Taking bets on the death of Rev Jones

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Taking bets on the death of Rev Jones

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Terry Jones, the Koran-burning Florida pastor, says Detroit-area police and prosecutors are trying to silence him by demanding a $100,000 bond.

Jones plans to visit Dearborn, Mich., which has one of the biggest Muslim populations in the country, on Good Friday, The Detroit News reported. Prosecutors filed a motion Friday requesting he put up a "peace bond" and saying he could cause a riot "complete with discharge of firearms."

The Dearborn police said he should put up $100,000 to cover the cost of overtime, Jones said. He called the move unconstitutional and said he does not plan to pay.

"Nothing has changed. Nothing will change," Jones said. "We will definitely be there."

Jones is the pastor of Dove World Outreach Center, a small church in Gainesville, Fla. Last year, he announced plans to hold a public burning of the Koran but backed down.

More recently, Jones burned a Koran. The action was ignored by U.S. news media but when the news reached Afghanistan it set off deadly riots.

Jones said he plans a protest against radical Islam outside the Dearborn mosque, the biggest in the country.

Dawud Walid of the Council on American-Islamic Relations suggested prosecutors are helping Jones by going to court.

"Their action innocently played into Jones' objectives, which is to paint Dearborn as a pro-sharia city that's oppressing Christians, which is, of course, not true," he told the Detroit Free Press.

Source: UPI

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish ... 8615.shtml
Nothing like a nice Koran burning session in a city with the largest concentration of muzzies in the U.S.

Good luck with that, dipshit. :popcorn:

That is, if he doesn't puss out this time.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Taking bets on the death of Rev Jones

Post by BSmack »

Dawud Walid
Pray for them.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You should call in sick and do a VET or PET of this event. Should be epic.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Nothing like a nice Koran burning session in a city with the largest concentration of muzzies in the U.S.
Who says he's going to burn a Koran?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

My bad, the article doesn't say he plans to burn a Koran. Still, he's going to be raising some hell right outside the mosque. I'm sure Darwin's locked & loaded.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Alright MGO... put me down for $20, dude gets dead less than 4 minutes after his protest begins.

But he must be visible from the onset for the bet to count and he can't be protected by any Pope-Mobile type of device.

:bode:
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Nothing like a nice Koran burning session in a city with the largest concentration of muzzies in the U.S.

What makes him a dipshit? I can't help but notice that there is nary a peep when fag marriage supporters disrupt Christian services. Are they dipshits, too?

Why is it that violence from Muslims is not only expected but tolerated?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Alright MGO... put me down for $20, dude gets dead less than 4 minutes after his protest begins.

But he must be visible from the onset for the bet to count and he can't be protected by any Pope-Mobile type of device.

:bode:
How about any extra $ 20 if somebody calls the manner of execution correctly ?

I call a dome lopping with a saber ..
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Nothing like a nice Koran burning session in a city with the largest concentration of muzzies in the U.S.

What makes him a dipshit? I can't help but notice that there is nary a peep when fag marriage supporters disrupt Christian services. Are they dipshits, too?

Why is it that violence from Muslims is not only expected but tolerated?
What makes him a dipshit? Are you serious?...oh, right....

Anyways, the obvious difference is that folks protesting for gay marriage are on the side of basic human rights and civil liberties. Moronic religionists like Jones--and similar Islamic fundamentalists--are calling for intolerance, ignorance, and subjugation of women--for starters. He is a hate-filled redneck trogladite who also seems to be a fame whore. Nice. And....he's yer boy! 8) Damn, you are a sad sack indeed.
Before God was, I am
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

mvscal wrote:What makes him a dipshit? I can't help but notice that there is nary a peep when fag marriage supporters disrupt Christian services. Are they dipshits, too?
Biggest difference is one buys the book to light on fire and the others are "by the book" flamers. The common thread between the two is that that both are bringing attention to themselves as opposed to their cause.

