WTF, Huskers???

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mace
Eternal Scobode

WTF, Huskers???

Post by Mace »

You're down 10-0 after the 1st quarter. My bowl picks are going down the toilet today with K-State and Tennessee losing so I guess your guys are just trying to keep my losing streak going. It's way early, so maybe they'll get their shit together.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: WTF, Huskers???

Post by Mikey »

That call against the K State WR was fucking ridiculous.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Mikey wrote:That call against the K State WR was fucking ridiculous.
I bet he stops saluting the crowd...only wish the rest of the officiating crews man up and call a spade a spade.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Yes, it was ridiculous but buckeye is right....just don't do that shit and you won't have to worry about getting the flag. The real problem is the inconsistency from one crew to another, and one official to another, and the fact that kids get away with doing a little celebration in some games and not in others. Officials have to know where to draw the line BUT players also have to be smart enough not to flirt with the rule. Just play the fucking game and forget about showboating and drawing attention to yourself.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Ya need to wanna hit someone to win in this game. NU clearly isn't in the mood, was a big deal in conversation that they'd care less about this game. Looks true. They suck out loud.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Cornhusker wrote:Ya need to wanna hit someone to win in this game. NU clearly isn't in the mood, was a big deal in conversation that they'd care less about this game. Looks true. They suck out loud.
"Suck out loud" is an understatement. Hell, Indiana is drooling over the thought of getting a shot at them.
MONEY
Crack Whore

Post by MONEY »

Cornhusker wrote:Ya need to wanna hit someone to win in this game. NU clearly isn't in the mood, was a big deal in conversation that they'd care less about this game. Looks true. They suck out loud.

Welcome to the PAC 10.... late in the season.

9 out of 10 teams will take your head off come bowl season.

See: Oregon State early in the year and then look at them at the end of the year.

Its the way of the PAC .
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Mace wrote:
"Suck out loud" is an understatement. Hell, Indiana is drooling over the thought of getting a shot at them.
We'll stink up plenty of Big 10 venues right up 'til we get rid of Watson.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MONEY wrote:See: Oregon State early in the year and then look at them at the end of the year.

Yeah, let's:

Sat, Nov 6 at UCLA L 14-17
Sat, Nov 13 Washington State L 14-31
Sat, Nov 20 (20) USC W 36-7
Sat, Nov 27 at (7) Stanford L 0-38
Sat, Dec 4 (1) Oregon L 20-37

Welcome back, M2.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

They held Stanford and Oregon to 38 and 37 in their last two games.

That's something.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

"Not in the mood."

Great excuse for losing a football game. The fact that the Washington defense has kicked their ass all over the field has something to do with it.
MONEY
Crack Whore

Post by MONEY »

Dinsdale wrote:

Welcome back, M2.

Friday/Thursday night in the midwest

What happens when other conferences fuck with the PAC - 9/10- late in the season.
Last edited by MONEY on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Mikey wrote:
"Not in the mood."

Great excuse for losing a football game. The fact that the Washington defense has kicked their ass all over the field has something to do with it.
Ummm.. that was an hour and a half ago, I believe I said we suck since then, and yes when you play "not in the mood" you get your ass kicked...
MONEY
Crack Whore

Post by MONEY »

Cornhusker wrote: and yes when you play "not in the mood" you get your ass kicked...

Stay down... boy.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Your Huskers may not have "been in the mood" but they need a QB and O-line....and a receiver or three. Props to the Washington defense for apparently being "in the mood" to kick some fucking ass tonight. Nice game out of the Huskies. The Big 12 is killing me in my pool. The only saving grace tonight is that most everyone else had likely picked Nebraska too.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Mace wrote:Your Huskers may not have "been in the mood" but they need a QB and O-line....and a receiver or three. Props to the Washington defense for apparently being "in the mood" to kick some fucking ass tonight. Nice game out of the Huskies. The Big 12 is killing me in my pool. The only saving grace tonight is that most everyone else had likely picked Nebraska too.

