Dungy's Comments About Michael Sam

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Dungy's Comments About Michael Sam

Post by R-Jack »

The fact that no one has given a flying fuck about the fag since the draft until Dungy opened his piehole, I doubt there will be much of a circus.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

So it remains that the only people talking about Michael Sam are the ones saying they are tired of Michael Sam.

I weep for this country sometimes
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

You forgot that in terms of much of the media, gay is normal.

I agree with your thoughts on this matter and was thinking similar when I read an article. I do think Sam will make the team, and I do believe Dungy is correct, they'll be a mini weekly circus in St Louis this year, maybe longer.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Seriously? A "mini weekly circus"? First of all, I doubt he will make the team. Secondly, even if he does it will be as a special teams player. The coverage of the gay marriage debate and its path through the Supreme Court will obliterate any concerns about Michael Sam.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Joe in PB wrote:You forgot that in terms of much of the media, gay is normal.

I agree with your thoughts on this matter and was thinking similar when I read an article. I do think Sam will make the team, and I do believe Dungy is correct, they'll be a mini weekly circus in St Louis this year, maybe longer.
So if gay is normal in the media, why would there be a circus around a normal guy on the team?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Joe should have said that gay is special in the media.

It's nearly a daily occurrence that some new faggot story or issue is sold to us by the media as... important.

It's way over the top silliness.

There's nothing interesting at all about dude needing to suck a cock, yet that will be a focus of media attention.
There is NO doubt about that.

And imagine the potential shit-storm that awaits if fag happens to be cut.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:And imagine the potential shit-storm that awaits if fag happens to be cut.
You’re saying that all gay men are uncircumcised? Sounds like some serious local knowledge there, pops.

Sudden Sam wrote:BTW, Michael Sam and I are not related. Felt the need to quash that rumor, since I know you all were speculating.
So he could become wife #4?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

R-Jack wrote:The fact that no one has given a flying fuck about the fag since the draft until Dungy opened his piehole, I doubt there will be much of a circus.
This is an extraordinarily stupid take. It's the offseason for NFL media coverage. Nothing happens between the draft and the start of training camp and were you asleep when the Rams had to put the kibosh on a proposed reality TV series documenting his "career"?

His jersey is at #6 in sales. You're fucking dreaming if you think there won't be a full blown circus around this fag.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:First of all, I doubt he will make the team. Secondly, even if he does it will be as a special teams player.
Oh, he will make the team. You can count on that. The Rams didn't make "an historic draft selection" without the intention of putting him on the field. Yes, it will be on special teams and, honestly, I think he might actually make a pretty good special teams player.

Of course that won't be the story. The slobbering over this knob jockey will be incessant and vomit inducing and wildly out of proportion to his actual contribution on the field.

Dungy is exactly right. Every player has a potential for distraction and every team weighs that potential against his talent. It's not surprising that Dungy and 31 other NFL coaches didn't think the three ring circus was worth it for a third day special teams player.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If the media feasts on it, it won't be because of me. I'm libertarian/apathetic enough that I couldn't care less what dude does with his dick.

If the media insists on telling me all about it, I'll further hone my remote-control skills.

And he could be a decent special teams player -- had pretty good lateral speed and ability to get off blocks (there's a fag joke in there somewhere). Wasn't great at blasting through the line, but made up for it with speed. Maybe not enough speed tpo make it as an OLB, though.

See, I just gave a Michael Sam take that actually focused on what he did on the field (based on watching a couple of games) -- be nice if the media followed suit.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Americans are such that we make a huge deal about something for five minutes then move on to the next thing. We are an ADD-addled society. Nobody is going to give two shits about Michael Sam unless a) he actually turns out to be a good player or b) he tries to rape Sam Bradford in the locker room. This wasn't even something Dungy recently said, it was just the media going back and finding something to try and rev the story back up because Sam has been keeping his mouth shut and focusing on football.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:See, I just gave a Michael Sam take that actually focused on what he did on the field (based on watching a couple of games) -- be nice if the media followed suit.
I watched all the games. Dude was a beast on the field. He's not a special teams player and will no doubt show that he shouldn't have been a 7th round pick.

I type this while vomiting, embarrassed for Mizzou but at the same time laughing at the Saint Louis vagabond Rams. Fuck them and the train they rode in on.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mgo wrote:We are an ADD-addled society. Nobody is going to give two shits about Michael Sam unless a) he actually turns out to be a good player or b) he tries to rape Sam Bradford in the locker room.
I don't think the media got your memo.

