It's been a long time...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

It's been a long time...

Post by Moby Dick »

since an OU season has been THIS painful to watch.

maybe it's because i've been able to catch more games this year than the past 2...QB play is very hard to watch. Knight is crazy streaky and i still don't trust him.

down 10 at halftime at home and Baylor gets the ball back...looking like 9-3 season...10-3 if we're lucky with a crappy bowl game against the Big 10?

Stoops' seat SHOULD be getting warm and rightfully so.

also..Mike Stoops...stop the "ape shit after every play on Defense" routine....it got old in 02.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Re: It's been a long time...

Post by OUMO »

Baylor 4th and short inside the OU ten, Baylor calls a timeout.. coming out the timeout the OU defense gets called for 12 men on the field and Baylor gets an automatic 1st down and goal to go......
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

pretty disappointing. i don't know, same Sooners we've seen. pick 6 basically, missed FG, bad communication b/ween coaches and players on the field resulting in TO, penalties, crucial errors at the absolute worst time.

i agree, they are hard to watch. some kind of collective psychological issue. like watching someone with a concussion ride a bicycle through traffic or something.

the other mediocre Stoops teams at least seemed to get better as the year went on....these guys are in a constant loop of self-defeat (against good teams at least).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Moby Dick wrote: also..Mike Stoops...stop the "ape shit after every play on Defense" routine....it got old in 02.
Maybe if he yelled less and coached more they might get a little more from the players. Dude had two officials laughing right in his face at one point.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Never thought I'd see the day when Baylor would absolutely roll OU in Norman.

Still rubbing my eyes when I see that score.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Only had six defensive snaps with a player in the secondary within seven yards of the line; none with two.

The first three series they let TK9 call audibles and moved the ball. Then he made a sophomoric mistake with the pick 6 and the coaching staff took it out of the game. It was all meerkat on offense after that and we never sniffed a TD but once again the entire game and we got stood on the goal line for it.

I don't know how to defend the coaching staff anymore. Both the offensive and defensive game planning is terrible at a minimum.

Jesus Christ, we have the best blitzing LB in the country and we're dropping six and seven men on defense into soft coverage, every mod damn down. And the offensive game planning is even worse.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.