Found the fat tripping cop....harassing citizens.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Found the fat tripping cop....harassing citizens.

Post by Derron »

This pork chop must be the dude that slammed the whole fucking THC cake. Out depriving citizens of their right to carry firearms under the 2A. Hope the vet wins a huge fucking lawsuit against these dudes.

Stick with the video and you see how things are going to go. Of course the libtards will no doubt applaud the 5/0's actions here.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/34 ... cj-grisham
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: Found the fat tripping cop....harassing citizens.

Post by Mace »

How did he resist calling the cop a "stupid fat fuck?" Taken at face value from what's on the video, that's a ridiculous violation of this guy's right to carry and, while I'm not a fan of litigation. this would be worth going that route. Hard for me to believe this happened in rural Texas, where guns are an important part of the culture.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Gee, 88, I'll remember that the next time I'm hunting and walking down the road with a rifle/shotgun. :roll: There would have been a much better way to handle that situation than the one the cop chose. The taxpayers of Temple, Texas should pay for having hired a stupid fuck on the force who violates the rights of law abiding citizens. E.O.S.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Mace, are you interchanging 88 and I now?

Granted we don't know the first interactions between the dad and the cop, but while 88 makes valid points, the good folks of Temple will be shelling out some cash to this guy.

I love how the cops tell the guy he isn't under arrest, just that he is being detained. Then a few minutes later they say they are arresting him for resisting arrest. WTF? Dude was smart too to tell the kid they aren't bad people unless they get embarrassed which they clearly were at that point.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Left Seater wrote:Mace, are you interchanging 88 and I now?

Granted we don't know the first interactions between the dad and the cop, but while 88 makes valid points, the good folks of Temple will be shelling out some cash to this guy.

I love how the cops tell the guy he isn't under arrest, just that he is being detained. Then a few minutes later they say they are arresting him for resisting arrest. WTF? Dude was smart too to tell the kid they aren't bad people unless they get embarrassed which they clearly were at that point.
Yes, I did, but edited the mistake before you posted. There's seriously no way to defend the cop in this situation, imo. It was a bungled stop that escalated into what we saw. Very poor police work that will cost the taxpayers....and it should. The stupid fat fuck of a cop should be written up and assigned to pick up the donuts every morning before he goes out for traffic duty with a whistle and no gun.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Yeah, I noticed your post said Lefty when I first read it and before I watched the video. Figured it might be more clear after watching the video. Then as I am posting I see it says 88.

Not only should the original cop get reprimanded, so should the supervisor on scene. Dude should have given everyone a few minutes to calm down and then spoken to the dad alone. Clearly the dad was obeying every order after the fat guy was out of the picture. The supervisor should have taken control, sadly he didn't.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Left Seater wrote:Yeah, I noticed your post said Lefty when I first read it and before I watched the video. Figured it might be more clear after watching the video. Then as I am posting I see it says 88.

Not only should the original cop get reprimanded, so should the supervisor on scene. Dude should have given everyone a few minutes to calm down and then spoken to the dad alone. Clearly the dad was obeying every order after the fat guy was out of the picture. The supervisor should have taken control, sadly he didn't.
Totally agree.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Hmmm..the guy's walking around brandishing a rifle and acting like a PTS candidate. If someone calls the cops with that description, of course the cops should investigate.
Before God was, I am
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Hmmm..the guy's walking around brandishing a rifle and acting like a PTS candidate. If someone calls the cops with that description, of course the cops should investigate.
Investigate? Yes, but it should have been clear to the cop that this guy was no danger to anyone and he would have discovered that by asking a few questions. Apparently, like you, he was too fucking stupid to do that and, also like you, he overreacted to the situation.
Toddowen
it puts the lotion on its skin....

Post by Toddowen »

Mace wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Hmmm..the guy's walking around brandishing a rifle and acting like a PTS candidate. If someone calls the cops with that description, of course the cops should investigate.
Investigate? Yes, but it should have been clear to the cop that this guy was no danger to anyone and he would have discovered that by asking a few questions. Apparently, like you, he was too fucking stupid to do that and, also like you, he overreacted to the situation.

I'm about as pro-gun as any here. But I don't think a person should walk down the street sporting an AR-15.

Yeah that's all I wanna see. The latest ghetto craze. Instead of bling hanging from the necks of every babbling baboon at the ballgame, they have an AR-15 as a fashion statement.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

He was hiking with his kid. The cop was undoubedly a fukking moron. If that cop had half the sense of the Albany, OR cop' there would have been no problem. BTW, it is perfectly legal to walk down the street with an AR so long as you aren't pointing it at people or threatening them with it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

The video clearly shows that they are not in a residential neighborhood and he says in the story that he "lives out in the country near Temple, Texas." They were also on a 10 mile hike which was clearly "in the country" and not in a residential area of Temple.
Toddowen
it puts the lotion on its skin....

