College football's most overrated since 2001

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

College football's most overrated since 2001

Post by Left Seater »

We all like to talk about overrated programs but someone has finally put a little science/math behind it and we have factual numbers. Based on preseason rating and final ratings from both the coaches and AP polls we now know who the most overrated is. The author took the preseason ranking vs the final ranking and saw who lost the most places with out of the poll being 0 and then put a percentage to it.

The most overrated program during the last decade has been Florida State with a 60% drop from preseason to final poll.

Any guesses on the other 9 in the top 10?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: College football's most overrated since 2001

Post by Killian »

Notre Dame, Cal, Michigan, Miami, Nebraska, Tennessee all come to mind.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

1.Florida State
2.California
3.Tennessee
4.Nebraska
5.Florida
6.Notre Dame
7.Miami (Fla.)
8.Michigan
9.Virginia Tech
10.Oklahoma
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Georgia certainly comes to mind.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I'm just glad he copied, er, typed the (Fla.) after Miami. For a minute, I thought he meant the one in Oxford.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:I'm just glad he copied, er, typed the (Fla.) after Miami. For a minute, I thought he meant the one in Oxford.
It's only appropriate.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Van wrote:Georgia certainly comes to mind.
was my first thought, too. ATM, maybe in the "doing less with more" category. but, i see now this is another preseason v. postseason rankings deal. Clemson has a way of showing up on these kinds of lists. all time most overrated imo was Syracuse in the 80's and 90's.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Can't be ATM since you would have to be rated in the first place to eventually be considered overrated.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

The SEC dodges a bullet in this one, since they seem to come up with a new overrated team each year. Remember when Ole Miss was a preseason Top 10 team a couple years ago? How'd that turn out again? This year, you could give it to Miss. St. or Georgia.
"Keys, woman!"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Any guesses on the other 9 in the top 10?
Miami U
Georgia
Notre Dame
California
Penn St
Clemson
Tenn
virginia tech
West Virginia
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Unfortunately Neb made the list, hopefully we can avoid doing-so in the future.

FSU headed the list by a considerable margin, and this season won' t do anything for their standing. Nolefan is up in arms, will be interesting to see if Jimbo can get this turned-around.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Killian wrote:Notre Dame, Cal, Michigan, Miami, Nebraska, Tennessee all come to mind.
sorry Killian, But the term overrated wouldnt apply to nebraska the past ten years, because its obvious that during the Callahan years, we wer'nt anything special. BUT, and this is HANDS DOWN!

since 2000, when Bob stoops actually had a frightenning fast defense, and won a national title, since 2001, the oklahoma sooners have been the most overrated, BY FAR.
Think about it? every single year they are supposed to be number one or near number one, YET, come years end, they get raped and fucked and sodomized, by the likes of boise st.

seriously, I can think of no other school who is always ranked number one, or near one, and by years end, is a paper tiger.

nebraska, the past ten years is no where near number one, no where near supposed to be fighting for a title. HOWEVER, thats gonna change real soon, mark my words.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Papa Willie wrote:I'd say:

1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. FSU
5. Miami
6. Nebraska
7. Va. Tech
8. Oklahoma
9. Penn State
10. Texas
Your list makes no credible sense, it lacks any credibility, you list oklahoma at 8? Every year they are a pre-season favorite to win it all, YET, every year they get fucked! Stoops last real defense was in 2000, since then, his teams are overrated come january.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.