Post by Mikey »

Are you guys freaking out?

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/31/133375046 ... t=1&f=1001

We had a little rain last night, BTW.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Midwest Trolls...

Post by R-Jack »

I'm pretty sure if their ancestors knew what lied ahead, they would've found a way to fix that wagon wheel.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Of course we’re not freaking out. We’re not weather pussies like most Cali’s are. It snows, we move snow, end of story.

BTW, happy birthday, R-Jack.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

"Freaking out" would be a huge overstatement, imo, because anyone who's lived here for a few years is used to it and expects it to happen every winter. I subbed at a school this morning about 23 miles from my home and we got out at 11:00 a.m. due to the ice. We're expecting 10-12 inches of snow over the next two days, so it's likely that I'll be home for a couple of days. We've had a very mild winter up to this point, so we're due for a storm or two before spring.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to start stretching a little in preparation for some serious snow scooping.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Goober McTuber wrote:Of course we’re not freaking out. We’re not weather pussies like most Cali’s are. It snows, we move snow, end of story.

BTW, happy birthday, R-Jack.
Thank you for the birfday wishes. If I had to waste time shoveling snow, I may actually look 36.

BTW 60 degrees and no clouds.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Schools are already closed in Kansas and Missouri.
Pussies.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Pussies.
not due to snow, due to general lack of interest in any of that book learnin' nonsense.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

^^^ Weak attempt at upper mexican smack.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote:"Freaking out" would be a huge overstatement, imo, because anyone who's lived here for a few years is used to it and expects it to happen every winter.
Doesn't mean I have to like it. Winter sucks, and ice sucks worst of all. That's what we've got now, freezing rain turning to snow overnight.

I've seen forecasts of between 14-23 inches of snow possible, depending on the track of the storm. Combine that with wind gusts up to 40 mph and sub-zero temps, this may be the storm of the century in these parts.

I just hope we don't lose power. It doesn't take much ice on the lines to snap them.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I concur with your feelings about winter and ice, Wags, but, as you know, we've learned to deal with it. We've only gotten a little ice today and only expecting 10-12 inches of snow over the next 48 hours, but they're expecting 17+ inches about 50 miles to our east, so we could get more than expected if the storm doesn't track the way they're predicting. We should only have a couple more months of winter weather, so I think we can handle it. Spring training is just around the corner.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

88 wrote:I don't mind the snow. But the ice blows moose cack. Going to the store tonight to get some "in case the power goes out for 3 days" shit.
Yeah, I went to the store too. Picked up a little food and some extra beer. If the power goes out, I'll have to drink fast before it gets warm....or put it outside.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Mace wrote: If the power goes out, I'll have to drink fast before it gets warm....or put it outside.
When I lived in Squaw Valley a while back the snow was so deep all you had to do to have a fridge was to open any window on the first floor, or during some years on the second floor, scoop out the snow and you were good to go. Best way to keep your roomies from pinching your stash, if you had a good lock on your bd door. Good times.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mace wrote:
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to start stretching a little in preparation for some serious snow scooping.
I don't think so.

Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

88 wrote:Going to the store tonight to get some "in case the power goes out for 3 days" shit.
You and about 30 million other people, I reckon.

Went ahead and filled up with gas today and had to jockey around to find an open pump because everybody else had the same idea. A storm like this will turn a 20 minute commute into 2 hours.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Nothing much in CNY beat a good nor'easter dumping about 3 feet of heavy wet snow overnight. Tell Watertown and the "north country" New York about ice storms. Reason #1 why I live here: no snow or ice. I'll gladly put up with the warm summers. It doesn't cause you to take your life into your hands when you drive in it.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Wolfman wrote:Nothing much in CNY beat a good nor'easter dumping about 3 feet of heavy wet snow overnight. Tell Watertown and the "north country" New York about ice storms. Reason #1 why I live here: no snow or ice. I'll gladly put up with the warm summers. It doesn't cause you to take your life into your hands when you drive in it.
I've driven in plenty of snowy icey shit and I've driven in your neck of the woods surrounded by 84 year olds in their buicks.

IMHO, becoming the victim of gertrude unintentionally accelerating into you in her park ave rates higher on the take your life into your hands scale than sliding across an intersection and bouncing off a snow bank.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

THE floods when all that snow melts will probably be worse. I could imagine the run on Rolling Rock beer at the I.G.A. this afternoon.

