Okay, Sparty.....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Okay, Sparty.....

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The Schmawkeyes are going to upchuck their assholes.

Sigbet is ON.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Ricky Stanzi, meet Greg Jones.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The best linebacker in the Big Ten???
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Right. :lol:

You're in for a world of hurt, Schmawkeyes.

Sin,

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:swoon:

-ND's erstwhile 4-1 record
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mace wrote:Did Michigan get to meet Mr. Jones too?
Uhh, yes they did.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Let me get my shit talking in while it counts, Mace. :lol:

I have much respect for your team.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Cousins will shred that swiss cheese secondary.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Northwestern, with their dink and donk offense is annoying as fuck. I'm just happy to survive that shit.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Northwestern has a horrible red zone offense. They WILL move the ball between the 20s, but that's it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The last time the Schmawkeyes won in E. Lansing.

Oh, it's coming. It's coming again! Bwaaaaahahahahaha
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

This game on the BTN blows.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

No, the Iowa-MSU game on primetime.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Ingram would've looked better in green and white. :|
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Michigan State still has a football program?? They got uniforms and all that stuff???
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Don't look but now but we're on a collision course for Iowa to get another crack at another BCS bowl...against USC.

:lol:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace, we both know Iowa doesn't want any part of USC, not in a Rose Bowl.

Pray for Oregon. You may still get waxed, but you will get waxed by USC.

USC has Oregon St next week, then the big one at Autzen...on Halloween. Obviously that one scares me. However, if USC gets through these next two weeks then you'd better hope for a miracle - a BCS title game berth - 'cause you're not coming to L.A. and beating USC in a bowl game.

:twisted:

Shit, let's just shoot for the moon. Let's both get miracles, and make that bowl game in L.A. be the one that happens on the 7th instead of the 1st.

:lol:

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mace wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The best linebacker in the Big Ten???
He'll be the fourth best LB on the field next Saturday.

Sin,

Angerer, Edds & Hunter
Don't you mean 10th best (or however many schollie LB's Iowa has + 1)?

Sin,

NOJ

P.S. As we all know, every player at Iowa is a future first-round draft choice.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Why would Iowa want no part of USC? They should want to face the best possible bowl opponent they could get. This is not 2002. USC would not wax Iowa- anywhere. If we happen to face it will be both teams best opponent of the year and a great game. Who would win? I haven't a clue but there would be no waxing. I know USC fan would spend the month predicting blowout, but so did Iowa State. Arizona, Penn State, Wisconsin and now some MSU fans. So it's really nothing new.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

USC would destroy Iowa in a BCS bowl game.

Destroy them.

Iowa might stand a chance against them in a lesser bowl game, but if the only thing standing between USC and another national title or even a Rose Bowl victory is Iowa then Iowa would get flat out rolled by USC. That's a USC team Iowa wants no part of.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

USC isn't blowing anyone out but they're going to blowout the best team and defense they'll face all year? You don't think Iowa will be emotionally fired up as well. USC hasn't got the weapons on offense to blow Iowa out. Iowa matches up very well against USC, especially considering the Trojans start a true freshman QB. He would struggle against this defense. And on top of that, your WR's are not that great. Iowa would force some turnovers in this game.

Iowa 24
USC 21

Good game but Hawks pull it out in the end with a late FG by our clutch kicker Daniel Murray.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

You're really going to argue with Van on this one? He's the same guy who's absolutely convinced UDub and Stanford would roll any other team outside the Pac 10. Roll them. Oh, sorry, paragraph break.

Roll them.

Absolutely.

Roll them.

The only reason Stanford isn't ranked is because of name recognition.

And the fact they suck.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

TheJON wrote:I know USC fan would spend the month predicting blowout, but so did Iowa State. Arizona, Penn State, Wisconsin and now some MSU fans.
Eh, I assume you're referring to me on that last one. I predicted no such thing, just running a little harmless, drunken smack.

In all seriousness, the only scenario I can't envision is MSU winning by a wide margin. They'll win a close one, Iowa will win a close one, or Iowa will win by double digits.

btw, is it too much to ask to go just a single thread without USC coming into the discussion? We get it. They're good.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mace wrote:I said "on the field", Terrry, but if you're including the players on the sideline, you'd be correct. The Iowa linebackers will put on a clinic for Mrs. Jones' little boy next Saturday. He should watch and learn how the position is supposed to be played. :)
Preseason Big Ten defensive player of the year says what?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Well, you have the best linebacking unit, no doubt. They like to drop back into coverage it seems, so Cousins will have to be sharp. I'd actually like to see Nichol get some playing time. If you guys are only rushing 4, he should be able to do some damage with his legs.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I wasn't referring to you, Mgo. I was reading the Iowa message boards and there's a lot of MSU fans running their mouthes about how Iowa doesn't even belong on the same field as MSU and crap like that.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Oh. Well yeah. Those rival and scout boards are a wasteland of homerism.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Oh. Well yeah. Those rival and scout boards are a wasteland of homerism.
True. They're good for an occasional laugh though. I usually peak at it on Sunday's just so I can see the thread started by whatever opponent we're facing about how Iowa has no shot and will get blown out. I believe the MSU thread this week makes it the 5th opponent this year. Amazing!

