regarding PR.

Maybe it would be a good place to expand operations to. But it ain’t replacing DW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Olberman is a moron. He did graduate from the Ag side of Cornell after all.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

If DW moved to PR obviously a family couldn't load up in a minivan to go there.

But considering how much Disney charges for an entrance fee the people who are able to afford taking their family there wouldn't be fazed by plane tickets.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Companies move huge operations from place to place, state to state and country to country all the time. Naziaholic is a simplistic moron.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:47 pm Companies move huge operations from place to place, state to state and country to country all the time. Naziaholic is a simplistic moron.
Who's gonna outlast the other? A two bit Nazi like DeSatan or an entertainment behemoth that has been in the state for say 80 years?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

I've had season passes on and off for a long time, kinda depending on the girlfriend more than anything else. I enjoy all their parks and each one has a unique identity so it's easy to visit once a week and not get bored. Diego says it's prohibitively expensive to visit the parks but an annual pass takes the edge off for anyone within reasonable driving distance. That's a lot of people. I'm guessing annual pass holders account for 60-75% of visitors. I base that number on some of the annual pass holder perks I see people using while we are there. Pass holders recognize other pass holders. An annual pass costs $1400, so a monthly visit is $120 or so. Visit weekly and park admission is $27. I can't go to a movie and get popcorn for less than $27 dollars. Yes, yes, there's the cost of parking and in-park food and blah blah so maybe a day at the park for two people is $100 each. Can you guys go skiing for $100/person?

Move the parks to Puerto Rico and you lose a majority of season pass holders. That's huge. The parks can't handle that.

What's going to happen is Disney will raise prices to cover the extra taxation. The same thing happens with tariffs and regulations. They get passed on to the consumer. Painting this as some big win for DeSantis is completely missing the point. He just passed an excise tax on park goers, most of whom live nearby. If you want to celebrate that, go ahead, I guess. The Left loves taxation so they should be celebrating with fireworks. The Right should not.

And Olbermann is a fucking moron.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Disney is killing the annual pass program you stupid fuck, so no way it’s 75% of their attendance. So who is a moron now?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:54 pm I heard yesterday that this fukking moron tweeted out that Disney should tell Ron DeSatan to fukk off and move their entire operation to another state or maybe PR. And then burn their shit to the ground, preferably while RD is there.

Not sure if he was just trying to be funny or is serious. I mean, he is capable of passable humor. I do recall him displaying it while at ESPN 100 years ago, but this misses the mark, IMO in the funnay dept.

Does he have the slightest bit of understanding of the value of the physical property Disney has created in the swamp?

And lets say they do set it a blaze and spend billions more making it elsewhere. Where do they go? KO said PR or NC.

Maybe they could go to South Texas. Yeah, sure. Let's go from a sorta red with a hint of blue state to a blood red one. Sounds like a plan.

OK, we'll go to NC. So what if we have to shut it down for at least a third of the year.

Sorry, Keef, Disney is going nowhere. WD built there over 50 years ago for good reason. It was cheap, had a great climate and was within a few days drive of maybe 75% of the country's population.

And even with them losing their unique political status, it is still way more business friendly than anywhere else.
“WD” died in 1966. The first part of Disney World opened in 1971. While Walt had had originally envisioned the EPCOT (Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow) Center, the main impetus for the theme park was provided by older brother Roy.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

JPGettysburg wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:10 pm DeSantis won in a landslide in a purple state.
Which means that you are the left-wing freak
Says the Bot for the 500th time. Maybe try all caps and bold next thousand.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Kierland wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:06 pm Disney is killing the annual pass program you stupid fuck, so no way it’s 75% of their attendance. So who is a moron now?
Stop pretending to know things.

Thanks.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I know how to google “Disney annual pass” and read the results. Just take the L on this one assface.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:41 pm If DW moved to PR obviously a family couldn't load up in a minivan to go there.

