Props to Sparty and MGO

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Props to Sparty and MGO

Post by Mace »

Congrats for last night's win and the playoff berth. It was a great game and well played by both teams. I thought the MSU offensive line wore down the Iowa defense by the 4th quarter which resulted in their final drive for the winning TD. Enjoy the playoff run, MGO.

I also think that Iowa proved all of the naysayers wrong and that, despite their perceived "weak schedule", they proved that they belonged in the conversation with the "big boys." Great season for the Hawkeyes and I'm anxious to see their bowl destination, and expecting a Rose Bowl selection against Mikey's boys. This year's team is far from the best Iowa team that Ferentz has had in his 17 years at Iowa, but they're pretty damn good.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Props to Sparty and MGO

Post by Shoalzie »

Iowa belongs in the top 6-10 at worst. The resume wasn't great but neither was Ohio State's. Take the names off the results and tell me Iowa and Ohio State didn't have basically the resume. Each team routed a ranked conference foe on the road but there's not much else. You can't really control the strength of your opposition but the B1G West was weaker than the B1G East. Props to Iowa but State definitely was the best team in the B1G this year.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Hell of a game, Mace. I was on the edge of my seat for four quarters. The Hawkeye defense was filthy, especially that secondary. Desmond King, what a player. Cook could not get into a rhythm, but made the throws he had to make. Iowa played well enough to win but their defensive line got worn down a bit in the 4th quarter and that was the only real difference in the game. Hope your boys go on to represent in the Rose Bowl. Iowa/Stanford would be very similar to the MSU/Stanford Rose Bowl from 2013. That will be fun to watch if you like smashmouth football.

Also, hope Canzeri can get back healthy for your bowl game. That was a tough loss.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

fuck that punk bitch.

I'm pulling for bama to push his shit in and break his neck.

this little 9 second video told me all i need to know about that peice of shit
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

There were a number of pivotal plays in the game but, imo, the two biggest were the fluke interception in the end zone that kept Iowa from getting at least 3 points from that possession and secondly, the holding call by the MSU corner on Vandeberg when he had the DB beat for what could have been an Iowa TD or at least putting them in FG position. A smart play by the defender that hurt the Hawkeyes. Iowa roughing the kicker was also a huge play in the game to extend the MSU drive.

Oh well, looking forward to the Rose Bowl against Stanford now, and the Winter meetings to see who else the Cubs might get through FA or trades.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Moby Dick wrote:

fuck that punk bitch.

Jesus man, get a grip. It's not like he beat his kid's scrotum with a switch; it was just an awkward moment after an emotional win. He did apologize afterwards pretty profusely and seemed genuine about it. Just got caught up in the moment, and said he felt terrible after watching the video.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:

fuck that punk bitch.

Jesus man, get a grip. It's not like he beat his kid's scrotum with a switch; it was just an awkward moment after an emotional win. He did apologize afterwards pretty profusely and seemed genuine about it. Just got caught up in the moment, and said he felt terrible after watching the video.

found that grip.
:lol:

nice reset on AD tho... don't really have a use for that guy either other than scoring me points in the FFL..

didnt see where he apologized about being a dick ..glad to hear
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

It's all good, but you'd better hope Jay in Phoenix doesn't read this thread.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Jay in Phoenix can read??? Who knew? :)
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I don't know anybody who has been beaten in the scrotum with a stick, so hilarious reset Mgo.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

BSmack wrote:I don't know anybody who has been beaten in the scrotum with a stick, so hilarious reset Mgo.
You don't watch or pay much attention to football clearly.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

BSmack wrote:I don't know anybody who has been beaten in the scrotum with a stick, so hilarious reset Mgo.
You don't watch or pay much attention to football clearly.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.