Opera

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Opera

Post by M2 »

I've been using this browser over the weekend and it's blazin'. I was using Firefox, but this one is unreal, and has a real nice user interface. Some cool skins to choose from also. Verrrah nice browser.....

Here's a link....

Opera Browser

m2
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Post by Viper in Vancouver »

Are you talking about the type of music or the talk show host?
Is Rozy a man or a woman? This thing has a chicks name and deleates threads about hot chicks. I'm guessing this loser isn't a dude
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Is that brower compatible with your 192.168.1.102 IP address? :lol:
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Re: Opera

Post by Mister Bushice »

m2 wrote:I've been rehearsing this opera over the weekend and it's blazin'. I am playing a diva. I'm going to be unreal, and get some real nice face time. I show some skin also. Verrrah nice bowser of a diva.....

Here's a link....

M2 Opera Bowser
TTFY
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I have Opera on my "dock" and have used it a few times.
It works.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

m2 is all over it :roll:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, does Opera have, or not have the DiT Seal of Approval?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Which was never meant to bear children, or so Rayduhvenis told me.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Wolfman wrote:I have Opera on my "dock"
Say that in a Schwarzenegger accent to someone at least once a day.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Dinsdale wrote:So, does Opera have, or not have the DiT Seal of Approval?
been using it for a few years and it's always worked pretty well.
I'd stamp my cock on it :twisted:
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

diT wrote:

Must be a pretty small stamp.......
The only right answer to a fool is silence
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

ADAM wrote:
diT wrote:

:lol:
what's the name of that new virus going around?
elgrandepeehole
Work Zone Ahead

Post by elgrandepeehole »

Loganfan wrote:
ADAM wrote:
diT wrote: been using it for a few years and it's always worked pretty well.

:lol:
what's the name of that new virus going around?
The Euroclone virus? It starts out with a swollan anus...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

looks pretty cool. Support for SVG is a nice thing.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Opera came out in the nineties when the browser wars were going on between Netscape and IE. It was known for its blazing speed, even over dial up. It too supports a lot of the features that firefox supports and then some. If you aren't satesfied with Firefox or Mozilla and known better then to go back to IE, then give opera a try.
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

Opera brings home the browser battle
If showmanship alone could win the Web browser wars, Jon von Tetzchner's Opera Software would have a serious advantage.

The Opera chief executive arrived dramatically by boat on Lake Union, and later donned a Viking helmet at the request of a blogger, as the company from Oslo, Norway, launched its new Web browser Tuesday in rival Microsoft's backyard.

The release of Opera 9 is the company's latest effort to gain market share against Microsoft's dominant Internet Explorer for desktop PCs. In that regard, the Firefox browser has made more headway the past two years.

Some market studies have put Firefox's market share above 10 percent worldwide, and Opera's share below 1 percent.

"We have seen how Firefox has managed to grow in a very short time. That's an inspiration to us," Tetzchner said in an interview at the launch event. "They had no progress for years, and suddenly they had progress."

Opera has sought to differentiate itself on the technological front. For example, the new browser incorporates BitTorrent, file-sharing software that has drawn fire for enabling fast distribution of pirated materials, but has been embraced by some companies for legal downloads.

BitTorrent inventor Bram Cohen said at the Opera that his company has been talking with people at Microsoft, but it's not clear whether the Redmond company would similarly include the BitTorrent software in Windows or Internet Explorer.

"On a purely technical level, that's a no-brainer -- obviously it should be," Cohen said. "As far as what Microsoft will say about that, it's a little hard to say."

In another respect, Opera 9 shows how Web browsers are replacing some of the functions of operating systems by serving as platforms for small programs. Opera has special-purpose "widgets" that run on top of the browser. Microsoft's upcoming Windows Vista operating system offers similar "gadgets," and Apple's OS X has widgets.

Features aside, the primary improvement in the Opera 9 browser is improved compatibility with different types of Web sites, said Daniel Goldman of Baltimore, who runs the Opera Watch online site.

"Previous versions of Opera have had problems with site compatibility, and Opera 9 has fixed a lot of those problems, which is probably the biggest advantage," Goldman said.

Apart from its PC-based browsers, Opera offers browsers for mobile devices, and it has made deals to provide browsers for Nintendo's DS game device and its upcoming Wii console.
I really love Opera, it is sure fast. Ilike the Wand feature and the spell checker and how you can get it to check one word instead of the whole post like Konqueror. I have not tried Oper 9 Beta yet, maybe I should?

I have not used Firefox since the New Year but I still use Mozilla Suite and Konqueror on occasion. But each has its own pro's and cons.

You can read the rest here
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I love Opera, but I'm back to Firefox 1.5.0.4 - the memory problems I was having seem to have been fixed up. FF has no equal when it comes to extensions.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.