But considering how much Disney charges for an entrance fee the people who are able to afford taking their family there wouldn't be fazed by plane tickets.
You make a good point, but, believe it or not, there are some that bite the bullet and pay even though they aren't rolling in money. If they had to add airfare for a family of 4-5 and a rental car, it could affect that decision.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Kierland wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:03 pm I know how to google “Disney annual pass” and read the results. Just take the L on this one assface.
Do you now? You sure?

Colossal fucking dumbass. Holy shit.
Shut up, Randy!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:03 pm I know how to google “Disney annual pass” and read the results. Just take the L on this one assface.
As much as it pains me to do this, douchebag is right on this. No way Disney would let the locals attendance be so high that they crowded out the tourists who are paying far more per day.

As for them phasing out season passes, I doubt it will happen. They'll simply raise the rates as much as the markets will bear. Capitalism is sorta cool that way.

When rate hikes get high enough that they scare off enough season passholders to the point where daily gate numbers drop, they'll back off the rates. Also, they'll do things like limit number of visits, days of the week or time of year.

Whatever happens, I promise you, The Mouse ain't leaving the swamp. EVER.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:14 pm
smackaholic wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:54 pm I heard yesterday that this fukking moron tweeted out that Disney should tell Ron DeSatan to fukk off and move their entire operation to another state or maybe PR. And then burn their shit to the ground, preferably while RD is there.

“WD” died in 1966. The first part of Disney World opened in 1971. While Walt had had originally envisioned the EPCOT (Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow) Center, the main impetus for the theme park was provided by older brother Roy.
Walt wasn't around to see it, but he did get the ball rolling and bought up thousands of acres of worthless swamp. It was a genius move.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

I watched a video. Pass holders account(ed) for about 50% of attendance. I'll take the L on those numbers. Should have researched it.

Passes are not "going away." That Kierland's to own up to. He won't though.
Shut up, Randy!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:47 pm Companies move huge operations from place to place, state to state and country to country all the time. Naziaholic is a simplistic moron.
Have you ever been there?

It's not a couple of industrial buildings that could easily be repurposed by another company. It is ginormous, very complex and built for a very specific purpose. And there is also the fact that they are in the best possible geographic position. There is no other place in the eastern half of the country, where all the people live, that has decent year round weather. Hell, even north florida has a shitty winter.

Disney picked the place he did for 2 reasons. The first is it was the closest place to the country's population center that didn't suck in the winter. The second reason was it was dirt cheap. But if dirt cheap was the priority, it would be in Mississippi.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Donnie Baker wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:36 pm
Passes are not "going away." That Kierland's to own up to. He won't though.

Kierland’s never been wrong about anything. He knows more about EVERYTHING than any other human. Just aks (sic) him.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/

Third paragraph. You can’t by an annual pass.

But you people go on being stupid.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:42 pm

It's not a couple of industrial buildings that could easily be repurposed by another company. It is ginormous, very complex and built for a very specific purpose. And there is also the fact that they are in the best possible geographic position. There is no other place in the eastern half of the country, where all the people live, that has decent year round weather. Hell, even north florida has a shitty winter.

Disney picked the place he did for 2 reasons. The first is it was the closest place to the country's population center that didn't suck in the winter. The second reason was it was dirt cheap. But if dirt cheap was the priority, it would be in Mississippi.
I lived in Orlando for months you stupid shit, I know how big it is. Are they moving? Probably not, but bigger places have moved out of states plenty of times. If DeSatan makes it better to move they are moving. Just like whole industries have done. Have you ever been to Detroit or Cleveland?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:29 pm
smackaholic wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:42 pm

I lived in Orlando for months you stupid shit, I know how big it is. Are they moving? Probably not, but bigger places have moved out of states plenty of times. If DeSatan makes it better to move they are moving. Just like whole industries have done. Have you ever been to Detroit or Cleveland?
OK, smart guy, tell me where they'll move to.

There are no alternatives for climate and geographical reasons. The only other place that has a suitable climate is maybe coastal South Texas.