But as for the Iowa-MSU game, I really don't know how to predict this. It could go either way. MSU is playing a lot better right now. I told you a few weeks back they reminded me of Iowa last year with the close losses and then all of a sudden just started winning. This would be a statement win for MSU and show their program is on the rise. For Iowa, it's really our biggest hurdle the rest of the way- and that includes a trip to Columbus. I don't think Ohio State is a very good matchup against Iowa because we will eat a mistake ridden QB like Pryor alive and I have no clue how they could score on us. But MSU can shut down our run game and maybe even run the football well enough to hang in there with Iowa.

I would probably take Iowa by 3-7 points but I would not be surprised with just about any outcome.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

MSU's freshmen running backs are improving, but keep coughing up the ball. That concerns me more than anything else.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Wegher has too much upside to switch positions. I think Robinson moves to safety next year. I think he's a decent RB, but Wegher clearly has more upside. Right now I think Robinson is our best #1 RB option, but next year I think Hampton and Wegher will distance themselves from the pack and A-Rob will make the switch to safety.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Back to the game...

One guy that makes me nervous is Spievey. That dude is a beast. Wonder if he'll be matched up with Blair White, or perhaps Mark Dell. Mark Dell has been an enigma. He's got all kinds of upside but he can't seem to stay healthy, and isn't consistently catching the ball. One thing though is he seems to show up in the marquee games yet is a non factor against the Northwesterns of the world. Go figure. B.J. Cunningham has risen to the #2 spot in terms of reliability, behind Blair White.

I think MSU should committ to running the ball, and I think you'll see a lot of this off pitches and screens. Glenn Winston got hurt, so Edwin Baker's redshirt was burned. MSU will be operating with a true freshman backfield with Caper and Baker as the 1-2 punch. It's nerve-wracking yet exciting at the same time since these guys are supposed to be the future featured backs. I think they can gash Iowa a little bit, they just need to hang onto the damn ball.

Cousins will not need to attempt an aerial assault; will just have to make the clutch 3rd down throws, etc. Their red zone offense has been pretty good. I believe your red zone D has been stellar. Those will be good match ups. If it comes down to field goals, MSU has got the edge there.

I believe Nichol will be thrown into the mix as well, possibly off some designed runs since he can do some damage with his legs. I'd like to see him come in and run a few draws or option keepers to keep the Iowa D on its heels. Hopefully his throwing arm will be taped to his waist, because he will not do squat against the Iowa secondary. I don't like his throwing mechanics and he's made some really poor decisions.

Moeaki is another guy that scares me. Good tight ends have been shredding MSU's d this year. I believe Ferentz said he's the best TE he's ever seen at Iowa (when healthy). If that guy gets loose it will be a long day for the MSU d.

I think it'll be relatively low scoring, similar to last year.

MSU 19
Iowa 17
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You guys have given up some yardage on the ground. You did so against Michigan, a team MSU had little trouble stopping on the ground. Some of that is due to scheme, but your rush D is not the featured aspect of your defense this year like it normally is. It's not bad by any means, but teams can (and have) run it effectively enough against your dline.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Agreed. You can run on Iowa. The problem is you can't do it consistently and it's tough to throw on this defense. Michigan is the only offense to have any bit of consistency on offense against the Iowa defense. If MSU moves the ball early, they damn sure better take advantage of that by putting points on the board because our D will dominate later in the game about the time the offense starts to click.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Good guys: 24
Sparty: 13
11 point win, eh? I hope Iowa is as overly-confident as you are. Looks like the line is set at a pick'em right now. Smart money is on a small margin of victory for whomever wins.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Good guys: 24
Sparty: 13
11 point win, eh? I hope Iowa is as overly-confident as you are. Looks like the line is set at a pick'em right now. Smart money is on a small margin of victory for whomever wins.
The line in the game doesn't matter.

We were 2 1/2 point dogs last week and won by 10 at Wisconsin. We were 10 point dogs at Penn State and won by 11.

We've covered 5 straight games away from Kinnick and 8 of the last 9 overall games vs BCS conference opponents.

Doesn't mean Iowa will win by 11, or even win. I'm just saying that I could care less where the line is set.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

iowa will win by 10+. i'll throw a bet down on it.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

so, Big tenners, there is really no elite team in the Big 10?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

M Club wrote:iowa will win by 10+. i'll throw a bet down on it.
what kind of bet?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

shit, i don't care. sigs, avs, wind chimes, cold hard cash? i'll stick a dollar in an envelope and mail it to you if i'm wrong.

i really just don't think state is that good of a team, while i find iowa very solid. the last time state played a similar team [wisco] they got waxed.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

It's on.

If I win you have to get Petrus to hold up a sign saying "GO GREEN, GO WHITE" and post it here.

Name your terms.