So yes, they are dipshits too.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Jones--and similar Islamic fundamentalists--are calling for intolerance, ignorance, and subjugation of women--for starters. He is a hate-filled redneck trogladite who also seems to be a fame whore.
How many people has Jones killed? It seems to me that people who are concerned for "basic human rights and civil liberties" would be side by side with Jones in protesting Islam which is, without any possibility of contradiction, the single most barbaric, violent, misogynistic cult on the planet. There isn't even a close second.

So why is Jones a "hate mongering bigot" for protesting against Islam while faggots who protest against Christianity are just crusaders in the cause of "basic human rights and civil liberties"? You are obviously suffering from a seriously debilitating case of cognitive dissonance.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I seriously hope that should there be a Muslim counter protest that the earth will open up and swallow the lot of them. I have no use for either side.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Ironically, much of the Arab population of Dearborn is Christian.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I'm awaiting to see who goes after your statement as it is well-worded to distinguish between the two.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Martyred wrote:Ironically, much of the Arab population of Dearborn is Christian.
Arguable but irrelevant. I don't think you'll find those Arab Christians attending the Dearborn Mosque.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:What makes him a dipshit?
Well, I generally consider protesters to be nothing more than organized purse swingers. So he's a dipshit by default. Then factor in his willingness to get his dome lopped off to accomplish jack motherfucking shit, and that makes him a super special dipshit.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Martyred wrote:Ironically, much of the Arab population of Dearborn is Christian.
Untrue. Lots of Christian Arabs in Metro Detroit, tons of Muzzie Arabs in Dearborn. Why the fuck do you think he's picking Dearborn over say Bloomfield Twp? Wolverine Steve could back me up here and so could that tard Killian if he wasn't busy making excuses for Notre Dame being responsible for the death of an innocent human being.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

If you want to keep getting your ass handed to you, step back into the CFB forum. But since you won't, I'd like you to point out where I made any excuse what so ever. While you're spinning your wheels, here's something for your bleeding heart to read:

Analyzing Notre Dame's Sullivan report
April, 21, 2011
APR 21
10:45
AM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Ryan McGee

First Down: The real takeaway from the Notre Dame accident report
On Monday, Notre Dame released its 145-page report on the Declan Sullivan tragedy. When the 20-year-old member of the football team's video unit was killed on October 27, 2010, it struck an emotional chord with me because of my time as a student videographer with the Tennessee Volunteers in the early 1990s. So much so, in fact, that I wrote extensively about my experiences in this blog.

So when the Notre Dame report was published on the university's website, I promised myself that I wouldn't react until I'd had a chance to read the entire report. On Tuesday, I did just that.

In the end, the report blames no one individual or office for the decision to allow the junior to pilot and extend his scissor lift into the blustery day. Not athletic director Jack Swarbrick, director of football operations Chad Klunder, then-head athletic trainer Jim Russ, or Sullivan's immediate supervisor, video coordinator Tim Collins.

All of those men have had their heads called for by heartbroken fans and understandably angry members of the media, particularly in those raw first few days following the accident. Swarbrick's personal recollection of the day's events that he shared at the initial October press conference drew the most vicious fire. What wasn't aimed at the AD was saved for head coach Brian Kelly, who didn't address the subject in public, save for a few prepared statements.

And that's why the initial reaction from so many to Monday's findings was so pointed and emotional. The simplest summation of the report came in its fifth paragraph, part of the opening letter from Notre Dame president, Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C:

"Many individuals and departments share the collective responsibility for the inadequacy of the procedures that led to this tragedy. The university, then, is collectively responsible."

For those who wanted to see heads roll, the idea of a mass responsibility has been unsatisfying and enraging. There has to be someone to blame, right? A smoking gun has to exist, with the fingerprints of the individual who must live with the guilt of Sullivan's death, doesn't it?

Wrong.