Glad I picked Washington to cover... Holy ineptitude on offense! Watson needs to disappear and howsabout a now O-line coach, too? Props to Washington for getting back after their ass-kicking at home courtesy of the same team they just bitched tonight.

Starting to believe Pelini's staff is already watching Big 10 film and discussing the need for bigger linebackers and a switch back to the 4-3 zone on D.

I don't think Peyton Manning himself could be productive with 3 defenders in his face every play. Martinez looked more like a freshman tonight than he did at the beginning of the season. Until he learns how to burn a defense stacking the box to cover his wheels...he'll continue to look like a fucko out there.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I would hate to judge Nebraska on last night's performance alone, but I paid a little more attention to the Huskers this season since they're joining the Big 10 next year and, to be honest, haven't been very impressed. I saw them play 3 games, I think.....Iowa State (could easily have lost), the CCG vs OU, and last night's debacle. Based on those 3 games, I think you guys have a lot of work to do before your inaugural season in the Big 10.

First, you're too one dimensional and will need to develope a passing game because you're not going to run the ball against the better defenses in your new conference. Sure, you'll rack up a lot of rushing yards against Indiana, but you won't be able to run the ball successfully against tOSU, Wisconsin, MSU, Iowa, etc...at least not without mixing in some play action passing. Your pass defense looks good and will probably handle the Northwestern and Indiana passing attacks but you will struggle with teams that have a balanced attack and can run the ball down your throats ('sup Wisconsin) or burn you with the pass. I don't know. It's probably unfair to judge the Huskers on only 3 games, but in two of the three I watched, you sucked (ISU and Holiday Bowl). I know Martinez didn't play against ISU and wasn't at full speed last night, but his stats don't reflect that he's much of a passer, and he will definitely need to improve that part of the game. It would help if you also had better receivers. I don't know if you had guys injured for last night's game or not, but you'll need some athletes at WR.....not guys who look like they are converted offensive linemen. The Big 10 gave you a monster schedule for the first two years and, while I think Nebraska will be a great addition to the conference, your coaching staff may have to recruit a little differently than in past years.

For whatever it's worth, that's my 2 cents. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i always thought Watson sucked at Colorado. his one good year (01), he's got two very good BTPCF running backs in Bobby Purify and Chris Brown and 3 NFL players on the OL (including Dan Graham at TE). I could have called plays for those guys. Plus, he's got Chris Simms throwing INT's all over the place in the Big XII championship game.

I'm having a little deja vu here but Watson seems like he's got to "outsmart" everyone...and nothing is worse than a football coach who thinks he's a cerebral type. Martinez can't throw a lick. he makes Jamaal Lord look like Dan Fouts.

however, pretty surprised at last night's outcome. CU homer boards are laughing it up....since they are all Pac and cool now.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Big Televen team gets its ass whooped.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

No wonder Husker fans were so slow to snap up these tickets. They must have know something we didn't.

The rep Husker fans built up over the course of decades all came crashing down in one season. Used to root for NU all the time, well except those Orange Bowls against FSU, but now when I see them lose it brings a smile to my face. NU came into the Big XII with an attitude that they owned the conference and quickly found out they didn't. Then in their final year they go out being owned by the south division.

I wonder if the rep of "Great Husker Fans" is done. It will be interesting to see how the Big te-lev-lve feels about them.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Left Seater wrote:I wonder if the rep of "Great Husker Fans" is done. It will be interesting to see how the Big te-lev-lve feels about them.
I'll let you know after I make the trip to Lincoln next season. I sat around a bunch of Nebraska fans when they came to Iowa in 1981, and they were very classy, but that's been my only personal experience. The personality of a fanbase can also change over time, as had Iowa's, so I have no idea what they're like now. So far, Michigan has the classiest fans of anyplace I've visited, with Illinois probably being the worst, at least of conference schools. Iowa State fans are the least classy, at least when they play Iowa, but I don't know what the Big 12 fans think of them. I'm not under any illusion that Iowa fans are classy either, as I've seen way too many of them who are obnoxious assholes and totally classless, and Big Ten fan's perception of Iowa fans is probably not good.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Mace wrote:I would hate to judge Nebraska on last night's performance alone, but I paid a little more attention to the Huskers this season since they're joining the Big 10 next year and, to be honest, haven't been very impressed. I saw them play 3 games, I think.....Iowa State (could easily have lost), the CCG vs OU, and last night's debacle. Based on those 3 games, I think you guys have a lot of work to do before your inaugural season in the Big 10.