Post by Toddowen »

These guys carrying the AR-15's are having the exact opposite effect though. And it makes me question their motives and alliegiences.

Tell you all what is more likely to happen as a result- laws restricting the carrying of long guns in places deemed public, and the expansion of said areas deemed to be public.

Just what the control quacks want.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Tranmissison in my Mustang takes a shit this morning driving my wife to work. Starts smoking and surging. Local police officer sees the smoke and initiates a traffic stop on me. Walk up to the car in a rear cover type position and first thing he asks me is do you have a concealed weapon on you...? I said yes, I have a Ruger 9mm in a holster on my right side.

He me asked to exit the vehicle, keeping my hands away from the weapon. I complied, he asked to see the weapon, I lifted my shirt and showed him, and he said fine..thank you for your cooperation. Can I assist you in getting your car off the road ? And he gave my wife a ride to work about 7 blocks away.

As far as the dude walking down the road in that area with the AR, of course people are going to call in. The sheep are paranoid about any open carry. The cops walk a pretty fine line, but these guys blew it.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

88 wrote:I'm waiting for Derron, Mace and smackaholic to 'splain to me why it was unreasonable for a police officer to stop and investigate the actions of a man with an AR-15 dangling from a tactical sling on his chest (as opposed to being slung behind his back) and then handcuff said man when he apparently snatched the rifle away from the investigating officer and became a bit unhinged.
So the simple fact of carrying a gun in a tactical sling in front trumps the behind the back carry, and that method of carry constitutes probable cause to stop and detain the man versus not stopping him for a behind the back carry ? You own AR's, you know there is some difference in presentation from those carry positions, but carry is carry.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

KC Scott wrote:
For those with short memories we're less than 3 months since Dorner declared war on LAPD and 2 Prosecuters were shot in Texas. He's lucky he didnt get himself, or even worse, his kid shot
Oh that's right..because criminals shot at police officers and 2 DA's, and then the cops shot at INNOCENT CIVILIANS, sure seems like the time to suspend rights under the Constitution about people carrying weapons. Those cops in Texas should have just said, we are not putting up with your shit at all here fucko buckco, and just blasted the guy and his kid.
Derron
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

88 wrote:I'm waiting for Derron, Mace and smackaholic to 'splain to me why it was unreasonable for a police officer to stop and investigate the actions of a man with an AR-15 dangling from a tactical sling on his chest (as opposed to being slung behind his back) and then handcuff said man when he apparently snatched the rifle away from the investigating officer and became a bit unhinged.
I've already answered that question. You can go back and read it since you obviously don't have to spend much time with your law practice.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

By all means follow up on the phone calls and go see for yourself. But 10 minutes later when cop is still physically leaning on the guy and continues to pin his arms despite him being cuffed and complying makes you scratch your head.

As I said before, this really goes sideways when the supervisor arrives and starts talking without engaging his brain. He should have spoken to the dad, the kid and the first officer to arrive on scene seperately. He also shouldn't have told the dad he wasn't under arrest, just detained, and then 5 minutes later while the dad has done everything asked of him, to arrest him on the grounds of resisting arrest.

We may not have agreed with the actions of the first cop, but that is why there are supervisors. Supposed leaders who can remain calm and think. I don't think that happened in this case.

Are you at all surprised the resisting arrest charge didn't stick? There was no way that was going to hold up at all. Per your link the charges were reduced to a class B misdemeanor inturrupting an officer in the line of duty. One could argue that damn near any question to an officer and you could be charged with that.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Toddowen wrote:These guys carrying the AR-15's are having the exact opposite effect though. And it makes me question their motives and alliegiences.

Tell you all what is more likely to happen as a result- laws restricting the carrying of long guns in places deemed public, and the expansion of said areas deemed to be public.

Just what the control quacks want.
Exactly. If he was actually concerned with "cougars and snakes" or whatever, he should have had the rifle across his back, still ready if needed. And for that matter, isn't a .45 pistol enough firepower for an afternoon stroll? Instead he's slowly walking down the road with an AR-15 right out front like he's looking for his ex-wife's divorce lawyer. What a chucklebeak crybaby. And yes, he undermines the basic argument for our soft gun laws.
Before God was, I am
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

88 wrote:No you didn't, Mace.

Uh, yes, I did.
Mace wrote:
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

88 wrote:No you didn't, Mace. You blasted the police because they insisted on disarming a loon who was brandishing an AR-15 in public for no apparent reason until they determined why the loon was doing what he was doing with the AR-15.
Brandishing ??