Some South Central Canada types on another board were predicting heavy snow melt and flooding being directed toward the Midwest from there parts. Id have to consult a topo map on that one.

Good luck, and dont forget, when the power goes out, generaters run better indoors.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

I'd take two feet of snow over this 4-7 inches, 30 mph winds gusting to 45, with a windchill factor of -25 to -40 shit. shoot..i'd throw on a speedo, black socks, and sandals if it got up to 40 degrees anytime soon.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wolfman wrote:Nothing much in CNY beat a good nor'easter dumping about 3 feet of heavy wet snow overnight. Tell Watertown and the "north country" New York about ice storms. Reason #1 why I live here: no snow or ice. I'll gladly put up with the warm summers. It doesn't cause you to take your life into your hands when you drive in it.
No, it's all those senile old fucks that shouldn't even be driving any more that cause you to take your life into your hands when you drive in Florida.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^^^^^^^Get on a plane mother fucker... :P
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Pussies.

^^^^^^^^^^
This.

Precautionary attempt to keep the JSC's and Midget Sales' of the world at bay.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

No school today. We got a little snow on top of the ice from yesterday but we're supposed to get hit this afternoon with a lot more snow, so I won't likely be working tomorrow either.

[Mace's grandpa]I don't know what's wrong with the youth of America these days. Hell, we used to walk 4 miles to school through 5 feet of snow, uphill both ways.[/Mace's grandpa]
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

been coming down at a pretty good clip the past hour, about 2-3 inches an hour. It's piling up fast. I had my ass at work 2 hours early today so I could leave 2 hours early. I won't be caught in the clusterfuck of parked traffic like 3 weeks ago, by damn. I think half the city stayed home anyway.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

All of our shipping carriers pulled their trucks off the road. Nothing's coming in or going out today.

When freight isn't moving, that's when you know it's a fucked up mess.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

It's more than just the Midwest
Following a storm that produced 4.4 inches of snow in Madison on Monday and more early Tuesday morning, we’ll get a break during the day on Tuesday before one of the biggest snowstorms in years — according to forecasters — starts to pummel the region by mid-afternoon.

The second storm is expected to virtually shut down the region, with up to 12 inches of snow being pushed into drifts by winds of 25 to 30 miles per hour.

Weather forecasters are calling the massive storm creeping across the nation’s midsection on Tuesday the biggest storm in land area in U.S. history, expected to produce everything from 2 feet of snow to an inch of ice in a 33-state region stretching from the Rocky Mountains to Texas to the upper Plains and Midwest to New England and the mid-Atlantic states.

The National Weather Service on Tuesday morning issued a blizzard warning for Dane and other counties in south central Wisconsin from 3 p.m. Tuesday until noon Wednesday, and a blizzard warning already in effect in southeast Wisconsin, where up to 17 inches of snow is forecast for Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha Counties.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Of course we’re not freaking out. We’re not weather pussies like most Cali’s are. It snows, we move snow, end of story.

It snows, we move to where it doesn't snow, end of story.

Sin,
Us Weather Pussies

Let's see -- shitty weather, almost year-round... little in the way of scenery or outdoor opportunity... extreme lack of culture...

Unless Uncle Sam is paying you big bucks to grow wheat or corn, I really don't understand it.But hey, better you than me. I'll just deal with the gloomy gray drizzle for 3 months or so, and enjoy the utopian weather the rest of the year... and hope no more mountains explode (St Helens started rumbling again).

About 35 and sunny-btw. Should be 45 or so by the afternoon -- a little on the cool side for this time of year, but dry. Any time I get disillusioned with the winter weather and the Blanket of Gloom, I can just flip on the Weather Channel and laugh at you folks instead.

Few more dry days, and it's golfing weather.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Still fairly light snow up here for now but the wind is blowing like a mother. We'll have white out conditions when the heavier snow reaches us this afternoon. They're also forecasting ten below temps for tomorrow night before warming up to the high 20's over the weekend. I'm happy that this is happening in February and not November or December where we'd have to deal with this shit all winter. This has been a pretty mild winter in my little slice of the world, especially when compared to last year. Things will be back to normal in a few days and we can start getting ready for spring. I've been submitting bids for mowing/lawn care jobs this week and can't wait to get outside and start working.....not to mention just seeing green grass again.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

We ain't got jack shit in Southern Indiana yet. Temps in mid 30s, no wind and a little drizzle outside.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:

It snows, we move to where it doesn't snow, end of story.

