So hotel workers are on strike at our hotel in Boston

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

So hotel workers are on strike at our hotel in Boston

Post by Left Seater »

This is the first time I have ever been directly affected by a strike. Around 8:00am this morning workers started using bullhorns to chant crap. They are attempting to get guests on their side about their working conditions. Most guests that I have seen entering or leaving have just put their head down and not stopped to listen or engage.

Tonight as my right seater and I were waiting on an Uber we were approached by what we believe was a housekeeper for the hotel. We tried not to engage, but after 90 seconds or so I broke. I asked her if she thought that the hotel wasn’t paying her enough or that the benefits weren’t worth it, why not find another job. She looked shocked and said “seriously?” She then asked if I liked having my room cleaned each day. I told her it was nice but an unnecessary luxury. I didn’t wash the sheets on my own bed at home daily, nor did I use a new towel each day. She then asked how many times I would need housekeeping in a week and I said once, certainly no more than twice. Apparently that was the wrong answer and she said something in a language other than English or Spanish.

About that time our Uber pulled up and I wished her well.

Still no clue why someone would work where they thought they were underpaid or didn’t get the benefits they thought they deserved. If you don’t like the paid, go across the street to the next hotel.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: So hotel workers are on strike at our hotel in Boston

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Also, if you're broke, just scrape up some change and buy a lottery ticket and win the lottery.

Land of the free.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

How long are you in BOS?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

To those that want better pay for low skill positions such as hotel housekeeping, I recommend you talk to your democratic congressional representation.

There is a very simple reason your pay is low, even in a place like BOS that has a booming economy and very tight job market. It is flooded with an illegal alien population which is more than willing to fill these jobs at minimum wage. To these folks, this is a damn good wage.

TGOF is doing his best to slow this flood, but he gets little help. Both sides of the isle want the ample cheap labor and the democrat side needs the demographic shift to increase their power.

If these unions have success in pushing up wages, I think you will see changes in hotel policies regarding room service. You will see a policy where daily room service for multi-night stays will be chargeable. This would be fine with me as I don't want it anyway. I could also see the emergence of hotels that hand you your bedding at the front desk and expect you to return it upon checkout. This would further reduce the time needed to service the rooms between guests.

All of this results in fewer housekeeping jobs. Economic laws always win in the end.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I always leave $5 a night on the night stand for the housekeeper. If the "political party of the little guy" really wants to help them, make those "gifts" and not taxable. Same thing for wait staff in a restaurant.Better for all.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:Both sides of the isle
We're a continent, you stupid fuck.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

And you're incontinent.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

And you're incoherent.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Wolfman wrote:I always leave $5 a night on the night stand for the housekeeper. If the "political party of the little guy" really wants to help them, make those "gifts" and not taxable. Same thing for wait staff in a restaurant.Better for all.
You don't really think they claim it, do you? I suppose they claim a small fraction of it.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:And you're incoherent.
No, I’m in Connecticut. No idea where coherent is. I think Mass has a Cohassett. Maybe you’re confusing the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:This is the first time I have ever been directly affected by a strike. Around 8:00am this morning workers started using bullhorns to chant crap. They are attempting to get guests on their side about their working conditions. Most guests that I have seen entering or leaving have just put their head down and not stopped to listen or engage.

Tonight as my right seater and I were waiting on an Uber we were approached by what we believe was a housekeeper for the hotel. We tried not to engage, but after 90 seconds or so I broke. I asked her if she thought that the hotel wasn’t paying her enough or that the benefits weren’t worth it, why not find another job. She looked shocked and said “seriously?” She then asked if I liked having my room cleaned each day. I told her it was nice but an unnecessary luxury. I didn’t wash the sheets on my own bed at home daily, nor did I use a new towel each day. She then asked how many times I would need housekeeping in a week and I said once, certainly no more than twice. Apparently that was the wrong answer and she said something in a language other than English or Spanish.

About that time our Uber pulled up and I wished her well.

Still no clue why someone would work where they thought they were underpaid or didn’t get the benefits they thought they deserved. If you don’t like the paid, go across the street to the next hotel.
Stop acting like an over privileged prick for once.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Also, if you're broke, just scrape up some change and buy a lottery ticket and win the lottery.

Land of the free.
Brett Kavanaugh worked his ass off to get into Yale. Oh that's right, he was a legacy admission thanks to his grandfather.

Pick yourself up by your bootstraps and all that nonsense.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Also, if you're broke, just scrape up some change and buy a lottery ticket and win the lottery.

