Top QBs

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: Top QBs

Post by Killian »

Ian Book played against an average NAIA defense. He's a solid player, nothing more, nothing less.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

If Dwayne Haskins is still that high on the list this coming Sunday, that might be good news.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ask any NFL scout who will be the first QB taken next year (assuming he goes. He might stick around, to play with his 4* TE brother).

But Bama has a good QB, for the first time since... the 70's?

Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

This was the first time I've really watched Herbert very extensively.

Incredibly accurate thrower and knows exactly where to put the ball. He completed, what, 21 of his first 23 throws on Saturday? And a lot of those were basically threading a needle between being defended or out of reach.

The thing that most surprised me, though, was his running ability. For a kid that big he's blazing fast, and quick. Reminds me a little of Andrew Luck at that stage.

I haven't had a chance to watch Tua that closely, though I've seen him make some remarkable throws.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Kyler Murray 17-21 432 yards 6 TD's
45 yds rushing 1 TD
Let's not forget this guy just yet
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Papa Willie wrote:
DiT wrote:Kyler Murray 17-21 432 yards 6 TD's
45 yds rushing 1 TD
Let's not forget this guy just yet
I'm still with him, Dave. God damn - that was insane yesterday. I've got him on my College FFL team. 52 points yesterday. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Too bad he's only playing one year
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
DiT wrote: Too bad he's only playing one year
I wish Tua could play more than one quarter! Alabama led 28-0 when Hurts checked in with about 1 minute left in the first quarter. Granted the Tide wasn't playing Cal, but...

I look forward to the day that he's needed to play an entire game.
Sure you do, you Crimson Snowflake. :lol:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

This stuff should be fairly simple to figure out. I mean, we ALL knew Patrick Mahomes was the best, most talented QB in the country when he was at Texas Tech, right? And not just another product of the gimmicky air raid? :meds:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And against such powerhouses defenses, too.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote: By the same token, your boy Herbert hasn't put up his far inferior numbers against tough Ds either.
I thought I heard that U of O has the weakest OOC of any Power 5 team... FUCKING THANKS, SEC! Bowling Green was actually the best opponent they found... AFTER 2 FUCKING SEC TEAMS CANCELLED H&H's. I can't even bitch about the schedule... that's all on Ass-To-Mouth and UGA. That was some serious bullshit.

Stanford had by far the best defensive stats in the country going into Week 4... and Herbert knocked them right the fuck out of that spot... there is that.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:This stuff should be fairly simple to figure out. I mean, we ALL knew Patrick Mahomes was the best, most talented QB in the country when he was at Texas Tech, right? And not just another product of the gimmicky air raid? :meds:
fwiw, actually, if you did see the kid play a few or more times.....he was pretty fucking good. good feet, big strong body if even maybe a little overweight.

but i get what you are saying. most of those air raid protegee of leach protegee kids throw for 8 billion yards and end up the OC at some school in Texas in 5 years anyway. Mahomes was a baller.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Killian wrote:Ian Book played against an average NAIA defense. He's a solid player, nothing more, nothing less.
I may have to rethink this stance. He is prone to a dumb interception every game and a half or so, but he's completing over 75% of his passes, averaging 8.7 YPA and has 13 TD's to 4 interceptions. I'm not a huge fan of this offense but if this is the offense that ND is going to run, it looks like Kelly has finally found the right kid to run it. He audibles well and is very good on RPO's. And while he hasn't faced an elite defense, he did play very well against Stanford and VaTech in back to back weeks.

Glad he's only a rSoph.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Tua = Andre Ware 2.0 Just another gimmick qb... with the luxery of 5 and 4 stars three deep at every position. He will be a monumental, first round flop in the NFL. Welcome to an even playing field 5 star... invest that signing bonus wisely.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Sudden Sam wrote:
H4ever wrote:Tua = Andre Ware 2.0 Just another gimmick qb... with the luxery of 5 and 4 stars three deep at every position. He will be a monumental, first round flop in the NFL. Welcome to an even playing field 5 star... invest that signing bonus wisely.
Who cares what he does in the NFL?

Tua is an incredible college QB. He reads defenses better and throws more accurately (until his knee injury...he's been prone to throwing a little high the last two weeks) than anyone I can think of in a looooong time. He's dropping passes into tight spots and on the money like crazy.
He is a great college qb, no doubt. Coming onto the field as a true freshman in the nat title game last year and taking over was impressive as hell. Just pointing out how many great college qb's are either flops or change positions. Frazier and Crouch come to mind. That and I wonder how he'd perform without 4 and 5 stars pass protecting and 4 and 5 stars at every skill position.