Harbaugh to Michigan?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Harbaugh to Michigan?

Post by Moby Dick »

i'd like to see Harbaugh stay put and see Stanford compete annually for the Pac10 title.

i've always had a soft spot for stanford since the days of Tommy Vardell..a kid that grew up down the street from me went there as well (TJ Rushing).
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

If I'm Michigan, I make it happen yesterday. Fuck that spread nonsense. Harbaugh is the right fit.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Van wrote:If I'm Michigan, I make it happen yesterday. Fuck that spread nonsense. Harbaugh is the right fit.

Yeah, like Hairball is going to leave the "Bay Area" to live in some shithole with Hillbillies, Eskimos, and igloos.

It'll never happen.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Harbaugh went to HS in Palo Alto.

Coaches who have success at Stanford and move on never seem to be able to do it anywhere else, for some reason.

Go ask Ty.

Or Mike.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

.m2 wrote:
Van wrote:If I'm Michigan, I make it happen yesterday. Fuck that spread nonsense. Harbaugh is the right fit.

Yeah, like Hairball is going to leave the "Bay Area" to live in some shithole with Hillbillies, Eskimos, and igloos.

It'll never happen.
Please swallow one of these at 2800 fps.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mikey, Bill Walsh managed it pretty decently.

:mrgreen:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:Mikey, Bill Walsh managed it pretty decently.

:mrgreen:
Well yeah, you've sort of got something there.

He was only there for two years (his first time through) though and inherited a lot of good players.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

As nice as the bay area is. Harbaugh wouldn't think twice if Michigan came calling. Michigan is his dream job...he's a Wolverine to the core.

But...a couple wins here and there in the PAC10 isn't quite enough yet. Lets see what he does next year since that will be RichRod's last year here I imagine.
Those who stay will be champions.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

BlindRef wrote:As nice as the bay area is. Harbaugh wouldn't think twice if Michigan came calling. Michigan is his dream job...he's a Wolverine to the core.

Pssst....

You must not live in the "Bay Area".

Hairball's disdain for his college team and his time there has been well documented on a daily basis here.

Hairball has a better chance of being the head coach at tOSU than he ever would at MeChicken.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Papa Willie wrote: I'm too much of a real man to ever want to actually live in that shithole. Hope you understand.

You live in rural Georgia.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Papa Willie wrote:
.m2 wrote:
Papa Willie wrote: I'm too much of a real man to ever want to actually live in that shithole. Hope you understand.

You live in rural Georgia.

No - not at all. I do know this, though. If a person like you were to ever move here, you'd get the shit kicked out of you 4-5 times in the first week simply based on as much of a pussy as you are. :D

We have enough money here to hire "rednecks" to kick the shit outta your black ass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Meanwhile, back at The Farm...

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_13792076
Stanford A.D.: Harbaugh's new contract should be completed soon
By Jon Wilner

Mercury News

Posted: 11/14/2009 08:06:06 PM PST
Updated: 11/15/2009 05:36:32 AM PST
Stanford A.D.: Harbaugh's new contract should be completed soon

Nov 14:
A.D.: Harbaugh's new deal should be finished soon

Stanford is close to completing Coach Jim Harbaugh's contract extension, which was put on hold last winter.

"I expect that we'll have an announcement soon,'' Cardinal athletic director Bob Bowlsby said after Stanford's 55-21 victory over USC.

The three-year extension Harbaugh agreed to a year ago would run through the 2014 season. It was reportedly worth $1.25 million annually, making him the highest-paid coach in Stanford history.

The school put the contract on hold because of the poor economic climate.

"The timing was not great back in February,'' Bowlsby said. "But we've made progress and have a good plan in place.''

Told that Stanford fans are concerned that Harbaugh, one of the hottest coaches in the country, might be pursued by Michigan (his alma mater) or an NFL team, Bowlsby said:

"Jim's not going any place. No one should panic. Jim wants to be at Stanford "... I think he'll tell you the same thing.''

Asked about the status of his contract extension, Harbaugh smiled but declined to comment...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

He has two years left on his current contract. If he signs the three year extension SC could be in the permanent shitter by the time he leaves.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I just want to say that Bob Bowlsby is a fucking idiot and he can go fuck himself for ruining our basketball program.

That is all.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

They lost by 12 to UT-San Antonio today. lol
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Screw_Michigan wrote:When is the last time you guys had a legitimate basketball program? The 80s?
We were solid throughout the 90's too. And we had some quality years this decade, just no success in the NCAA Tournament.

Tom Davis' last game as a coach at Iowa was a Sweet 16 loss to UCONN. He was our winningest coach of all-time. We made it at least to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament 9 times from 1987-1999 under Dr. Tom. We sold out Carver Hawkeye Arena pretty much every game. That wasn't good enough for Bowlsby. I guess he thought Iowa was above finishing in the top half of the Big-10 most years and winning a game or 2 in the NCAA tournament.

So the tard fires our winningest coach of all-time after he takes us to the Sweet 16, and then hires Steve Alfraud. And then after Alfraud proves to be a horrible coach and his program has embarrassing incidents off the court, he refuses to fire the tard. He calls us Iowa fans "rank amateurs". Actually, that pretty much sums him up. Year after year of off the court incidents, declining attendance, and underachieving teams, he still stood behind Alfraud.