Sin,
Us Weather Pussies

Let's see -- shitty weather, almost year-round... little in the way of scenery or outdoor opportunity... extreme lack of culture...
Yes, you really are a complete fucking idiot.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Guess that's why the folks moved from Old Blighty, eh, Dins?
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mace wrote:SI've been submitting bids for mowing/lawn care jobs this week and can't wait to get outside and start working.....not to mention just seeing green grass again.

Lawn doesn't quite need mowing yet, since it was cut nice and short around Thanksgiving. Starting to get a little shaggy. Had enough cold snaps over the last couple of months to keep it from growing nonstop all winter (which is helpful, since if there's no extended cold snaps, it just keeps growing (slowly), which kinda sucks since it's so wet, we can't traverse the lawn with the mower without it sinking in and getting dug out in spring). As long as it stays cool like this, it won't grow too fast... but it's going to warm up a bunch over the next couple of weeks, and the Saturday morning symphony of mowers will reverberate soon... soon.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dinsdale wrote:I really don't understand it.
Goober McTuber wrote: Yes, you really are a complete fucking idiot.

I guess sometimes, I just need a little reminder -- you folks actually think you've got it going on...

BTW-did I mention that it rains here every single minute of every single day, and there's absolutely nothing to do here?

If you're looking to relocate, try california -- I hear it's nice there.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:I really don't understand it.
Goober McTuber wrote: Yes, you really are a complete fucking idiot.

I guess sometimes, I just need a little reminder -- you folks actually think you've got it going on...

BTW-did I mention that it rains here every single minute of every single day, and there's absolutely nothing to do here?

If you're looking to relocate, try california -- I hear it's nice there.
I have no interest in relocating. Not to your paradise on earth Portland, and certainly not to California. It's quite obvious that you've never set foot in Madison and for you to denigrate it with no basis in fact is just very Dinsdalian of you. Party on.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Dinsdale wrote: Let's see -- shitty weather, almost year-round... little in the way of scenery or outdoor opportunity... extreme lack of culture...
I'm guessing you've never been to the midwest but yet you feel informed enough to draw many false conclusions. :shock:
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mace wrote:[Mace's grandpa]I don't know what's wrong with the youth of America these days. Hell, we used to walk 4 miles to school through 5 feet of snow, uphill both ways.[/Mace's grandpa]
[Terry's dad]And we didn't complain about it, either. We were happy just to have the opportunity to go to school.[/Terry's dad]

Sounds like your family and mine had that same gene, only it extended later on in my family.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Oh, I heard it from my dad too. He told me about how he and his basketball teammates would run (not drive, but RUN) 3-5 miles home to do farm chores after school and then run back to school for basketball practice or games during the dead of winter during the 30's. I guess their coach didn't have to do much for conditioning in practice. No wonder they kicked the shit out of the Japanese and Germans.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote:Oh, I heard it from my dad too. He told me about how he and his basketball teammates would run (not drive, but RUN) 3-5 miles home to do farm chores after school and then run back to school for basketball practice or games during the dead of winter during the 30's.
all without shoes, too!
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

War Wagon wrote:
Mace wrote:Oh, I heard it from my dad too. He told me about how he and his basketball teammates would run (not drive, but RUN) 3-5 miles home to do farm chores after school and then run back to school for basketball practice or games during the dead of winter during the 30's.
all without shoes, too!
We're talking Iowa here, Wags, not Missouri. :)
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: It's quite obvious that you've never set foot in Madison Tuscaloosa/Auburn/Mobile and for you to denigrate it with no basis in fact
See how we southerners feel? Happens to us constantly!
Mace wrote: I'm guessing you've never been to the midwest south but yet you feel informed enough to draw many false conclusions. :shock:
Pretty much a daily thing for Alabamians.

But we want everyone to think bad of us and stay the fuck out!
I've been to the south a few times, Sam, and I enjoyed both the scenery and the people in Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia. Maybe it has something to do with my family roots being in Tennessee but I think I would be very happy living in the south.