You really haven't noticed?
If there is a homo angle to something, they will not remove their focus from it until...

a) The homo is glorified or shown as being persecuted.
b) Males (usually white) are shown to be homophobic and intolerant.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: Males (usually white) are shown to be homophobic and intolerant.
Who cares, that's exactly what we are... and should be.

You gots a problem with that, methinks you are focusing too intently on this, meatgazer.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:
Mgo wrote:We are an ADD-addled society. Nobody is going to give two shits about Michael Sam unless a) he actually turns out to be a good player or b) he tries to rape Sam Bradford in the locker room.
I don't think the media got your memo.

You really haven't noticed?
If there is a homo angle to something, they will not remove their focus from it until...

a) The homo is glorified or shown as being persecuted.
b) Males (usually white) are shown to be homophobic and intolerant.
So? Let them talk about it. It'll die down eventually like this shit always does. And when the next Arenthal comes along and pops a few people their focus will shift. Except Wags will feel a lot less embarrassed if a serial killer represents his school.

If conservatives stopped caring so much about what some dudes do with their dicks, this wouldn't be getting any coverage to begin with. Outrage and dissension drives coverage. Apathy does not.

Get homos out of your domes and this stuff goes away.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Except Wags will feel a lot less embarrassed if a serial killer represents his school.
We already have Aldon Smith and Dorial Green-Beckham, what more do we need?

Don't answer that, you sadistic bastard.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sheeit. I had no idea DGB was dismissed. I just thought he transferred...which seemed odd at the time. Makes sense now.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mgo wrote:Get homos out of your domes and this stuff goes away.
Kinda hard to not see it -----> when the media jams a new homo story at the public every day.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:
Kinda hard to not see it -----> when the media jams a new homo story at the public every day.
Hmmm. The chicken, or the egg?

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Nobody is going to give two shits about Michael Sam unless a) he actually turns out to be a good player or b) he tries to rape Sam Bradford in the locker room.

Hmmm. Tebow ended up a third stringer and he DOMINATED headlines.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:
And why do you think they're still "stories?"

You are -----> an idiot.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Why are they stories?

It's blatantly obvious that folks in the media have an agenda.

Nobody in their right mind cares that dude needs to suck a cock.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Dins sort of nailed it. You know what's great about today? It's all the resources we have at our finger tips to read and watch whatever the hell we want 24/7/365. If sportscenter wants to spend 30 minutes talking about Manziel and Sam on their one hour program, then I can flip over to the NFL network. If they're doing the same thing on their programming, then I can go online and read and watch whatever articles I want about football. I can get so much in-depth coverage from battleredblog, clutchfans and the houston chronicle it'll make my head spin. I don't give a rat's ass about what the national media covers because I don't have to watch it. The simpletons can have at it.

Enjoy it.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:
You gots a problem with that, methinks you are focusing too intently on this, meatgazer.

Where do you live again?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Let me guess Dins, you're lifting covers trying to find something, anything, you can equate with IKYABWAI.

How trite and tiresome, it must wear you slick.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

No, YOU'RE trite and tiresome.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:ESPN will show all 5 plays per game that Sam plays in every week. Anybody who doesn't think that this will be a total and complete media circus fiasco is full of shit. And if Sam gets cut? Holy fuck - you'll see the lawsuits flying in a media frenzy that will make the OJ fiasco look like child's play.

Dungy is 100% correct. There is NO +- 1% margin for error in that, either.
You treat hyperbole like it's a tub of Crisco. Take a deep breath and settle the fuck down.

Coogs' is right. There are so many specialized sports outlets. Websites, blogs, podcasts, satellite radio, etc. If you don't want to hear about Michael Sam, you don't have to. But the fact is you do want to hear and talk about him. You people are the ones calling into the radio shows, writing in the comments sections on websites and starting threads on message boards. Opposition moves the needle.

BTW, I've got the NFL Network on...it's basically the 24/7 Johnny Football Show now that training camp has started. Every rep, every throw is televised and analyzed. Sam is going to have to really take matters into his own hands to divert attention from the REAL circus show.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If you don't want to hear about Michael Sam, you don't have to.
We'll see about that.

I'll call my shot right now: You're full of shit.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Don't watch bullshit like "First Take" or listen to ESPN radio. Seriously, it's not that hard. Outside of actual games, my sports consumption consists of a Michigan State forum and a few niche podcasts. Of course I like to stay informed on the surface topics and "events of the day" but I don't get inundated with stuff I don't want to hear about.

Other outlets will cover Sam but they won't beat it into the ground the way ESPN will. And if they do, I maintain you dipshits have no one to blame but yourselves for still making gayness a divisive issue in 2014.