1bran·dish
transitive verb \ˈbran-dish\
Definition of BRANDISH
: to shake or wave (as a weapon) menacingly
: to exhibit in an ostentatious or aggressive manner

He was carrying the fucking gun, not brandishing it there Esquire...nice try.
It is one thing for the People to be secure in their papers, effects etc. at home. And I certainly respect and cherish the right to keep and bear arms. But is that right so absolute that our local police officers are not entitled, for their own protection and for the public who they are there to protect and serve, to temporarily disarm people with highly dangerous weapons in public spaces while they sort out WTF is going on?
Probable cause anyone ?
It would be one thing of the police used their "jack boots" to kick in the dude's doors and take his guns. It would be another thing if they went on a private gun range and demanded his weapons. etc. But it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone in a civilized society that the police might have a legitimate interest to ask you why the hell you are tromping around with an AR-15 in public if you choose to make such a public display of weaponry.
Being secure in your own affairs in public not committing a crime ring a bell much ? So as long as you are not at home, throw the fucking Constitution out the window and jack up every body who "looks" funny??
idiots who do not understand that the Second Amendment was not written so you can parade through residential neighborhoods with fully-loaded semi-automatic weapons at the ready?
So what part of the Constitution prohibits that carrying of a weapon in public ? What part of Texas law prohibits that carry..link please....
Derron
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Dorkon;
Please feel free to post the 911 call that brought the officer out in the first place? What information did the officer have when he arrived? This gun-whacko might not have been behaving in a manner that qualifies as brandishing once the officer arrived, but that doesn't mean he wasn't prior to that (and I suspect he might have been in order to provoke a LE confrontation).
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Dorkon;
Please feel free to post the 911 call that brought the officer out in the first place? What information did the officer have when he arrived? This gun-whacko might not have been behaving in a manner that qualifies as brandishing once the officer arrived, but that doesn't mean he wasn't prior to that (and I suspect he might have been in order to provoke a LE confrontation).
All the 911 call can do is alert the officer. The officer can't act unless he sees said act himself. Unless you want cops arresting people based on what they heard. Again, the biggest screw up here is the supervisor not using his head.

Oh, and watch out, Jsc is going to attack your strawman in 3...2...1...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I'm focusing on the supervisor. Dude escalated the situation instead of disarming it. Pun intended.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

88 wrote:and the shit-stain who, according to the cop, leveled his AR-15 at him was treated with as much dignity as he deserved in that instance.

This is likely the root of our disagreement on the issue. If the dad really did this then the cops are in the right and I have no issue with any of their actions. However, I don't believe the dad leveled the gun at him. If he had the cop would have thrown him to the ground and both would be much more animated than they were. And seeing as how both are larger than me they would still have been out of breath from the adrenalin rush. Add to that the first officer never says anything about the dad leveling the gun at him rather the discussion centers on the dad's refusal to give up his gun when the officer "snatched for it."

I think the leveling charge came later and for the first guy to same some face.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

88 wrote: the shit-stain who, according to the cop, leveled his AR-15 at him was treated with as much dignity as he deserved in that instance. I have no sympathy for that dude whatsoever. Fuck him and his mis-use of the Second Amendment.
No.... fuck you and your misundertanding of police procedure.

Leveling the AR at the cop is a complete green light for the cop to use deadly force. Most cops would have popped his ass right away had he done that. How do I know ? Long ago criminal justice training, my neighbor is an FTO for the sheriff office, and my daughter is a sheriffs deputy, and common fucking sense. Hands on the gun gets you held at gun point, movement of the weapon in any fashion probably gets you whacked and justifiably so. If dude leveled the AR at the cop, and he is alive to talk about it, then the cop fucked up and needs to go back to training and ROE work.

You statement and the resulting position based upon that is complete bullshit.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dorf in Seattle wrote: Please feel free to post the 911 call that brought the officer out in the first place? What information did the officer have when he arrived?
As someone who took a few thousand 911 calls as a dispatcher back in the day, you have to try and filter the information you get. One caller with limited and hysterical attitude gets less weight than multiple calls with more consistent information. You tell the officer what you are being told, along with your analysis of the callers creditability.

[
This gun-whacko
This is why you are not a cop..gun = whacko to you. Balanced judgement there

might not have been behaving in a manner that qualifies as brandishing once the officer arrived, but that doesn't mean he wasn't prior to that
Which would be easily confirmed by witness statements if any were there...perhaps the 911 caller ? It would move forward from there based upon the accuracy on veracity of the statements. People lie you know.