The central finding of the report's story is spot-on. What killed Declan Sullivan wasn't one bad decision made by a person or persons who didn't do their job. Sullivan was killed by a culture, the hierarchy of an old school, grass-and-lime rectangular world that has largely remained unchanged since the days of Knute Rockne. And it isn't exclusive to South Bend.

In the end, that culture is what the report ultimately blames for the deadly accident. It's the environment that I tried to describe in my October column, a mentality straight out of "A Few Good Men" that says you don't question orders, you obey them, whether you're an offensive lineman or the equipment manager. And it's not a duty that's done out of fear, it's out of a desire to do the right thing.

We'll never know what Sullivan was thinking up on that tower in the wind -- even his cryptic Tweets have come under differences of interpretation -- but the reason that he stayed up there was simple: he didn't want to let the team down.

When I was asked to clarify my feelings on "Outside The Lines" a few days after the accident, the best explanation I could come up with then was still the best one that I have now. When I was 20 years old, the last thing in the world that I would ever considered was to climb my tower, look at the weather, and turn to head coach/living legend Johnny Majors and say, "Hey Coach, I don't think we should be practicing outside today."

You think that Sullivan, a kid who grew up outside Chicago wearing green and gold, was going to be the guy who bailed on practice because it was windy or went against what he believed were the wishes of Brian Kelly? Not a chance.

The only section of the report where Kelly is discussed at length are the pages that detail the timeline of the decision to hold practice outside on October 27. Kelly did as he had always done, eyeballing the weather and making the call to practice outside. He conveyed that decision to Klunder, who refers to himself as "Kelly's weatherman" and advisor on the daily outside-or-inside decision. Klunder informed Collins and Russ of Kelly's plan and they do everything they can to make that happen, sending their troops of both student and staff into action. Everyone monitors the weather all day long, but it is clear that if the initial order was "practice outside," that's exactly what everyone is going to make happen.

As the report details, there should have been better monitoring of to-the-second weather conditions. There also should have been more defined roles as to who would do that monitoring and to whom they should report if they had concerns. And there certainly needed to be more thorough training on what the team's three scissor lifts were and were not capable of. All of those issues are addressed and plans are laid out to correct them.

But the most important sentence of the report gets lost among all of the carefully-worded timelines and recommendations. The words that ultimately hold the solution to avoid another practice field tragedy live on page 15, between "Appointment of Athletic Department Safety Contacts", and "New Lift-Identification Protocol."

It reads: "In addition to the Safety Contact, coaches, filming coordinators, videographers, and all other employee-operators should still be encouraged to voice any concerns they may have regarding the propriety of using lifts in certain conditions. Moreover, lift operators should continue to be empowered to ground or lower the lifts if they feel uncomfortable for any reason whatsoever."

In other words, forget the chain of command. Forget the fact that you might get yelled at by a position coach for having missed a few plays on video while you adjusted your lift. Forget that you might receive cat calls from the players below for wimping out while they are toughing it out.

Now those who have long been an invisible link in the college football chain are being given the power to do the right thing. To speak up and use common sense in situations they are uncomfortable with.

"When we get to the CSVA (Collegiate Sports Video Association) conference next month we'll be talking about the Notre Dame report for five days," an ACC video coordinator told me on Wednesday afternoon. "The recommendations in the report aren't just for Notre Dame, they're for all of us. But what we're most excited about it is that it gives us stronger position in the decision-making process. You don't take blind orders anymore and just see them through, damn the torpedoes. Now you can speak up and say, 'This is a bad idea.'"
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

How does Notre Dame fit into this :?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Killian wrote:Scrollin' scrollin' scrollin', keep that wheel ascrollin'...RAWHIDE!!!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:If you want to keep getting your ass handed to you, step back into the CFB forum.
:lol:

You're fucking kidding me, right? Bwah. If I have BODE on anyone in the world, it is surely you. What, you have some entourage or posse waiting for me in the college football forum? Go choke on another dick, Sally.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Killian wrote:If you want to keep getting your ass handed to you, step back into the CFB forum.
:lol:

You're fucking kidding me, right? Bwah. If I have BODE on anyone in the world, it is surely you. What, you have some entourage or posse waiting for me in the college football forum? Go choke on another dick, Sally.
Sure you do, skippy. Seeing as how you run to other boards to call me names instead of taking me on in the CFB forum, it proves you a pussy of the highest order. Remember, you have to sport the fucking "I stand corrected" in your sig because you would make runs at me, and I would beat on you like Ike did Tina.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

you're having a protest
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I like where this thread is going.