First, you're too one dimensional and will need to develope a passing game because you're not going to run the ball against the better defenses in your new conference. Sure, you'll rack up a lot of rushing yards against Indiana, but you won't be able to run the ball successfully against tOSU, Wisconsin, MSU, Iowa, etc...at least not without mixing in some play action passing. Your pass defense looks good and will probably handle the Northwestern and Indiana passing attacks but you will struggle with teams that have a balanced attack and can run the ball down your throats ('sup Wisconsin) or burn you with the pass. I don't know. It's probably unfair to judge the Huskers on only 3 games, but in two of the three I watched, you sucked (ISU and Holiday Bowl). I know Martinez didn't play against ISU and wasn't at full speed last night, but his stats don't reflect that he's much of a passer, and he will definitely need to improve that part of the game. It would help if you also had better receivers. I don't know if you had guys injured for last night's game or not, but you'll need some athletes at WR.....not guys who look like they are converted offensive linemen. The Big 10 gave you a monster schedule for the first two years and, while I think Nebraska will be a great addition to the conference, your coaching staff may have to recruit a little differently than in past years.

For whatever it's worth, that's my 2 cents. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.
I wish I could find something wrong but it's all accurate. I'd say were not one dimensional however, we have NO dimension. We don't do any one thing well! Watson tells the media we are multiple, we've been waiting 3 years to at least do one thing well. He thinks he came impose his will doing different things on offense when in reality he can't do ANYTHING well. Watson has been hammering down our thoats Martinez is as good as a thrower as he's ever coached. That in and of itself speaks to his inepitude as a QB coach and O.C.
Ray Charles can see this guy hangs the ball in the air, has a slow release and terrible mechanics, panics in the pocket, (when he has a pocket) and is inaccurate as hell. Developed by Watson BTW.

The WRs, as bad as they may be talent wise; have a coach that is a hold over from Callahan's bunch and hasn't developed anyone in all this time here. Ted Gilmore; he has been bitched out on a continuing bases from Husker fan for years, as well as Barney Cotton, legacy O-Line coach. That effort last night from that group was as bad as I've seen. U-Dub got pressure with 3 freekin' guys time and again and stuffed the run with ease from the start. That was the ballgame.

Those three have been called out since last early year and if Pelini doesn't step up and role heads, you may be reading about bodies being pulled from the Platte come spring. Folks are wondering if Pelini will be as stubborn as Callahan was by holding onto Cosgrove. And, does he have the power to fire the worthless baggage as Osborne ADVISED all 3 (Watson, Cotton, Gilmore) to Pelini. Watson and Gilmore were Callahan leftovers. Cotton was shit canned from Iowa St. and without work, most think he cried at Osborne's doorstep.

What most on this national board probably don't know, and I get this from folks IN THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT, Martinez is despised by his teammates due to the fact he is held to a different set of standards from Pelini's player policies. Seems his daddy has his hands on Pelini's pulse in some way shape and form. If you notice, NO ONE associates with that guy on the sidelines at any time. Been that way all year. The team doesn't like the guy one bit. So you can bet the effort to his success is less that enthusiastic.