It is far less attractive as a drive to destination and do you think that Disney's hyper-woke bullshit would play better there?

Disney ain't going nowhere. Neither is DeSatan, well, until the next presidential election.

And when he leaves, you can damn well bet his replacement will follow his very successful lead.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

JPGettysburg wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:46 pm
Meat Head wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:50 pm
JPGettysburg wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:10 pm DeSantis won in a landslide in a purple state.
Which means that you are the left-wing freak
Says the Bot for the 500th time. Maybe try all caps and bold next thousand.
Because when I point out this FACT, it hits home.
Makes you realize that DeSantis is NOT a right wing extremist.
NO right wing extremist could possibly get the democrats and independents necessary to win a landslide in a purple state.

EVEN AFTER I posted these FACTS, you and Kierland continue to paint governor DeSantis as a right wing extremist.

Who's the shitty BOT?
Let's try it this way.

When your boyfriend is finding your ass cooties and eating them would DeSantis still not be a a right wing extremist?

Do tell.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Naziaholic,
Right because the only amusement parks in the USA are all in Florida. Do you even think before you type?
Hyper-woke isn’t a thing anymore than woke is. In fact when asked to tell the court what it meant DeSatan’s mouthpieces said it’s something that makes them feel bad.

“Asked what “woke” means more generally, [Desantis’ General Counsel Ryan] Newman said “it would be the belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them.””

Belief, not facts. You guys just Feel like you are getting the pointed end of the stick, but you can’t explain why.

So keep pimping your new Nazi god now that you all somehow decided Dump wasn’t all that. What a pathetic excuse for a human you are.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Kierland wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:21 am “Asked what “woke” means more generally, [Desantis’ General Counsel Ryan] Newman said “it would be the belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them.””
Well that settles it. A guy said a thing.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You want to take a stab at it shit for brains?
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

*scroll*

Anybody with me?
Shut up, Randy!
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

JPGettysburg wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:33 pm
Meat Head wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:20 am
JPGettysburg wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:46 pm

Because when I point out this FACT, it hits home.
Makes you realize that DeSantis is NOT a right wing extremist.
NO right wing extremist could possibly get the democrats and independents necessary to win a landslide in a purple state.

EVEN AFTER I posted these FACTS, you and Kierland continue to paint governor DeSantis as a right wing extremist.

Who's the shitty BOT?
Let's try it this way.

When your boyfriend is finding your ass cooties and eating them would DeSantis still not be a a right wing extremist?

Do tell.
I'm gonna have to assume that you are indeed a low IQ cocksucker.

You continue to call governor DeSantis a right wing extremist. YET it's mathematically impossible for a right wing extremist to LANDSLIDE a democrat in a purple state.

Independents and democrats DON'T vote for right wing extremists.
In order to LANDSLIDE a democrat, you must get Independent and democrat voters. DeSantis did.

You've embarrassed yourself worse than when you suck dick immediately after it's been in your partner's ass.
See here is the thing. I never have called DeSantis a right wing extremist. Did you register that?

So everything you have spewed is unfocused talking points of a hopelessly indoctrinated gqp bot

Hey Jesus H Christ may lightening strike this bot back to bytes and bits.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:21 am Naziaholic,
Right because the only amusement parks in the USA are all in Florida. Do you even think before you type?
And they all operate to full capacity 12 months a year, right?

Like I already said, if Disney just wanted a cheap place to build DW, he could have put it in NC or MS. NC would have been much closer to population centers, Fukk, he could have put it in Pennsyltucky.

But he didn't.

He purposely put it in the central Florida swamp, despite the added challenges of building in a swamp.

Why do you suppose that is, shit for brains?

It is because it can be operated 365 days a year. Put it anywhere North of FL and that ain't the case. South Carolina has decent winters, but not nice enough that you'd pack up the family and travel there in January.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

He did it because it made sense. They will stay as long as it continues to make sense. If DeSatan makes it not make sense they will leave. Which is what I said many posts ago.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:15 am He did it because it made sense. They will stay as long as it continues to make sense. If DeSatan makes it not make sense they will leave. Which is what I said many posts ago.
And why did it make sense?