And because of that, our basketball program is in the shitter. And this is ALL his fault. So fuck him to hell.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:They lost by 12 to UT-San Antonio today. lol
Yeah, and it won't be the last time we lose a game like this. The strength of our team is our perimeter shooting and we shot 5-27 from 3. We will lose EVERY game we don't shoot well from 3. This team is better than that.

I actually thought we would lose this game. UTSA starts 4 seniors and 1 junior, and they're not a bad team. First game of the year the advantage goes to the experienced squad. We're just way too young right now. You could see the difference in experience on the court.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:They lost by 12 to UT-San Antonio today. lol
Yeah, and it won't be the last time we lose a game like this. The strength of our team is our perimeter shooting and we shot 5-27 from 3. We will lose EVERY game we don't shoot well from 3. This team is better than that.

I actually thought we would lose this game. UTSA starts 4 seniors and 1 junior, and they're not a bad team. First game of the year the advantage goes to the experienced squad. We're just way too young right now. You could see the difference in experience on the court.
Oklahoma opened the season against a team that will likely see post season play in Mount St. Mary and had four true freshman score in double figures to include Pledger who scored 21 and Tiny Gallon who logged a double double with 15 pts and 18 rebs.

Basketball is a game where if you have the talent you have the talent.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Rack the take, Jon. Totally forgot about Dr. Tom. Still, that was a long fucking time ago. No faith in the former Butler coach?
I might actually be the only Iowa fan that is still behind Coach Lick. I am disappointed with how it has gone the first 2 years, but Alfraud left him a complete mess and our new AD isn't doing much to help. We have some of the worst facilities in the Big-10, and that really hurts recruiting. We spend millions and millions of dollars on football and we're FINALLY just starting to upgrade the hoops facilities. We don't even have a practice facility. Even had a directional school coach ripping on our facilities last year when they were forced to practice at some HS gym. That's fucked up!

I just wish I wasn't the only patient Iowa fan. It's frustrating because no one cares anymore. We're beyond apathy. The Pierre Pierce rape saga(s) really killed this program. Used to get 15,000 for EVERY game, and now we're playing in front of 7,000.

Nobody will even give Lick a chance- well, except me. I dream of the day Carver is packed and you can't hear yourself talk again. Now you can hear a pin drop in there. They have to beg us to go to games. Students don't care. Boosters don't care. Oh well, they'll be back. When we're competing for an NCAA Tournament berth next year, they'll show up. I'll make sure to keep their seats warm in the meantime!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

TheJON wrote:Yeah, and it won't be the last time we lose a game like this. The strength of our team is our perimeter shooting and we shot 5-27 from 3. We will lose EVERY game we don't shoot well from 3. This team is better than that.

It's going to be a long season for you guys. It doesn't help that the Big Ten will be as deep as it's been in a long, long time.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

ja, bad timing for us michigan fans as well. the first time since i've had pubes that we have legitimate hopes for our team and we'll probably end up 10-8 in conference.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I think Michigan wins 11-12 games in the Big-10 and gets about a 5 seed in the tourney. MSU and Purdue at the top, then it's OSU and Michigan. After that I really don't think the league is that good. Iowa, Indiana, Northwestern, and Penn St are all lousy and I don't think Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are that great either. I think the Top 4 is as good of a Top 4 as there is in any conference but the rest is mediocre.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Isn't there a college hoops forum around here somewhere?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
Van wrote:Harbaugh slapped the piss out of the conference.

Which is why they're going to the Rose Bowl?

Oh, wait...

Or was that...

Sin, Oregon State and Zona
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It says "How could Furd have 'slapped the piss out of' a conference in which they'll finish 2nd or 3rd'?"

Everyone not named Wazzu or UCLA "slapped the piss" out of everyone else -- damn fine conference this season -- ain't Stanford ain't winning it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:Stanford ain't winning it.
Arizona beats Oregon
Oregon beats Oregon State
USC or Arizona State beats Arizona
Stanford humiliates Cal

Stanford plays tOSU in a rematch of the 1971 Rose Bowl

It could happen.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Harbaugh vs OSU.....that's must-see tv. Please cooperate Pac10!!!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Harbaugh is hardcore enough to where he's going to piss off the libs at Stanford before too much longer. He'll fuck up and say his team played like sissies, and the fags up there will come out of the woodwork, cry, they'll fire him, and that'll be that.
Nah, he's too much of a class act to do that. Also, Stanford's the conservative school, idiot. Save your Melting Libtard balsts for tards.net.
Conservative is a relative term.

Put anybody up against Berserkley and they'll look conservative.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Condoleeza was the Provost there when Dubya picked her for...whatever he picked her for. George Shultz was on the faculty at one time, I believe.

Also, William Shockley was once on the faculty. A Nobel Prize winning physicist with some...uh...non-mainstream views on race, intelligence and eugenics.

Hanging around there in the late 60s and early 70s though, you would never have gotten the impression that there was a lot of conservatism on display.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So was Paul (The Population Bomb) Erlich