D-Day June 6th. 1944

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

D-Day June 6th. 1944

Post by ChargerMike »

Let us not forget that our nation and it's allies set forth to rid the world of evil. Many men died that day on the beaches of France....

"Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force! You are about to embark upon a great crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers in arms on other fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened, he will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man to man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our home fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to victory!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking."

-- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

mvscal
Blank

Re: D-Day June 6th. 1944

Post by mvscal »

I guess I can do a D-Day PET.

This is Pegasus Bridge spanning the Caen Canal from the clearing where British gliders of the Ox & Bucks Light Infantry from the 6th Airborne Division landed.

The house with the sign across the canal is (now) the Pegasus Bridge Cafe and was the first building liberated during the invasion.

Here are some remnants of Mulberry 'B' on Gold Beach at Arromanches

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

It's big. The biggest one here. You know what else? It's got a lot of range. You know what I mean by range, don't you? I mean it can stay up for a long time. A very long time. And it's built firm and solid. Because it has to be. Because of its tremendous forward thrust. And when this baby delivers its payload... devastating.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

German gun emplacement at Omaha Beach. Note the shell impact divots on the top. They barely scratched it.

Me outside an observation bunker

The view of Bloody Omaha from a German machine gun position

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote: Me outside an observation bunker.
:shock:
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

War Wagon wrote:

:shock: exactly... up until now all we knew about mv was Mission Viejo, now we have a pic?? great pictures however.

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

ChargerMike wrote:
:shock: exactly... up until now all we knew about mv was Mission Viejo, now we have a pic?? great pictures however.

I'm sure Felchco is ripping his crank out of it's socket this very instant.

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

ChargerMike wrote:
War Wagon wrote:

Dont be so sure that is mv, Im willing to bet ten grand its tennis legend Jimmy Connors.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

KC Scott wrote:
Martyred wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:

I'm sure Felchco is ripping his crank out of it's socket this very instant.

I think you mean Brad

Felcho is beating his monitor with his purse
Why would anyone "jack off" to a pic of tennis legend Jimmy Connors?
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Great pics, mv. Post more if you've got 'em.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yeah, I've got plenty more. I've got some of the Normandy American Military Cemetary, Utah Beach and Ste Mere Eglise. Utah Beach isn't much to look at, though. I'll post them later.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

What up JiP good to see you pop up...

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ChargerMike wrote: :shock: exactly... up until now all we knew about mv was Mission Viejo, now we have a pic??
there was speculation that mv was Hispanic, at least in part. If that pic is him for realz, it shoots that notion all to hell. Dude is as white bread as I am, most likely Irish or I miss my guess.

It took some guts to post that pic, not near the guts it took to storm those beaches, but still... Rack it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

War Wagon wrote:there was speculation that mv was Hispanic, at least in part.
He looks like Perk/Otis.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Rack those soldiers for what they did, and rack my old man:

Corporal Donald Gerald W----, US Army. D Day + 1. RIP. 1910 - 1993.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Derron wrote:Rack those soldiers for what they did, and rack my old man:

Corporal Donald Gerald W----, US Army. D Day + 1. RIP. 1910 - 1993.

Was your dad a high school drop-out like his son and grandkids too?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

RACK [zy]my boys[/zy].

Hands up, Jerry...the Canadians are here!

The Canucks always bring along their own jerk material...

Why don’t you just STFU.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

ChargerMike wrote: great pictures however.
taken with a nikon, why wouldn't they be great?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

War Wagon wrote:
ChargerMike wrote: :shock: exactly... up until now all we knew about mv was Mission Viejo, now we have a pic??
there was speculation that mv was Hispanic, at least in part. If that pic is him for realz, it shoots that notion all to hell. Dude is as white bread as I am, most likely Irish or I miss my guess.

