thank the spaghetti monster....

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

thank the spaghetti monster....

Post by smackaholic »

....for intact knee cartilage, if you fukkers have it.

Mrs Smack did not. Thursday she got a full knee replacement, port side. As best I can tell, there are way more fun ways to spend a weekend than recovering from such an ordeal or playing nurse for one that has.

Friday into Saturday was particularly fun as her BP dropped to 80/40. Doctors are rather hesitant to hand out narcs when you are in such a state. So, once they removed the nerve block it was knee replacement vs OTC Tylenol.

Tylenol lost that round badly.

Fortunately they got the BP above wags level yesterday, so Dr Feelgood stopped bogarting the opioids. She's still not having the best time, but it is tolerable.

When she is having a bad moment, I try reassuring her with 'at least you're not AP'.

It doesn't help much.

I am going to do what I can to take care of my knees. I am far to much of a pussy to go through that BS.

Any of you douches had a full aftermarket knee done yet?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: thank the spaghetti monster....

Post by BSmack »

I've known a few people to get knee replacements. I've never known anyone to enjoy the recovery.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Good luck. Hope she is a fast healer. So far here, Mrs.O had a couple of arthroscopic procedures on her knees. I've been lucky with no real problems, knock on wood.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote:....for intact knee cartilage, if you fukkers have it.

Mrs Smack did not. Thursday she got a full knee replacement, port side. As best I can tell, there are way more fun ways to spend a weekend than recovering from such an ordeal or playing nurse for one that has.

Friday into Saturday was particularly fun as her BP dropped to 80/40. Doctors are rather hesitant to hand out narcs when you are in such a state. So, once they removed the nerve block it was knee replacement vs OTC Tylenol.

Tylenol lost that round badly.

Fortunately they got the BP above wags level yesterday, so Dr Feelgood stopped bogarting the opioids. She's still not having the best time, but it is tolerable.

When she is having a bad moment, I try reassuring her with 'at least you're not AP'.

It doesn't help much.

I am going to do what I can to take care of my knees. I am far to much of a pussy to go through that BS.

Any of you douches had a full aftermarket knee done yet?
Well thanks there suckaholic, that is just a real fucking cheery story I wanted to read.

I has a partial hemi in late 2004. Worked out pretty good, started feeling some discomfort last year. I pretty much treated it like a normal knee, in and out of my semi, on and off my excavators and tractors, the wear caught up to me, plus when I was sick 6 years ago and lost 80 pounds, I never really got my muscle tone back. I started favoring it a lot last year, and as a result my muscles compensated for it and became quite weak.

About a month ago I had a moving sale at my survival compound and was on my feet for 2 days 10 hours solid. On that Monday my fucking knee felt like it was on fire, I was unable to walk on it and resorted to a cane to walk. Went to the orthopedic butcher a couple days later, and you did not have to be a doctor to see that the back side of the knee was seriously fucked up. The butcher recommended a complete replacement and started me on physical therapy. The therapy has done wonders and got me walking pretty good again. Not good enough to forgo the replacement however.

Now I hate hospitals, and don't really dig opioids at all. But I have to gain some more mobility back because having compromised movement at 60, is not good for the next 15 years. My neighbor has bad knees, Needs replacements. He weights 350 fucking pounds and is 72. The doctor will not operate unless he loses 100 pounds. He cannot or will not lose the weight so he hobbles around, house to car to store to house to chair. He cannot walk 100 feet. Now I don't weight no 350 fucking pounds, my GI doctor and primary care have all signed off on the procedure, just not looking forward to the pain.

Currently scheduled for the third week of September, I have a December 9 trip to the George Strait show in Vegas.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Derron, sorry to hear you are on the same path, but my impression of you from having the misfortune of having to read all your posts for many years is that you're a tough old fukk. You'll get through it. And lose your disrespect for opioids. Opiods are your fukking friend, just so long as you make it clear to them that they can hang out in the guest room for a few weeks and they can't take over.

88, I have heard of people doing a full replacement double play. How in the motherfukk does one do that? It must mean being pretty much bedridden for a few weeks. Rack her for getting through it and putting up with you for 50 plus years.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

88 wrote:My mother had both knees replaced at the same time. The recovery sucks donkey balls. But in 8 weeks or so, you are glad you went through the hell (so I am told).

Hips are supposed to be easier.

Hope the Mrs. is feeling better soon.
I have heard that hips are a piece of cake.

Mikey, your thoughts?

Jeesus, what a decrepid old bunch we've become.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Had a full knee replacement 6 or 7 years ago. Pretty sure the scar was quite visible in a certain photo posted here a few years back. Hope your wife looks half that good in a couple years.

Rehab is hell. Nice to be pain free now.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:
88 wrote:My mother had both knees replaced at the same time. The recovery sucks donkey balls. But in 8 weeks or so, you are glad you went through the hell (so I am told).

Hips are supposed to be easier.

Hope the Mrs. is feeling better soon.
I have heard that hips are a piece of cake.

Mikey, your thoughts?

Jeesus, what a decrepid old bunch we've become.
No knee replacements here. I had a relatively easy time with the hips, which were done in 2011. I had the left one done first and recovered quickly enough to get the right one done four weeks later and still be able to get around on crutches. Was walking without a cane in a few weeks. One of the best things I ever did as I was fast approaching cripple status, and have no pain at all any more and no restrictions on activity.