(and I suspect he might have been in order to provoke a LE confrontation).
But you don't know as you were not there and have no witness statement to back that "suspect" up. Suspect all you want, it would take an admissible statement to move farther along.

He could have just been a man out for a hike with his son, carrying a gun and some pussy bleeding liberal thinks he is a "gun-whacko" and dimes up the cops to fuck with him.
Derron
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The dude did not level theAR at the cop. Had he, the cop would have rightfully ventilated his ass.

Apparently he told the guy to handover his weapon and the guy told him to fuk the fuk off.

Was this wise?

No. but it was within his rights.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

This guy was only charged with Resisting Arrest, and would also be charged with other offenses if he had actually leveled the gun in a threatening manner at the officer. Oh, and he did not resist arrest.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Hence the reason the resisting charges were dropped almost immediately.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

So what did they charge him with?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And yes, anyone who is carrying a loaded AR-15 around his neck while simply walking down the street is very much a gun whacko. He also had a concealed .45 on his person? What, was that not going to be enough firepower for the guy to be able to protect himself should "shit go sideways" as he walked along, supposedly merely minding his own business?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Van wrote:And yes, anyone who is carrying a loaded AR-15 around his neck while simply walking down the street is very much a gun whacko. He also had a concealed .45 on his person? What, was that not going to be enough firepower for the guy to be able to protect himself should "shit go sideways" as he walked along, supposedly merely minding his own business?
Why do you hate freedom?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Morons carrying loaded AR-15s on public streets have nothing to with real freedom. Besides, I didn't say that he wasn't entitled under the law to be just such a moron. That doesn't change the fact that he is indeed a gun whacko who was specifically out to make a point.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Van wrote:Morons carrying loaded AR-15s on public streets have nothing to with real freedom. Besides, I didn't say that he wasn't entitled under the law to be just such a moron. That doesn't change the fact that he is indeed a gun whacko who was specifically out to make a point.
Speculating as to his motivation would automatically qualify you to be a Temple, Texas cop. Congrats.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace, I see two possibilities that would explain why a man would walk down a public street carrying a concealed .45 and a loaded AR-15 strapped around his neck:

1. He was out to make a political point, which is the most likely scenario since he conveniently had someone at the ready to film the result.

2. He was about to make shit go sideways.

Confining this to the realm of normal, non gun-whacko human behavior, what third possibility might you conjecture? Was he just headed on down to the range and rather than drive he thought it would be a swell idea to load up and walk there? With his kid walking shotgun to film his don't-mind-me-I'm-just-minding-my-own-business stroll through the neighborhood? Was his car in the shop and he just had to take that loaded AR-15 down to the pawnshop?

Seriously, why on earth would a person walk around with two loaded weapons, including an AR-15, unless he was either mentally unhinged or out to make a statement?
Last edited by Van on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

88 wrote:Karma: the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.

You better hope you never need protection from a police officer, Mace. Just sayin.
And why is that, 88? I worked with law enforcement officers for over 30 years and don't think they'd have a problem protecting me, or me coming to assist them. OTOH, I recognize a cop in that video who lacks the skills to appropriately assess a situation and handle it appropriately, and a supervisor who didn't have the balls to tell him he fucked up. That soldier may have used poor judgment in going on a 10 mile hike with his son while carrying an AR-15, but he didn't violate the law of the land.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Van wrote:Mace, I see two possibilities that would explain why a man would walk down a public street carrying a concealed .45 and a loaded AR-15 strapped around his neck:

1. He was out to make a political point, which is the most likely scenario since he conveniently had someone at the ready to film the result.

2. He was about to make shit go sideways.

Confining this to the realm of normal, non gun-whacko human behavior, what third possibility might you conjecture? Was he just headed on down to the range and rather than drive he thought it would be a swell idea to load up and walk there? With his kid walking shotgun to film his don't-mind-me-I'm-just-minding-my-own-business stroll through the neighborhood? Was his car in the shop and he just had to take that loaded AR-15 down to the pawnshop?

Seriously, why on earth would a person walk around with two loaded weapons, including an AR-15, if he was neither mentally unhinged or out to make a statement?
Or #3, he was out on a 10 mile hike with his son and they were recording the hike to document for the son trying to become an Eagle Scout. The point is that the cop should have asked a few questions with his final comment being "okay, have a nice hike, and good luck making Eagle Scout," instead of pulling his gun on the guy and escalating the situation to the point that an arrest was made. That would have been far better police work.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

That's very possible, 88, but I'll let you pay the newspaper and post the rest of the story. But, even if he was just trying to make a point, he hadn't violated any laws and was not charged with any weapons charges. He was no threat to anyone.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

He didn't violate any laws but he was clearly a threat anyway. Of course he was a threat.