Nice job Petey

Post by Mikey »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Lolololol
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Nice job Petey

Post by smackaholic »

Quite possibly the worst call in the history of organized sports.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Second and <1, you have a fukking bulldozer in the backfield and you get fancy?

Here's your fukking sign, Pete. :lol: :lol: :lol:
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Gotta love that look of astonishment/bewilderment on Cheaty's face. Priceless!

As a sidenote: According to Guiness, a new record time was set in how fast a bandwagon was unloaded. :lol:
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Regardless, it was a great game.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

A fitting ending for a classless organisation like the Seahawks.

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

FLW Buckeye wrote: As a sidenote: According to Guiness, a new record time was set in how fast a bandwagon was unloaded. :lol:
As a sidenote: All of that pre made Super Bowl champions Seachickens gear is now being loaded onto banana boats and being shipped back to the manufacturers in the Dominican Republic to disperse to the inhabitants of that 3rd world island.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

pretty sure that shit gets burned. Otherwise those dominican urchins would be peddling it on feebay.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Guys, everyone knows pick plays on the goal line in the clutch are always a good idea.

Sin,

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Pete definitely saved Belichick's ass for not calling a timeout 30 seconds earlier.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Pete can talk all he wants about NE putting in the Goalline defense and them having 3 WRs and the best thing to do is to throw it in that spot. Everyone knows he is wrong.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Overall Carroll is a great coach, but he and/or Bevell screwed the pooch on this one. There was absolutely no reason not to give it to Beast Mode. I feel bad for the Seahawk players who played hard enough to win but had it ripped from them by their coaching staff.

Props to the Cheatriots on winning their asterisk-laced championship. Special congrats to their thug running back who worked hard for so many years to get this team to the championship. :meds:
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

That was about the most monumentally stupid play call I've ever seen. Great coach, though.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Has Marshawn ever gotten less than 2 yards in that situation?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote:their asterisk-laced championship.
The only asterisk around here is Cheatey's blistered dimehole.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I heard on a DSM sports show this morning someone trying to say that bone headed play calling is Pete's MO over the years.

Dude compared last night's call to the SC Texas title game when Pete called on White instead of Bush on 4th and short. That was such a poor take that it made me wonder if noj was speaking, given the location.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:I heard on a DSM sports show this morning someone trying to say that bone headed play calling is Pete's MO over the years.

Dude compared last night's call to the SC Texas title game when Pete called on White instead of Bush on 4th and short. That was such a poor take that it made me wonder if noj was speaking, given the location.
That comes from Bill Plaschke, LA Times, page 1, top left column of the sports section this morning. The LA sports press is still nursing their sphincters nine years after that MNC debacle.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote:
But, not having Bush on the field as at least a decoy or check down was a bone head part of that play

I guess?

Bush had almost all of his rushing yards on two or three carries that night, and after one of them he fumbled. He was better better as a receiver that night, but even then one of his longest plays was in the last 20 seconds of the game while Texas was playing prevent. White had been getting the tough yards all night and I think most agreed he was the one to carry it there. I guess you could line up Bush as a WR and make Texas think about him, but they would have gone man coverage on him anyway.

Pete gave the ball to the correct guy in 2006 and not last night.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Autocorrect can be a bitch.

I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

FLW Buckeye wrote:
As a sidenote: According to Guiness, a new record time was set in how fast a bandwagon was unloaded.

Dude, if you ain't in the Upper Left corner of the country, you frankly have no idea. Sure, any team that makes a run at a title is going to draw a bandwagon (and let's be real -- bandwagoners are the financial engine that drives pro sports), but the Idiots To My North have raised bandwagoning to a new level.

I mean, we're talking about people who are so ignorant about the sport that they stole another team's catchphrase/tradition, cheapened it, and marketed it...

And then it got really funny -- they got sued over it... and yet still can't figure out why they're fucking tards, and have stuck with it.

But these morons are fun to fuck with. My friends and I often hit up games at a local watering hole, which will result in mingling with idiots in Lynch or Wilson jerseys -- OK, let me clarify that -- we'll see the jerseys right up until the Chickens lose. After a couple (14) of pops, I'll start bring up names like Joey Galloway and Shawn Springs -- which will invariably invoke a "who?" from them.

