Raiduhs continue freefall

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Raiduhs continue freefall

Post by ChargerMike »

Michael Bush inks 4 year deal with Bears. Half of a crushing 1-2 punch gonzo. Has Mac gone a full season without breaking down? I don't see anyone on that roster to ease the load.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: Raiduhs continue freefall

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Oh look... the AFC West monkeys are flinging shit at each from their respective cages again.

I am sure Meachem/Royal/McCLain make up for the huge losses of Jackson and Tolbert. Sure. And the last time I checked, you morons didn't still didn't fire Norviega yet. :lol:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The cool thing is, you're both right.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Forte sounds chapped about the signing...

http://www.csnchicago.com/xfinity/Matt- ... feedID=661
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Money's tied up elsewhere. No chance to pay big money to the #2 of a 1-2. Oh well.

Could see the Raiders making a play to get Cedric Benson off the scrap heap.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: I am sure Meachem/Royal/McCLain make up for the huge losses of Jackson and Tolbert. Sure. And the last time I checked, you morons didn't still didn't fire Norviega yet. :lol:
Malcom Floyd is going to have more yards and TD's next season than Vincent Jackson. All those other tools are looking to fill his old role.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

I laughed.

Bush was horrific in pass protection, and would routinely blow his assignment or just get flat out bowled over by the blitzer. He also fumbled the ball at critical times late in 2 games, 1 of them resulting in a loss. His shape has been called into question numerous times since he was drafted as well, since he gets gassed much sooner than he should. Good riddance.

McKenzie is doing a great job of cleaning out the overpaid trash and Alcula "speedsters" who dont play the game well and replacing them with solid vets on the cheap who can actually ball. The Breisel signing for the O-line was a great one-they are now a dominant, strong young group. If they land Manny Lawson, that D will be very, very solid.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

R-Jack wrote:Malcom Floyd is going to have more yards and TD's next season than Vincent Jackson.
You obviously know nothing about football. Floyd sucks. He's been released more times JTR has been laid. To make matters worse, he's fucking brittle. He's going to be 31 years old this year and has never broken 50 catches or a 1,000 yards. He's in the twilight of a rather forgettable career. He's not a #1 receiver and will have difficulty getting open with (a real #1) Jackson gone.

Your prediction has as much chance of happening as suckaholic winning a Spelling Bee.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

All of that may be true, except two things

1-Not one of those other recievers is going to get more looks than Floyd. He may not be great, but he will be the #1.

2-Jackson chased money and landed in WR statistical graveyard. He sure as fuck isn't going to make Josh Freeman look like Phillip Rivers.

Who is a better reciever had nothing to do with my take. I said Floyd would stat better than Jackon in 2012. That's not too far of a stretch.

the fact that Floyd is a tenth round keeper in my fantasy league has nothing to do with this either.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Vincent brown may well end up as Rivers number target. He made some circus catches let in the year, he fights like hell for the ball, and Rivers trusts him.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

R-Jack wrote:All of that may be true, except two things
Actually none of it was true. Vincent Jackson is not an elite receiver. He is and always will be a system player. He has never gotten double digit TDs in a season and his highest reception total (68)and yardage (less than 1,200) are pedestrian at best. Props to him for getting over, but there is no way he's worth $55 million.

I agree with you. I don't see much of a drop off at all with Floyd. Meachem was a solid #2 in New Orleans. He's not quite as tall as Floyd but he still has good size and should continue to be a good supporting player.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Meachem was a solid #2 in New Orleans.
You really don't watch a lot of football. Meacham may well work out for you, but don't try to pretend that Meacham was the #2 guy in NO. Meacham was 5th in yards, 6th in receptions and 5th in receiving TDs. Peirre Thomas was a more likely target for Drew Brees than Robert Meacham.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

You can watch football till you're blue in the face and it isn't going to do you any good if you don't understand don't understand the game...and you clearly don't.

Meachem has good size and speed on the outside and with Colston on the other side, that left a lot of options underneath to the slot receiver, TE and RBs out of the backfield and they had the talent to take advantage of those options.

40 catches with a 15.5 average and 6 TDs is exactly what the Chargers (and anyone else for that matter) are looking for in a #2 wideout. It shouldn't need to be said but, since you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, the #2 WR is not necessarily synonymous with the second leading receiver on the team. The primary role of the #2 WR is to keep the defense honest.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I think Oakland's personnel has been surpassed by both Denver and KC.

Oakland lost it's top ball carrier, sack leader, and starting TE (and others, also), while it looks to me as if both the Hee Haws and the Griefs have improved themselves.

The Raiders don't have much of a draft this year, to say the least.

It's possible that they can piece together "decent" starting units, but depth is going to be a serious issue, imo.

Then we have this...

Owner: Rookie
GM: Rookie
Head Coach: Rookie
DC: Rookie
OC: 2nd stint with Oakland - and the first one wasn't great. He's had a spotty career as OC in other places

Good luck, Oakland Raiders.

As I look at things now, in April, I'm not that optimistic that the Raiders are going to have a good season.