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Yeah Killian, you sure showed him.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:Seeing as how you run to other boards to call me names instead of taking me on in the CFB forum
Well it only took you 13 minutes to reply to my post, you obviously hit Image no matter what forum I post in, so what does it matter?

Quit the flailing and handwringing, bitch. Shut your polesmokers.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I literally have no idea what that icon means. But I am a big fan of unintentional comedy, and your positing fit the bill on an almost hourly basis.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I give this dipshit about 15 minutes and then he'll be dead with a boatload of supporters happy for his death.

This country is way fucked up.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
mvscal wrote:What makes him a dipshit?
Well, I generally consider protesters to be nothing more than organized purse swingers. So he's a dipshit by default. Then factor in his willingness to get his dome lopped off to accomplish jack motherfucking shit, and that makes him a super special dipshit.
Dude are you serious ?
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I wouldn't say "tired", just not really a "part of", that's cool by me. I imagine that's what non political posters feel when they see an abundance of political threads.

We're rogues dude. Independent and maybe unwanted. But we have fun. :D
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Jones--and similar Islamic fundamentalists--are calling for intolerance, ignorance, and subjugation of women--for starters. He is a hate-filled redneck trogladite who also seems to be a fame whore.
How many people has Jones killed? It seems to me that people who are concerned for "basic human rights and civil liberties" would be side by side with Jones in protesting Islam which is, without any possibility of contradiction, the single most barbaric, violent, misogynistic cult on the planet. There isn't even a close second.

So why is Jones a "hate mongering bigot" for protesting against Islam while faggots who protest against Christianity are just crusaders in the cause of "basic human rights and civil liberties"? You are obviously suffering from a seriously debilitating case of cognitive dissonance.

How many? Well, Jones is just a moronic redneck piss ant--and he's responsible for several murders...

Hope wasn't enough for three of them. They were hunted down and brutally slain -- their bodies found later in three different parts of the compound in northern Afghanistan.

"They were killed when they were running out of the bunker," said Staffan de Mistura, the top U.N. envoy in Afghanistan, who recounted their harrowing deaths to reporters on Saturday evening. "One was pulled out alive because he pretended to be a Muslim."

De Mistura spoke in a somber tone as he described how three U.N. staff members and four Nepalese guards were killed Friday when the protesters stormed their compound in the normally peaceful city of Mazar-i-Sharif. He placed direct blame on those who burned a copy of the Muslim holy book in Gainesville, Florida, last month, stoking anti-foreign sentiment that already was on the rise after nearly a decade of war in Afghanistan.

Of course if you're asking about Christer lunatics with scrambled eggs...

My God is bigger than yours...

How about a million Iraqis murdered by demented and utterly corrupt and cynical Christer/corporate aggression..

Your pathetic twisting, seething coil--like a human bug-light--is played out and about to end... :hfal:
Before God was, I am
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Some articles are indicating that Christianity has lost its potency as a means of oppression, control, and coercion. For the powerful, it has served its purpose. Islam is the new way. Some suggest it's prophecy in both Christian lore and Islamic lore.

Go figure.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:Some articles are indicating that Christianity has lost its potency as a means of oppression, control, and coercion. For the powerful, it has served its purpose. Islam is the new way. Some suggest it's prophecy in both Christian lore and Islamic lore.

