Case Keenum

Honorable Mention:
Jake Locker
Kellen Moore
Jerrod Johnson
Terrelle Pryor
Jacorey Harris

Winner- Mark Ingram
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Re: 2010 Heisman Candidates

Post by stuckinia »

Invited - Tyrod Taylor
Ryan Williams
Darren Evans
Danny Coale (token white)
some other guys from other teams that do not matter

Winner - Ryan Williams

Sincerely,

VTBSH
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Mark Ingram is bama's second-best RB.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I guess I'm going off W-L record more than anything else.

Mallett and Luck will probably be more deserving, but I think both will acquire too many losses to overcome a guy like Ingram.

Maybe Kellen Moore could win it for that very reason alone. Just a thought.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'm not knocking you in particular for a thread like this, Rumps, but just making a general comment.

The Heisman winner is essentially the "MVP" of college ball ... or the "Player of the Year" in college ball, right?

So what in fuck's name is the deal with identifying guys as candidates for the award weeks before the season even begins?

It's one of the most idiotic rituals I can think of.

Theoretically, EVERYONE is a "candidate" to be the player of the year.

"Sorry, Joe Smith, but you were not on the preseason "candidate" list, so despite rushing for 2,000 yds and leading the nation in TD's, you are SOL."

Shit, man, let the teams play 8 or 9 games.
Around that time we can identify a handful of playahs who have had terrific seasons and are legitimately in the discussion for player of the year.

This moronic Heisman bullshit can suck my left fucking nut.

Makes me ill.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i'm pretty sure these are called pur-dick-shuns, you labia. is this the sort of reading skills you bring to your bible study?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

MClub wrote:i'm pretty sure these are called pur-dick-shuns, you labia.
Yes, I realize.
I said to Rumps ...
poptart wrote:I'm not knocking you in particular for a thread like this, Rumps, but just making a general comment.

Look around the interweb and you see "Heisman Candidate" lists plastered all over it.
And in the weeks prior to the college season kicking off, you'll see talking head TV douchebags talking about ---> such and such player ---> being a "Heisman Candidate."

There's no such thing as a Heisman Candidate now.

Cum November, yeah.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

poptart wrote: Look around the interweb and you see "Heisman Candidate" lists plastered all over it.
And in the weeks prior to the college season kicking off, you'll see talking head TV douchebags talking about ---> such and such player ---> being a "Heisman Candidate."

there are heisman candidates right now. it's how the machine rolls these days. or you could turn off your tv. pretty fucking easy.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

MClub wrote:there are heisman candidates right now. it's how the machine rolls these days
Just another item on a VERY long list of why Division One College Football is a joke as well as a farce.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

not really. turn on your tv and lap it up. then ask for more. why do you hate free markets?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Pops, I'm not sure why you passionately hate this particular subject. With your logic why should we even bother discussing division winners in the NFL before pre-season?

There is more parity in the NFL than any other sport, so why do you take a crack at that and denounce Heisman Trophy candidates?

Last season McCoy and Tebow were preseason candidates and they were invited by year's end. Ingram and Gerhart were surprises. Suh, not so much. In 2008 Bradford, McCoy and Tebow were candidates and they were all invited, so discussing it now is not really all that far fetched.
Last edited by Go Coogs' on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

They only invited Tebow as a courtesy.

Nothing wrong with your list of invitees other than that only 4 of those 5 will be invited.
Last edited by MuchoBulls on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

poptart wrote:So what in fuck's name is the deal with identifying guys as candidates for the award weeks before the season even begins?
Have you been in another country the last few years or something? Wait...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'd put Pryor in the first list.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Locker should be there over Luck. If UW can pull a respectable season he should get an invite. Dude will be coming in with a lot of hype.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

PSUFAN wrote:I'd put Pryor in the first list.

Jumping the gun a bit...

How about we wait until he puts together two high quality games in a row?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Rumps, I have no problem cracking on the NFL for things, and parity is among the things I have cracked the NFL for.
But the filth and absurdity of D-1 College Football takes it to a whole different level.

The yearly Heisman bullshit is off the charts wack.

This ...
poptart wrote:Look around the interweb and you see "Heisman Candidate" lists plastered all over it.

