It's still great to be a Wolverine

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Carr Guy
Jake

It's still great to be a Wolverine

Post by Carr Guy »

I don't care what anyone says, i LOVE the fire and attitude of this team. The way we went out before the game and drove a spike into midfield at Sparty Stadium, THAT is the kind of no fear toughness this team is all about. That we aren't going to take crap from nobody! Yes I know we went on to lose a tight one but wins and losses are just stats. it's about building your program, RECRUITING, and making bold statements like that against a rival. I had a chance to shake Brady Hoke's hand after the game and I told him he has my 100% backing. He is the right man for the job because he understands what Michigan is all about. I just wish everyone could experience what it was like to root for the University of Michigan, you never have a bad day.

GO BLUE!!
Those who stay will be champions.
Carr Guy
Jake

Re: It's still great to be a Wolverine

Post by Carr Guy »

Ok I think I remember how to post photos

Those who stay will be champions.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Carr Guy wrote:we went on to lose a tight one
So did we.

Sin,
France, Circa 1940
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I can't wait for the day Gardner is no longer with that program...and why the hell is he still wearing a legend's number? It was cute for that Notre Dame night game...now it's just sad.

I'm pretty confident that Hoke is toast...there's no need to beat that dead horse. He tries to save face with his 'aw shucks' act in regards to the Morris concussion botching and now with the dumb ass who drove the stake into the turf at Spartan Stadium. This is a guy that doesn't have control of his program. It makes me want to puke but Michigan State is the best program in this state and there's no slowing that down unless someone new rides into town and wants to change it. Keep pissing Dantonio off when he's got the better team and they'll run up the score on them worse next season.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Who gives a shit about the stake? Like MSU wasn't going to put 40 on scUM if presented with the opportunity. It's all just parsing hairs at this point.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Carr Guy wrote:Yes I know we went on to lose a tight one
What week are you referring to, you wet-brained fucktard?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

This forum fucking sucks.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Summary of game:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Papa Willie wrote:Shoalzie - between the Falcons and Michigan, I think we're both going to die young of old age... :(

I knew State would win...and win easily. I'm most pissed about this season at how inept and sloppy this team is. I don't even know what I'm watching anymore. Their only identity is of a mistake-prone clumsy team.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Looks like Brady Hoke telling his players to bring him a large steak before the game got taken wayyyyy out of context.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Tressel and Dantonio-- the two most influential catalysts of turning Michigan into Mediocre.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Sudden Sam wrote:Spray, love your new avatar. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would like to suggest that Alabama sped up Michigan's downfall with the 41-14 mashing in 2012.

Also, Alabama turned Michigan State's program around with the 49-7 thumping after the 2010 season. Dantonio realized they had to get bigger, stronger and faster...and did it.

Glad to help.
If there was any game that started their decline, take a long look at the Appy State game.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:I would like to suggest that Alabama sped up Michigan's downfall with the 41-14 mashing in 2012.
How in the world did your guys give up 2 TDs to that team??? Michigan has scored just one touchdown on MSU in three years...in garbage time...after MSU turned the ball over in UM's territory. I'm still somewhat upset about that.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Nothing cuter than a troll being responded to by its creator, this place is fucked.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:
FLW Buckeye wrote: If there was any game that started their decline, take a long look at the Appy State game.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS.

Michigan has never been the same. Hell - it would take any team probably a decade to recover from something that bizarre...
Actually, Michigan had a strong finish that year. Won 9 of their remaining 11 games including a bowl win over a Tebow-led UF team.

Their unraveling is complicated, but started immediately after they rushed Lloyd Carr out the door because they thought they were "above" 9 and 10 win seasons.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

88 wrote:I have no doubt that Michigan will rebuild and return to being a perennial power in college football in a couple of years. Unfortunately.
Couple years, eh? I'll take that bet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Their unraveling is complicated, but started immediately after they rushed Lloyd Carr out the door because they thought they were "above" 9 and 10 win seasons.
Pretty much. Love it.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

WolverineSteve wrote:Nothing cuter than a troll being responded to by its creator, this place is fucked.
Aw, board dinosaur gets his panties bunched. Story at 11.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Oh they'll be nationally competitive again, I just wouldn't bank on it happening in two years. They are about to go through their third coaching change, are losing recruits off a team already devoid of talent, and will also be looking for a new AD. Granted, those are good things for UM in the long run, but not a great recipe for immediate success.

And since it is unlikely that they will attract a "home run hire", they are going to have to bank on no small amount of luck that whoever their next HC is can prove himself beyond his resume.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yes. If he didn't leave the first time, why would he do it now when UM is in even worse shape than before?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

FLW Buckeye wrote:
If there was any game that started their decline, take a long look at the Appy State game.
Then the next week, a certain star QB came into the Big House and took the opportunity to make his career highlight film at Michigan's expense.

