MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Chris Petersen to Washington

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Chris Petersen to Washington

Post by Dinsdale »

Like the old Duck needed to be even less popular in Eugene. I'll assume he keeps Justin Wilcox on at DC (also a Duck, and was his DC at BSU before bolting for Tennessee).

Great. The coach who thinks intentionally taking out knees is a perfectly legit strategy is now on the schedule once a year. The well of decent OOC games was drying up for BSU, since it's not worth losing your QB early in the season.

Questionable hire... hope it ends badly for them. Dude's never recruited with the bigboys before. I think he'll find going after 5v stars is different from going after 2 stars.

Either way, huck the Fuskies.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:Questionable hire
Who was a better AVAILABLE option?
Dude's never recruited with the bigboys before.
If he can get respectable talent to come to Boise, I think he'll manage fine in Seattle, especially with the upgraded facilities. Besides, seems player development is more his trade, not recruiting starzzzzzz.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If you're looking for rational, unbiased insight in a UDub discussion, you'll need to look past me.

Them loading the coaching ranks with disowned Ducks makes it even more distasteful.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:Dude has turned chicken shit into knee injuries for opponents

FTFY
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Sweet hire!

Sin,
ASU 2001 (Dirk Koetter)

Absolutely!

Sin,
Colorado 2006 (Dan Hawkins)

Track record is working against him, but I think Petersen could work out ok.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote: Great. The coach who thinks intentionally taking out knees is a perfectly legit strategy is now on the schedule once a year.
Not to worry....those sharpshooting, A-1, crackerjack, sterling, professional, precise, reliable, and intelligent Pac 12 officials will be all over it & not allow any of that type of malfeasance to occur.

:doh:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Seer wrote:
Not to worry....those sharpshooting, A-1, crackerjack, sterling, professional, precise, reliable, and intelligent Pac 12 officials will be all over it & not allow any of that type of malfeasance to occur.

Most penalties of any D1 team...

UDub.

Next is UCLA.

Oregon is 5th.

Cal and USC are in the top 20.

I guess the PAC officials swallowed the whistles this season, since IIRC, last season all 12 teams were in the top 20... but only once we got deep into the conference schedule -- before that, the stats weren't top-heavy with PAC teams.

While I like to bag on the SEC whenever possible, they do have the best officials. I like the way defensive holding is nonexistent in the SEC, and you really have to overachieve to get a PI call. Should be like that in every conference.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
The Seer wrote:

Most penalties of any D1 team...

UDub.

Next is UCLA.

Oregon is 5th.

Cal and USC are in the top 20.
Sounds like a pretty undisciplined conference. Your kids need some more wholesome, Midwestern values.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote: Sounds like a pretty undisciplined conference. Your kids need some more wholesome, Midwestern values.

What part of the trend in recent years of the PAC teams not being at the top of the penalties list until a few weeks into the conference season are you struggling with?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Sounds like a pretty undisciplined conference. Your kids need some more wholesome, Midwestern values.

What part of the trend in recent years of the PAC teams not being at the top of the penalties list until a few weeks into the conference season are you struggling with?
It takes a little while for the drugs to kick in?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Never mind. I remember now. It's your officials who are undisciplined.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Goober McTuber wrote:Never mind. I remember now. It's your officials who are undisciplined.
You did get a "sampling" if I recall....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Papa Willie wrote:I'm kinda with Mgo on this one. Dude has turned chicken shit into chicken salad in the past - though they were off this year. Had a feeling he'd be leaving now that Boise has tapered off a little. We'll see...
it had nothing to do with BSU having a down year.....hell they lost 21 seniors last year so every BSU fan knew it was going to be a tough year.....as for his ability to recruit, he's coached in the Pac 12 so he's fully aware of what it takes.......as for Wilcox, I think he's one of the leading candidates to take over for Petersen here at Boise......I don't see him following Sarkisian to USC, so he either stays at Washington, or takes over here at Boise.....Brian Harsin (at Arkansas State) would be another potential and Dirk Koetter should also be considered.....all three have ties to Boise State

this is going to be Mark Coyle's (who is the new athletic director) make or break pick.....