Cum November, yeah.
Then MClub responds, says (paraphrasing), "Yeah, but that's how they roll these days. If you're gonna be a Heisman contender, the school's gotta pimp ya.'

TOO funny.
TOO TOO funny.

It's the fuckin' Player of the Year award.
Why should it require that a school pimp a guy hard for it - and especially weeks before the season even begins?

This is just PHENOMENALLY idiotic bullshit.

D-1 College Football is a complete farce.

Every Saturday of D-1 College Football is like the Little League World Series - in a season where some team rolls everyone because they've weaseled a couple of stud 14 yr olds onto the squad.

You've got cheating ALL OVER the landscape.
Players being paid, players balling who should be academically ineligble, players who never should have been eligible in the first place, players who never should have been admitted to college, players who have someone else do their homework, players who are coddled and pushed through, players receiving favors, ... etc...

And as you tune in to a game, you have NO IDEA who these guys are ... or how many of them are running around the field.

You have NO IDEA which teams are rolling people because they are scamming everyone - or that they are better scammers than the other folks.

It is a total JOKE and anyone who financially supports such trash should immediately check themself into a mental institution.

It is NOT intercollegiate athletics.

It is an absolute pile of horseshit.

Turn D-1 College into an NFL farm system.
Or a minor league.
Or let the athletes make college football their major.
Or pay the players.
Or SOMETHING.

Because what is going on right now is seriously fucking sick.

And I'm sorry, but some of you people are sick in the head.

Consider this my yearly pilgrimage into the CFB Forum to make new friends.

I luv all of you, too.

8)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Can't...take it...anymore...

Sin,
poptah's enter key
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Good
God even
I thin
k
that is an in-
sane use of
the carriage

return.

-Wolfie
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Consider this my yearly pilgrimage into the CFB Forum to make new friends.
Great. But it's a waste of time. Waltzing into a forum of cfb diehards and convincing us all that our favorite sport sucks BECAUSE YOU SAY SO! will be no less difficult than convincing intelligent, rational adults that a bearded man living on a white puffy cloud created the universe in 6 days. The absolute worst possible state of college football is still infinitely more interesting than anything the NFL could ever muster on Sundays. But, that's just like, an opinion, man.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote:Why should it require that a school pimp a guy hard for it - and especially weeks before the season even begins?

You realize there's around 10,000 D1 players every year, right?

Yes, you read that right, no I didn't make a typo...

So, if you're on the Heisman Committee, you're going to watch every game by all of them?

Feeling stupid yet? You probably should.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Pops, what is your deal, man?

I could understand your hatred for something or someone that has wronged you in the past. But this....this is just crazy talk. Just walk away, dude, before you end up stretching this very simple topic to 5 pages of bullshit.

Hell, man, JON is not this fucking psycho and he is board bitch runner up every year.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

A Ghost Town called the NFL Forum and said it was stale and boring.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

let the athletes make college football their major.
Yes.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

PSUFAN wrote:
let the athletes make college football their major.
Yes.
not sure how this works. i think it's entirely possible to frame a college major that educates players on the political economy of football or sports as spectacle that is interdisciplinary in economics, poli sci, sociology, media studies. though i know what is meant is that they "play" football as a major, probably.

anyone who can't make a C in the dumbed-down, super grade inflation social sciences and humanities these days (trust me) is doing something active to fail. like not showing up for exams or not turning things in. so, it's a plausible major in that sense. though, if it's me, unless i'm stud city recruit like M2....i don't WANT to major in football. i'm using that op to get a real degree...and nail the hotties. or just plain blow it off (and there are plenty of good logics for that, too).

anyway, there's never any meaningless hype for the 365 days a year of available reading, awesome "sports journalists", and radio hosts stroking it about the NFL that isn't not worthwhile.

i nearly went to heaven listening to Jay Mariotti touch himself for America and his listeners after the Landon Donavon goal v. Algiers. An NFL mentality is mos def what everything needs more of.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

King Crimson wrote:anyone who can't make a C in the dumbed-down, super grade inflation social sciences and humanities these days (trust me) is doing something active to fail. like not showing up for exams or not turning things in.
I agree.

