We support the guy on the ground...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: We support the guy on the ground...

Post by smackaholic »

Has the chairforce already decided to shitcan the A-10? Do they have a replacement or do they just figure we'll never do "boots on the ground" again?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I'm just impressed by the bad-ass-ness of the A-10.
Now thar Skynet has become aware... it's of no use.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Why aren't those things blasting the shit out of ISIS or whatever they call them and their awesome armada of pick up trucks? OK, I know the answer, and the shithead lives in our White House.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Wolfman wrote:Why aren't those things blasting the shit out of ISIS or whatever they call them and their awesome armada of pick up trucks?
Gee, I don't know. Maybe because it isn't our problem?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Wolfman wrote:Why aren't those things blasting the shit out of ISIS or whatever they call them and their awesome armada of pick up trucks?
Gee, I don't know. Maybe because it isn't our problem?
But wouldn't it be cool to see footage of it on Fox and Friends?
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Don't forget, our jug earred idiot in the Oval Office is intent on the Islamization of the US. It's not by accident that you see muzzles walking around everywhere in traditional garb.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Rooster wrote:It's not by accident that you see muzzles walking around everywhere in traditional garb.
Yeah, because they shouldn't be allowed to do that, should they?

I'm thinking these guys should probably be arrested too.

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
Rooster wrote:It's not by accident that you see muzzles walking around everywhere in traditional garb.

Considering what that "music" sounds like, yes, they should be arrested.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Considering what that "music" sounds like, yes, they should be arrested.
Maybe A-10s would be more appropriate.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Mikey wrote:

A major difference being that these guys aren't trying to force their bizarre behavior on the rest of us.
Nor have those guys in skirts proclaimed we should all die as should our country.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:A major difference being that these guys aren't trying to force their bizarre behavior on the rest of us.
Nor have those guys in skirts proclaimed we should all die as should our country.
Nor have the vast majority of Muslims whose traditional dress has Rooster's panties all bunched up.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

We should use an A-10 on Y'all Queda. They are trying to force their bizarre behavior (and dress) on all of us.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yes, I suppose normal heterosexuality would seem "bizarre" to a dick drunk pedophile like you.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

When "worlds collide" in Diego's reality...

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:Has the chairforce already decided to shitcan the A-10? Do they have a replacement or do they just figure we'll never do "boots on the ground" again?
Yes. They will use the F-35 in CAS situations. Lawmakers are blocking the retirement.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Yes. They will use the F-35 in CAS situations.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Lawmakers fighting for their district's military pork. Imagine that.

I gotta wonder if the F35 can do the job as well? And at what cost. The Warthog has a pretty good track record. I understand that having multi-capability aircraft is helpful sometimes, but will you end up with a jack of all trades, master of none situation. Other than the multi-mission capabilities, does the F35 provide other advantages? I suppose stealth may be one, but when you are flying low and slow and the bad guys are putting up as much lead as they can toss, stealth doesn't mean much. The warthog has no stealth, but from what I know, it can take a pretty nasty punch. Will an F35 do as well flying through machine gun and rpg fire?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

There is nothing and I do mean nothing that the F-35 can do in the CAS role that the A-10 can't do better, safer and for a mere fraction of the cost.
Lawmakers fighting for their district's military pork. Imagine that.

That's not it. The Air Farce has been trying to weasel out of the CAS mission for decades. They want nothing to do with it. There was a shitstorm of outrage when they announced they were going to retire the A-10s. That's one big reason it was blocked. Oh yes, and the F-35 isn't ready, might never be ready nor have they developed the necessary close support weapons and tactics.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Seems to me, the Army ought to just do what the Navy does and have their own fukking airforce if the flyboys don't want to do it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote:The Air Farce has been trying to weasel out of the CAS mission for decades.
Interesting. Tell me more about this.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Prolly has to do with the fact that the chair force doesn't like to have to follow orders from the army.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Y'all Queda

Awesome.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
mvscal wrote:The Air Farce has been trying to weasel out of the CAS mission for decades.
Interesting. Tell me more about this.
It goes back to the original spin off of the Air Farce from the Army which prohibits the Army from flying fixed wing aircraft. From an organizational point of view, the AF defines its mission as deep strike and interdiction at the operational and strategic level. Anything which diverts resources from that primary mission such as tactical close air support is considered an unwelcome distraction. The only thing the AF wants less than the CAS mission is to see the Army take it from them. It's pure bureaucratic dick dancing at its worst.

It's telling that, as far as I know, the A-10 is the only 100% dedicated CAS platform that the USAAF/USAF has ever built. The truly sick thing is that one of the primary motivations for the development of the A-10 was to kill the Army's Cheyenne attack helicopter program and, as soon as the Cheyenne program was cancelled, there was a contingent in the AF that wanted to pull the plug on the A-10 right then and there.

Needless to say, the Army isn't particularly gratified by this attitude and have been trying to work around it as best they can with rotary wing attack aircraft which have a fuckton of firepower but are highly vulnerable. Of course the obvious solution is to give the A-10s and the CAS mission to the Army. All you need to do is shift a couple billion dollars from the Air Force budget to the Army budget. Piece of cake, right?

Here's a paper from the War College on the development of the A-10. It's a little dry but you might find it interesting. It's just the tip of the iceberg on the subject, though.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 1022,d.cGU
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote:Seems to me, the Army ought to just do what the Navy does and have their own fukking airforce if the flyboys don't want to do it.
Worked pretty well for the Marine Corps so far.

http://www.marines.com/being-a-marine/r ... nt?nav=lp1
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yeah, kind of interesting how the Navy doesn't have any problems with letting jarheads fly their birds, but, it probably comes down to the fact that the Navy owns the Corp and gets to hold the check book.

Wonder if electing a business guy like Trump will have any effect on this fukked up military industrial complex tribal war bullshit.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Wonder if electing a business guy like Trump will have any effect on this fukked up military industrial complex tribal war bullshit.
:meds:

You think Lockheed, Northrop and Raytheon wouldn't buy him off?
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Rooster wrote:Don't forget, our jug earred idiot in the Oval Office is intent on the Islamization of the US. It's not by accident that you see muzzles walking around everywhere in traditional garb.
I say we declare a moratorium on the Muslim faith nationwide, in the interest of national security, until the ISIS and other fuck-tard factions of Islam are wiped out. Oh but that might take a couple hundred years? sweet. We put the Japanese in internment camps during WW2. Fuck 'em.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
smackaholic wrote: Wonder if electing a business guy like Trump will have any effect on this fukked up military industrial complex tribal war bullshit.

They would try, but, that fukker already has a pretty good pile of cash. And another thing he has is a ginormous ego. He wants the job and he wants people to look back on him when he is done and say, that fukker did a good job. Barry doesn't seem to care much about that. He just wants to be in power and to see to it that his people stay in power. Same goes with Hillary.Sshe fukking knows people don't like her, but she doesn't care, so long as she is in power.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

Why would they try to buy him? Congress controls the purse strings.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Good point.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:

Why would they try to buy him? Congress controls the purse strings.
Allegedly.

That is the way it's supposed to work, but the keystone cops we have now, certainly have purses, but Obama has full control over their strings.