Ryder Cup

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Ryder Cup

Post by Biggie »

This is my favorite event in all sports. I am a huge NFL fan and a Broncos season ticket holder (through family) since the 60s, but if the Super Bowl and Ryder Cup singles were played on the same day at the same time, I would DVR the former.*
  • The Tour Championship this week provides a good preview. Th/Fr matchups include Woods/McIlroy, D. Johnson/Westwood, Bubba/Sergio and Kuchar/Donald.

Europe is certainly the paper tiger, with 3 of the top 4 OWGR and the unquestioned #1 in Rory.

The Chicago crowd at Medinah will be unreal. Best pro-USA crowd since The Country Club in '99.

Loving 75% of the USA Ryder Cup rooks - Dufner and Bradley are unflappable and Snedeker is a putting machine. DL3 needs to hide Webb - he is not on form.

The captains, the pairings, the gamesmanship, the tweets, national pride. Awesome.
So excited.

I love pools, but the only one I've come up with for the Ryder Cup is a pick [x] players and then tally their overall points. If anybody has a better idea, please advise.

WAR U S motherfucking A.

*(unless the Donks were playing, in which case I would drink myself into a deep sleep in my Haven Moses jersey before either event commenced).
Nature abhors a vacuum
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: Ryder Cup

Post by The Seer »

I believe there should be more captain's picks. As one knows, tournaments are mostly won by players in the midst of a run/groove. A quick glance at some U.S. team players - Stricker, Watson, Simpson - haven't done anything for awhile - Simpson could be argued since he won the major....but all in all, it does look like a formidable U.S. team.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
haywood
Crack Whore

Post by haywood »

agreed, there is no equal to the Ryder cup

I will be taking Friday off to watch from the comfort of my couch.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

I'll take Keegs and Taryn in the bar brawl, please, with a deanb parlay.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

tilikum wrote:I'll take Keegs and Taryn in the bar brawl, please, with a deanb parlay.

Oh, shit.

Hey dude.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

Just saw that there was a golf forum. Sorry - could somebody move this thread over there please?

And greetings and salutations to old friends.
Nature abhors a vacuum
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Log into the Golf Forum monday morning, so you can get your official FedEx Cup picks in.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one