Wisconsin: Outdrinking your state since 1848

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Wisconsin: Outdrinking your state since 1848

Post by Goober McTuber »

Here’s a ranking that might give the list-happy boosters of Madison pause.

Madison ranks No. 4 on the list of America’s drunkest cities, which almost reads like a list of the drunkest cities in Wisconsin, since the Badger State accounts for 12 of the top 20.

“In Madison, 25.5 percent of adults report heavy or binge drinking on a regular basis, fourth highest nationwide,” reports 24/7 Wall St. “While excessive drinking does not always lead to adverse outcomes, it may be causing serious problems in the Madison area. Of driving deaths in a given year, 38.7 percent are alcohol related, one of the highest percentages nationwide.”

Wisconsin’s long been known to be a hard-drinking state, ranking No. 3 for both the number of bars and bars per capita.

Jan O’Neill of Health Rankings & Roadmaps, from which 24/7 drew data, said Wisconsinites tend to get numb to the fact that the state far exceeds the national average in alcohol consumption.

“Excessive alcohol use isn’t a laughing matter, and it isn’t something to be proud of,” she said.

Edging out Madison are, in ascending order, Green Bay, Oshkosh and, at the top spot, Appleton.

The national average for people who drink “unhealthy amounts of alcohol,” according to 24/7, is 18 percent. The range goes from 9.2 percent in Provo-Orem, Utah, to Appleton’s impressive 26.8 percent.

To find a non-Wisconsin drunk city in the top ten, you have to go to No. 5, Fargo, N.D., which is followed by — you guessed it — two more Wisconsin cities: La Crosse and Fond du Lac.

To come up with the list, 24/7 Wall St., a news and opinion content provider for news sites like Time, USAToday and MarketWatch, used self-reports of binge and heavy drinking from County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, a collaboration between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute.

The benchmarks were the CDC’s definitions for binge drinking — four or more drinks for women and five or more drinks for men — and heavy drinking — 15 or more drinks per week for men and eight or more for women.

O’Neill pointed out that in Madison local officials are working curb excessive drinking by controlling bar density, and other communities are enacting “social host” ordinances, which hold property owners liable for underage drinking.

“It is an issue that local communities can, and are, addressing,” she said.

1 Appleton
2 Oshkosh
3 Green Bay
4 Madison
5 Fargo, North Dakota
6 La Crosse
7 Fond du Lac
8 Ames, Iowa
9 Eau Claire
10 Mankato, Minnesota
11 Wausau
12 Sheboygan
13 Missoula, Montana
14 Grand Forks, North Dakota
15 Racine
16 Janesville
17 Milwaukee
18 Lincoln, Nebraska
19 Iowa City, Iowa
20 Corvallis, Oregon

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/c ... 19149.html
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Wisconsin: Outdrinking your state since 1848

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: “Excessive alcohol use isn’t a laughing matter, and it isn’t something to be proud of,” she said.
She's right.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: 1 Appleton
2 Oshkosh
3 Green Bay
4 Madison
5 Fargo, North Dakota
6 La Crosse
7 Fond du Lac
8 Ames, Iowa
9 Eau Claire
10 Mankato, Minnesota
11 Wausau
12 Sheboygan
13 Missoula, Montana
15 Racine
16 Janesville
17 Milwaukee
18 Lincoln, Nebraska
19 Iowa City, Iowa
20 Corvallis, Oregon
What do all these cities have in common? Unlivable shitholes.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: 1 Appleton
2 Oshkosh
3 Green Bay
4 Madison
5 Fargo, North Dakota
6 La Crosse
7 Fond du Lac
8 Ames, Iowa
9 Eau Claire
10 Mankato, Minnesota
11 Wausau
12 Sheboygan
13 Missoula, Montana
15 Racine
16 Janesville
17 Milwaukee
18 Lincoln, Nebraska
19 Iowa City, Iowa
20 Corvallis, Oregon
What do all these cities have in common? Unlivable shitholes.
Go to the original article and check out the list of "driest" cities. Most of them are unlivable shitholes as well.
Dominated by UT (no surprise there), TN, KY WV and AL. Maybe because the necks don't actually know what "binge" means.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/201 ... n-america/
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:What do all these cities have in common? Unlivable shitholes.
Spent a lot of time in Corvallis, have you?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:What do all these cities have in common? Unlivable shitholes.
I hear it's a real vacation destination.

Total Population: 55,298
OSU Corvallis Enrollment: 24,383 plus about 6,000 non-student Faculty/Staff

No wonder there's a large amount of binge drinking going on.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
I would question how many of those cities he's ever set foot in. You could probably count them on one of his girlfriend's balls.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

So three then?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: I would question how many of those cities he's ever set foot in.
You don't have to go to Flint to know it's a shithole, right? Same with Vallejo.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: I would question how many of those cities he's ever set foot in.
You don't have to go to Flint to know it's a shithole, right? Same with Vallejo.
But not the same with Madison, Appleton, Eau Claire, etc. Cities that often make best place to live lists. Yeah, you're still a dumbfuck.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Actually, with the exception of the college town in Oregon, the one thing all of those places have in common is brutally cold winters. Small wonder they drink so much.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

me - person right about the "live"
btw - all the people in the bottom picture are drinking tons of brandy and beer. Buuuuurppppppp!

Madison is ALWAYS voted one of the best cities in America. Major University with over 40k students all living downtown, State Government, Downtown right on an isthmus between two crystal clear lakes, and when I was growning up 95 percent White. Sure, there are tons of libtards and Obama is tearing down housing projects in the Chicago ghetto and shipping wild animals to Madison with one way bus tickets....but even despite all that....Madison is still pretty cool place to live from April - November.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

I'd binge drink as well if Scott Brown was my governor.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

If you think Scott Brown is a governor, you likely are a binge drinker.

You're thinking of the dude that moves from state to state in the U&R running for Senator.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

smackaholic wrote:If you think Scott Brown is a governor, you likely are a binge drinker.

You're thinking of the dude that moves from state to state in the U&R running for Senator.
:oops:

Scott Walker.

Both are rethuglican tards, though.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22