I do hear that knees are a lot harder though.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Derron wrote:Now I hate hospitals, and don't really dig opioids at all. But I have to gain some more mobility back because having compromised movement at 60, is not good for the next 15 years. My neighbor has bad knees, Needs replacements. He weights 350 fucking pounds and is 72. The doctor will not operate unless he loses 100 pounds. He cannot or will not lose the weight so he hobbles around, house to car to store to house to chair. He cannot walk 100 feet. Now I don't weight no 350 fucking pounds, my GI doctor and primary care have all signed off on the procedure, just not looking forward to the pain.
It's going to hurt. A lot. Really a lot. You'll probably cry like a little girl. With any luck, the surgeon will be drunk and put the knee in backwards. Or replace the wrong one.

Nice to see you reaching out to other posters, though.
About a month ago I had moving sale at my survival compound
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

My mom had a knee replacement last summer. Before she went in, she said I have to do this I can't stand the pain any longer. When she came out, she said I wish I hadn't done this, I will never do this again. She survived. It takes months for someone of that age to fully heal. She's 74. Her and my dad thought it would be a good idea for her to come home and him (78) take care of her. They live out in the country in TN and I offered to come help out, No, they said, they would be OK. I later found out he took her home and since they have several stairs to climb, it took her 2 hours in the 90 degree heat to get up the stairs. She got in the front door and fell on the entry way rug and could not get up. My dad dragged the rug with her on it over the wood floor where she laid for 9 hours. She still could not get up, so they called the paramedics who came and got her into bed. In the middle of the night she had to go to the bathroom, got out of bed and could not get back on the bed, which is higher than your normal bed. So she went to the living room and tried to lay on the couch, which is lower than a bed. She ended up on the floor again and could not get up. She has other problems like COPD and neuropathy, so this doesn't help her situation. They called paramedics again and they took her back to the hospital for 3 days, then rehab for a week or so while my dad built a ramp, a very long ramp so she could get into the house when she got home.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

That sucks what happened to your mom. It sounds like they were not at all well prepared for the procedure, and you can blame the doctor(s) for going through with it without making sure they were ready to deal with the recovery.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:That sucks what happened to your mom. It sounds like they were not at all well prepared for the procedure, and you can blame the doctor(s) for going through with it without making sure they were ready to deal with the recovery.
No shit. I was 50-something and nimble as a kitten, and they suggested sending me to a rehab facility. I laughed. I had the right knee replaced. After 5 weeks I told the surgeon I was ready to go back to work.

Doc: "OK, but you can't drive."
Me: "Why not?"
Doc: "You have enough strength in the right leg to push down the gas pedal, but not enough strength to push hard on the brake pedal if you need to."
Me: "I don't use the right foot to work the brake pedal."
Doc: :meds:

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I had a rehab nurse coming to my house twice a week for a couple of weeks after both of my hip replacements. She gave me some exercises to do, but mainly had to try and make sure I kept using the crutches.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

After 3 strong innings, the rookie starter Tramadol got beat up pretty bad last night. Dr Feelgood went to the pen for the veteran middle reliever Oxycodone.

Her first 2 nights home went very well. Apparently yesterday's visit by nurse Hatchet, the PT stirred things up. Last night wasn't much fun. Talk of I never should have done this, just kill me, cut it off were uttered. She also talked about jumping off the deck. I reminded her that I had tried that a few years back and didn't think it would help much. Hopefully the Oxy will get things settled down some. The nurse said that Tramadol was no where near enough for this sort of heavy lifting.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote: Pretty sure the scar was quite visible in a certain photo posted here a few years back. Hope your wife looks half that good in a couple years.

If the OL looks half as good as you in a few years, I'm gonna have to start drinking heavily. Maybe even more than you.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Pretty sure the scar was quite visible in a certain photo posted here a few years back. Hope your wife looks half that good in a couple years.

If the OL looks half as good as you in a few years, I'm gonna have to start drinking heavily. Maybe even more than you.
You just can't stand pretty, eh?

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:

If the OL looks half as good as you in a few years
BTW, did Screwball steal your password?

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
smackaholic wrote:

You just can't stand pretty, eh?
Not that version of pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I am happy to report that the Big O just struck out the side.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote: the Big O
You're having sex with her already? What was that about her looking half as good as me?

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
You're having sex with her already? What was that about her looking half as good as me?
I knew that one was coming.

No sex yet. I'm guessing though I could prolly double her up on the Oxy and get away with anal. That's some good shit!

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So. Ow I guess I gotta worry about her becoming a heroin junkie.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
You're having sex with her already?
Maybe with wolfman...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Neither, that I know of.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Damn, you people are old.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

STFU kid and get off my lawn uhhhh I mean thread.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

trev wrote:My dad dragged the rug with her on it over the wood floor where she laid for 9 hours.

What a -----> drag <----- it is getting old.

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:So. Ow I guess I gotta worry about her becoming a heroin junkie.

Be careful no gazing. I hear that happens in drug-induced situations.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Roach wrote:Rack this shit and rack smackaholic
Yeah, for some reason, OLs don't typically see the humor of stories about opioid assisted sodomy.