jesus lizard: best stooges cover band ever

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

jesus lizard: best stooges cover band ever

Post by King Crimson »

""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: jesus lizard: best stooges cover band ever

Post by King Crimson »

""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I've been trying to find an LP version of "The Idiot" forever.

Iggy Pop: West Michigan native. RACK HIM.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

I saw Jesus Lizard open for Helmet when I was in high school. Most violent show ever. They brought the degenerates out of the woodwork. Great band though.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Where did you see them?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

I think the shithole was called the Floodzone then. It was in Richmond VA around 1993. I also saw Fugazi, Shudder to Think, Jawbox, and Avail there. Great venue, too many skinheads.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I've been trying to find an LP version of "The Idiot" forever.

Iggy Pop: West Michigan native. RACK HIM.

Under the review, there's a download link:

http://shallyboy.blogspot.com/2009/04/i ... idiot.html
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Thanks dude, but I was talking vinyl. You remember vinyl...don't you?

Top three things on my purchase list:

1. Couch
2. Bed
3. Turntable
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I saw Jesus Lizard in '94, the best part of that band imo was the always thundering bass, constant in every song. The best of this genre will always be the Scratch Acid greatest Gift EP - that shit blew all of us away at the time...until we discovered The Birthday Party.

Anyway, this was always my fave:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Philly's Ruin was in the same time frame - they were fucking brutal live:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

PSUFAN wrote:I saw Jesus Lizard in '94, the best part of that band imo was the always thundering bass, constant in every song. The best of this genre will always be the Scratch Acid greatest Gift EP - that shit blew all of us away at the time...until we discovered The Birthday Party.

Anyway, this was always my fave:
BP were covering the Stooges in like 1980, which was pretty heavy. i have a BP boot where Cave says before playing 1970: "This is one from a band called the Stooges....they are from Italy". Mission of Burma also covered 1970 in the early 80's. people credit "the Ramones" for starting the "punk movement" in the 1977 or whenever. the Stooges had already recorded 2/3 records by 1972. the Beatles were still together when "The Stooges" came out on Elektra. and needles to say, ignoring "punk" in the UK. not this BS deification of the doo-wop band the Ramones seen on HBO's Entourage that is factually inaccurate. Rocket to Russia is great, but the Buzzcocks were already broken up then, too.

Greatest Gift is a rocker yeah. Greatest G is on one of those Sub-Pop compilations. i saw Scratch Acid in Norman in the 80's, it was unreal.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

PSUFAN wrote:...until we discovered The Birthday Party.
i stuck a 6 inch gold blade in the girl; yeah, the girl.

BP also covers funhouse and dirt from funhouse in 80 or 81.
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

don't think I'd relegate Jesus Lizard to a Stooges cover band. HUGE Jesus Lizard fan. first saw them live when they toured with Sonic Youth on the Goo tour in either 90 or 91. they managed to kick SY's butt, and this was before the Kim songs got real annoying.
why is my neighborhood on fire
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Bizzarofelice wrote:don't think I'd relegate Jesus Lizard to a Stooges cover band. HUGE Jesus Lizard fan. first saw them live when they toured with Sonic Youth on the Goo tour in either 90 or 91. they managed to kick SY's butt, and this was before the Kim songs got real annoying.
the Kim songs on Goo are kinda cool, actually. not as cool as the Sprawl but the one with Chuck D. (maybe the 3rd cut) and Dirty Boots is a rocker. great LP art, too. kinda the last vintage SY record to me. i saw the Goo tour at the Gothic in Denver, with Denver Subpop band "The Fluid" opening. Roadmouth was a pretty decent LP. at least one side.

i always like d Scratch Acid better, because they turned me on at a young age....so maybe i'm not fully appreciating the JL.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

and when i say stooges cover band, it's not an uncomlement.

"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

King Crimson wrote: with Denver Subpop band "The Fluid" opening.

Were you in The Fluid? A Rome board guy long ago was claiming to be.
why is my neighborhood on fire
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
King Crimson wrote: with Denver Subpop band "The Fluid" opening.

Were you in The Fluid? A Rome board guy long ago was claiming to be.
me, no. for a while, one of their guitarists lived up the street from me and a couple buddies. one of my buddy's band, Smack Jacket, opened for them a few times on some of their local "bigger" venue shows and they also opened for the Melvins. pretty good guys, the Fluid, from what interaction i had with them. they were pretty big for a while around here riding the whole Sub Pop deal. had some pretty "epic" Pac NW tours (dins would probably disagree, one assumes, but i think all that was kinda before his time anyway)...they've been playing some reunion shows of late around the Denver area. there's some stuff on youtube but don't have time to search em out right now.
"