It took some guts to post that pic, not near the guts it took to storm those beaches, but still... Rack it.
I believe mvscal described himself as being part "Spanish" (as in originating from Spain), and "Spanish" people would describe themselves as being white. There is no such race as Hispanic - it's a made up word. BTW, rack Jay's "1941" reset.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote:There is no such race as Hispanic
hmm, if you say so, I guess the census bureau needs new terminology.

But I see no Spaniard there, not the least bit.

Full blood Irish, maybe some Germanic.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

I think he's a Honduran Jew. On his mother's side.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

The 2010 US Census included changes designed to more clearly distinguish Hispanic ethnicity as not being a race.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_e ... tes_Census

Always happy to oblige, Wags.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Martyred wrote:I think he's a Honduran Jew. On his mother's side.
mvscal is Bill Handel?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:
Truman wrote:There is no such race as Hispanic
hmm, if you say so, I guess the census bureau needs new terminology.

But I see no Spaniard there, not the least bit.

Full blood Irish, maybe some Germanic.
Truman is correct. My father's side of the family is from central Spain. They moved to Mexico and were there for about 50 years and then moved to California about 100 years ago. On my mother's side I'm Irish, Swedish and Lithuanian.

Not all Spaniards are dark complected. Spain is a salad bowl of different ethnicities. It was settled by Celts, Carthagenians, Greeks, Romans, Germans and Moors. The Basques fit in there somehow, too.

To be an ethnic Mexican, you have to have some Indian blood which I do not.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Wagon wrote:But I see no Spaniard there, not the least bit.
I've never seen any Spaniard in mvscal, either.

I mean, look at some of the character traits of that people.

negative
bossy
conceited
straightforward
miserable

etc.

I don't see it.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Ooooh, big deal a pic of mvscal has been posted. :meds: The only ones that seem to care about what people look like are the cowards that have never posted theirs or the shit trolls owned by shit posters.

Anyway, he looks a bit like Bace.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Here are a couple pics of Pointe du Hoc where the Rangers scaled the cliffs. Today it's a well manicured moonscape. The full effect is best appreciated in person or from an aerial photo. We did take some pics of the cliffs but they sucked.

A couple sections of NAMC.

The crosses (and occasional Star of David) are pure white marble with the name and unit of the deceased engraved. Medal of Honor winners have their names engraved in gold.

For everyone else they have pans of damp sand from Omaha Beach that you can rub into the engraving on the cross.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Here is the famous church in the town center of Ste Mere Eglise

You will remember it if you have seen or read The Longest Day. This is the church where the paratrooper got hung up on the church and watched the battle take place beneath him. He is commemorated by a paratrooper mannequin on the side. Not a very good pic, though.

Here's a couple misc pics that don't have anything to do with D Day.

Napoleon's Tomb in Paris

A cafe in Bastogne, Beligium. Obviously refering to Gen. McAuliffe's response to the German demand to surrender. Had a couple or five beers there.

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

dam'd if I don't see Mikey in this pic, good work mv

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

ChargerMike wrote: dam'd if I don't see Mikey in this pic, good work mv
That was when I was playing in British Open.

I almost got lost in one of those bunkers.
DC Smackmaster
Elwood

Post by DC Smackmaster »

This is a great PET! Awesome pics mvs. was this some sort of arranged tour that you can reserve or had you mapped out where you wanted to visit and just went? You are an interesting fellow.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Some impressive photos of the D-Day site. Thanks for posting them. A camera of course cannot perceive the true scope of any place as well as the human eye/brain. Almost makes me want to travel over there and see it all for myself. Almost.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Atomic Punk wrote:Ooooh, big deal a pic of mvscal has been posted. :meds: The only ones that seem to care about what people look like are the cowards that have never posted theirs or the shit trolls owned by shit posters.