Good times.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Am I way off base to assume it will be Les Miles?
Do you make a specific effort to be this stupid, or does it come naturally?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Why would Les Miles have any interest in a shitty ass program like UM? You really are that stupid. Try again, shitstain.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: And since it is unlikely that they will attract a "home run hire", they are going to have to bank on no small amount of luck that whoever their next HC is can prove himself beyond his resume.
Am I way off base to assume it will be Les Miles?
Jim Harbaugh is going to be the next head coach at UM!

Sincerely,

Slobbering Sam
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I don't think it has as much to do with Miles loving Baton Rouge as it does that he's 60 and he fucked Gary Moeller's wife the last time he was in AA.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:You're making a helluva run to take over m2's spot as board bitch.
You don't know jack shit about football, or, frankly anything, other than Alabama and SEC ball licking. Go back to your ball and chain, ask her if you're done doing her laundry.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nah, I got 40 years of this to reach your point, grandpa.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Report: Brandon stepping down as AD

I'll get my trifecta of joy after the season is over...Brandon, Hoke and Gardner will no longer be at Michigan.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Went to the Big House today. Spirits are high. Supporters of the program (me) know that it's about more than wins and losses. There is far too much history in AA. We will be back. You bunch a fucks that sit back and talk shit and have no clue of the pulse of the team and school you pretend to support don't get it. It's about so much more than winning games on Saturday. Winning is great, and UM will win again, but it's a culture, a way of life. I'm stoked for the future of UM football...until then, we've got hoops,

Go Blue!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Stage Six of Michigan Fan Denial: "It's not about wins and losses."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:I'm not a Michigan fan, but I honestly don't like seeing them down this bad. It's just not normal...
Go fuck yourself, loser.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

WolverineSteve wrote:You bunch a fucks that sit back and talk shit and have no clue of the pulse of the team and school you pretend to support don't get it.
:?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

What's not "normal" about an overrated football program living for years on bullshit cache getting its teeth kicked down its throat? As an Allbarn fan, thought you'd understand. But no, it's all about cache to dipshits like you.

Fuck you.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

So, once again, you got nothing. As expected.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

WolverineSteve wrote:Went to the Big House today. Spirits are high. Supporters of the program (me) know that it's about more than wins and losses. There is far too much history in AA. We will be back. You bunch a fucks that sit back and talk shit and have no clue of the pulse of the team and school you pretend to support don't get it. It's about so much more than winning games on Saturday. Winning is great, and UM will win again, but it's a culture, a way of life. I'm stoked for the future of UM football...until then, we've got hoops,

Go Blue!
^^ Copy and pasted from LLLLoyd Carr's last season or RichRod's?

Your guys' culture and way of life so far this century has been getting your asses kicked on an annual basis. Must be exciting to think about anything but.

But hey, you will get it together eventually. Even if it takes you 3+ more ADs and/or 3+ more coaching hires. :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

It's a culture of elitism. Flying up a couple times a year, drinking a few beers on campus, and watching shitty football, doesn't make you "connected" to the culture or the program any more than anyone else is here to their team. Your fandom isn't superior because you choose to pay for that experience.

It's also a culture of arrogance and entitlement, even when they lose. All of that "This is Michigan" and "Leaders and Best" stuff is fine when you're winning but when you're getting your shit pushed in by every team you play with a pulse, you might want to consider getting back to brass tacks. Shit-can all of the self-glorification bullshit and start building a new identity, one that involves some toughness, humility and self-awareness. One that says we don't just deserve something because we piled up a bunch of wins in the leather helmet era, but because we went out and earned it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ouch.

Rack.

Whereas us Johnny-come-lately-blueblood Oregon fans realize it could all go away tomorrow. Michigan fan does have an extreme and misplaced sense of entitlement.

Maybe the local talent wants to actually get out of the (arguably) shittiest place in the country?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:Michigan fan does have an extreme and misplaced sense of entitlement.
BUT BUT BUT it's not "normal" for scUM to "not be good."

Sincerely,

Fatspray
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Dinsdale wrote:Maybe the local talent wants to actually get out of the (arguably) shittiest place in the country?
Local talent? :lol:

In the years that Michigan consistently fielded a good team, its roster was loaded with players from out-of-state, most notably from Ohio. Desmond Howard, Elvis Grbac, Charles Woodson, Mario Manningham to name a few.

Face it, scUM has to recruit well nationally to be a competitive program, there just isn't enough home grown talent to get it done.

The day Jim Tressel set up shop in Columbus was the beginning of the end for UM. He put a stop to that shit.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

L45B wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Maybe the local talent wants to actually get out of the (arguably) shittiest place in the country?
Local talent? :lol:

In the years that Michigan consistently fielded a good team, its roster was loaded with players from out-of-state, most notably from Ohio. Desmond Howard, Elvis Grbac, Charles Woodson, Mario Manningham to name a few.

Face it, scUM has to recruit well nationally to be a competitive program, there just isn't enough home grown talent to get it done.

The day Jim Tressel set up shop in Columbus was the beginning of the end for UM. He put a stop to that shit.
Alabama's only Heisman came on the back of a kid from Flint.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.