Land of the free.
Brett Kavanaugh worked his ass off to get into Yale. Oh that's right, he was a legacy admission thanks to his grandfather.

Are you implying that he was a drunk mediocre student? You’re confusing him with the actual womanizing mediocre student drunk, legacy Irishman. I won’t even bother with naming him as everyone knows who it was.

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Better yet, stop being a hotel maid and go get trained as a crane operator who makes $80k a year while learning the ropes and six figures once you get fully qualified. The only reason not to make good coin in this economy is because you refuse to move and make a change in your life. As the Messiah Obama once said, "This is the new normal," although I'm pretty sure he didn't mean what we've got now with plenty of jobs, good wages, and lower taxes.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:

Land of the free.

Are you implying that he was a drunk mediocre student? You’re confusing him with the actual womanizing mediocre student drunk, legacy Irishman. I won’t even bother with naming him as everyone knows who it was.

Shane McGowan?

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Stop acting like an over privileged prick for once.
I'll consider your request as soon as you stop with your lies/straw man/fake news.

Was just in the Hub City for the night 'Holic.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/us/p ... trump.html
By Michael D. Shear
Aug. 10, 2018

WASHINGTON — On Christmas Eve 1998, five days after the House impeached President Bill Clinton, Brett Kavanaugh urged his boss — Kenneth W. Starr, the independent counsel — not to pursue a criminal indictment of Mr. Clinton until after he left office.

Judge Kavanaugh, now President Trump’s nominee to fill the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the retirement of Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, delivered the advice in a private memorandum made public on Friday by the National Archives in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.

It shows that Judge Kavanaugh believed — rightly, it turned out — that the Senate would fail to convict the president for the “high crimes and misdemeanors” that Mr. Starr and Mr. Kavanaugh had enumerated for Congress after Mr. Clinton’s affair with Monica Lewinsky.

“After the Senate has concluded, I would send a letter to the attorney general explaining that we believe an indictment should not be pursued while the president is in office,” Judge Kavanaugh wrote. He urged Mr. Starr to close the independent counsel’s office, which had spent four years pursuing Mr. Clinton, so “the next president can decide what to do.”

Judge Kavanaugh’s position is consistent with the doubts about the Starr inquiry that he offered publicly and privately even as he helped investigate Mr. Clinton. Earlier that year, he had told a legal symposium that he did not believe a sitting president could be indicted.

That view is likely to be welcomed by Mr. Trump, who could find himself the subject of a similar debate as Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, is investigating whether Mr. Trump or his associates conspired with Russians to meddle in the 2016 elections or obstructed justice by lying to investigators about the case.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Fail.

From your piece:
not to pursue a criminal indictment of Mr. Clinton until after he left office.
Nowhere does he say Presidents are above the law. He suggested waiting until the President was out of office. If you want to debate the merits of waiting until a President is out of office we certainly can. We cannot debate your continued lies/straw man/fake news.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Rooster wrote:Better yet, stop being a hotel maid and go get trained as a crane operator who makes $80k a year while learning the ropes and six figures once you get fully qualified. The only reason not to make good coin in this economy is because you refuse to move and make a change in your life. As the Messiah Obama once said, "This is the new normal," although I'm pretty sure he didn't mean what we've got now with plenty of jobs, good wages, and lower taxes.
Or move to Texas and work in the oil fields. There are 6 figure jobs that they cannot fill.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Nowhere does he say Presidents are above the law. He suggested waiting until the President was out of office. If you want to debate the merits of waiting until a President is out of office we certainly can. We cannot debate your continued lies/straw man/fake news.
Earlier that year, he had told a legal symposium that he did not believe a sitting president could be indicted.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

Land of the free.

Kavanaugh kicked Trump out of your dome ?? You forgot to put Trumps name in this post.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Killian wrote:
Rooster wrote:Better yet, stop being a hotel maid and go get trained as a crane operator who makes $80k a year while learning the ropes and six figures once you get fully qualified. The only reason not to make good coin in this economy is because you refuse to move and make a change in your life. As the Messiah Obama once said, "This is the new normal," although I'm pretty sure he didn't mean what we've got now with plenty of jobs, good wages, and lower taxes.
Or move to Texas and work in the oil fields. There are 6 figure jobs that they cannot fill.
There was a larger truck stop in Portland that advertises $ 20 an hour, full benefits, health and a 401 K to pump gas. This is getting to be a standard wage in the service business in this area.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?