This team took a huge step back this season and it falls on Pelini to gut the baggage and get people in here that aren't legacies. New blood from assistant coaching would help this program enormously. I do hope for Doug Coleman as LB coach, who has NU ties however to replace Mike Eckeler who took an Asst. D.C. position at Indiana. (no loss there)

To waste 2 years of above average to very good defense because we can't move the damn ball is inexcusable. Any semblance of an offense and this team is 2 wins better immediately.

This team sucks and I agree the fan base has been a pain in the ass all season, and then some. I can't do the homer boards and actually laugh when the sky falls in on some of them like last night's fiasco.
Cry freekin' babies! I'm not sure if most on here direct their comments / frustrations to NU fan on this board directly, or where they infest everyone's boards across the country because so many feel they have a God given right to voice their opinion how wonderful everything Nebraska is and you should listen to them.... I can't stand at least half of the idiots myself.

Rants are good for the soul!
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Cornhusker wrote:[What most on this national board probably don't know, and I get this from folks IN THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT, Martinez is despised by his teammates due to the fact he is held to a different set of standards from Pelini's player policies. Seems his daddy has his hands on Pelini's pulse in some way shape and form. If you notice, NO ONE associates with that guy on the sidelines at any time. Been that way all year. The team doesn't like the guy one bit. So you can bet the effort to his success is less that enthusiastic.
Funny you should mention that because we discussed during the game last night that there appeared to be a chemistry problem in regard to Martinez.
Rants are good for the soul!
Then your soul should feel cleansed.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Left Seater wrote:No wonder Husker fans were so slow to snap up these tickets. They must have know something we didn't.
Trust me, no one here was interested in this game and rumors were the team was mailing in practice since the announcement of the rematch. I can't remember anytime since or before Solich's trip to Shreveport where there was less interest in a bowl game. This is no excuse for that miserable performance however. We stunk, Washington came to play and hit people. NU didn't.
It's not lost on anyone that we get to play them next September again and fans just couldn't see shelling out a trip to San Diego, (where we were last year for the bowl game BTW) to watch a team that we traveled to Seattle in droves already this fall. There were nearly 30K NU fans in Seattle in Sept.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Mace wrote:I'll let you know after I make the trip to Lincoln next season.
I would wager a good chunk of change you'll leave here with a great experience. People in person in Lincoln are very respectful to opposing fans.

I remember when Notre Dame came here in 2001, two guys sat next to me with "hidden" ND gear. I asked then why they were being shy about their allegiance and they said they felt surrounded. I told them they were as safe as in the momma's womb. They were throwing down Jack Daniels and got pretty light up.. :) went to the parking lot at half time and never saw them again...ND was getting worked for the most part by then.
Last edited by Cornhusker on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Cornhusker wrote:I would wager a good chunk of change you'll leave here with a great experience. People in person in Lincoln are very respectful to opposing fans.
I suspect you're right. We're already looking forward to the trip next fall.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Papa Willie wrote:I think I lost 35 points on this one in one of my Yahoo Bowl pick thingies. Thanks, Cumhuskers. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I suspect you went the only one. Those that didn't place a high value on NU were probably some resourceful NU fans. I took them in pick 'em, but I suck at that this year all the way around, so I have a right to be wrong.

I did tell my cronies yesterday I didn't like NU's chances at all to cover and was worried they could get beat, I was laughed at.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

If you need motivation to win a game in big time college football, you're a program full of pussies. Plain and simple.

I guess these are the kind of vag drippings the rest of the 10 has to look forward to.

Fuck Nebraska.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If you need motivation to win a game in big time college football, you're a program full of pussies. Plain and simple.

I guess these are the kind of vag drippings the rest of the 10 has to look forward to.

Fuck Nebraska.
You mean in addition to TheJON?
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Mace wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If you need motivation to win a game in big time college football, you're a program full of pussies. Plain and simple.

Fuck Nebraska.
You mean in addition to TheJON?
ThejON would have then come up with an additional excuse for why his pussy drippings were adequate for a bigtime bowl game.

Ya, the Hawkeyes were 5 drips away from a yeast infection. Maybe next year