Easily the worst "fan" base I've ever seen.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Special congrats to their thug running back who worked hard for so many years to get this team to the championship.
Thug?

Maybe.

But maybe you should do a little research (because Chicken fan doesn't follow the sport unless "their" team is making a run), and figure out which of the starting RBs has been arrested/convicted more.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Dinsdale wrote:
FLW Buckeye wrote:
As a sidenote: According to Guiness, a new record time was set in how fast a bandwagon was unloaded.

Dude, if you ain't in the Upper Left corner of the country, you frankly have no idea. Sure, any team that makes a run at a title is going to draw a bandwagon (and let's be real -- bandwagoners are the financial engine that drives pro sports), but the Idiots To My North have raised bandwagoning to a new level.

I mean, we're talking about people who are so ignorant about the sport that they stole another team's catchphrase/tradition, cheapened it, and marketed it...

And then it got really funny -- they got sued over it... and yet still can't figure out why they're fucking tards, and have stuck with it.

But these morons are fun to fuck with. My friends and I often hit up games at a local watering hole, which will result in mingling with idiots in Lynch or Wilson jerseys -- OK, let me clarify that -- we'll see the jerseys right up until the Chickens lose. After a couple (14) of pops, I'll start bring up names like Joey Galloway and Shawn Springs -- which will invariably invoke a "who?" from them.

Easily the worst "fan" base I've ever seen.
Ever heard of Curt Warner? But then again, Shawn Kemp was a great tight end. (mocking the ignorance of bandwagon fans)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

H4ever wrote: Ever heard of Curt Warner?
He was that QB for the Rams, right?

I kid.

But that guy is a serious DICK. After Colin Cowherd moved back to town and started his radio show (like him or hate him, irrelevant), Warner opened up a Chevy dealership in Vancouver (Across the Creek in the Couv, a phrase Colin coined). With no money changing hands or advertising, Cowherd brought it up on his show, and basically gave Warner free plugs. Right up until Warner called him (on air, no less), and threatened legal action if Cowherd continued to try and exploit his name."

Which really didn't go over too well. Colin agreed wholeheartedly -- and told him "Done. Your name will never, ever be spoken on this station again. And since you're proving yourself to be overly-litigious, we'll make sure that neither this station nor any of the affiliates sell advertising to you." And they never did. He sold it a few years ago, since his (and GM's) crappy business policies were making him broke.

In the fine tradition of PSU running backs, the guy is an asshole.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Dinsdale wrote:
H4ever wrote: Ever heard of Curt Warner?
He was that QB for the Rams, right?

I kid.

But that guy is a serious DICK. After Colin Cowherd moved back to town and started his radio show (like him or hate him, irrelevant), Warner opened up a Chevy dealership in Vancouver (Across the Creek in the Couv, a phrase Colin coined). With no money changing hands or advertising, Cowherd brought it up on his show, and basically gave Warner free plugs. Right up until Warner called him (on air, no less), and threatened legal action if Cowherd continued to try and exploit his name."

Which really didn't go over too well. Colin agreed wholeheartedly -- and told him "Done. Your name will never, ever be spoken on this station again. And since you're proving yourself to be overly-litigious, we'll make sure that neither this station nor any of the affiliates sell advertising to you." And they never did. He sold it a few years ago, since his (and GM's) crappy business policies were making him broke.

In the fine tradition of PSU running backs, the guy is an asshole.
Seems like a lot of the great ones were dicks. Heard Jim Brown was one of the biggest pricks on the planet.. bitter, racist and just a straight-up doucher. But man could he run the ball.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote:There was absolutely no reason not to give it to Beast Mode.
No reason, eh?

Lynch had 5 carries this season from inside the 2.

He went 1-for-5. But I understand -- you're a Seahawks "fan," and didn't watch a game until Week 16 (along with the rest of the "fan"base).

Props to the Cheatriots on winning their asterisk-laced championship.
What asterisk is that?

If you think for one second that Seattle (and every other team in the league) doesn't do shit to doctor up gameballs, you're about as dumb as... a Seahawks fan.