8:02 mark. This dude graduated with a degree from a major university, so anyone can do it as far as I'm concerned.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dinsdale wrote:You realize there's around 10,000 D1 players every year, right?

Yes, you read that right, no I didn't make a typo...

So, if you're on the Heisman Committee, you're going to watch every game by all of them?
LOL

Your 10,000 number is complete bullshit.

Tell me when a non-QB, Back, or WR ever won the award?

Take your time, retard.

College Basketball doesn't seem to have a reason to go through a ludicrous dog-and-pony show each year to identify it's player of the year, does it?

The Heisman Committee doesn't need to be watching, reading, and listening to Player of the Year propaganda before the season even begins.

It's totally wack and stop trying to defend something so moronic.

Mid-late season, if there is somehow a "non-skill player" who is truly outstanding and maybe deserving of PoTY, everyone is aware of the player.

I can understand D-1 football fan being disheartened by my criticisms.

You like your fix and would rather not have someone denegrating what you have a taste for.

You're like the john who's comfortably settled in to the routine of drilling stank skank and doesn't want anyone laughing and pointing as you get your rocks off.

It's fine.

You're just gettin' your share.

D-1 college football has a seductive "mood" to it, yes, but it is a cesspool of absolute filth.

It doesn't come remotely close to being straight-forward level-fielded competition.

It is what it is.

No worries.

Just forget you ever read my posts and enjoy your Saturdays, johns.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The absolute worst possible state of college football is still infinitely more interesting than anything the NFL could ever muster on Sundays. But, that's just like, an opinion, man.
Opinion noted. It sucked.

The NFL > CFB

And I like CFB but recognize it for what it is.... a place where boys go to play with the hope of someday actually getting paid for it. Once they become men, that is.

'tart is correct.... Heisman trophy threads 2 months before the season even starts are whack and you ARE a pud pulling jerkoff if you think otherwise.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Everything on this board is ultimately irrelevant. If somebody wants to post a Heisman thread in June, who gives a fuck? A Heisman thread is at least more interesting than people complaining about a Heisman thread. Where's the value in that, you goddamn simpleton?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

IndyFellates wrote:A Ghost Town called the NFL Forum and said it was stale and boring.
^^^ pud puller extraordinaire

you've got down this road before, how'd it work out for you?

An admin dissing one of the forums on the message board he supposedly regulates, just a great strategy you've got there, Homer.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Everything on this board is ultimately irrelevant. If somebody wants to post a Heisman thread in June, who gives a fuck? A Heisman thread is at least more interesting than people complaining about a Heisman thread. Where's the value in that, you goddamn simpleton?
Nice edit to add the simpleton part.

No complaints, you can opine about anything you want, anytime you want. But keep your ignorant mouth on the topic at hand instead of making stupid comments about the NFL.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I certainly am no fan of the marketing campaign that they call the Heisman race. I don't think I've ever read a regular from this forum assert that they had a lot of respect for how the race is conducted. However, it has always provided good discussion material here. Good discussion mixed with some good-natured smack is what makes for a good forum that stands a chance at lasting, as I see it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Or I'll just post them in here, the NFL forum, or the SIGNAMI forum, while you beat your chest into a pile of thin skinned osteo mush.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

War Wagon wrote:'tart is correct.... Heisman trophy threads 2 months before the season even starts are whack and you ARE a pud pulling jerkoff if you think otherwise.
Suck a giant black cock you rednecked ignorant twat.

If you feel Heisman chatter is a big waste of time prior to the season beginning, then post elsewhere. I could give a shit.

Speculation is 90% of what the CFB Forum is about. That goes for the NFL board too, which I like, but we all know what forum dominates here. It's no fucking secret, Wags. I equally enjoy both, but offseason convo is far better in the CFB forum. Shit, Wolfie sees more action than the NFL forum during the offseason.