If you don't like it, you can go sling Bibles in South Korea.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

mvscal wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If you don't want to hear about Michael Sam, you don't have to.
We'll see about that.

I'll call my shot right now: You're full of shit.
Nails.....
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mgo wrote:I maintain you dipshits have no one to blame but yourselves for still making gayness a divisive issue in 2014.
Oh yeah, people have gotten so smart -----> in 2014, but some of us are just not keeping up.
lol

Sorry, homosexuality is not progress.
Through history, it's always (and rightfully so) been a scourge.

It's !!Homos Gone Wild!! who are making it a divisive issue.

A lot of us are wise enough not to buy into the full-court-press *Gay is Glorious* propaganda push the "enlightened" media is trying to railroad.

A laffable joke it is.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

mvscal wrote:Oh, he will make the team. You can count on that. The Rams didn't make "an historic draft selection" without the intention of putting him on the field. Yes, it will be on special teams and, honestly, I think he might actually make a pretty good special teams player.

Of course that won't be the story. The slobbering over this knob jockey will be incessant and vomit inducing and wildly out of proportion to his actual contribution on the field.

Dungy is exactly right. Every player has a potential for distraction and every team weighs that potential against his talent. It's not surprising that Dungy and 31 other NFL coaches didn't think the three ring circus was worth it for a third day special teams player.
Dead on take here. Sam will probably not be a star player, but his defensive skills will make for a transitional special teams player at the least. Put the knob gobbling aspect aside and focus on the skills of the player, if that is, he can overcome the media circus and scrutiny and just focus on playing football. If he can do that, then he will not only make the team, but will make an impact, at least to enough of a degree that the hyperbole and gay angle will fade...in time.

Maybe.

Give the guy a chance and let the personal bullshit rest until he actually steps on the field.

I could give a crap that the dude slurps cock. If he can make an impact on the field, the sexuality aspect is meaningless.

Gross, but meaningless.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The bottom line is Dungy is correct, the Sam (gay) story will permeate through St Louis this season, repeatedly. Just the fact they had a TV crew at his house on draft day tells the whole story. What other 3rd day pick had such coverage? None. Expect more gay coverage this season, especially if/when the Rams are a feature Sunday/Monday night game.

I don't really care dude is gay, but I don't need to hear & see about it on ESPN, Fox, NFL Network, local stations, etc. all season long.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:Can you honestly say it won't get a little old when you're trying to see Sparty highlights, but have to wait through 30 minutes of "Sam's testes seemed to roll a little lower" stories to get there?
Sports Center is obsolete. Please don't tell me you watch that shit.

If I want highlights there's this thing called the interwebz. Or the Big Ten Network. Or I'll just watch the game. Or a DVR recording.

You see, that's the point. We have a bevy of media options. I suppose if you're old and dumb, and not in tune with these things, this could an issue.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I suppose if you're old and dumb
2-for-2, but you forgot fat for the trifecta.

Nobody does hysterics like Spray.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The word you were looking for was "histrionics," Mr. Writer Man.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:Sooooo....

what's the problem with Coach Dungy expressing his opinion?

I have no problem with it, as everybody is free to have any opinion they want.

Except Dungy works as a broadcaster/analyst/public eye person, therefore his employer has the freedom to terminate him if they feel he damaged their reputation.

But people really took the ball and ran with what they thought he might have meant.

As an aside -- the odds of Dungy's kid getting into a game for the Ducks this season (I believe it's his senior) is probably about the same as it was the previous years. Seems like a nice enough kid, though.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:The word you were looking for was "histrionics," Mr. Writer Man.
Go fuck yourself.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I just pulled up NFL.com and this is what the page looked like...

Latest Headlines

Cassel outplays Bridgewater in Vikings' win | Teddy's highlights
Bortles looks the part in Jags' win in opener over Bucs | Highlights
Sam makes NFL debut in Rams' preseason opener | Highlights
Dolphins' Reshad Jones suspended four games for PED violation
Gabbert no lock for Niners' backup QB job | Sign up for NFL NOW
NCAA dealt another setback as judge rules in favor of O'Bannon
Back to old self? Ware makes difference in first Broncos outing
Hyde impresses in 49ers debut | Highlights | Preseason lessons
Rex Ryan: Vick looked great in preseason debut | Watch | Battista

The third "headline" in NFL football is M. Sam making his preseason debut? :lol:

He's a late round pick, a nobody.

But, but... he's brave and he's gaaaaaay.

Nice going, NFL.com fagtards.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Oh, the horra! How are you coping?

And yet here you are...talking about it...still.

You are clearly fascinated by all of this.