But way to be a good transplant -- you've got the Seahawk whining and excuse-making down Pat.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Dinsdale wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:Props to the Cheatriots on winning their asterisk-laced championship.
What asterisk is that?

If you think for one second that Seattle (and every other team in the league) doesn't do shit to doctor up gameballs, you're about as dumb as... a Seahawks fan.

But way to be a good transplant -- you've got the Seahawk whining and excuse-making down Pat.

Got to second that. What asterisk?
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:

Got to second that. What asterisk?

Seattle sports "fan."

Always an excuse.

And Toolio -- hate to break it to you, but the Chickens sold out the very first game they played.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dinsdale wrote:Lynch had 5 carries this season from inside the 2.

He went 1-for-5.

Dinsdale wrote:What asterisk is that?

So we've got (according to you) all the teams in the league doctoring balls -- and of course the NFL allows it, by checking balls two hours before a game and then leaving the balls with... the team. lol

The league has no enforced standard for perhaps the most vital piece of equipment. lol again

Looks to me as if the whole damn league deserves an asterisk.

The Nutless Football League is not quite yet as silly as pro wrasslin', but it's moving up the totem pole.
Approaching Big Time College Farceball level now.

After further review, Brandon Pettigrew was not interfered with. lol
After further review... Dez Bryant did not catch the ball. lol

After further review, skrew off, NFL.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote: But that guy is a serious DICK. After Colin Cowherd moved back to town and started his radio show (like him or hate him, irrelevant), Warner opened up a Chevy dealership in Vancouver (Across the Creek in the Couv, a phrase Colin coined). With no money changing hands or advertising, Cowherd brought it up on his show, and basically gave Warner free plugs. Right up until Warner called him (on air, no less), and threatened legal action if Cowherd continued to try and exploit his name."

Wow, Colin Cowturd won an asshole-off? Can't say I'm surprised.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: But that guy is a serious DICK. After Colin Cowherd moved back to town and started his radio show (like him or hate him, irrelevant), Warner opened up a Chevy dealership in Vancouver (Across the Creek in the Couv, a phrase Colin coined). With no money changing hands or advertising, Cowherd brought it up on his show, and basically gave Warner free plugs. Right up until Warner called him (on air, no less), and threatened legal action if Cowherd continued to try and exploit his name."

Wow, Colin Cowturd won an asshole-off? Can't say I'm surprised.
Colin was amusing to fuck with. He had a lot of people who just called his show to get his goat and get ran. I called his show twice, once to take issue with some baseball take he had, and he just lost it. We went back and forth and he finally hit the dump button on me. I called in about 6 weeks later using a fake name and a different number, got about 3 sentences out and he recognized my voice, hit the mute, told me to fuck off and never call again, ( kind of like here you know), I did get a quick " Fuck you Colin" in before he hung up on me.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Rack Dins. I wasn't quick to second guess like everyone in the house I was watching the game with. I looked up Lynch's success on the goaline this year and it wasn't good. I actually liked the playcall, however, I would've chosen a much less risky fade into the corner of the endzone to one of my big receivers rather than the quick slant pick play.

It seems everyone wants to blame someone rather than giving the Butler kid props for timing that play perfectly and stepping into the lane. He couldn't have executed that any better than he did in the biggest moment and on the biggest stage. That was a great play. Wilson didn't fuck up, nor did Pete.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Go Coogs' wrote:

It seems everyone wants to blame someone rather than giving the Butler kid props for timing that play perfectly and stepping into the lane. He couldn't have executed that any better than he did in the biggest moment and on the biggest stage. That was a great play.
Couldn't agree more. The guy still had to make the play and he did. More people need to give him credit for that.

Go Coogs' wrote: Wilson didn't fuck up, nor did Pete.
Disagree on this. The play call was still a bad idea and Wilson could have thrown it out the back of the end zone or changed the play call.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dumb play call against a stacked box. IIRC, they only had 3 DBs on defense. That would have had a LB on a receiver if they had thrown a fade.

BUT... shit play call or not, it's all on Wilson (who despite an impressive QB rating in the game, played horribly). Just a dumb ass throw.

But hey, after such a shitty game, in a contract year, the Bandwagon's "golden boy" wants to go play baseball this spring, rather than trying to improve at football... what a leader.