Stay on topic or get fucked.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

poptart wrote:Then MClub responds, says (paraphrasing), "Yeah, but that's how they roll these days. If you're gonna be a Heisman contender, the school's gotta pimp ya.'
that's not actually what i said, you girl.

heisman promotion has little to do with winning the actual heisman. you have marketable player you market him, and then sportswriters pay more attention to your team, and the more attention they pay the more compelled they are to write about your team, and the more they write about your team the more the public pays attention. joey harrington going to new york to draw himself on the side of a building did more to elevate oregon in the public consciousness then coming in 4th place (or whatever...i'm making this part up) in the heisman race did. how fucking dull are you?

otherwise, they're "candidates." call them preseason favorites or whatever the fuck you prefer. just because someone's a 'candidate' now doesn't mean he's going to get a free pass if he mails in his season.

And as you tune in to a game, you have NO IDEA who these guys are ... or how many of them are running around the field.

You have NO IDEA which teams are rolling people because they are scamming everyone - or that they are better scammers than the other folks.
oh, thanks for answering my question about how dull you are. what's next? astrophysics is gay because i'd fail a survey course in it.

College Basketball doesn't seem to have a reason to go through a ludicrous dog-and-pony show each year to identify it's player of the year, does it?
ja, the wooden award doesn't release a pre-season finalist award, do they? go back to licking your own arsehole.

I can understand Jesus fan being disheartened by my criticisms.

You like your fix and would rather not have someone denegrating what you have a taste for.

You're like the john who's comfortably settled in to the routine of drilling stank skank and doesn't want anyone laughing and pointing as you get your rocks off.

It's fine.

You're just gettin' your share.

D-1 college football has a seductive "mood" to it, yes, but it is a cesspool of absolute filth.
so you've finally come around on this bible of yours, eh.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Go Coogs' wrote:
Stay on topic or get fucked.
Take your own advice.

I only chimed in 'cause the usual suspects made derogatory comments about the NFL, admins no less, and when it comes down to it, MLB is way more interesting than either. Truthfully, NASCAR is more interesting than either, at least to me.

And also truthfully, I wouldn't have even clicked on your shit thread if I hadn't seen 'tart was the last post. Read between the lines and figure out what that means.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

the usual suspects made derogatory comments about the NFL
Jiminy Crickets, drama queen. Wring your diaper out already, the squelching noise is getting absurd.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

War Wagon wrote:And also truthfully, I wouldn't have even clicked on your shit thread if I hadn't seen 'tart was the last post. Read between the lines and figure out what that means.
Oh my goodness. I am SO hurt by your admittance of skimming my posts.

Once again, your attempt at trying to be a dick has failed. Choose another shtick or continue to fall flat on your face, Wags. Nobody cares.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Rumps wrote:Pops, what is your deal, man?

I could understand your hatred for something or someone that has wronged you in the past. But this....this is just crazy talk. Just walk away, dude, before you end up stretching this very simple topic to 5 pages of bullshit.
Rumps, the college game is much better than the NFL game in a number of ways, imo.

The NFL game is too packaged, too predictable, the teams run the same things, there is very little variance in "character" or uniqueness from team to team.
I've said before that you could switch the uni's of teams and it'd be hard for the fan to notice the change.
It's become way too vanilla in a lot of ways.

The college game has more variation from team to team.
More unique traits and quirks.
More differences in gameplans, formations, and approaches.
It is a faster paced game.
It's not as predictable as the NFL.

I LIKE the college game in a lot of ways.

But the college game has slowly moved in the same "vanilla" direction as the NFL over the past couple of decades.
Packaged.
20-30 years ago the college game was even more distinct from the NFL and it was more interesting, fresh and fun to watch.

But I'm sorry.
I CAN NOT get past the fact that D-1 college football is a laughable farce - for the reasons I noted.

It's not watchable and it is not a legit competition, as far as I'm concerned.
It's like a sit-com - something to laff at.

The fact that people are so hung up in something that is "rigged," and played on a hopelessly clouded field, is a study in human psychology.

Y'all are hooked on the "mood" of the whole thing.

That's fine.

Hey, if you like it -- and I know you're IN, have fun with it.

Poptart is not in.

No biggie.

Just making conversation here.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

PSUFAN wrote:
the usual suspects made derogatory comments about the NFL
Jiminy Crickets, drama queen. Wring your diaper out already, the squelching noise is getting absurd.
Drama? I see no drama, just a statement of facts.

Dude who trolls his own board is accusing somebody else of drama?

that's rich.