Go figure.
Off the wagon eh? Or is rambling incoherency what you were aiming for?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Some articles are indicating that Christianity has lost its potency as a means of oppression, control, and coercion. For the powerful, it has served its purpose. Islam is the new way. Some suggest it's prophecy in both Christian lore and Islamic lore.

Go figure.
Off the wagon eh? Or is rambling incoherency what you were aiming for?
Tom's take seems pretty clear to me. What part are you unable to understand?
The part where any sane person would, after casting aside Christian idiocy, then convert to an even more backwards Islamic idiocy.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Why would I have had to fall off the wagon to read stuff on the internet, watch documentary youtube videos and gather information ?

I'm just passing on information here B, the only intriguing aspect to it all for me anyway is the fact we're supposedly "not caving into terrorists", yet cower and scurry at every turn to not offend them - while we're killing them :lol:

And now, in Libya, we're allied with them. Go figure.

Who knows what the fuck is going on. Burning books is silly but attempts to make Jones the least bit culpable in the reactionary violence that occurs is misguided in my opinion. I respect Petraeus a lot but when he said Jones was harming the war effort, a week or two after news broke of a rogue unit killing civilians and posing with pictures of them, I have to think it's either symbolic of our collective insanity or an intentional misdirection.

P.S. Thanks 88
PPS. B, I didn't say there would be mass conversions. No need to lose your head.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:Why would I have had to fall off the wagon to read stuff on the internet, watch documentary youtube videos and gather information ? I'm just passing on information here B, the only intriguing aspect to it all for me anyway is the fact we're supposedly "not caving into terrorists", yet cower and scurry at every turn to not offend them - while we're killing them :lol: And now, in Libya, we're allied with them. Go figure.
We were allied with bin Laden and Saddam. I'm pretty sure we are not allied with either any more.

What I believe you're referencing is the policy of this and previous administrations to not offend the sensibilities of muslims. Now I believe their religion to be as backward a religion as possible in this world. But that is no reason to insult them on their home turf. That would be like Alabama fans waving dead tree limbs at the Iron Bowl next year.
Who knows what the fuck is going on. Burning books is silly but attempts to make Jones the least bit culpable in the reactionary violence that occurs is misguided in my opinion. I respect Petraeus a lot but when he said Jones was harming the war effort, a week or two after news broke of a rogue unit killing civilians and posing with pictures of them, I have to think it's either symbolic of our collective insanity or an intentional misdirection.
Jones is absolutely not responsible for the insanity of muslims who have rioted and killed. Those people are barbarians. Period.
PPS. B, I didn't say there would be mass conversions. No need to lose your head.
Then what did you mean when you said "Islam is the new way" Tom?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tom In VA wrote:I respect Petraeus a lot
Rack.

Sincerely,

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Tom In VA wrote:Who knows what the fuck is going on. Burning books is silly but attempts to make Jones the least bit culpable in the reactionary violence that occurs is misguided in my opinion.
Any rational person would conclude that Jones' appearance in a Muslim community would cause problems, so, yes, he would be culpable. We do have laws against inciting riots. That doesn't justify any illegal actions by the rioters, should there be any, but Jones would/should be held culpable for inciting said riot. On a good day, someone will kill Jones, the killer and rioters will be arrested, and everyone will live happier ever after.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Mace wrote:On a good day, someone will kill Jones.
If you have someone change your adult diaper more often and maybe apply some Boudreaux's Butt Paste to your rash areas, you wouldn't be such an irate old geezer.

Just sayin'...
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mace wrote:We do have laws against inciting riots.
Touche. So it looks like Jones, the Police in any major city, the Wisconisn Governor, sports team - college, pro and high school and believe it or not - little tike leagues - should all be arrested and jailed for inciting riots ?

Prison wardens ? When there incompetent running of a prison, "incites" inmates to riot - should we throw the warden in with them for inciting riots ?

Where do we draw the line ? Or do we just admit that the "inmates" really do run the assylum ?