Anyway, he looks a bit like Bace.
I doubt he'll be posting any pics of himself wearing womens panties, no matter how much you beg
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

DC Smackmaster wrote:This is a great PET! Awesome pics mvs. was this some sort of arranged tour that you can reserve or had you mapped out where you wanted to visit and just went?
It was a tour from Stephen Ambrose Historical Tours. This one was called D-Day to the Rhine. It's two weeks. It starts in London and you hit some sites and museums around there such as Churchill's wartime communications bunker then you go down to Portsmouth where many of the D Day participants embarked for France. The HMS Victory is there (Nelson's ship at Trafalgar) and you get a tour through that (very interesting).

From Portsmouth you board a ferry across the channel and land at Ouistreham which was on the easternmost portion of Sword Beach and the invasion. You base out of Caen and for the next few days you work your way west through all the Normandy sites. The you drive to Paris and have some free time there take in the sights. From Paris, you take a train to Arnhem and check out the Market Garden (Bridge Too Far) battlefields then it's off to Luxemburg to hang out for a bit (cool place) and Belgium to visit parts of the Bulge such as Bastogne and the Luxemburg American Cemetary where Patton is buried. After that there is a boat ride up the Rhine river through some very scenic countryside to Frankfort where the tour ends and you return to the States.

Our tour guide was a guy named Ron Drez who is a pretty interesting dude in his own right. He was a Marine company commander in Vietnam with a couple Bronze Stars and was the assistant director of the Eisenhower Center at the U of New Orleans and one of Stephen Ambrose's research assistants. Ron did a lot of the grunt work behind Band of Brothers. Ambrose used him to conduct many of the veteran interviews because he felt they might relate more openly to a fellow combat veteran.

http://www.jesuitnola.org/alumni/ron_dr ... 8-7-14.htm
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Wolfman wrote:Almost makes me want to travel over there and see it all for myself. Almost.
I would highly recommend the trip to anyone. Normandy is absolutely beautiful country. It was more like a pilgrimage than a tour.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

ChargerMike wrote:Image

dam'd if I don't see Mikey in this pic, good work mv
He is probably at the base of one of the craters incinerating a fresh frozen salmon filet with a road flare.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Martyred wrote: The Canucks always bring along their own jerk material...

Holy fucking shit...where's my head at?
:doh:

Anyways...

Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:Belgium
Hopefully you had an opportunity to sample some of their Belgian IPAs.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Martyred wrote:Holy fucking shit...where's my head at?
Grab a mirror and check your rectal cavity.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

mvscal wrote:
DC Smackmaster wrote:This is a great PET! Awesome pics mvs. was this some sort of arranged tour that you can reserve or had you mapped out where you wanted to visit and just went?
It was a tour from Stephen Ambrose Historical Tours. This one was called D-Day to the Rhine. It's two weeks. It starts in London and you hit some sites and museums around there such as Churchill's wartime communications bunker then you go down to Portsmouth where many of the D Day participants embarked for France. The HMS Victory is there (Nelson's ship at Trafalgar) and you get a tour through that (very interesting).

From Portsmouth you board a ferry across the channel and land at Ouistreham which was on the easternmost portion of Sword Beach and the invasion. You base out of Caen and for the next few days you work your way west through all the Normandy sites. The you drive to Paris and have some free time there take in the sights. From Paris, you take a train to Arnhem and check out the Market Garden (Bridge Too Far) battlefields then it's off to Luxemburg to hang out for a bit (cool place) and Belgium to visit parts of the Bulge such as Bastogne and the Luxemburg American Cemetary where Patton is buried. After that there is a boat ride up the Rhine river through some very scenic countryside to Frankfort where the tour ends and you return to the States.

Our tour guide was a guy named Ron Drez who is a pretty interesting dude in his own right. He was a Marine company commander in Vietnam with a couple Bronze Stars and was the assistant director of the Eisenhower Center at the U of New Orleans and one of Stephen Ambrose's research assistants. Ron did a lot of the grunt work behind Band of Brothers. Ambrose used him to conduct many of the veteran interviews because he felt they might relate more openly to a fellow combat veteran.

http://www.jesuitnola.org/alumni/ron_dr ... 8-7-14.htm
Were any members of Easy part of the tour?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22