I think it's a great move for Petersen.....I think he felt he'd done all he could do here and it was time to move on......I (like a lot of boosters) won't forget everything he's done for the program and wish him nothing but success in his new digs.....I'm now a Husky fan
Dinsdale wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Dude has turned chicken shit into knee injuries for opponents

FTFY
jeezus, are you still dragging that shit around? sorry dude, but the Ducks got beat both times not because of injuries, but because BSU was just a better team....would you like to revisit the cheap shots Oregon took on Boise State?
get out, get out while there's still time
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

don't sweat Dins felix. he's been ragging Oklahoma fan for years that we complain about the fake onside kick recovery the Ducks made when Allan Patrick of OU clearly had the ball. we should just get over it, which isn't the point....but he doesn't get it. he's the voice of BTPCF now. he knows everything now that his Ducks win 10 games a year. master of football morality, life living, micro now craft brews....and portland bands (none of whom are nearly as important as he thinks they are).

on the other side, the Sark to USC hire (more Petey Carroll?)....and Peterson who was hotter property any of the last how many years.....don't excite me that much.

if USC is a major program (and it is)....time to believe in the program and not recent success that got you on the most unfair probation ever (sic). how many times do you have to hire John Blake or Mike Shula or Jon Embree to prove this point?

or John Robinson the second time they did?

back to the glorious past shit never works.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Killian

Post by Killian »

You mean "Pat Haden, USC graduate."
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote:
The Pac's refs are the worst in football, I have seen Prep Freshman refs who are better.

You do know those guys are one and the same don't you. Every NCAA official is a member of his local chapter of the state association or a member of a regional association. To continue to be a member in good standing these NCAA officials still work a number of varsity and sub varsity games. Most of us work more sub varsity than varsity games since we travel to our college games on Friday.

In my case, four of us from my college crew worked a Frosh or 7th and 8th grade in 8 of the 11 weeks of the regular season.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Killian

Post by Killian »

He was never employed by Notre Dame. Pat Haden, USC grad.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Pat Haden, USC grad and current USC employee.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Damn. And I thought I hated Mike Bohn...
"Keys, woman!"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Not that hard to understand. It's Shmicky vs. the world. USC was unjustly punished for their indiscretions and his hero, Mike Garrett, was let go and replaced with "another" hero from their past that he doesn't care for and is apparently not as keen as hiring cheats as his predecessor.

I had to rescind the contract I put out on Dan Guerrero for his custodialship of the football and basketball programs prior to hiring Mora and getting rid of Howland.

Having to settle for an NFL reject as the 3rd of 4th choice to run your program requires some luck for it to work out. Hopefully it's our turn for the "luck" (without the cheating & sanctions) and the turned tide will continue.

I have a feeling Sarkiffian will not be the saviour they hope for in South Central.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Dinsdale wrote:The coach who thinks intentionally taking out knees is a perfectly legit strategy
You rang?

Sin,

War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

schmick wrote:nobody with any ties to notre dame should even be allowed in to Los Angeles
Yeah, because heaven knows there are no ND alums living in LA.

:meds: x infinity
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:The coach who thinks intentionally taking out knees is a perfectly legit strategy
You rang?

Sin,

Terry,

Are you complaining that Navy has their players block opponents below the waist in the low blocking zone, or are you implying that they teach their kids to make illegal hits outside of the zone in an attempt to hurt the opponents?
Killian

Post by Killian »

Left Seater wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:
You rang?

Sin,

Terry,

Are you complaining that Navy has their players block opponents below the waist in the low blocking zone, or are you implying that they teach their kids to make illegal hits outside of the zone in an attempt to hurt the opponents?
The latter. This is the most egregious that I can find at the moment. But this has been something the ND players have bitched about since Johnson left. :39 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcTaRThg2mQ
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Valid point there.

I just wasn't sure which he was talking about. Plenty of players bitch and moan about being cut at the LOS inside the low blocking zone. However, low blocks are mostly legal there, but the DL for the most part doesn't like it.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

They just announced that Petersen's replacement at BSU is Brian Harsin, the head coach at Arkansas State....I think it's a great hire....Harsin is from Boise, played for Boise State, was the offensive coordiantor for Petersen for 9 years, moved to Texas as the "co-offensive" coordinator, then took the job at Arkansas State....was there all of one year, when the BSU job opened up......

I feel for Arkansas State, they can't seem to hold on to a coach for any length of time....Malzahn coached there for one year before returning to Auburn, now Harsin coached for one year and is returning to Boise State.....they must feel like red-headed step children.....
get out, get out while there's still time
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Felix wrote:I feel for Arkansas State.....
Don't feel too bad, they are an honorary member of the $EC.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield