Tom Osborne Retiring

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Tom Osborne Retiring

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Steve Pederson...good times, good times.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

maybe Bill Callahan can take his place
why is my neighborhood on fire
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I think Mike Bohn would make a perfect replacement.
"Keys, woman!"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Will he retain an office and shower room privileges?
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:maybe Bill Callahan can take his place
Ouch.

Sin,

Cornhusker
"Ouch" is being kind Sam. :)
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Mikey wrote:Will he retain an office and shower room privileges?
EZ cowboy..
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Time for TO to spend time with the family and go fishing. What a legacy....great man. I believe he put the program back on solid ground and the move to the Big Ten was brilliant. When he was campaigning for congress I met him and was, of course, very nervous. He made me feel at ease as he shook my hand and spoke briefly with me. "It was good to see ya, H4ever" "Good luck with things" What an inspirational and memorable moment.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Good riddance to bad rubbish.
As compared to who? Switzer? WOW...talk about a bitter little bitch.

SCS now trumpets how Switzer "pwned" Osborne in 3...2....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

you guys are too young to know about the OU-NU thing....when we all loved each other. and it was real.

but truth is, Dr. Tom WAS 5-12 against Switzer.

Barry beat him many times with lesser teams. more than a couple times in Lincoln.

we got some breaks, you got em in 1971. fair deal.

edit much later:

meant to also post, amazing career in many spheres for the man. politics, football, administration. i respect the guy like most Sooners.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

H4ever wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Good riddance to bad rubbish.
As compared to who? Switzer? WOW...talk about a bitter little bitch.

SCS now trumpets how Switzer "pwned" Osborne in 3...2....
Why? Switzer owned him; Osborne had a losing record against Oklahoma over the entirety of his career you dumb ass.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Osborne was a great coach and very successful in all phases of his life......and always a class act.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Why? Switzer owned him; Osborne had a losing record against Oklahoma over the entirety of his career you dumb ass.
I realize you can't see beyond his win/loss record against OU. Anyone else with a brain can look past that and appreciate this 3 NCs, 13 conference championships, his teams never winning less than 9 wins per year.

He did this without having to go on probation with a 2 year TV ban and getting fired for it.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mace wrote:Osborne was a great coach and very successful in all phases of his life......and always a class act.
Lawerence Phillips thanks you for your post.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

At Large wrote:
I realize you can't see beyond his win/loss record against OU. Anyone else with a brain can look past that and appreciate this 3 NCs, 13 conference championships, his teams never winning less than 9 wins per year.

He did this without having to go on probation with a 2 year TV ban and getting fired for it.
Yeah, he did it with domestic abusers and partial qualifiers who wouldn't get into college today. :doh:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:And Switzer beat him with choirboys?
Of course not. But I don't make excuses for Switzer. He is what he is; an eccentric fellow who was a coaching legend (that owned Osbourne) who had his faults as a person as well. I think he is a bit over-vilified at times but I certainly never have portrayed him as a saint by any means.

I know this much though, the three kids at OU that were accused of rape were kicked off the team immediately. Buster Rhymes and Charles Thompson were kicked off the team.

Damon Benning beat his girlfriend and was charged with assault he didn't even sit a game for anything other than a strained hamstring.

Lawerence Phillips broke into Scott Frosts' home, beat his girlfriend black & blue, and threw her down a flight of stairs. Osbourne fought to make sure he was re-instated in good standing to the University of Nebraska. Tom Osbourne then tried to politically pressure the Lancaster County DA into dropping charges; "I don't tell Tom Osborne how to run the football department, and he should stay out of the criminal justice system. He hasn't done that at all." - Gary Lacey, District Attorney Lancaster County on September 25, 1995. Osbourne actively contacted witnesses and victims and put forth pressure to change statements, not testify, and drop charges on his players. *Shockingly* Scott Frost did not cooperate with law enforcement about the matter after the first night of the initial incident.

Tyrone Williams was charged in March 1994 with two felonies, unlawful discharge of a firearm and use of a weapon to commit a felony, in connection with a Jan. 30, 1994, shooting. Tom Osbourne and assistant coach Kevin Steele then took the gun from Williams and locked in a safe on his behalf! "When the chief of police and I learned that a gun wanted in connection with a felony shooting was in Osborne's possession when it should have been immediately turned over to the police, then you have evidence that is being withheld." Gary Lacey. Osbourne's response to this . . . "Frankly, if anybody had asked, we would have given it to them sooner. No charges had been filed, so we didn't think anybody was anxious about it." Osbourne over a year later admitted to Sports Illustrated reporter Michael Farber that he knew prosecutors were probably looking for the gun at the time he filed it away!!!

Christian Peter was sentenced to 18 months probation in May 1994 after he pleaded no contest to a charge of third-degree sexual assault brought by a former Miss Nebraska, Natalie Kuijvenhoven, who was then a Nebraska student. According to Osborne, Kuijvenhoven's lawyer contacted him about Peter, and Osborne says he suggested that all the parties, including Peter, meet in his office at the athletic department. But Kuijvenhoven would have none of it. "It's clear Osborne was trying to intimidate me in order to get rid of me before a trial would ever happen." - Natalie Kuijvenhoven. Osbourne later made statements to the media that Christian Peter was "A model guy."

Riley Washington remained on the team even after he was charged with attempted 2nd degree murder!!! "I think there is a very, very good chance that Riley didn't do what he's accused of. I've talked to a lot of people.... I feel pretty comfortable about Riley's case." - Tom Osbourne September 5, 1995. Once again Tom Osbourne took it upon himself to contact witnesses and even attempted to contact the victim! Yeah, Jermaine Cole pulled a gun out and shot himself after graduate assistant Abdul Muhammad and cornerback Riley Washington assaulted him outside of a convenience store. On Sept. 13, Osborne told reporters, "At the preliminary hearing, the primary witness against Riley, the individual who was shot, indicated that Riley was wearing a polo shirt with three buttons and a hat. Riley was wearing a T-shirt, entirely a different color, and did not have a hat on. Another witness...could not identify Riley as the shooter." Compared to this statement from Gary Lacey "I didn't see Osborne at the preliminary hearing. We had two witnesses say, 'Riley Washington shot Jermaine Cole. I saw the gun. I saw him do it.' "

Don't feed me a bunch of bullshit about Osbourne being a class act and model citizen it fails the bullshit test.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Devaney made the program what it is.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

There's a reason Jim Rome called him Brubaker.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »