Seven Pot Growers Murdered Near Riverside CA

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Seven Pot Growers Murdered Near Riverside CA

Post by The Big Pickle »

Sep. 8, 2020

AGUANGA, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say seven people were fatally shot in Southern California at an illegal marijuana growing operation.

The crime scene was discovered around 12:30 a.m. Monday when Riverside County sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of an assault with a deadly weapon at a residence in the community of Aguanga, about 50 miles north of San Diego.

Deputies found a woman suffering from gunshot wounds and paramedics took her to a hospital, where she died. Six more people were then found dead.

A search did not locate any suspects. Authorities say they do not believe that there is a threat to the general public.

PRAY FOR SCHMICK!!!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Seven Pot Growers Murdered Near Riverside CA

Post by Mikey »

The Big Pickle wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:17 pm
PRAY FOR SCHMICK!!!
Why? Is he a suspect in this murder?
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

Thank God, Schmick is ALIVE!
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

This story doesn't make sense. If weed is legal in California, why would anyone grow it illegally?
[+] Laotians and Absentee Landlords
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fat ... e-72877189
More than 20 people lived on the property, which had several makeshift dwellings, a nursery and vehicles used in production, Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco said. Marijuana was processed to honey oil, a highly potent concentrate made by extracting the high-inducing chemical THC from cannabis.

All seven victims and witnesses were Laotian, Bianco said. 
Were they here legally?
Law enforcement surveillance in the area has spawned nicknames like “Marijuana Mondays,” “Weed Wednesdays” and “THC Thursdays,” said Mike Reed, a real estate broker and 28-year Aguanga resident.

Reed said he does real-estate business with pot growers — some of whom live in his gated community.

Residents move to Aguanga for “peace and solitude," Reed said. “People live here because it’s not in the city.”

Aguanga's isolation, however, may have made it prone to illegal marijuana sales and cultivation. The sheriff said almost every marijuana operation in the mountainous communities is illegal.
Real gated community, or broke ass gated community?
Laotian involvement in illegal marijuana harvesting has grown over the last decade in California’s agricultural heartland. People from the relatively small community account for much of the pot growing in backyards and on prime farmland.

Large cannabis growing operations typically have hundreds of thousands of dollars of product at each site, making them attractive targets for criminals.
Are they legal, or illegals?
Reached by phone, property owner Ronald McKay expressed surprise, saying he didn't know a shooting had taken place at either of the rentals, a mobile home and the house.

He said he had tried to visit Monday to check on the well during the recent heat wave, but he was turned away by a deputy who wouldn’t tell him what was going on. He said he left his phone number, but authorities never called.

McKay said he didn’t know the tenants or their names — the rentals are handled by someone who works with him. But he said the home had been rented for three years and the mobile home for two without incident.

“I’m kind of unaware of anything right now,” McKay said. “For two and three years, they’ve been there — perfect. Never had an issue.”
Ron McKay sounds like a scumbag. But he also sounds typical. It is his property. It is not possible for him not to know 20 people are living in his house and his mobile home, using his nursery and his fields to grow shit. The heat wave has been going on for months. How many times has he personally been out there to maintain a property he leaves in the hands of a property manager?

What race is his property manager?

Still, it's his property. Why wasn't he called back by LEO? What does that mean when LEO ignores your request for information or assistance?

How much was the property manager charging the twenty Laotians, versus how much was reported to McKay and the IRS?
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

schmick wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:00 pm I honestly don't have a ton to do with the dispensaries, which are all legal and 80% of them are licensed. I work at the MA office and mostly just do the accounting and payroll for the dispensaries. I have only ever had to go to the unlicensed one twice when deliveries came to my office and I had to drive 4 pounds of weed to the place, my car stank for a month.

Some of the product sold at the unlicensed dispensary may have been grown illegally though
I thought you owned all of them?

It's weed, man. Get that last one licensed, and only sell legally grown weed.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:06 am This story doesn't make sense. If weed is legal in California, why would anyone grow it illegally?

Watch and learn.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80217475

It takes place a couple hours north of here and if you watch it you'll get your answer.

I was actually up there last week surfing.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

schmick wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:00 pm
I honestly don't have a ton to do with the dispensaries, which are all legal and 80% of them are licensed. I work at the MA office and mostly just do the accounting and payroll for the dispensaries. I have only ever had to go to the unlicensed one twice when deliveries came to my office and I had to drive 4 pounds of weed to the place, my car stank for a month.

Some of the product sold at the unlicensed dispensary may have been grown illegally though
Good god you are such a liar. That not how weed transport works you fucking twat.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

https://www.reddit.com/r/MurderMountain ... lderpoint/

Reddit says meth and firearms, Fiat.

Kierland, how should it be transported?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

In the trunk is the only legal place in a car, he is just lying that it made his car stink for a week. Even if it was improperly packaged the smell doesn’t last a week unless you take it and grind it into the carpet. He lies about everything.

And dude in doc was killed in 2013 before legalization and it’s still not legal to grow commercially with no license and those are a pain to get at times and some guys just don’t want the hassle.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

schmick wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:42 pm I would like to get the unlicensed location licensed and have applied for a license in that city/county, they're only losing tax revenue by not issuing licenses. I have talked to my business partner about bringing our partner in the other locations in but he has been reluctant to do so.
Your party, your rules. Matter of stones, or trust?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It’s only felonies.