Cheap land? Yes, but he could have gotten cheap land a good deal closer to population centers. SC would have been perfect. Put it right along I-95 and it is a days drive for a lot of people.

But it is still kinda shitty for 3-4 months a year.

As I have already said, repeatedly, You aren't going to get year around acceptable weather in anyplace outside Florida, Cali or South Texas. Cali already has it and if you think he can move to Texas for a more "progressive" political climate then you are dumber than I thought....if that is possible.

Florida has the climate, business friendly environment and billions of dollars in existing parks.

Disney ain't goin' no fukking where.

Period.

Now if Newsome continues to run Cali into the ground, maybe they'll walk away from there. They could move a few hours south and build it in Ensenada.

I seriously doubt it, but they'll move DL before they do DW.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

They can’t leave Florida cause money but they can leave California. STFU you red loon. Your whole post was partisan nonsense.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Once again, you fail at reading comp.

I stated that neither is likely to happen, but if it did, it would be DL for a few reasons.

First one is Cali's terrible bidness climate.

Second is that unlike Florida, there is a place that is reasonably close by that could make sense.....if Mexico gets a handle on its problems.

Add to this the fact that given the current real estate values, it makes absolutely no sense for normal middle class people to stay in the area. You will be a renter for life.

This is a problem for companies that want to attract good employees.

Florida doesn't have that problem.....yet. And I do suspect that Cali's real estate problems will solve themselves
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:26 pm
You rolled over this “take” as though a given.

I question it. Imma guess you have some bs take about the state tax status.

Careful, cuz that ain’t everything about doing business.

But g’on tell me about your biz eval or what such.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:26 pm Once again, you fail at reading comp.

I stated that neither is likely to happen, but if it did, it would be DL for a few reasons.

Second is that unlike Florida, there is a place that is reasonably close by that could make sense.....if Mexico gets a handle on its problems.

Add to this the fact that given the current real estate values, it makes absolutely no sense for normal middle class people to stay in the area. You will be a renter for life.

This is a problem for companies that want to attract good employees.

Florida doesn't have that problem.....yet. And I do suspect that Cali's real estate problems will solve themselves
What you said was Disney isn’t leaving Florida. I said many companies that big have moved. You said can’t happen cause cost too much. Then a few posts later you said they might leave Ca even though that costs shit tons too, thereby proving my point that big companies do leave places and then you somehow twisted it to where you were right and I was wrong. You have a pretzel for a brain.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You'd think that someone who allegedly lived in both places might understand this.

DL, even with Cali's ridiculous property valuations, is worth a small fraction of what DW is.

Remember, DL was built in what, the 50s? It was pretty nice, as amusement parks went at the time. DW was so far beyond what DL was, it is laughable.

That being said, I seriously doubt it's going anywhere for reasons already discussed. They have a location that can't be replaced by moving it to east bumfukk and they have considerable physical assets, but these assetts aren't a pimple on the ass of DW.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I’m still somehow amazed at how stupid you are. You have the world at your fingertips and yet all you do is guess at stuff. Your feelings outrank facts. Disney has a market cap of 180billion, the Orlando properties were assessed for taxes at about 1.8 billion. So all that property is 1% of market cap. They could move out and be fine you fucking idiot.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Kierland wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:06 pm Disney is killing the annual pass program you stupid fuck,
This aged like leather in the rain.

Disney World Annual Passes

Colossal fucking dumbass. Just absolutely stunning idiocy on display 20+ posts per day.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So months after I posted in some random thread it’s still in your head? That’s funny.
I already proved they didn’t have it for months so your original idea that they make up 75% of sales is, like your breath, dogshit. On top of that you have more posts per day than I do so your “get a life” smack is also dogshit.

You really stepped in it this time you stupid Nazi.